This expedition, unfortunately... this is probably my last...
进入丛林
trip involving...you know, jungle hiking.
我喜欢四处走
I like to walk along...
看着苔藓
slowly... uh, looking at the moss,
我会找到昆虫,会看到我没看过的动物
looking... I'll find an insect, I'll see an animal I wouldn't have seen
如果我走得够快的话 真的,就在一分钟前
if I was cruising along fast.
这个小家伙跳上来
And sure enough, just a minute ago, this little guy hopped up.
是只蟾蜍,蟾蜍是青蛙,但不是所有的青蛙都是蟾蜍
It's a toad. Toads are frogs, not all frogs are toads.
怎么会不爱上牠们呢?
What's not to love?
这里再原始不过了
This is as pristine as it gets.
就我所知只有我们来过这里,这里原始又偏僻
Uh, only our feet have been here that I'm aware of. It's wild, and remote,
而且再美不过了
and beautiful can... as can be.
我只想安静 享受这个地方
I just wanna be quiet and love it.
充分感受这一切
Let it sink in.
我有一天会离开这个世界
I'll be leaving the planet...
我会想念这一切
...sometime.
And I'll miss it.
我即将前往未知的地方 我们在云里
I'm about to head into the unknown here. We're a bit in a cloud,
所以一切都有点湿 这样不太好
so everything's a little wet, which is unfortunate,
会增加攀岩的难度,
and makes it obviously a little harder for climbing,
因为手握的地方都是湿的
because all the holds are wet.
但是我们要继续看看会碰到什么状况
But, um, we're just gonna keep going, and see how things play out.
刚才那里是今天难度最高的把手点
That was, like, the hardest crimp today.
好耶 亚历克斯
- Nice, Alex!
对 想确保接下来能一路顺畅
- Yep. Wanna make sure that it feels like a pleasure cruise up here.
福科和我在这里给绳索
-Fuco and I at the belay here.
福科给马克绳索,看得到他在下面吗?
Fuco's belaying Mark, who... let's see. Can we see him below here?
对 他在那里
Oh, yeah, there he is.
他正在往上爬出这片疯狂的云层
He's still climbing up out of the crazy clouds.
我猜就是因为这样,这里才叫云森林
I guess, this is why they call it a cloud forest.
上头的峭壁看起来…
The wall above us looks...
我们等一下就知道 看起来很有意思
Well, we'll just see. It looks very interesting.
老天 真的是层层迭迭
- Oh, my God. It's full-on, literally Jenga.
岩石
Rock!
岩石
Rock!
岩石
Rock!
-福科 有点可怕 -对 我知道
-It's a little scary, Fuco. -- Yeah, I know.
只有一个小突起能让我爬上那个断层
There was this lip that I had to turn to get up to the ledge,
几乎每个手抓的地方都要清除石块
and almost every single hold was removable.
我觉得非常挑战又害怕的地方
And the thing that was so challenging and scary for me
就是清除石块时不会摔下去
was that I had to remove it all without falling off.
好 福科 我要继续了
Okay, Fuco, I'm questing on.
耶
Whoo! ...Yeah!
我的绳距就到这里
This is the exit to my pitch.
-怎么样? -刚才很可怕
-- What's up? -- That was scary.
好 我们办到了 我们在断层上
All right. We... did it. We're on the ledge.
1 2 3 拉
One, two, three! Pull.
好 在那个下面
- Okay, underneath that.
Three!
天色渐渐暗了,我们还在拉超大的袋子
- It's getting dark on us, and we're still hauling giant bags.
-好多东西 -1 2 3
-It's so much stuff. -One, two, three!
从生物学的角度来看很有趣
Now, it's going to get interesting from the biology perspective
因为我要找青蛙
because I'm be... I'm gonna be looking for frogs.
我们要在峭壁上扎营
- We're erecting our wall camp.
基本上我们要试着,在这个新家安顿下来
Basically, we're just trying to settle into our new home,
然后从这里攻顶
up toward the top of the cliff.
所以明天的计划,就是我们要从这里横向攀登
So, the plan for tomorrow, we're gonna quest off in this traverse,
然后试着攻顶
across this thing, and try to get to the summit,
我保证会是一段疯狂的冒险
and it's... I guarantee that it's gonna be a... a wild adventure.
明天就是探险
Ex... exploration, that's what it's gonna be tomorrow.
以布鲁斯明斯博士的科学之名探险
Exploration in the name of science. On behalf of Dr. Bruce Means,
我们要试着找到那只青蛙,不是件容易的事
we've gotta try to find the frog. It's not gonna be easy.
断层营地
我们这次探险都跟,《早安美国》的主持人
- We've been checking in from the expedition with Michael Strahan
麦克史塔拉汉联机
from Good Morning America.
第十四天
Giving updates via satphone
用卫星电♥话♥把这次探险的进度
还有我们做什么告诉他
of the progress of the expedition and what we're doing.
这次经验很酷
It's pretty cool to be able to share this experience
能跟全世界实时分享
with the world as it happens.
亚历克斯 你怎么样?那里的情况如何?
