- Hiking through the jungle to approach the tepuis
是个有趣的体验 因为从雨林开始
is sort of an interesting experience, 'cause you start in the rainforest,
就像爬山 走过树根 跨越溪流
which is technical hiking, you know, stepping over roots, crossing streams.
然后一天比一天难走
And then each day gets progressively harder and harder
当你越靠近平顶山,越靠近那些大石壁
as you get closer to the tepuis, closer to the, uh, actual big walls,
因为地形越来越陡 丛林越来越茂密
because the terrain gets steeper and more vegetating.
难度越来越高
You know, it just steadily builds on you the whole way.
你心里想“只会越来越难走,只会越来越难走!”
You're like, Oh. It just keeps getting worse. It keeps getting worse!
当你在这样的丛林 面对的就是一场
- It's a war of attrition against the mud and saturation
对抗泥泞与茂密丛林的耗损战 对 很困难
when you're in these forests. So, it's hard.
有点累了
Getting a little tiring now.
我想我今天大概走了
I think I've been doing this today...
快六个小时
...almost six hours.
我有点担心布鲁斯
- I'm a little concerned about Bruce.
因为地形越来越陡 越来越复杂
Because the terrain is getting steeper and more complicated.
布鲁斯比我们预期走更慢
Bruce is, you know, just moving more slowly than we all anticipated.
行动也越困难 我想连他都没想到
With more difficulty. I think even he's, like, surprised
他会走得这么辛苦
at how hard he's getting his butt kicked.
布鲁斯 你还可以吧?
-Okay there, Bruce?
-我还好 -你可以?
-I'm all right. -You okay?
-对 -好
-Yeah. -Okay.
路很难走 别担心我们是否能成功
It's hard, you know, not to worry whether we're gonna be able to pull this off.
继续走就是了
Keep on trucking!
-再走四天就到双落 -对
-Only four more days to Double Drop. -- Yeah.
然后我们来到充满挑战性的地方
- Then we get to the gnarly part.
第十天
小心 慢慢来
Careful, take it slow.
这一段路对布鲁斯会很危险
Oh. This is gonna be so treacherous for Bruce.
他来到最陡峭的部分,所以要穿上护具
He just got to the steepest part. So he's putting on a harness,
马克也许会给他绳索
and Mark is gonna maybe put him on belay.
一方面看起来好像简单
It's like, in a way, it's kind of easy,
但是换个角度是,如果摔下去可能会死 所以…
but in a way, it's... if you fell, you would possibly die, so...
阿卡瓦尤人架了这个不稳固的梯子
- The Akawaios built this rickety ladder.
一次只能走一个人
- Going one at a time.
-对 每一阶距离都很大 -对 我看到了
- Yeah, they're big steps. - Yeah, I see that.
对我很困难 要屈膝
That's a problem for me, is, uh... is bending my knees.
对 我看得到要踩哪里
Yes, I can see what I'm doing.
看看这里
Let's see here.
太棒了 布鲁斯 快到了 你真厉害
- Awesome, Bruce. We're almost there. You're a trooper.
嘿
- Hey.
真的很厉害
Dude, that was an... that was an incredible effort.
现在大概还要再走十分钟泥泞的山路
-Now, you just gotta slip and slide -We made it. through the mud for about ten more minutes.
泥泞我可以应付
Oh, mud I can do.
碰到些困难 吃了一些苦
- There's a bit of misery and there's some suffering,
但是收获
真的让人叹为观止
but the payout, it's stuff that completely blows your mind.
大本营,双落瀑布
我喜欢!我等不及要下水
-Oh. I love it! I can't wait to get in that water.
-欢迎光临双落! -看我的
-- Welcome to Double Drop! -Hot dog.
那一刻布鲁斯真的好开心
- That was a... a really big moment for Bruce.
我知道这里是地表上,他最喜欢的地方之一
I know it's one of his favorite places on Earth.
而且我知道光是走到这里,他的梦想就有一部份成真了
And I know it was part of his dream just to get there.
这里就是我的香格里拉
- This is my Shangri-la!
这是我见过
It's...
最有野性 最原始 人迹最稀少,又最美丽的地方
the most wild, pristine... remote, beautiful place I've been on the planet.
我不敢相信我还能再来一次
I can't believe I was able to return... one last time.
那一刻真的很棒 但同时
- It was an awesome moment, but at the same time,
我们也更深入蛮荒
we were getting deeper and deeper into the middle of nowhere,
到有点吓人的程度
and getting, you know, committed to a scary degree.
我看着要去的地方 心里想
I was looking at the approach and thinking,
“我们要怎么让布鲁斯,穿越这样的地形?”
"How in the world are we gonna get Bruce through this terrain?"
哦 老天
Oh, my God.
马克 你看到什么?
- Mark, what have we got?
那是维阿西普
- There's Wei-Assipu.
看起来好危险
- That looks... gnarly.
要爬上去不容易
-Like, climbing that is not gonna be easy.
尤其是要带一个八十岁的老人上去
Especially not bringing an 80-year-old up it.
第十一天
所有的挑夫都在帮布鲁斯
All the porters are helping Bruce
福科·皮沙尼,攀岩好手和生物学家
抓青蛙 蜥蜴 蛇 蜘蛛
to get all the frogs, lizards, snakes, spiders.
