别紧张,别走。
Take it easy. Don't go.
我来这里没有被要求,我可以以同样的方式离开。
I came here without being asked, I can leave the same way.
- 你好,童养媳-你好,汤姆。
- Hello, child bride. - Hello, Tom.
- 生我的气?-当然不是。
- Sore at me? - Of course not.
你做了你唯一能做的事。
You did the only thing you could.
我不太确定,我一直想要一个牧场。
I'm not so sure. I always wanted a ranch.
只是我不知道你的厨艺。
Only I don't know about your cooking.
苏打水?
Soda?
是的,请。
Yes, please.
也许无论如何我都应该接受这个提议。
Maybe I should've taken the offer anyway.
为什么?
Why?
那天晚上你在 Halverson 牧场做什么?
What were you doing out at the Halverson Ranch the other night?
我在专心做自己的事。
I was minding my own business.
我也是。
I was too.
在州桥旁边的高速公路上行驶。
Cruising the highway out by the State Bridge.
大概是你走出私家路的时候
About the time you came out of the private road
然后去了镇上。
and headed for town.
别再出去了。
Don't go out there again.
等一下,汤姆。
Now, wait a minute, Tom.
我说话算话,宝拉。
I mean what I say, Paula.
当你和像本迪克斯这样的人纠缠在一起,
When you tangle with someone like Bendix,
你只是没有拿起你的 j 然后回家。
you just don't pick up your jacks afterwards and go home.
我告诉你离那儿远点。
I'm telling you to stay away from there.
这和你有什么关系?
And what's it got to do with you?
还是你改变主意不想要那个农场了?
Or have you changed your mind about wanting the ranch?
在那样的裂缝之后,
After a crack like that,
我应该让你跳过你的头。
I ought to let you jump in over your head.
但首先,我要告诉你一些你应该知道的事情。
But first, I'm gonna tell you something you should know.
我阻止不了你。
I can't stop you.
我告诉过你我负责本迪克斯的案子。
I told you I was detailed to the Bendix case.
那又怎样?
So what?
他们把她的尸体运到了县城。
They brought her body down to us at the County Seat.
我看到了,而且记性很好。
I saw it and I have a good memory.
- 是你认识的人吗?-不,她谁也不是。
- Somebody you knew? - No, she was nobody.
但当我第一次见到你时,
But when I saw you for the first time,
我又想起来了。
I remembered all over again.
我在山脊上想告诉你的。
And I tried to tell it to you on the ridge...
你长得很像她,宝拉。
You look like her, Paula.
- 我看起来...-太像她了。
- I look... - Too much like her.
我明白了。
I see.
谢谢,汤姆,谢谢你帮了我大忙。
Uh, thanks, Tom. Thanks for a very good turn.
我请客。
The drink's on me.
- 你好,宝拉-你好,埃迪。
- Hello, Paula. - Hello, Eddie.
我一直在等你回来。
I've been waiting for you to come back.
- 埃迪?-是的。
- Eddie? - Yeah.
我现在知道了一些以前不知道的事情。
I know something now that I didn't know before.
我也知道,我很想你。
I know something, too. I've missed you.
我很惊讶,上车吧。
I was surprised how much. Get in.
在你和 Johnny 那样对我之后,
After the way you and Johnny treated me,
我觉得我不应该。
I don't think I should.
好吧,我发现我错了,对不起。
Alright, I found out I was wrong. I'm sorry.
现在,上车。
Now, get in the car.
我觉得她不想这样,伙计。
I don't think she wants to, bud.
我觉得这不关你的事。
I don't think it's any of your business.
你知道这很有趣。
You know it's a funny thing.
你一直希望有些事情发生
You keep wishing for something to happen
然后它就落在你的膝盖上。
and then it falls right in you lap.
- 比如?-比如揍你的鼻子。
- Like what? - Like bustin' you in the nose.
- 吹!-从车里出来!
- Blow! - Get out of that car!
- 听着,警♥察♥...-Eddie... 等等。
- Listen, copper... - Eddie... hold it.
你为什么不问问那个女孩?
Why don't you ask the girl?
- 你想和他一起去吗,宝拉?-是的。
- You wanna go with him, Paula? - Yes.
我去修篱笆。
I'll go fix a fence.
我知道你那天为什么那样做了。
I know why you acted the way you did the other day.
你为什么不理我。
Why you brushed me off.
