-- Oh! I... Holy... -- What's that?
生物
- Creatures!
-哪种生物? -蝌蚪
-- What kind? -- Tadpoles!
-抓到一只了 -我抓到一只了
-- Oh, you got one. -- I got one.
哦 老天 我找到一只蝌蚪
Oh, my God. I found a tadpole.
很显然附近一定有青蛙
I mean, obviously, that's a sure sign that there's frogs around here.
嘿 布鲁斯 我是马克 听到请回答
-- Hey, Bruce. It's Mark. Do you copy?
嘿 马克 你们在哪? 你们到山顶了吗?
Hey, Mark. Where art thou? Have you made it? Over.
我们就在山顶 我们在平台上
- We are indeed up on the top. We're on the plateau.
我们找到一个里面都是蝌蚪的水池
We found a puddle that was just absolutely filled with tadpoles.
太棒了 我太高兴了
- Fantastic.
我很想看看你们找到什么
I could not be more excited. It'll be interesting to see what you got.
如果可以替我用袋子装起来,然后拿回这里
If you can grab it and bag it for me and when you get back down here,
我们就能完成这次沿线采集
we will have completed the entire transect.
小心 结束
Be safe. Over and out.
好 就这样,
- Okay, sounds good.
我们很快再跟你联络好吗?结束
We'll check back in with you soon. Okay? Over and out.
原本的目标是带布鲁斯上峭壁顶端
The goal was to get Bruce up to the top of the cliff.
但并却没有完全照计划
It didn't go, you know, perfectly according to plan.
但我们攻顶了
Um. But we did the climb.
第一次登上没有人攀登过的平顶山
A first ascent up a tepui that has never been climbed before.
我们来到山顶 完成沿线采样
- We got to the top, we completed the elevational transect,
而且还找到蝌蚪要带下去给布鲁斯,这可能是新的物种
and we found the tadpoles to bring down to Bruce which might be a new species.
这就是我们来这里的目的,
That's what we came here for.
对我真的很重要
And that's really important to me,
因为我见过这附近其它地方
because I have seen what happens in other places out here,
有伐木跟采矿
the logging and the mining.
我想如果大家知道,知道这里有多神秘
And I think if people know about this place and how magical it is,
就会保护它
they'll protect it.
-嘿…嘿 -嘿
-Hey, guys. Hey. -- Hey!
-嘿 -嘿
-Hey. -Hey!
很高兴见到你 -击掌 -你好吗?
-Good to see you. High five. -How you doing, bud?
不要搞太脏 我全身都是湿的
-Oh. Don't get too dirty. I'm so wet.
嘿
- Hey, dude.
-你在这里 -你好吗?
-There you are. -How are you, bud?
-哦 老天 -我好饿
-- Oh, my God. -- I'm pretty famished, so...
你看起来像瘦了20磅
You look like you've lost about 20 pounds.
-嘿 布鲁斯 -福科
-Hey, Bruce! -Fuco!
我想我们抓到了
-I think we captured it.
-哇 我看看你们找到什么 -很高兴见到你
-Wow. Let's see what you got. -So good to see you, man.
我也是
- Likewise.
这次沿线采样的探险非常成功
This expedition's elevational transect has been hugely successful.
我们现在有完整沿线采集的样本,从山顶
We have the entire transect now, and this part of it that, from the summit,
一路到双落就是我们需要建立的区域
all the way down to Double Drop, is the part we needed to establish.
我们的表现实在太好了,但愿我能跟你们在山上
And, boy, did we do that in spades. So, I wish I'd been up there with you.
那是我内心的渴望,
That was something I had deep in my heart.
但你们办到了 为了我们办到了
However, you did it, and you did it for us.
布鲁斯对生物充满热情
- Bruce has an infectious passion for biology.
我觉得我们做的事情很重要,收集新的物种
I feel like we did something that matters.
进行研究 采集DNA
To collect new species, to study them, to take DNA samples,
看到从来没有人看过的东西
and to basically see something that no one has ever seen before.
科学带我们走了很长一段路 但是
You know, I mean, science has brought us a long ways, but, I mean,
我们对这个世界的了解还是非常浅薄
we're still barely scratching the surface of what we understand in this world.
平顶山是地表上很特别的地方
- The tepuis are special places on the planet.
那里是我的人生 我的爱,我职业生涯的一部份
And they're part of my life, my love, my career.
所以这次探险,对我来说是最好的礼物之一
And so, this trip is one of the great gifts to me.
希望还有更多机会
And I'd love to do more.
但如果没有 这会是我人生的亮点
But if I don't get to do it, this will be a highlight of my life.
根据布鲁斯采集样本的DNA分♥析♥
这次探险他发现五种新的物种
还有许多尚未被发现的动植物
就在这片亚马逊雨林
但是在缺乏保护之下,它们可能在我们尚未发掘前就消失
想了解国家地理,如何支持这些保护我们居住的
这个美好世界的探险家,请上NATGEO.COM/IMPACT查询
探险队购买♥♥碳信用,补偿制♥作♥所排放的废气
电影精选列表