然后是罗科兄弟。
And then there were the Rocco boys.
记得吗,埃迪?
Remember, Eddie?
我上了车,开得很快,
I got in the car and drove off fast,
假装我是你。
pretending I was you.
你从后门出去了。
And you went out the back way.
然后是赌博船
Then there was the gamblin' ship
在墨西哥湾。
in the Mexican Gulf.
我差点就成功了
Well, I almost made it
直到你出现。
until you came along.
约翰尼: 我打赌你认为他很有钱,是不是?
Johnny: I'll bet you think he's loaded, don't you?
我是这么认为的。
I did think so.
像埃迪这样的人是不会坠入爱河的。
Guys like Eddie don't fall in love.
他们爱上了自己的隐私。
They're in love with their own hide.
他想要你只是因为他想出去
He only wanted you because he wanted to get out
做我让他做的事。
of doin' what I told him he had to do.
他不能一个人放弃,他不能一个人做任何事。
He couldn't quit alone. He couldn't do anything alone.
Angela 发现的。
Angela found that out.
她只不过是廉价赛道上的一个哑巴舞者。
She was just a dumb hoofer in the dime circuit.
我还以为她要大红大紫了。
Thought she was going into the big time.
她还没结婚几个月就发现了,
She wasn't married a couple of months before she found out,
就像你现在发现的一样。
like you're finding out now.
她没有你那么幸运。
She wasn't as lucky as you are.
- 幸运?-当然。
- Lucky? - Johnny: Sure.
她不能放弃,她发现了太多。
She couldn't quit, She found out too much.
名字,日期,地点,人名。
Names, dates, places, people.
埃迪就是这样的人。
The kind of a guy Eddie really is.
我为他做的工作,粗暴的事情。
The work I was doin' for him. The rough stuff.
强壮的男孩约翰尼。
Johnny the strong-arm boy.
你这个大嘴巴,是你告诉她的。
With the loose mouth. You were the one who told her.
你说过我可以信任她。
You told me I could trust her.
她是你的妻子,不是吗?
She was your wife, wasn't she?
就像我相信这个孩子一样,还是我不应该相信他?
Just like I trust this kid here, or shouldn't I?
我不想再听了。
I don't think I wanna hear any more.
你听着,直到我说完。
You'll listen until I'm finished.
安吉拉只是个普通的好女人。
Angela was just a nice, normal dame.
她受不了,就像你现在受不了一样。
She couldn't take it any more than you take it now.
卡在她的喉咙里。
Stuck in her throat.
于是,她开车前往洛杉矶。
So, she got in her car and started for Los Angeles.
直到她知道要放弃时,
Only by the time she knew enough to quit,
她知道的太多了,我们不能让她知道。
she knew too much for us to let her.
我们上了一辆大车,开始跟在她后面。
We got in the big car and started after her.
在 Chuckawalla 外的桥上,我们追上了她。
On the bridge outside of Chuckawalla we caught up to her.
都是你的错,是你逼我的。
It was your fault. You made me do it.
当然,我让你做所有的事情。
Sure, I made you do everything.
你连自己的鞋带都系不好。
You couldn't even tie your own shoelaces.
等一下,约翰尼,我不明白。
Wait a minute, Johnny. I don't get it.
我给你画幅画。
I'll draw you a picture.
当我们追上她时,她不肯停下来。
When we caught up to her, she wouldn't stop.
埃迪精神崩溃了,他想让她走。
Eddie went all to pieces. He wanted to let her go.
我告诉他让她停下来,让她离开马路。
I told him to make her stop, to force her off the road.
他失去了勇气,所以我真的告诉了他。
He lost his nerve. So then I really told him.
我说,“转动方向盘!”
I said, "Turn that wheel!"
然后呢?
And then?
他转动了它。
He turned it.
我没有杀她我只是想阻止她。
I didn't kill her. I was only trying to stop her.
这是他的主意,你也听到了。
It was his idea. You heard him say it.
- 我听到了-我没有杀她。
- I heard him. - I didn't kill her.
- 不是我不是他干的-是他干的。
- It wasn't me. No. He did it. - Yes, it was.
但你还是和他在一起。
But, you stayed with him anyway.
- 我必须这么做-没人必须这么做。
- I had to. - Nobody has to do anything.
- 你不明白-是你不明白。
- You don't understand. - It's you who doesn't.
你甚至看不到它,这就是为什么它是如此可怕。
You don't even see it, that's why it's so horrible.
这是我的机会,艾迪,这是我下车的地方。
This is it for me, Eddie. This is where I get off.
