如果你喜欢,就稍微夸张一点。
Ham up a little if you like.
你看阿曼达,20年前,认识你或者仍然爱着你,弗兰克林·费拉拉,罗兰·保罗,山姆·科利尔,哦,是的,甚至是很谨慎的山姆被你的可爱迷住了。
You see Amanda, 20 years ago, to know you or still love you, Franklin Ferrara, Roland Paul, Sam Collyer, oh, yes, is even usually cautious Sam was captivated by your loveliness.
她还说阿曼达20年前,是你激发了暴♥力♥。
And would also say Amanda that 20 years ago, you were the inspiration of violence.
你也可以说,阿曼达,20年前,这首歌♥听起来会好很多。
You might also say Amanda, that 20 years ago, this music would've sounded a lot better.
这是个奇怪的音符,好吧。
That's a strange note, all right.
我以前注意过。
I have noticed it before.
我看看能不能在这附近找到另一卷。
I'll see if I can find another roll around here anywhere.
不,好像只有这一个了。
No, that seems to be the only one there is.
我拿着这个,让玛丽去找些替代品。
I'll take this and have Mary scout around for some replacements.
还有什么能让你舒服点的吗?
Is there anything else I can get to add to your comfort?
不用了,谢谢,你真好。
No, thank you, you're very kind.
你不介意我住在这里吧?
Oh, you don't mind my living here, do you?
直到我在镇上找到住处。
That is until I can find a place in town.
-一点也不。-你不会忘记音乐的,对吧?
- Not at all. - Well, you won't forget about the music rolls, will you?
我想换个心情。
I could use a change of mood.
是的,当然。
Yes, of course.
我可以用一些词在箭头之间。
I could use some words in between those arrows.
播放那古老的音乐就像把时钟的指针转回到昨天。
Unwinding that old music roll was like turning the hands of a clock back to yesterday.
对奥勃良这样一个善于观察细节的人来说,一个稍微大一点的穿孔说明这一切背后有什么东西。
To a man like O'Brien with an eye for the details of a detail, a slightly larger perforated hole had suggested that there was something behind it all.
这背后一定有什么,一颗子弹。
There was something behind it all, a bullet.
——你好吗?-这里是苏格兰场。
- Hello? - Scotland Yard calling.
伦诺克斯探长愿为您效劳。
Inspector Lennox at your service.
重写得怎么样了?
How's the rewrite coming?
哦,只是往打字机里放纸。
Oh, just putting the paper in the typewriter.
最好按我的稿子写。
Better stick to my script.
它每时每刻都在增强。
It's getting stronger by the minute.
第一,罗兰·保罗不肯说话。
A, Roland Paul won't talk.
B,他说不清楚昨晚的时间。
B, he can't account for his time last night.
C,查尔斯·罗戴尔不是任何人的兄弟更不是弗兰克林·费拉拉的兄弟。D…我给你的电♥话♥号♥码怎么样?
C, Charles Rodale is nobody's brother much less Franklin Ferrara's. D... How about the telephone number I gave you?
我在尸体旁边发现的那个?
The one I found beside the body?
我还以为你会问我呢。
I was hoping you were gonna ask me about that.
我打那个号♥码的时候,你觉得是什么?
When I called the number, what do you think it was?
听着,这是米切尔的停尸间。
Now get this, it was Mitchell's Mortuary.
米切尔的停尸房♥吗?
Mitchell's Mortuary?
也许罗黛尔有一种预感。
Maybe Rodale had a flash of premonition.
你现在打算怎么办?
What are you gonna do now?
好吧,我想我还是继续写剧本吧。
Well, I think I'll work on the script a while.
为什么?警方对此表示满意。
Why? The police is satisfied.
你为什么不放松一下?
Why don't you relax?
你到底想对我做什么?
What are you trying to do to me anyhow?
中尉,我想让你当警长。
Lieutenant, I'm out to make you a sergeant.
晚上好,先生。
Good evening, sir.
我们对你的损失深表遗憾。
We are sorry for your loss.
噢,谢谢你。
Oh, thank you.
我只是随便看看。
I was just browsing.
哦,当然。
Oh, of course.
你期待一个幸福的离开?
You are anticipating a blessed departure?
不。现在不行。
No. Not at this time.
但我想问问你,你经营多久了。
I would like to ask you however, how long you've been in business.
差不多四年,先生。
Well, barely four years, sir.
但是已经有一些最优秀的人-是的,是的,当然。
Yet already some of the best people-- Yes, yes, of course.
你介意我用一下你的电♥话♥吗?
Do you mind if I use your telephone?
哦,当然。
Oh, certainly.
嗯,这样。
Uh-uh, this way.
什么?确定它的官方。
What? Sure it's official.
我之前告诉过你。
I told you that before.
我是警♥察♥局的伦诺克斯中尉。
This is Lt. Lennox of the police department.
这是正确的。
That's right.
别再拖延时间了,告诉我从1929年起所有有这个号♥码的人的名字。
Now quit stalling and give me the names of all the people who've had this number since 1929.
好吧,继续。
All right, go ahead.
令人惊讶的是,这么多人都属于一个小小的旧电♥话♥号♥码。
It was amazing how many people belonged to a little old telephone number.
这张涵盖了从中国餐馆到台球厅的所有内容。
This one covered everything from a Chinese restaurant to a pool hall.
