今天早上徒手攀岩好手,亚历克斯·霍诺德
- This morning, Free Solo's Alex Honnold,
攀登位于亚马逊丛林独深处,由岩石组成的平顶山
climbing in an unexplored rock formation deep in the Amazon known as "tepui."
我跟这个团队合作
And... and I worked with the team on this,
跟随他们的行程,他们有科学家布鲁斯明斯随行
and have followed their journey. They brought along scientist Bruce Means,
他相信这些平顶山有丰富多元的生物
who believes these tepuis are teeming with biodiversity.
他把这个地方视为加拉巴戈群岛,还有许多尚未被发现的物种
He likened it to a hidden Galapagos, full of undiscovered species,
同时希望看到牠们受到保护
and wants to see them protected.
这里每座平顶山几乎都高达一千英呎
- All these tepuis, almost every one, has sometimes up to 1000-foot-tall
都是悬崖峭壁,没有人来这里探索过新的物种
fringing summit cliffs. And none of those have been explored for new species.
我想大多数人都没想到
- I think most people are pretty surprised when they find out
丛林里会有这些疯狂的高山
that there are crazy towers out in the jungle.
像是个神秘的地方
It's like this mythical place, you know,
这里有些东西比你虚构想象得更原始
where there's stuff that's wilder than anything that you could make up,
而且真的存在
and it really exists.
进行首度攀登真的是现代探险
- Doing first ascents, I mean, it really is modern exploration,
因为就这个例子来说你要攀登的是…
because you are going onto, you know,
一大块人类还没碰过的石头
in this case, a piece of rock that no human has ever touched.
而且你真的不知道会发现什么
And so, you really don't know what you're gonna find.
你要驾驭你的恐惧 驾驭不确定性
You have to rein in the fear, rein in the uncertainty,
然后保持冷静进入未知
and then just remain calm as you literally step into the unknown.
国家地理探险家
攀登特普伊山脉
圭亚那
我们的探险队,要进入南美洲美丽的心脏平顶山
- We're on an expedition
布鲁斯明斯博士 生物学家
into the glorious heart of South America, the tepuis.
我之前跟布鲁斯来过这里
- I've been here with Bruce before.
上一次是 2006年 所以已经过了15年 马克·辛诺特,探险队队长
The last time I was here was... was 2006. So, it's been 15 years,
我一直想重返旧地
and I've been trying to get back ever since.
当布鲁斯和我第一次到这里探险时
- When Bruce and I did our first expedition here,
我看到他对科学的热情
I witnessed this passion that he had for science.
我知道其中一次探险,他发现九种新的物种
I know on one of the trips, I think he found nine new species.
我当时的反应是“我的天”,他所做的
And I was like, "Oh. Holy..." Like this... this... what he's doing,
基本上是靠一己之力拯救整个地区
he's basically on a one-man mission to save this entire area...
藉由发现与登录新的物种,向全世界证明
by finding and cataloging enough new species to prove to the world
这个无以伦比的多元生物热点,一定要受到保护
that it's this unrivaled biodiversity hotspot that must be protected.
但是他现在快八十岁了
But he's nearly 80 years old now.
还有最后一个地方他无法去
And there's one final place he has never been able to get to
好完成他的工作
to complete his work.
就是这些高耸的峭壁
High on the cliff walls themselves.
所以我找亚历克斯·霍诺德
-So, I called Alex Honnold.
徒手攀岩
亚历克斯是世界上
- Alex is one of the boldest,
最大胆的攀岩者之一,如果还不算最大胆的
if not the single boldest climber in the world.
我跟他说我们打算怎么做,亚历克斯很喜欢这个想法
I told him what we were gonna try to do. And Alex loved the idea
就是带布鲁斯到峭壁上,而亚历克斯就是“我可以”那种人
of getting Bruce up the cliff, and Alex is a can-do kind of guy.
他也希望能做到
And he wants to make it happen.
这样的探险,有一个知名的生物学家随行
- A trip like this with a renowned biologist,
还有很棒的团队 很酷的目标
with a great team, with a cool objective.
这种机会不常有 亚历克斯·霍诺德,专业攀岩好手
I mean, it's not the kind of thing that comes along all the time.
是我这辈子一直想做的事
It's something that I've always wanted to do in my life.
这次探险我的角色就是成功攀登峭壁
My role on the trip is to make sure that we successfully climb the wall.
尤其是带着一个80岁的老人
And I think that, you know, particularly with an 80-year-old man,
我们要非常小心
I mean... ...we're gonna be pretty careful about it.
但我想会蛮可怕的
But I think it'll be really scary.
四千英呎,
-- Four thousand feet,
我们在3750英呎的地方偏离 -是最靠近峭壁还是…
I had us veering off down at 3,750, which is the closest to the wall, or...
-但那是垂直两千英呎?
- But that's, like, 2,000 feet of vertical, huh?
-布鲁斯 这样可以吗? -哦 对
-Bruce, is that adequate for you? -- Oh, yeah. Yeah.
应该能采集到样本
I should be able to get specimens.
要放到博物馆 标示是你发现的
They have to be in museums to document that you found them,
而且我需要收集到一点DNA
and I need to get a little DNA from them.
福科·皮沙尼,攀岩好手与生物学家
你不觉得他们也要找一个小区域吗?
And then don't you think, they have to deal also with a small area?
-对 -小
-- Yeah. -- Small.
-如果我们能让你到山顶… -对 我们就会知道
-If we can just get you to the top... -- Yeah. Then we'll know.
然后你可以展开全面调查
...and, uh, you can do the full survey.
最好的情况就是峭壁够陡峭
The very best-case scenario would be that the wall is steep enough
绳索可以直接往下垂降
that the rope basically hangs freely down in a plumb line.