- 不不好-不好。
- No, it isn't. - It's no good.
- 从没发生过-是真的发生过。
- It never happened. - Yes, it did happen.
不,我以前从来没有真正♥见♥过你。
No, I never really saw you before as you really are.
是啊,很有趣,不是吗?
Yeah, it's funny, ain't it?
人们认为他们看到了埃迪,这么多年来
People think they're seeing Eddie, and all these years
他们真的看上我了。
they've been really seein' me.
我是 Eddie Bendix。
I'm Eddie Bendix.
为什么女人从来不爱上我?
Why is it women never fall in love with me?
待在这儿。
Stay here.
我早该想到的。
I should have figured this.
这就是这些年来一直困扰你的东西。
That's what's been eating you all these years.
约翰尼: 当她知道足够多的东西可以离开的时候,
Johnny: By the time she knew enough to get out,
她知道的太多了,我们不能让她知道。
she knew too much for us to let her.
我们上了一辆大车,开始跟在她后面。
We got in the big car and started after her.
埃迪从来没有能够支付风笛手。
Eddie had never been able to pay the piper.
我总是为他付钱。
I've always paid for him.
安吉拉只是个普通的好女人。
Angela was just a nice, normal dame.
她再也受不了了,就像你现在受不了一样。
She couldn't take it anymore than you can take it now.
她不能放弃她发现了太多..。
She couldn't quit. She found out too much...
名字,日期,地点,人名。
names, dates, places, people.
像埃迪这样的人是不会坠入爱河的。
Guys like Eddie don't fall in love.
他们爱上了自己的隐私。
They're in love with their own hide.
你说过我可以信任她。
You told me I could trust her.
她是你的妻子,不是吗?
She was your wife, wasn't she?
就像我相信这个孩子一样。
Just like I trust this kid here...
还是我不该这么做?
or shouldn't I?
约翰尼: 埃迪完全崩溃了。
Johnny: Eddie went all to pieces.
失去了勇气。
Lost his nerve.
然后我真的告诉他..。
Then I really told him...
转动方向盘!
Turn that wheel!
我是汉森,快叫救护车
This is Hanson, rush an ambulance
去 Chuckawalla 告诉 Fritzi Halter
to the Chuckawalla bridge, and tell Fritzi Halter
来到这里。
to get down here.
- 你没事吧,宝拉?-是的,是的,我没事。
- You alright, Paula? - Yes, yes, I'm alright.
你最好呆在这儿,宝拉。
Better stay here, Paula.
- 你好 Fritzi-你没事吧?
- Hello, Fritzi. - Are you alright?
是的,我很好。
Yes, I'm alright.
为自己感到骄傲?
Proud of yourself?
没有。
No.
出事前发生了什么? 他离开你了吗?
What happened before the wreck? Did he leave you?
我们离开了彼此。
We left each other.
你不想告诉我吗?
Don't you wanna tell me about it?
我宁愿不要。
I'd rather not.
好的,宝贝。
Alright, baby.
你可以来紫圣餐厅和我一起工作。
You can come and work with me at the Purple Sage.
至少我可以教你怎么赚钱。
The least I can do is teach you how to earn money.
一旦你拥有了它,如何保持它。
How to keep it once you've got it.
以及如何选择一个假冒的。
And how to pick a phony.
不用了谢谢 Fritzi 我不想要。
No, thanks, Fritzi. I don't think I want it.
你还爱着他?
You still in love with him?
没有 Eddie Bendix 这个人。
There's no Eddie Bendix.
从来就没有。
There never was.
我以为是他的东西其实都是 Johnny 的。
Everything I thought was his was really Johnny's.
我总是把它弄反。
I had it backwards all the time.
他死了。
He's dead.
如果你没来的话,可能会是我。
Might have been me if you hadn't come along.
“一根长绳子,”我说。
"A long rope," I said.
差不多太长了。
It's almost too long.
你最好现在就回家,宝贝。
You'd better come home now, baby.
现在不行 Fritzi 拜托。
Not now, Fritzi. Please.
你不会逃跑吧?
You won't run away?
我不会再逃避任何事情了。
I won't run away anymore from anything.
汤姆: 我会带她回家的。
Tom: I'll bring her home.
晚安,汤姆,晚安,宝贝。
Goodnight, Tom. Goodnight, baby.
晚安,妈妈。
Goodnight, mother.
当她想要什么东西的时候总是叫我妈妈。
Always calls me mother when she wants something.
是的,我想让你吻我。
I do. I want you to kiss me.
电影精选列表