营地很疯狂
-Uh. It's madness in camp.
你有一只很大的狼蛛
- Oh. You got a big tarantula.
巨人食鸟蛛 世界上最大的蜘蛛
The goliath spider, the largest spider in the world.
特别是这一个地区
In this particular part of the world,
动植物的种类归纳还没有完成
the original inventory of the animals and plants here has not been completed.
这条蛇吃蜗牛
-This snake eats snails.
就在我们发现更多物种时,我们开始了解
And now, we're starting to find that as we discover more and more species,
这个生物多元性热区变得越来越重要
it's becoming a more and more important biodiversity hotspot.
拼图的最后一块
The final piece of the puzzle
就是发掘住在平顶山峭壁上的生物
is discovering what lives up on the tepui walls.
这是一个很极端的地方
It's such an extreme place to get to.
科学家还无法来探索
Scientists have simply not been able to explore it.
所以我答应布鲁斯他能登上峭壁
- So, I've been promising Bruce that he's gonna get up the wall,
但我不知道怎么带他上去
but I don't really know how it's going to happen yet.
可能需要
I mean, it's probably gonna involve
结合技巧与策略 但此刻
some hybrid combination of techniques and strategies. But at this point,
所面对的挑战,是让一个八十岁的老人穿越丛林
the challenge is trekking through the jungle as an 80-year-old.
在我们看到布鲁斯累成那样之后,亚历克斯 福科 和我
After we saw how bad Bruce got beaten up, Alex, Fuco, and I
都觉得“哇”
were already like, "Wow."
然后情况变得明朗
-- And it became apparent
他需要的时间比我们预期多很多
that it was going to take him a lot longer than we had anticipated
才能抵达峭壁下面
to get to the base of the wall.
我想我们要把
What we're going to do, I think is we're going to halve the distance
每天的脚程减半
that we were going to be covering each day.
也就是说前往平顶山这段路,要花两倍时间
So, that does mean that the approach is gonna take twice as long.
不 那表示布鲁斯的部分可以减半
But, no, it means that Bruce can do half the distance,
但也许我们依旧能走全程
but maybe we still do full distance for some of it
确保峭壁…
to make sure that the weight of the wall...
我是说我们可以分批走 有所进展
I mean, we can divide and conquer a little bit.
对 我们要…
Yeah, we have to... we have to...
这件事我们晚餐时应该讨论
That's what we should talk about at dinner.
-对 好 我想是 -因为我们绝对可以
-Yes, I guess. Yeah. -'Cause there's definitely a world
让装备和攀岩团队照进度
in which the gear and the climbing team sticks to the same schedule.
布鲁斯可以照他的脚程 不会有问题
Bruce takes whatever pace he needs, and it all works out fine.
我最担心的是我的年纪和体能状况,可能让探险队气馁
My biggest fear would be that my age and my physical ability might deter
或放慢探险队的脚程 这点我很担心
or might somehow slow up the expedition. That bothers me, worries me a lot.
我们可以做的就是
The one thing that we could do is, we move forward
让挑夫和开路的人先走
with the porters, you know, with the line cutters.
我们把路开到峭壁底下
And we blaze the trail to the base of the cliff while Bruce stays and does his stuff
然后布鲁斯待在双落忙他的事
-at Double Drop. -- Hmm.
路开好了我们可以折返
Then the trail is in, and then either we double back,
也许花点时间跟他在一起
maybe to spend some time with him,
-或者我们开始准备攀登 -好
-or we just start working on the climb. -- But...
-然后牠可以赶上来 -这样有道理
-And he's catching up. -- It makes sense.
我想兵分两路行得通,至少对团队大多数人来说
I think half-camps make sense, at least for, you know, the majority of the team.
因为我想安全是首要考虑 布莱恩艾文,团队医生
Um, you know, 'cause safety I think is the...
确实, 优先事项
-- For sure. -...really has to be a priority.
你们想怎么做我都支持,我不会坚持什么
- I'm for whatever you guys wanna do. I'm not pushing for anything.
我可以找事情做
I mean, I'm okay with doing a little, single thing,
因为我喜欢一个人在丛林里
'cause I like to be out a little, out in the woods all alone,
我过去很多年都这样,但我八十岁了 快八十了
and I've done that for years and years. But I'm 80, almost 80, you know?
昨天我跌倒那几次都可能摔断骨头
Yesterday, I had several potential bone-breaking falls.
-还有… -我们要把跌倒的次数减到零
-And... -We need to reduce that down to nil.
-对 -那…
-- Yeah. Yeah. -And that's...
看来我们都同意要兵分两路
It seems like we all agree that we're gonna split legs,
你照你们的脚程 没问题
you're gonna pace yourself. It's gonna be great.
就这样
-- That's it. -- So, we have a plan
好 接下来两天我们打算好了
for the next couple of days.
-当然 -酷 我们休息吧
-- Cool. Let's go to bed. -- Sure.
-好 -你要休息了
-Yep. -You gotta get to sleep.
明天很漫长
We have another big day tomorrow.
-好 -就这样吧
-Okay. -Let's wrap it up.
电影精选列表