Sometimes, God taketh away what God hath giventh.
有时 空无一物来 不带一物走
A mother who bears us with her loins...
这一位母亲虽然离开了她的子女
bears us always...
永远的离开了我们...
and lives forever in our hearts.
但她永远活在我们心中
Let's go talk to her now.
我们趁现在去跟她聊聊吧
Just sit next to her.
坐她旁边就好
Doris.
多莉丝
Hey, sis. How you holding up?
嘿 姐姐 你还好吧?
I'm holding up.
我撑得住
Supposed to hold up, so I'm holding up.
本该如此 所以我正在努力
Hey, you know, we're all pretty devastated, so...
嘿 你听我说 我们都很悲痛 所以
Anyway, Cynthia and I were thinking, now that Ma's gone...
不管怎么说 辛西娅和我本在想 现在妈妈也不在了...
maybe you could get your own place in the city...
说不定你可以在城里新找一个
close to your job and everything. You wouldn't have to ride the ferry.
更便捷的地方安家 你就省了每天渡船的麻烦了
You've really earned this.
你真的可以考虑一下
You've been living in Mom's house, taking care of her all these years.
这些年来 你一直住在妈妈那里 照顾她这么久
Which was so noble of you.
你是如此的伟大
I don't know how you did it. I really don't. So noble.
我真的不知道你是怎么做到的,真的 如此崇高
And I was thinking that, you know, once we cleaned out Mama's junk...
所以我就想 一旦我们清理完妈妈那些废物后...
that we should think about maybe selling the house too.
我们就考虑可能要把房♥子也卖♥♥掉
Todd, all my stuff is there. Yeah.
托德 我所有的东西都在里面 是啊我知道
All right. Um...
好吧 额...
Look, I just...
听着 我只是...
We, uh...
我们 额...
Here.
拿着
Her name is Sylvia Edwards and she could really help.
她叫西尔维娅·爱德华 她真的会帮你的
Help with what? The hoarding, Doris.
帮我什么?那些囤积的废物啊 多莉丝
You and Mom, you held on to a lot of stuff.
你和妈妈 你们囤积了太多东西
Please, sis, just meet with her.
求你了 姐姐 就去见见她吧
I'm sorry. Sorry. Could someone hit eight, please?
抱歉 不好意思 请帮我按一下八楼 好吗?
Thanks.
谢谢
It's tight quarters.
空间是有点小
It's pretty awkward, huh? Yeah.
有点尴尬 是吧? 是啊
Here. These are a little...
这里 眼镜有一点...
Sorry, they were on your ear. Is that better?
不好意思 刚刚它挂在你耳朵上 现在好些了吗?
Boy, yeah. Yeah.
好家伙 是的 是吧
I like your glasses.
我喜欢你的眼镜
They're cat eyeglasses?
这是猫眼眼镜吗?
Yeah.
是啊
They're cool.
真酷
Okay. Thanks.
是吗 谢谢
Hey, Doris?
嘿 多莉丝?
Doris?
多莉丝?
Anne's replacing all our chairs with these posture balls.
安妮把我们所有的椅子都换成了这些瑜伽球
She's got a whole truckload. So I'm gonna need your chair, Doris.
她买♥♥了一车球 所以我要拿走你的椅子 多莉丝
I like my chair. It has a back.
我喜欢我的椅子 最起码有后背
You know I don't make the rules, right? I'm just the muscle.
你知道这些条文不是我制定的 对吧?我只是个执行者
Can I have everyone gather around please? Over here.
每个人都聚过来好吗?到这来
Over here.
这里
Over here.
这儿
I would like to introduce everyone to John Fremont.
我要向大家介绍一下约翰·弗里蒙特
John is the new art director.
约翰是这新的艺术编辑
He joins us after a successful stint in the L.A. office.
他在洛杉矶分部取得成功之后就加入了我们
We're very happy to have him.
我们很高兴能有他的加入
So let's give him a big New York welcome.
让我们给他一个纽约派的欢迎
Speech. Speech.
讲话 讲话
Speech.
演讲
Okay, uh, I'll give it a shot.
好吧 我就说两句吧
So I know it's a far cry from the sandy beaches of Malibu...
我知道这里离马里布的沙滩相距甚远
But, um, it's really great to be here in the city that never sleeps.
但是 额 我真的很荣幸加入这座不夜城
So that's it.
就说这么多吧
That's all, folks.
这就是我要说的全部 朋友们
You're so funny, John.
你真风趣 约翰
Okay, everyone back to work.
好吧 大家都回去工作吧
Okay.
好吧
Actually, wait.
