the defendant needed something
来吸引别人的注意
to get their attention.
萨曼莎·博德曼 法官阁下
Samantha Boardman, Your Honor.
在高三这一年
Now, in your junior year,
你是否有见过名叫米歇尔·卡特的人
did you meet someone by the name of Michelle Carter?
有
Yes.
你记得你怎么认识她的吗
And do you remember how you came to meet her?
我记得 她跟我同上两堂课
She was in two of my classes, I believe, um, or...
所以我在数学课上和她说了话 我记得是这样
So, I talked to her in math class, I believe.
有别的证人吗
There's another witness?
传唤奥利维亚·摩索格
Olivia Mosolgo, please.
好的
All right.
你自认为和她在高中是很好的朋友吗
Would you consider yourself a close friend with her in high school?
我会说 我们是很亲密的队友
We were close teammates, I would say.
所以你们更像是队友 而不是朋友
So, you were more teammates, not friends?
也可以说是朋友
We were friends in the sense
她出什么事
that I was there for her when
我会陪着她
she was going through things, and...
好的 -但不是形影不离的那种闺蜜
Okay. - But not every day, like, best friends...
你在周末
Would you go...
会和她一起玩吗
On weekends, would you hang out with her?
不会 -可不可以说
No. - Uh, is it fair to say
她曾向你表示
that she expressed to you that
她感觉自己没朋友 -是的
she felt like she had no friends? - Yes.
她是发短♥信♥跟你说的吗
And did she send text messages to you about that?
是的
Yes.
好的
Okay.
你记得收到米歇尔·卡特这条短♥信♥吗
Do you recall getting that text message from Michelle Carter?
是的
Yes.
下一位 莱克茜·埃卜拉
Lexie Eblan, please.
请描述一下你与米歇尔·卡特的关系
Please describe your relationship with Michelle Carter,
如果你们有任何关系的话
if... if you had any.
我们基本上是校内友谊
It was mostly an in-school friendship.
主要就是在学校聊聊天之类的
Um... Mostly just, like, talking in school and stuff.
大部分是讨论学校里的事
Um, that was kind of, like, the extent.
在高中的头几年里
And during those first couple of years of high school,
你是否与米歇尔·卡特
would you ever socialize with Michelle Carter
有过校外接触
outside of high school?
除了在校内是否还在其他地点和她见过面
Outside of seeing her in a classroom?
没有
I don't believe I did.
在高三那年
Did Michelle Carter ask you
米歇尔·卡特有没有通过短♥信♥
to do things during that junior year
让你做一些事情 -有
via text? - Definitely.
大概
Probably a couple,
一周几次吧
a few times a week.
那你通常会怎样回复
And what was your usual answer?
我说我在工作
That I was working or
或者在做其他事 或者不回复
had something else to do, or no.
学期结束后
And as school is ending,
你与米歇尔是否聊过
were there any talks between you and Michelle
暑假要一起做些什么
about doing things over the summer?
聊过 我记得米歇尔问过我
Um, I believe Michelle asked us,
但我不确定我们是否有过明确的计划
but I'm not sure if we had any plans.
好的 那在你心里 你是否打算
Okay. In your mind, did you have any plans
这个暑假和她一起出去玩
to hang out with her over the summer?
没有
Not really.
她知道自己的计划会成功吸引他人注意
She knew her plan to get attention would work
因为她事先测试过了
because she pre-tested it.
7月10日 也就是康拉德自杀前两天
On July 10, two days before Conrad committed suicide,
她进行了一次"彩排"
she did a "Dry run,"
她给几个女孩发送康拉德失踪的信息
texting several girls that Conrad had gone missing
但同时在给康拉德发短♥信♥聊天
while simultaneously texting and talking with Conrad,
让他去买♥♥燃气机
telling him to go get the gas machine.
女孩们立即做出了回应
The girls immediately responded,
发短♥信♥表示关切
texting concern,
并询问是否已经报♥警♥
asking if the police were involved,
但被告再次撒谎
and again, the defendant lied.
她还告诉她的朋友
She also tells her friend
他自杀是她的错
that it's her fault that he killed himself.
她们再次安慰她
They, again, offering her comfort,
告诉她这不是她的错
tell her it's not her fault.
他们现在开始关注她了
They are paying attention to her now.
所以 她必须让谎言成为现实
So, she has to make it happen.
她必须让他自杀
She has to make him kill himself
这样她才能继续得到关注
so that she continues to get that attention
并且不让人觉得她是骗子
and not be known as a liar.
她必须成为一个伤心的女友
She has to be the grieving girlfriend
这样才能得到她认为
to get the sympathy and the attention that
自己应得的同情和关注
she believes she deserves.
第二天 也就是2014年7月13日
The next day, 7-13-2014,
你是否收到过米歇尔·卡特的短♥信♥
do you get a message from Michelle Carter?
收到过
Yes.
她问了你什么
What does she ask you?
"我们今晚可以做些什么
"Can we do something tonight
让我忘记这件事吗"
to get my mind off of it?"
所以在12号♥的晚上
So, on the night of the twelfth,
她给你发短♥信♥说康拉德自杀了 对吧
she texts you that Conrad killed himself, correct?
是的 -好
Yes. - Okay.
紧接着第二天
And then the next day,
她问你是否想一起出去玩
she asks you if you want to hang out?
是的
Yes.
康拉德去世后的几天里
In the days following Conrad's death,
她寻求关注和同情
she sought attention and sympathy,
经常在脸书上发帖
posting frequently on Facebook about
讲述自己有多想念他
how she missed him.
人们开始给她发短♥信♥ 安慰她
People started texting her, consoling her,
看望她 她突然变得重要起来
visiting her, and she suddenly became important.
你听到那件事后做了什么
What did you do, after you heard that?
我去看了她
I went to see her.
你平常会这样做吗
And was that something that you would normally do?
通常我会为
It's something I would normally do
遇到困难的朋友
for a friend that was having
做这些事 -不 我想问的是
a difficult time... -No, I'm asking you
你通常会为米歇尔·卡特这样做吗
would you normally do that for Michelle Carter?
我不会... -去她家看望她
I wouldn't... - Go to her house?
不 通常不会
No. Not usually.
那你为什么在这天
And why, on this particular day,
决定去她家
did you decide to go to her house?
因为我觉得 如果自己经历了这样的事情
Because I would probably want someone to be with me
我可能会希望有人陪着我
if that happened.
所以你认为她需要你的安慰
So, you felt that she needed your comfort?
是的
Yes.
在接下来的日子里
Did you observe people, uh, comforting her
你有看到人们安慰她吗 -有
in the days that followed? - Yes.
安慰她的人比平时多吗
And was that more than normal?
是的 -好的
Yes. - Okay.
你是否听说过
And at some point, um,
"康拉德本垒打"
did you learn about something called Homers for Conrad?
听说过
Yes.
你是怎么知道的
How did you come to learn about that?
在脸书上看到的 是她告诉我的
It was on Facebook and she told me about it.
你还记得自己收到过这条短♥信♥吗
Do you recall getting this text message?
你能给我们读一下吗
Could you please read it for us?
你看了吗
Did you check it out?
看了
Yes.
"康拉德本垒打"是米歇尔
Homers for Conrad was a tournament
以康拉德之名举办的一场锦标赛
that Michelle was putting on in Conrad's honor
旨在为心理健康普及活动募集资金
to raise money for mental health awareness.
我很好奇为什么锦标赛在普莱恩维尔举办
I was curious as to why the tournament
而不是在马塔波伊塞特
was being held in Plainville and not in Mattapoisett.
你为什么对此感到好奇
电影精选列表