(戏剧音乐)
(dramatic music)
(直升机呼啸)
(helicopter whirring)
(枪声)
(guns banging)
(警笛声)
(siren wailing)
(人群大喊)
(crowd shouting)
1968年12月21日,上午6:00。
6:00 a.m., December 21st, 1968.
泛光灯照射中的 阿波罗土星503号♥航♥天♥器,
The floodlit Apollo Saturn 503 space vehicle
像一个巨大的白色飞镖,停在 约翰·肯尼迪 航♥天♥中心的
is poised like a giant white dart on pad A
39号♥发射综合大楼的 A发射台上。
of launch complex 39 at the John F. Kennedy Space Center.
探照灯从发射台射向星空。
While search lights reach up from the pad
少校,
Colonel Frank Borman, Captain James Lovell,
在阿波罗8号♥指令舱里面,
and Major William Anders wait inside
等待着激动人心时刻的到来。
the Apollo 8 command module for the climactic moment
届时,600万磅的火箭将从地面升起。
when the six-million-pound rocket will lift from the ground.
历史上第一次,
The manned spacecraft's target
人类将载人航♥天♥器的目标,对准月球。
for the first time in history will be the Moon.
(史诗般的音乐)
(epic music)
倒计时 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9.
T-minus 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9.
我们启动了点火程序
We have ignition sequence start.
我是海军军官,也是试飞员,
I was a naval officer and, also, a test pilot
最后是在1962至1973期间,
and, finally, NASA astronaut
担任美国宇航局航♥天♥员。
in the period of '62 through '73.
当我很小的时候,我的父亲去世了,
My father died, though, when I was young
基本上,我早期是和母亲
and essentially, my life consisted,
一起生活的。
basically, in the early years,
她是当秘书的。
living with my mother who was a secretary.
我的早期童年,是在求生存中渡过的。
My early childhood was one of survival.
进行了他著名的横跨大西洋飞行,
made his famous flight across the Atlantic,
这对于30年代的年轻人来说,
and this was the inspiration
是很大的鼓舞。
for a lot of young boys growing up in the '30s.
我对航♥空♥,飞行非常感兴趣。
I was very much interested in aviation, flying.
我制♥造♥了一些航♥空♥模型,
I built, you know, model airplanes solid ones,
并且尝试使它们飞起来。
and ones I tried to fly.
(飞机马达呼啸)
(plane motor whirring)
大学毕业后,我希望自己成为一名,
When I got out of college, I hoped that I would become,
海军飞行员或投身航♥空♥业。
a, either a naval aviator or get involved in aviation.
在五六岁的时候,
At the age of around five or six,
我患上了乳突状鼻窦问题。
I contracted a mastoid and sinus problem.
所以真的,我的父母开始经济衰退,
So my parents really at the beginning of the depression
然后负债累累。
and the height of the depressions,
小时候,我对太空和火箭没有兴趣。
As a youth, I had no interest in space and in rockets.
我的朋友们阅读《闪电侠戈登》,《巴克·罗杰斯》,
While my friends were reading Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers,
而我读《微笑的杰克》和《红鹰》。
I was reading Smilin' Jack and, and the Red Eagle.
我全身心的沉醉在
I was totally involved both in my memory
对飞机的渴望中。
or in my aspirations with airplanes.
美国空军,美国宇航局航♥天♥员。
United States Air Force, NASA astronaut.
我父亲是2号♥指挥官,
My father was number two officer,
航♥空♥母舰的副舰长。
the executive officer of the USS Panay,
它在中日甲午战争中,
picking up people who were trying to escape
营救试图逃离的人。
the Sino-Japanese war.
我们当时在南京,
We happened to be in Nanking
日本轰炸这艘船。
when the Japanese bombed the ship.
舰长被第一波炸♥弹♥炸死了。
The captain was taken out with the first bomb.
我的父亲,他是炮兵军官,接手管理。
My dad, who was gunnery officer, took over.
(机♥枪♥射击)
(machine gun shooting)
他虽然得了一个海军十字勋章,
And even though it got him a Navy Cross,
但他没能拯救这艘船。
it didn't save the ship
最终他们不得不放弃它,
and eventually they had to abandon it.
而他受了重伤。
And he was pretty badly wounded.
因此,他非常失望,他实际上退役了。
So he was, actually, retired, much to his disappointment,
并成为预备役成员。
and put in the reserves.
但是,当日本人袭击珍珠港后,
But almost immediately called back in
立即将他召回了。
when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor.
(飞机马达呼啸)
(plane motor whirring)
在那里我上了文法学校。
where I went to, to grammar school.