实际上 请等一下
There's one last thing that I need to say.
我还有一件事没说出口
I met a woman in the elevator this morning.
今早我在电梯里遇见了一位女士
And we hardly exchanged more than a few words...
我们甚至都没有说上几句话
but she made a big impression on me.
但她深深震颤了我的心
She's standing right there.
现在她就站在那儿
Look, lady, I don't even know your name...
听着 女士 我甚至都不知道你的名字...
but you set off a fire inside of me I have not been able to put out...
但是你在我心里燃起一把火 而我却无力扑灭
since the moment I laid eyes on you.
在我看见你的那一刻
Can we explore this?
我们可以试试看吗?
Doris?
多莉丝?
Doris?
多莉丝?
Doris?
多莉丝?
Hey, sorry to interrupt whatever that was.
嘿 抱歉打扰了你的春梦
Just me and the cats now.
现在就剩我和猫咪了
I hope I don't end up like one of those weird old New Yorkers...
我真希望我不会以一个诡异的老纽约的身份...
that chokes on a peanut and dies and no one even misses me...
被花生卡住而过世 并且没人会在我死后想念我...
until the smell of my decomposing body seeps through the walls.
直到我那腐烂的身体散发的味道穿透墙壁
Oh, honey, I would miss you. I would... Get in the slow lane, ladies.
喔 亲爱的 我会想你的 我会... 走慢行道 好吗
You go eat some kale.
多吃点甘蓝吧你
Fascist. She gave us the finger, Roz.
该死的法♥西♥斯♥ 她朝我们竖中指 罗兹
Give her the finger. Fascist!
你也朝她竖一个 该死的!
Roz, no, no, no. Hey, hey, hey.
罗兹 不要 不 不 嘿 嘿 嘿
Yeah, you'd better run.
没错 你最好赶快跑
Run away.
跑快一点
Run away, girl. Uh-huh.
快跑啊 小妞子 啊哈
Will you get your friend?
你能不能去找你的朋友?
Oh, Roz. For goodness sakes, just give her the finger next time.
噢 罗兹 看在上帝的份上 下次就朝她竖个中指好吗
Look, see, she ran away.
看啊 她跑走了
Of course. You scared the heck out of her.
当然她会跑走 你把她吓尿了
And then after that, John says, "Th-Th-That's all, folks."
然后 约翰说 ”就-就-就这么多了 朋友们“
You know, like Bugs Bunny.
你懂的 就像兔八哥一样
And Anne goes, "ooh," you know.
然后安妮就 ”噢“ 你懂的
I don't even think she got the reference.
我都不认为她知道这个角色
That one is such a phony baloney. Yeah. I know.
你简直是在痴人说梦 是啊 我知道
Come on because I don't wanna be late for this lecture.
搞快一点因为我不想错过这节课
So who is this guy again?
这次又是谁?
One of those motivational speakers.
一位励志演讲家
Val says he's like that doctor on TV.
瓦尔说他在电视上就像一个医生
I don't know. Only better looking.
我是不知道 眼见为实
Come on.
来嘛
I'm coming. It'll do you good to be around people.
我来了 多去人群里会对你有好处的
They do a snack table here. How many things do you get?
他们有点心桌 你对这个了解多少?
You remember that guy that did the... Looks like four bites of cheese.
你还记得那个男的做了... 看起来像起司馅的
I'm sorry, ma'am.
很抱歉 女士们
We are not allowed to serve the cheese and crackers until after the lecture.
在演讲结束之前我们是不提供这些起司和咸饼干的
Bureaucrat. Roz.
真死板 罗兹
Doris. Hurry up. There's Val.
多莉丝 快跟上 这就是瓦尔
I've got primo seats for us. Hurry up.
我留了前排的位子 快点来
There's always one in every crowd.
他所到之处每次必是座无虚席
Doris. Yes.
多莉丝 是的
I'm so sorry about your mother. Yes.
我对你母亲的是感到很抱歉 嗯
Did you get the Edible Arrangement?
你有没有收到水果花?
Yes, I did, thank you. Thank you so much.
是的,我收到了 真的谢谢你
Willy Williams.
威利·威廉姆斯
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Hey, hey.
嘿 嘿
Hey, hey.
嘿 嘿
Have you lost your way?
你是不是感到迷茫?
Is there something missing?
是不是弄丢了什么?
Mm-hm.
嗯
An emptiness.
感到空虚
But, folks, don't look back at your life and ask, "Why me?"
但是 朋友们 不要回望一路走来然后发问‘为什么是我?”
Look ahead and ask, "Why not me?"
向前看然后问“为什么不是我?”
电影精选列表