- 是吗?-我看起来像她,不是吗?
- Yeah? - I look like her, don't I?
很像她。
A lot like her.
我不喜欢聪明的女人。
I don't like smart dames.
也许这次你最好也不要待太久。
Maybe you better not stay very long this time either.
好吧,既然你这么说。
Alright, if you say so.
你不能这么说,不是吗?
You can't say so, can you?
进来吧,我带你看看♥房♥♥子。
Come on in. I'll show you the house.
- 谁给你打工?-约翰尼。
- Who does your house work? - Johnny.
约翰尼。
Oh. Johnny.
有点乱,不是吗?
A little messy, isn't it?
今天天气不错,你应该让它进来。
It's a nice day. You ought to let it in.
我喜欢阳光在它的地方,在外面。
I like sunlight in its place, outside.
我想你是对的,确实有点乱。
Guess you're right. It is kinda messy.
约翰尼刷盘子有点晚了。
Johnny's a little behind with the dishes.
是的。
Yeah.
你睡得很安静,不是吗?
Quiet sleeper, aren't you?
你的眼睛很敏锐。
You've got sharp eyes.
是的,我睡得很安静,我像小猫一样蜷缩着。
Yeah, I sleep quiet, I curl up like a kitten.
你也许能帮上忙。
You might help.
好吧。
Okay.
- 那些是装载机-我知道。
- Those are loaders. - I know it.
我还担心你会把它们扔到壁炉里呢。
I was afraid you were gonna throw them in the fireplace.
你带枪了?
You carry a gun?
地毯清扫机在厨房♥的壁橱里
The carpet sweeper's in the kitchen closet
如果你想要的话。
if you want it.
- 对不起-没关系。
- I'm sorry. - It's alright.
你们真是奇怪的组合。
You're a strange combination.
你可以认出一个自动剪辑
You can recognize an automatic clip
玩过家家,就像你说的那样。
and you play house like you mean it.
倒烟灰缸的感觉真不错。
Kinda nice emptying those ashtrays.
关于女人有趣的是..。
Funny about women...
他们从来没有真正悄悄接近你,直到你
they never really creep up on you until you
把他们带到你的房♥子里,在那里你可以看到他们的动静。
get 'em in your house where you can watch 'em tick.
你不应该这么做,孩子。
You shouldn't do that, kid.
你知道的第一件事就是我会失业。
First thing you know, I'll be out of a job.
别担心 Johnny,
Don't worry about it, Johnny,
我保证你能拿到你的退休金。
I'll see that you get your pension.
来吧,宝拉。我们到外面去,那里空气新鲜。
Come on, Paula. Let's go outside where the air is fresh.
这就是我喜欢的,艾迪..。
This is what I like, Eddie...
独自一人在沙漠里..。
to be alone on the desert...
有山艾树和天空。
with the sagebrush and the sky.
这里没人看不起你。
Nobody looks down on you here.
是的。
Yeah.
很不错。
It's nice.
你不喜欢我的方式。
You don't like it the way I do.
我从你的表情就能看出来。
I can tell by the look on your face, like...
你在想别的事情。
You're thinking about something else.
你在想什么,埃迪?
What have you been thinking about, Eddie?
出租屋和后巷。
Tenement houses and back alleys.
埃迪,在我遇见你之前你是什么?
Eddie, what were you before I met you?
硬汉。
Tough guy.
不,我是说很久以前,在约翰尼遇见你之前。
No, I mean a long time ago before Johnny even met you.
像你这样的孩子。
Oh, a kid, like you.
你小时候住在哪里?
Where'd you live when you were a kid?
- 布鲁克林,第九区-你是什么样的人?
- Brooklyn, Ninth Ward. - What were you like?
我不知道像其他孩子一样。
Oh, I don't know. Like any other kid.
不..。
No...
你什么时候认识约翰尼的?
When did you meet Johnny?
我和你差不多大,也许比你大一岁。
Bendix: I was your age. Maybe a year older.
它就在时代广场旁边的自动售货机里
It was in the Automat, off Times Square
在星期六的凌晨两点左右。
about 2 o'clock in the morning, on a Saturday.
我破产了,他有几块钱。
I was broke, he had a couple of dollars.
我们开始聊天。
We got to talking.
他最终为我的火腿和鸡蛋买♥♥单。
He ended up paying for my ham and eggs.
然后呢?
And then?
电影精选列表