让我们找个时间聚一聚,比较一下意见。
Let's get together sometime and compare ideas.
玛丽,请你送一打玫瑰给好莱坞罗斯福酒店的莎莉·卢梭女士。
Mary, will you send a couple of dozen roses to Ms. Sally Rousseau at the Hollywood Roosevelt.
-是,长官-这条信息
- Yes sir. - With this message.
你今晚愿意和我共进晚餐吗?
Will you have dinner with me tonight?
我有个惊喜给你,拉里·奥布莱恩。
I have a pleasant surprise for you, Larry O'Brien.
我该怎么办?
What shall I do?
我觉得你该走了。
I think you should go.
你觉得怎么样?
How do you like it?
我不知道,真的。
I don't know, really.
在屏幕上看到妈妈真奇怪。
So strange seeing mother on the screen.
这是第一次。
This is the first time.
她很漂亮。
She's very beautiful.
罗兰·保罗那时候也很帅。
Roland Paul is pretty handsome in those days too.
我想他现在还是。
I think he still is.
我相信你会的。
I'm sure you do.
你说他多大了?
How old did you say he was?
我没有说。
I didn't say.
是你虚构的大脑在听东西。
It's that fictional mind of yours, hearing things.
也许警♥察♥也有虚构的思维,或者你看到的是一个双胞胎兄弟?
Maybe the police have fictional minds too, or is it a twin brother that you have been seeing?
他是我母亲的一个老朋友,她让我去找他。-哦,真是多愁善感啊?
Oh, he was an old friend of my mother's, - she asked me to look him up. - Oh, real sentimental, huh?
是的。真正的情感情绪。
Yes. Genuine emotion sentiment.
查字典吧,我怀疑你能否在剧本里找到它。
Look it up in the dictionary, I doubt if you'll find it in one of your scripts.
不好意思,但我有个特别版本的人会对我开枪。
Excuse me, but I have a peculiar version of people who take pot shots at me.
多么可笑。罗兰·保罗是一个善良、正派的人,他从未伤害过任何人。
How ridiculous. Roland Paul is a kind decent man who never harmed anybody.
他昨晚在这里做什么?
What was he doing here last night?
-你为什么不问问他?-我打算。
- Why don't you ask him? - I intend to.
你不会这么做的。
You do no such thing.
那是你想保护的两个人。
That's two people you're trying to protect.
我能理解你母亲,但为什么是罗兰·保罗?
I can understand about your mother but why Roland Paul?
他和母亲一样痛苦,甚至更多。
He suffered just as much as mother did, even more.
他受了重伤。
He was hurt terribly.
我不能再说了。
I can't tell you anymore.
请不要问我。
Don't ask me, please.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
我们去喝一杯吧。
Let's go have a drink.
我可以用一个。
I can use one.
喂?是吗?
Hello? Yeah?
O ' brien先生吗?请稍等一下。
Mr. O'Brien? Just a minute, please.
奥布莱恩先生,电♥话♥亭有你的电♥话♥。
Mr. O'Brien, telephone call for you in the booth.
好,谢谢你。原谅我。
Well, thank you. Excuse me.
喂?
Hello?
- - - - - - O ' brien先生吗?——是的。
- Mr. O'Brien? - Yes.
我叫查尔斯·罗代尔,有什么消息吗?
My name is Charles Rodale, ring anything to you?
罗代尔吗?
Rodale?
你是弗兰克林·费拉拉的秘书。
You were Franklin Ferrara's secretary.
这是正确的。
That's right.
而且这方面也不太好。
And not a very good one at that.
据我所知,你偷了他的钱,然后消失了。
From what I heard you stole some money from him and disappeared.
我也要对你做同样的事,然后消失。
I'm going to do the same with you and disappear.
只是我不会偷,你要把它给我。
Only I won't steal it, you're going to give it to me.
您要面额大的还是小的?
How would you like it in large or small bills?
让喜剧,奥布莱恩,我就能解开费拉拉的案子。
Let the comedy, O'Brien, I can break the Ferrara case wide open.
我想我不会从你这里买♥♥任何东西,罗德尔。
I don't think I'm gonna buy anything from you, Rodale.
我有一个,费拉拉有一个。
I have for brothers, Ferrara has one.
哦,这有很多疑问。
Oh, there's a lot of doubt about that.
有传言说,如果他有兄弟的话,他就死在中国了。
Rumor has it that he died in China if there was a brother.
事实是,他并没有死在中国,他还有一个兄弟,仍然活得好好的,踢得很好。
Fact has it that he didn't die in China and there was a brother, still is, very much alive, very much kicking.
好吧,你可能有什么发现,明天到演播室来。
Well, you may have something there, come onto the studio tomorrow.
不行,你今晚来见我。
That's no good, you meet me tonight.
今晚我很忙。
I'm busy tonight.
要么按我说的做,要么就别做。
We'll do it my way or not at all.
我觉得你最好听我说,奥布莱恩。
I think you'd better listen to me, O'Brien.
对不起,让你久等了。
I'm sorry I kept you waiting.
拉里,那是谁?
Larry, who's that?
圣克莱尔。
St. Clair.
圣克莱尔。
St. Clair.