- Hey, Alex. How you doing, man? How is it going out there?
很棒 我们成功克服,这个巨大平顶山的一部份
Hey, it's going great. We've successfully climbed a portion of this giant tepui.
我们利用这个大断层系统链接到山顶
We've made this large ledge system which will connect to the actual summit.
所以一切都很顺利
And so, things are going great.
我听说布鲁斯的事
- I heard the unfortunate news about Bruce.
怎么回事?最重要的是他还好吗?
So, what happened? And most of all, is he okay?
在前往平顶山的路上,他得留在中途的营地
He has remained in one of the mid camps on the approach to the wall.
我们用无线电,跟他所在的营地保持联♥系♥
We do have radio communications with the camp that he's in.
收到 我在这里
- Roger. I'm here.
我再好不过了
I'm as good as can... good can be.
我们发现各种美妙又奇特的新物种
We're finding all kinds of wonderful, exciting, and exotic new species...
能列入世界生物多样性统计调查,也让大家注意到这一区
...that adds to the world's biodiversity but also brings attention to this area
是生物多样性非常重要的热区
as being a significant biodiversity hotspot.
所以这是团队的努力 还没结束
So, it's a team effort. Uh, it's not over yet.
这个研究还在继续, 我真的很高兴 结束
The search continues, and I am ecstatic. Over.
一切听起来都很棒
All of this sounds absolutely incredible.
但是你们最后攻顶要小心好吗?
But, you guys, you stay safe on the final push to the top, okay?
我们替各位加油
We are... we're rooting for you guys.
攻顶时来到植被的地方
- At the elevations where the vegetation occurs,
这里非常湿
it's very wet,
是青蛙和其它动物的原生地
and prime habitat for all kinds of frogs and other animals.
找到栖息在这些峭壁的脊椎动物
To find a vertebrate animal that's endemic to the cliffs themselves
一定会很棒 会是很棒的发现
would be outstanding, would be a wonderful find.
这看起来很危险
- This looks dangerous.
我要穿过这个小通道上去 沿着那里
...I'm gonna go up through this little tunnel here. Get along.
我想关键是贴着峭壁走
I think the key is gonna be to stay near the base of the cliff.
要命 好多狼蛛
Holy creepy crawly. Tarantula city.
有些地方是无法穿越的浓密灌木丛
There was spots where it was just impenetrable thickets like this,
你用手拨开
where you're just, like, tearing your way through.
然后我们终于来到维阿西普的山顶平台
山顶平台
Then eventually, we popped out onto the Wei-Assipu summit plateau.
哦 老天
- Oh, my God.
这里看起来太疯狂了
- This is freaking crazy-looking.
看看那边那棵树,好像苏西博士绘本里头的
Look at that tree right there, that's like full-on Dr. Seuss.
因为布鲁斯无法上来,我们在山顶上的任务
Because Bruce couldn't make it up, it was our job on the summit
就是协助他搜寻新的青蛙,好完成他这一生的志业
to help him complete his life's work by searching for new species of frogs.
我们在平台上 不在最高点
We're up on the plateau. We're not on the highest point,
但我们基本上已经来到山顶
but we've basically made it to the top.
仔细看
Keep your eyes out.
这里是青蛙会出没的地方
We're definitely, like, in froggy terrain.
现在我们真的需要天气好起来
This is where now we really need the weather to be good,
因为我们没有可以遮蔽的地方
because now we have no shelter,
当然
and we're out in the open, and, of course...
云刚从平顶山另一头飘过来
the clouds just come up over the side of the tepui.
然后我们继续寻找青蛙
And then we're back into the fog.
我们什么都看不到 然后开始下雨
We can't see anything, and it starts raining.
不
- No.
你会冷吗?过来坐这里 福科
- Are you cold? Come sit right here, Fuco.
我差点失温,我得跟马克爬进岩石下面
- I was almost hypothermic. I had to crawl with Mark
躲在遮雨的斗篷下
inside a poncho, beneath the rock.
两个家伙在遮雨的斗篷下面
- Got two guys under one poncho in this space.
试着在山顶上取暖
Wanna get... trying to stay warm on the summit here.
对 这不是我们希望的登顶荣耀
- Yeah, this isn't exactly the summit glory we were hoping for.
我们还没找到青蛙 我又湿又冷
And we haven't been able to find the frog, and I'm soaked to the bone.
找青蛙
-Looking for frogs.
有点像海底捞针
Sort of like finding a needle in a haystack.
布鲁斯似乎很容易就找到,但其实没那么简单
Bruce seems to find them, no problem, but... ...it's not that easy.
就算你听到青蛙叫声也很难找到
听起来就在树这边
Sounds like it's in the trees up here.
-也许 -对
-Maybe. -- Yeah.
我想到我们应该把焦点,放在有菠萝科植物的地方
I had an idea that we... we should look mostly on the bromeliads,
那里很适合青蛙躲藏
which is the perfect environment for a frog to... to hide.
但我找不到
But I couldn't find it.
-我 要命 -怎么了?
电影精选列表