最终期限
他们让我当四分卫
[Philip] So they asked me to be quarterback,
但我拒绝了 因为我打防守打得更好
but I said no, 'cause I play better defense.
你打不了防守
You can't play defense.
而且 你也当不好四分卫
Besides, you can't even play quarterback.
你能收声吗?
Would you be quiet?
妈妈 你能叫他闭嘴吗?
Mom, would you tell him to shut up?
好了 孩子们 -他总是在...
Come on, you guys. - He's always interrupting
我说话的时候插嘴 -把你的麦片吃完
...me when I'm saying something. - Finish your cereal.
你会错过巴士的 快点
You're gonna miss your bus, come on.
真是一个明媚而愉快的早晨 不是吗?
Aren't we all bright and cheery this morning?
大家早上好
Morning, everyone.
早上好 爸爸
Morning, Dad.
早上好 爸爸
Morning, Dad.
等等 孩子们
Hold it, boys.
去亲爸爸一下 好吗?
Go give your father a kiss, okay?
祝他今天的演讲能一切顺利
Wish him good luck on his presentation.
不必为这个烦恼
Don't have to fret over it.
再见 大卫 -再见 爸爸
Bye David. - Bye Dad.
菲利普 -祝你好运
Philip. - Good luck.
再见 妈妈 -谢谢你
Bye Mom. - Thank you.
你为什么不能早点告诉我?
Why didn't you tell me sooner?
我希望可以好好准备一下
I wanted to be able to prepare something
这样看上去才不会像个傻瓜
so I wouldn't look like an ass up there.
你介意暂时担任一下爸爸的角色吗?
Would you mind playing daddy for a while?
我得去换衣服然后送她去学校了 好吗?
I gotta go get dressed and take her to school, okay?
没事儿
Not at all.
怎么了吗?
Well what's the matter?
你今早看起来闷闷不乐 谢丽
You look so sad this morning, Cherie.
你的工作太忙了 爸爸
You work too hard, daddy.
爸爸必须得赚钱呀
Well daddy has to make money
为了你和你的哥哥们还有妈妈
for you and your brothers and mommy.
这一点都不好玩
It's no fun.
过来
Come here.
我向你保证等我一写完这个新的故事
Now I promise you that as soon as I finish this new story,
我们就去度一个漫长的美妙假期
that we're all gonna go on a long and wonderful vacation.
我们所有人一起 而且我什么工作也不干了
All of us, and I'm not gonna do any work.
只是玩儿 和你、大卫还有菲利普一起
We're just gonna play, you and David and Philip.
妈妈也去吗?
And mommy?
妈妈当然也要去
Of course mommy.
什么时候?
When?
等爸爸写完这个故事
As soon as daddy's story's done.
可那是什么时候?
But when?
很快 谢丽
Soon, Cherie.
非常快
Very soon.
你保证 爸爸?
Promise, daddy?
我向你保证
I promise you.
来吧 把你的外套穿上
Come on, let's get your coat on.
我回来的时候你应该能准备好出发吧?
Are you gonna be ready to go when I get back?
我只需要几分钟就能换好衣服
It's only gonna take me a few minutes to change.
爸爸再见 祝你好运
Bye daddy, good luck.
咱们走吧 快点儿
Let's go, come on.
知道吗 教育最让人吃惊的就是
You know, the most astonishing thing about education
它在试图使生活变得更有趣的过程中
is how it manages to remain so consistently boring
一以贯之地保持无聊
in its attempt to make life more interesting.
谢谢你 教授
Thank you, Professor. (bell tolling)
这个讽刺可爱极了
That sarcasm is cute.
尤其是从一个
Particularly coming from a woman
差一点连大一英语课都没能通过的
who probably wouldn't have made it
女人嘴里说出来
through freshman English
假如她没有... -假如我没有
if she hadn't... - If I hadn't dropped
每晚都为教授脱掉自己的底裤
my knickers for the Professor every night,
并且整天奉承他是托尔斯泰转世的话对吗?
and told him he was Leo Tolstoy reincarnate all day long?
回答依然这么幼稚兼机智
Same sophomoric repartee.
来杯咖啡吗?
You want a coffee?