文森特·圣克莱尔,你母亲肯定提到过他。
Vincent St. Clair, your mother must have spoken about him.
他写了许多她的画。
He wrote many of her pictures.
对了,妈妈提到过他。
Oh, yes, mother did talk about him.
他的脸真难看。
What a sad face he has.
他会在星期三振作起来的,那是他发薪的日子。
He'll brighten up on Wednesday, that's the day he gets paid.
你真的像你听起来那样强硬吗?
Are you really as hard as you sound?
是吗?
Are you?
从好莱坞到海洋公园有10英里,喝一杯就够远的了。
From Hollywood to Ocean Park is 10 miles, pretty far to go just for a drink.
但在与查尔斯·罗代尔谈过之后,拉里的计划发生了很大的改变。
But after talking to Charles Rodale, Larry's plans were changed considerably.
当你想到拉里要去见一个失踪了22年的男人时距离就不代表什么了。
Distance didn't mean a thing when you figure Larry was on his way to meet a man who'd been missing 22 years.
那晚码头上很安静,那是淡季。
Things were kind of quiet on the pier that night, it was the offseason.
但在杰克体内,一切都在跳跃,就像——嗯,就像奥布莱恩的神经在跳跃一样。
But inside Jacks things were really jumping like-- well, sort of like the way O'Brien's nerves were jumping.
麦迪逊7911。
Madison 7911.
这是正确的。
That's right.
我要去几个街区外的阿贾克斯酒店见一个叫查尔斯·罗戴尔的人。
I'm gonna see a man named Charles Rodale at the Ajax Hotel a few blocks up.
如果我半小时后没回来,打这个号♥码,找巴德·伦诺克斯。
If I'm not back in a half an hour, call this number, ask for Bud Lennox.
告诉他去哪里找我,开我的车,然后回家。
Tell him where to look for me, and take my car, and go home.
这是停车罚单。
Here's the parking ticket.
你确定你知道自己在做什么吗?
You sure you know what you're doing?
半小时后我就知道了。
I'll know better in half an hour.
207,哪条路?
207, which way?
拉里?
Larry?
莎莉。
Sally.
发生了什么事?你没事吧?
What happened? Are you all right?
是的,我很好。
Yeah, I'm all right.
一定是查尔斯·罗代尔。
Must be Charles Rodale.
我今天在什么地方见过他,拉里。
I saw him today, Larry, somewhere.
我知道它。
I know it.
在哪里?
Where?
我不知道,某个地方。
I don't know, somewhere.
试着回忆。在工作室吗?
Try to remember. At the studio?
酒店吗?罗兰·保罗的公♥寓♥吗?
The hotel? Roland Paul's apartment?
不,我不记得了。
No, I can't seem to remember.
也许这只是我的幻想。
Maybe I'm just dreaming it up.
你给伦诺克斯打电♥话♥了吗?
Did you call Lennox?
是的,但是他不在那里。
Yes, but he wasn't there.
他们会和他联♥系♥的。
They'll get in touch with him.
那你最好还是走吧。
Well then, you better go.
-你有车吗?-不,我走路。拉里,听着,我不想把你牵扯进来。
- You have the car? - No, I'll walk. Larry-- Look, I don't wanna get you involved.
你从后门出去,坐出租车去,我们明天见。
You go out the back end, just take a taxi and I'll see you tomorrow.
是哪一个?
Which one is it?
就是这个。
This one right here.
打电♥话♥给圣塔莫尼卡的凶案组,让他们派一队人来。
Call homicide in Santa Monica, tell them to send a team.
好吧,电♥话♥在哪?
Okay, where's the phone?
大厅。
Down the hall.
-他是谁?-以前从没见过他。
- Who is he? - Never saw him before.
-他注册了,不是吗?-我从不抬头看。
- He registered, didn't he? - I never look up.
很有趣。你肯定想不到我不上法庭能节省多少时间。
Very funny. You'd be surprised how much time I'd save not going to court.
我现在可以下楼了吗?
Can I go back downstairs now?
是的。
Yeah.
他叫查尔斯·罗代尔。
His name's Charles Rodale.
他是富兰克林·费拉拉的秘书。
He was Franklin Ferrara's secretary.
谁杀了他,奥布莱恩先生?
Who killed him, Mr. O'Brien?
我怎么知道?
How will I know?
我走进来,灯都灭了,有人打了我一顿,我醒过来的时候……对于一个拥有一份舒适工作的人来说,你应该抓住很多机会。
I walked in here, the lights were out, somebody slugged me, and when I came to... For a man with a nice soft job, you should take a lot of chances.
在我问你为什么进来之前,给警局打电♥话♥的那个女孩是谁?
And before I ask you why you walked into this room, who is that girl that called the department?
哦,那是私人电♥话♥服务。
Oh, it was a private telephone service.
是接线员打来的。
It was the operator.
如果我在某个时间找不到她,她就会给你打电♥话♥。
If I didn't reach her at a certain time she was to call you.
我明白了。
I see.
这位先生似乎已经发表了意见。
This gentleman seems to have made an observation.
你说你叫什么名字?
What did you say your name was?
西尔维斯特。
Sylvester.
201.
201.
电影精选列表