A beautiful dress.
裙子很漂亮
Madam.
女士
Mr. Houdini.
霍迪尼先生
Yes, but you cannot look at them directly.
但你不能直接看他们
You have to look at them out of the corner of your eye...
你要用的你余光去看
Ah! May I introduce Mr. Houdini.
允许我来介绍霍迪尼先生
He was with us on that original trip to Yorkshire.
他和我们一起去的约克郡
Excuse me, please.
失陪一下
In fact, if this were a fairy party...
如果这是场精灵派对...
Sir Arthur, may I introduce myself?
阿瑟阁下 能否允许我自我介绍
Harold Briggs.
哈罗德·布里格斯
Cottingley.
来自柯亭立
I must apologize for inviting meself like this,
我必须为自己这样不请自来而道歉
but we share a few acquaintances, I believe.
但我相信我们有共同的熟人
I beg your pardon.
什么意思
Well, I own the manor.
庄园是我的
The fairies in question are, you might say, my tenants.
那些精灵可以说是我的租客
Hiding?
躲着呢
No.
没有
Well... yes.
好吧 是的
Me, too.
我也是
Come here.
过来
Sit down.
请坐
Do you like fruit?
你想要水果吗
Yes.
要的
Apples or pears?
苹果还是梨
Pears, please.
梨 谢谢
Can you manage, or would you like a table?
这样可以吗 还是你需要张桌子
No, thank you.
不用了 谢谢
May I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
Go ahead.
问吧
Do you ever tell anyone?
你有告诉过别人吗
Tell them what?
告诉别人什么
How you do things.
你怎么变魔术的
You know, just to see the look on their faces.
看看他们脸上的表情
Never. Never ever.
没有 从来没有
And I never will, not even when I'm dead.
永远不会 至死都不会
And shall I tell you something?
我能告诉你件事吗
No one ever really wants to know when you do tell them.
当你真告诉他们的时候 没人真的想知道
Can I ask you a question?
我能问你个问题吗
Yes.
可以
Will you come and see my show?
你能来看我的表演吗
Yes, of course.
当然了
Ladies and gentlemen, we will match penny for penny
女士们 先生们 我们将为比赛下注
any purse you care to raise, but I must warn you,
下注多少金额都行 但我话说在前头
in all fairness, Mr. Chalker here
平心而论 乔克先生
whom God preserve was not blessed by the Almighty with the power of speech
虽受上帝庇佑却未被赋予说话的能力
is the undisputed champion of this county,
但无疑是郡里的下棋冠军
and is revered among the chess-playing community
百公里范围内每个主要城镇上的国际象棋协会 包括谢菲尔德
in every major town within a radius of 100 miles, including Sheffield.
都对他敬佩有加
Well, all our money is on Arthur Wright of Cottingley.
我们的钱都压在来自柯亭立的亚瑟·莱特身上
Hello.
你好
Clear!
都好了
Don't worry.
别担心
It's just a trick, like the circus.
只是个小把戏 像马戏那样
Check.
将军
Checkmate.
将军
Booger!
讨厌鬼
You all right? Yes.
你还好吧 没事
Thank you.
谢谢
Mr. Houdini. We were terrified.
霍迪尼先生 我们吓坏了
May I have you and the girls together, Mr. Houdini?
霍迪尼先生 能给你和孩子们照张相吗
Why, yes.
当然可以
Did you like the show?
你喜欢这场表演吗
Very much.
非常喜欢
Are you going to ask how I did it?
你要问我是怎么做到的吗
No.
不
Mr. Houdini!
霍迪尼先生
Have you seen these Yorkshire photographs?
你看了在约克郡拍的照片了吗
I have. And do you believe we're looking at real fairies?
我看了 你相信精灵是真的吗
Sir, I've spent much of my life making the impossible true.
先生 我的大部分人生都在制♥造♥不可能中的可能
Why would I find it hard to accept in others?
我又怎么会不相信其他的不可能呢
Well, I've interviewed you before, Mr. Houdini
我之前采访过你 霍迪尼先生
and I know you don't stand for any superstitious nonsense.
我知道你不支持任何迷信的鬼话
I fought against those who seek to make a profit out of the grief,
我反对那些试图从人类的悲伤 痛苦和孤独中
the pain and the loneliness of their fellow human beings.
获取利益的人
I stand against fraud, against the exploitation of suffering mothers,
我反对欺骗 反对对于受难母亲们的剥削
whose dead children are puppeteered in front of their grieving eyes.
反对让她们眼睁睁悲痛看着死去的孩子被人操纵利用
But I don't see any of that here.
但我在这没看到以上任何一点
I see only joy.
我只看到了愉悦
Any chance you'd tell us how you escaped the tank?
能不能告诉我们你怎么从水箱里逃脱的
Masters of illusion never reveal their secrets.
幻象大♥师♥从不会泄露他们的秘密
Thank you, gentlemen.
谢谢 先生们
Are we going to live here forever?
我们会永远住在这吗
Of course not.
当然不会
I know what "missing" means.
我知道失踪意味着什么
What?
什么
I know what they mean when they say my dad's missing.
我知道他们说我爸爸失踪了是什么意思
It means they don't know where he is.
那是说他们不知道他在哪
What's it feel like when you grow up?
长大是什么感觉
I don't know.
我不知道
I think perhaps it's different for everyone.
或许对于每个人来说都不一样
Do you want to grow up?
你想长大吗
Yes. I think I do.
是的 我想
Even if it means never seeing the fairies again?
即使那意味着再也看不到精灵
It doesn't matter never seeing them again.
再也看不到也没关系
We'll never forget like everybody else who grows up,
我们永远也不会像其他人一样长大后就忘记
because we have the photographs.
因为我们有照片
That's why they're important.
所以说照片很重要
Whenever we start to forget, to pretend nothing ever happened,
一旦我们开始忘记 假装什么都没发生过
we can look at them, and we'll remember.
看看这些照片就会想起来了
I think I know how it is to be grown up.
我想我知道长大是什么感觉了
Yes?
是吗
It's when you feel... how someone feels... who isn't you.
长大就是当你能对他人感同身受
Frances.
弗朗西斯
Listen.
听
Daddy.
爸爸
It's my daddy! It's my daddy!
是我爸爸 是我爸爸
Thank you.
谢谢
That perfume smells good.
香水可真好闻
I'm not wearing any.
我没用香水
I know.
我知道
电影精选列表