我们基本上就把他拉上去,就像拉一个袋子
And then we basically haul him the way that you would haul a bag, like...
基本上他只要坐在一张小椅子上
he would basically just be sitting on a little chair,
慢慢沿着峭壁往上,享受风景 寻找物种
just slowly levitating up the wall, enjoying the view, looking for species.
好 但如果岩面没有突起的地方呢?
Okay, but what if... what if it's not overhanging?
那我们就要随机应变
Then we'll have to do some improvising.
还好你带了一个攀岩好手一起来,我们会想办法解决
Thankfully, you brought a climber with you, and we'll sort it out,
好吗? 好 我有霍诺德 但问题是霍诺德
-you know? -Yeah, well, I have Honnold to take.
就算他充满热诚,他一个人拉不动布鲁斯
But the problem is that Honnold, even though he's all gung ho, he can't haul Bruce himself.
不 所以我们才有一个团队,-他需要协助
-No, no, but that's why we have a team. -He's gonna need some help.
-对 可能是
-Yeah, that's probably true.
我们攀登的目标在亚马逊丛林深处
- Our climbing objective is deep in the Amazon jungle.
前面的景观大概就是这样,要穿越35英哩的丛林
This is what the view looks like ahead. Thirty-five miles of jungle trekking.
很好 布鲁斯 走得很顺
Well done, Bruce, cruising.
跟布鲁斯走在丛林就会非常能珍惜
Being with Bruce in the jungle is an incredible way to appreciate
身边物种的多样性
the diversity of life around.
他知道每件事的背景
I mean, he just knows the backstory of everything.
看!就在那里 是不是很酷?
Oh. Look! Right there. Isn't that cool?
就像跟一个人去参加派对,他认识派对上每个人
It's like going to a party with someone who knows everyone.
他会说那个家伙以前跟那个女的约会,然后他们聊天
He's like, "That guy used to date that girl, and then they hung out,
还有那个人…就像他知道所有人的关系
"and then that person..." You know, he knows all the relationships.
我觉得当你更你珍惜丛林生态的
And I think that as you appreciate the complex web of relationships
复杂脉络 就会更想深入了解
in the jungle more, it makes it much more engaging.
大伙儿 看到好东西了
- Oh! Oh! Oh! Something good, y'all.
蜘蛛属于掠夺性动物,牠们通常残食彼此
Spiders are predacious, and they usually eat each other,
所以都会独居
so they're usually solitary.
但是有些蜘蛛会群居,这就是其中一种
But there are some that are colonial. And this is one of them.
很酷 哇
That is cool. Wow.
他对大自然的热情带给我很大的启发
His passion for nature is so inspiring to me.
不光是他是一个生物学家,还有他这个人
Inspiring... not only as a biologist,
能跟他一起探险是我的荣幸
but as a person. And I'm honored to be in an expedition with him.
这次探险算是,我在南美洲所有努力的巅峰
- This expedition is, uh, sort of the culmination of all my work in South America.
我从小就珍惜大自然
This all started, you know, as a child when I began to appreciate nature
想知道每件事背后的意义
and wonder about the meaning of everything.
大概九或十岁时 我开始对进化着迷
And I soon became fascinated by nine or ten years old with evolution.
所以我抓蜥蜴跟蛇 狼蛛和蝎子
So, I caught lizards, and snakes, and tarantulas, and scorpions.
把牠们放在罐子里
Kept them in jars.
这个很酷
看到这个黄色小尾巴的尖端吗?
Oh. This is cool. You see the little yellow tail tip?
牠上来了
He's coming up.
最终带我来到这个很美丽的地区
And ultimately, it led me to this wonderful region...
-不 不要跳 -然后我爱上平顶山
-No, no, don't jump. -...and then fell in love with tepuis.
不要跳下去 很好
Don't jump off. There we go.
平顶山有点像天空的岛屿
- Tepuis are sort of islands in the sky.
它们可能是几百万年前
They were probably eroded into the sandstone from Africa
当南美洲还与非洲相连时
when South America and Africa were connected
非洲风化而成的沙岩
millions and millions of years ago.
这次探险是首度有人,企图登上平顶山峭壁
This expedition's the first expedition to attempt to look at the walls of tepuis
看看这些峭壁是否有独特的动植物
to see whether there are unique flora and fauna growing on those walls.
希望藉由评估这个特定区域
Hopefully, by assessing the species' richness
物种的丰富性 能敦促政♥府♥领导者
of this particular area, may compel government leaders
还有圭亚那的人♥民♥
and the people of Guyana
想要保护这个不凡又美丽的地方
to want to conserve this fabulous, beautiful place.
这样他的梦想就成真
- This is his dream come true.
这次旅行可能是他最重要的成就
This... this trip, you know, could be kind of his magnum opus.
好酷 哇
- That is cool. Wow.
他已经到平顶山探险过33次,从来没有上过峭壁
- He's been on, uh, 33 tepui expeditions. He's never been on the cliff.
所以那就是我们的任务 带布鲁斯
And so, that's what we're here to do, is to take Bruce on a journey
登上平顶山顶端寻找新的物种
up to the top of the tepui itself to look for new species,
登录这些物种,看看到底有哪些东西
and to catalog, you know, what exists in this really, you know,
存在于这个科学家,还没探索过的独特的地方
unique place in the world that scientists haven't really explored.
第六天
特洛伊 今天天气怎么样?
- Hey, Troy, how's the weather today?
天气不太好也不太糟
天气还好
-是…我们照计划进行? -对 对
-- It's uh, we... -Yeah. Yeah.
-没问题? -没问题
-Yeah. -- No problem?
穿越丛林前往平顶山
电影精选列表