它曾经属于一个算命先生和一个叫罗丝·帕里斯的姑娘。
It had belonged to a fortune teller and to a girl named Rose Paris.
那是一家鞋店和一个WPA办公室。
It was a shoe store and a WPA office.
1932年,它还是一个广播电台。
In 1932, it was a radio station.
1929年,它曾属于山姆·科利尔。
And in 1929, it had belonged to Sam Collyer.
怎么了,拉里?故事让你沮丧?
What's the matter, Larry? Story got you down?
放轻松,一切都会好起来的。
Take it easy, Everything's gonna be all right.
- - - - - -山姆?——嗯?
- Sam? - Hmm?
你有枪吗?
Do you own a gun?
你有那么难受吗?
You feel that bad?
你还没回答我的问题。
Well, you haven't answered my question.
我当然有枪。
Of course I own a gun.
是a。32口径的吗?
Is it a.32 caliber?
不,它's.38。
No, it's.38.
你只有这一个吗?
Is it the only one you have?
这是我现在唯一的一个了。
It's the only one I have now.
我有很多枪,我们在玩什么,警♥察♥和强盗吗?
I've had a lot of guns in my-- what are we playing, cops and robbers?
你有过a。32吗?
Did you ever have a.32?
收吗?可能做的。
.32? Probably did.
-早在1929年?-可以。
- Back in 1929? - Could be.
山姆,你昨晚在哪里?
Sam, where were you last night?
这有点傻了,不是吗?
This is getting a little silly, isn't it?
如果你不告诉我你去哪了就更傻了。
It's gonna be even sillier unless you can tell me where you were.
如果真的对你有必要,我开车去了棕榈泉。
Well, if it's absolutely essential to you, I drove down to Palm Springs.
你开车去了海洋公园。
You drove to Ocean Park.
我有一张停车存根。还有一个电♥话♥号♥码。
I had a parking stub. Also a telephone number.
祝贺你。
Congratulations.
那是你的号♥码。
It was your number.
查尔斯·罗德尔想联♥系♥你。
Charles Rodale was trying to get in touch with you.
问题是,他确实做到了。
The trouble is he did.
这很好。
That's fine.
违章停车罚单,电♥话♥号♥码,州政♥府♥逮捕。
A parking ticket, telephone number, the state arrests.
你为什么要到这里来?
Why do you bother to come here?
你为什么不去报♥警♥?
Why didn't you just go to the police?
警♥察♥会让情况变得更糟,环境也不会那么舒适。
The police would make it tougher and the setting wouldn't be as comfortable.
你真是太好了。
It's darn nice of you.
你想让我用自己的信纸签一份认罪书吗?
You want me to sign a confession on my own stationery?
你为什么不试着解释这些事呢?
Why don't you just try explaining these things away?
为什么?去查个水落石出?
Why? To get to the bottom of the grab bag?
不完全是。
Not quite.
这是杀死弗兰克林·费拉拉的子弹。
This is the bullet that killed Franklin Ferrara.
我在旧钢琴乐谱卷里找到的。
I found it in the old piano music roll.
嘿,你真的想到了一些东西。
Say, you've really come up with something.
旧的音乐卷。
The old music roll.
你知道吗,警♥察♥找这个金属块已经找了20多年了。
You know, the police have been looking for this hunk of metal for over 20 years.
我都忘了剩下的事了。
I even forgot about the rest of it.
这是大的。
This is big.
你只需要那把开枪的枪就行了。
You know, all you need is the gun that fired it.
是的。我也是这么想的。
Yeah. That's what I thought.
这是我对你的故事的贡献。
And this is my contribution to your story.
这就是杀死费拉拉的枪。
This is the gun that killed Ferrara.
萨姆,这是谁的枪?
Whose gun is it, Sam?
我的。
Mine.
都打得很整齐,只有一个结。
All ties up neatly, there's just one hitch.
我没开过枪。
I didn't fire the gun.
你是想报♥警♥还是想听我的说法?
Now, do you wanna call the police or do you wanna hear my version?
你说什么都行,山姆。
Anything you say, Sam.
这一切都要追溯到你之前,拉里。
Now this all goes back to a little before your time, Larry.
当电影第一次开始说话的时候,声音在一夜之间粉碎了事业。
When movies first started to talk, sound was smashing careers overnight.
几个星期以来,我一直在努力抢救它们的残骸。
I had been on the go for weeks trying to salvage the remains of a few of them.
那天晚上,我决定放松一下,早点上♥床♥睡觉,这时电♥话♥铃响了。
That night, I decided to take it easy and get to bed early when the phone rang.
我没想到会有人来,但我决定还是接电♥话♥吧。
I wasn't expecting anybody but I decided I'd better answer it.
这是费拉拉。
It was Ferrara.
我只听了几个字就知道了。
Well, I could make out over a few words.
他在他的平房♥里,要我马上过去。
He was at his bungalow, wanted me to come there right away.
然后他的声音似乎哽住了,电♥话♥挂断了。
Then his voice seemed to choke, the phone went dead.
费拉拉的声音听起来很奇怪。
Ferrara had sounded so strange.
我决定带上我的枪。
I decided to take my gun.
我去了我一直放枪的床头柜抽屉,枪不在那里。
I went to the night table drawer where I always kept it, the gun wasn't there.
电影精选列表