也许是高中一年级或二年级,
Perhaps the first or second year in high school,
我碰巧看到了一本小册子,
I happened to come across a pamphlet
是1913年,
that was written in 1913 by a fella,
标题是“一种到达极端海拔高度的方法”。
His title was "A Method of Reaching Extreme Altitudes."
(戏剧音乐)
(dramatic music)
这是关于如何使用液体燃料,
It was the story about how to use liquid fuel,
火箭技术进入高空,
rocket technology, to get into high altitudes
用于探索高层大气的故事。
for exploration of the upper atmosphere.
这本书或叫小册子,有一半我都不懂,
I didn't understand half of the book or the pamphlet,
但这让我真的很感兴趣。
but it got me really interested.
所以在我高中的最后阶段,
So towards the last part of my high school education,
我和一些朋友开始制♥造♥火箭。
I started with some friends building rockets.
我们以为,可以试着制♥造♥液体燃料火箭,
we thought we would try to build a liquid fuel rocket,
但是很快我们发现这是不可能的。
but we soon found out that was impossible.
但是我们确实使用邮寄管,
But we did build some solid rockets using mailing tubes,
和硝酸钾、木炭、硫,
a combination of potassium nitrate and charcoal,
(火♥药♥的成分)
and sulfur I think it was,
制♥造♥了一些固体火箭。
which turns out to be the ingredients of gun powder.
我开始在父亲的帮助下,
I started building model airplanes
制♥造♥飞机模型。
with my dad's help.
最终成功制♥造♥出,
Eventually would get graduated
燃气动力的模型飞机。
to gas-powered model airplanes.
然后我15岁的时候就工作了,
And then when I was 15 I worked I don't know how many jobs
为了能赚到足够的钱,我不知道做过多少工作,
in order to get enough money to fly on the,
为的是能在周末搞一两次这东东。
or get a lesson or two on the weekend.
我的第一次航♥空♥经历,第一次乘坐飞机,
My first aviation experience first flight in an airplane,
是在我父亲退休之后。
was after my dad had retired.
我记得有一天经过这片牛场,
And I remember one day going by this cattle field
有一架双翼飞机停在外面的空地上。
and here was a biplane airplane parked out in the field.
而且他们在栅栏上有一个标示牌,
And they had a sign on the fence,
坐双翼飞机要15美元。
biplane rides $15.
在那时候这真是一笔大钱,
Well that was big money in those days,
但是我父亲说,嘿,你想要试试吗?
but my dad said, hey, would you like to do that?
好的,当然。
Well sure.
我们外出起飞,
We went out and took off, and he asked me
他问我是否想绕个圈。
if I'd like to do a loop.
我什么都不懂,所以我说好的。
I didn't know any better, so I said sure.
所以我们绕了一个圈,
So we did a loop and it impressed me
让我印象深刻的是他离地面比较近。
that he was relatively close to the ground.
简而言之,
To make a long story short,
我们飞了一会,降落了,
we flew around a little bit, landed,
我喜欢它,然后我去了学校。
I enjoyed it, and I went to school.
那天下午,又回来,
And that afternoon, and coming back,
来到同一个地方,
coming up to the same field,
这架飞机,它的机头埋入草地
here was this airplane with its nose
大约两英尺。
buried about two feet into the, into the pasture.
我猜它飞得太低了,
And I guess the guy had been too, too low,
害死了一名乘客和一名飞行员。
and killed a passenger and the pilot.
(飞机坠毁)
(plane crashing)
(疯狂的音乐)
(frantic music)
我想成为一名飞行员,
I wanted to be a pilot,
并尝试加入空军。
and I tried to join the Air Force.
但他们最不需要的就是飞行员,
The last thing they needed was pilots.
你知道,所有人从第二次世界大战中回来了,
You know, all the people were coming home from World War II.
他们的飞行员太多了。
They had more pilots than they knew what to do with.
所以后来我决定,
I had, so then I decided,
成为一名航♥空♥工程师。
well, I'll be an aeronautical engineer.
当时有一份草案,如果我自愿参加了入职培训,
And there was a draft on, but I volunteered for induction
理论上我可以服务18个月,然后拿到了退伍军人♥权♥利,
on the theory I'd serve 18 months, and then get the GI bill,
这样我就可以接受训练了。
and I could get an education that way.
这是巴克纳夏令营,西点军校训练基地。
This is Camp Buckner, West Point summer training site
每年美国♥军♥事学院,
where each year
刚刚结束毕业的学员,
cadets of the United States Military Academy,
都要在这里,
who have just finished their plebe year,
参加一个有计划的军事活动。
engage in a program of planned military activities.
电影精选列表