只要别让我一口灌下去就行
As long as we don't have to gulp it down.
今天能站在这里 我感到非常荣幸
It gives me great leasure to stand here today
因为我们的这位来宾
because our guest (audience clapping)
既是一名令人尊敬的艺术家也是我们的朋友
is a man I respect both as an artist and as a friend.
我荣幸地向大家介绍 史蒂夫·莱西
I'm proud to say that Steve Lessey
他也曾经是我们教职工中的一员
was once a member of this faculty.
作为一名教授 他深受大家的爱戴
And as a Professor, he was loved and respected.
他非凡的分♥析♥和理解能力
His unusual talent for analysis and understanding
在他的第一本书
is well represented by his first book
所获得的优秀评价中得到了很好的体现
of critical excellence.
史蒂文·莱西从一位名不见经传的教授
Steven Lessey was routed from obscure Professor
变身成为一位作家以及媒体的宠儿
to writer and media darling
得益于他的第一部小说《刽子手》
when his first novel, "The Executioners"
被改编成了一部极具争议的电影
was made into a controversial film.
他后续出版的书和电影都证明
His subsequent books and films proved
莱西先生对惊悚与恐怖的理解
that Mr. Lessey's sense of the horrifying
已经在我们的社会和文化中
and the macabre have made an indelible mark
留下了不可磨灭的印迹
on our society and culture.
在我邀请史蒂夫谈谈他自己以及他的作品之前
Before I ask Steve to talk about himself and his work,
我们先来看一些出自他最新电影的片段
let's watch a sequence from his latest film,
《恐怖解剖》
"Anatomy of a Horror."
怎么又是你
You again.
我说过叫你滚出去了
I thought I told you to get out of here.
快点 走开!
Come on, come on!
我已经叫你滚了!
I thought I told you to get out of here!
快滚!
Get of out of here!
走 走啊!
Get on, go!
它到底是从哪儿来的?
Where the hell does it come from?
喂 怎么回事...
Hey, what the...
喂!
Hey!
上面怎么了?
What's going on up there?
有人在上面吗?
Is somebody up there?
喂!
Hey!
搞什么鬼?
What the hell?
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
让我们有请这段令人惊叹的影片的创作者
may I present the creator of that amazing sequence,
史蒂文·莱西先生
Mr. Steven Lessey.
史蒂夫 在你开始你的讲话之前
Steve, before you have your say,
我想先赠予你这块纪念奖牌
I'd just like to present you with this plaque.
一是为了纪念你的来访
Both to commemorate your appearance here,
同时也是对你作品的嘉奖
and in appreciation of your work.
这是由电影研究学院的
It was voted to you by the faculty
全体教职工以及所有研究生和本科生一起
of the graduate and undergraduate
集体投票决定的
cinema studies department.
谢谢你史蒂夫 做得好
Thank you Steve for a job well done.
首先 我要感谢大家授予我这个奖牌
First, I would like to thank you for this award.
这对我来说意义重大
Coming from you, this means a lot to me.
我必须得承认
I must admit that
写出这些小说以及他们后续的电影剧本
writing my novels and their subsequent film scripts
都是源于...
is the result...
...大家注意 优秀的文学作品
...all of you that good literature is simply
就是对熟悉事物的观察与理解
insight into the familiar.
最优秀的那些书就像打开通往灵魂之门的钥匙
The best book functions like a key to the soul.
我的灵魂 还有你们自己的
My soul and your soul.
难道不是吗 小姐...
Isn't that right, miss...
拉姆斯顿
Ramston.
伊丽莎白·拉姆斯顿
Elizabeth Ramston.
你同意吗 伊丽莎白?
Do you agree, Elizabeth?
是的 莱西博士
Yes, Dr. Lessey.
去实验各种体裁
Experiment with the genre.
我的第一本书叫作《刽子手》
My first book was called "The Executioners."
它给我提供了一个批判
It represented for me an opportunity to comment
这个令人生厌的
on what I believed to be the distasteful
腐♥败♥社会的机会
corruption of our society.
行刑的隐喻在我们的生活中占有很重要的位置
The metaphor of execution is primary to our lives.
我们都在经历死亡或者说
电影精选列表