好了,我们正式进入了。
Okay, we're officially, officially trespassing.
它很好。
It's fine.
哇。
Wow.
看看这些书。
Look at all these books.
哦!哦!
Oh! Oh!
啊哦!我们不是熊!
Uh-oh! We're not bears!
我们不是熊!
We're not bears!
你没看到那些标志吗?
Didn't you see the signs?
我不能忍♥受不识字的人。
I can't stand people who can't read.
我是露西·斯坦布里奇,来自斯坦布里奇出版社。
I'm Lucy Stanbridge, from Stanbridge Publishing.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
这是瑞秋。
This is Rachel.
很抱歉打扰您。
We're so sorry to disturb you.
我喜欢你把这地方弄成这样。
Love what you've done with the place.
它很好。
It's nice.
那是一根漂亮的手杖。
That's a beautiful cane.
那是什么木材?
What kind of wood is that?
蓝鲸的迪克。
Blue whale's dick.
嗯。
Hmm.
哇。
Wow.
你是乔的女儿。
You're Joe's daughter.
是的。我是露西。
Yes. I'm Lucy.
那个贪赃枉法的老饭桶怎么样了?
How is that venal, toughy-nosed old git?
嗯,他……不是,嗯……不是什么?
Um, he's... not, um... Not what?
他把公♥司♥留给了我。
He left the company to me.
他把公♥司♥留给你了?
He left the company to you?
是的,我就是这么说的。
Yeah, that's what I said.
乔对你评价很高,我想说,《原子之秋》,哇,那本小说…我听说你母亲上吊自杀了。
Joe spoke very highly of you, and can I just say, "Atomic Autumn ," wow, that novel is... I heard your mother hung herself.
她患有抑郁症。
She suffered from depression.
我的支票在哪里?
Where's my check?
检查什么?
What check?
你换一笔钱的那张纸,就是《原子之秋》再版的价格。
The piece of paper that you change for a sum of money, the price of the reprint of "Atomic Autumn."
不,我们不是为这个来的,肖先生。
Yeah, no, that's not why we're here, Mr. Shaw.
那你♥他♥妈♥为什么要来?
Then why the bloody hell are you?
好问题。
Good question.
我们斯坦布里奇出版社想知道你是否在研究新的东西。
We at Stanbridge Publishing were wondering if you're working on anything new.
这个世界不需要我的任何新东西。
The world doesn't need anything new from me.
很荣幸见到你,肖先生。
It's been a real pleasure, Mr. Shaw.
不,我们还没说完。相反。
No, we're not done yet. On the contrary.
我想这个世界已经准备好接受你的新词汇了。
I think the world is ready for new words by you.
特别是Stanbridge出版。
Specifically Stanbridge Publishing.
瑞秋,合同。
Rachel, contract.
我知道这是很久以前的事了。
Now, I know this is from a long time ago.
如果你看这里,我相信这是你的签名。
If you look here... I believe that is your signature.
-是的。——是的。
- Yeah. - Yes.
如你所见,你欠我们一本书。
So as you can see, you owe us a book.
这些架子上有没有积满灰尘的手稿?
Got any manuscripts collecting dust on any of these shelves?
来吧。
Come on.
有什么要给我看的吗?
Anything you want to show me?
我知道我爸爸是你唯一合作过的编辑,但如果我能为你和《原子之秋》做我爸爸的十分之一那我也能帮你拿到十分之一的普利策奖,对吧?
I know my dad is the only editor you've ever worked with, but... I mean, if I could do a tenth of what my dad did for you and "Atomic Autumn," then I would have gotten you a tenth of the way to a Pulitzer, right?
哇。
Whoa.
从根到果实。
From the root to the fruit.
-你觉得那把枪上了膛?-我觉得那根手杖真的…
- You think that gun was loaded? - Think that cane was really...
可能。
Probably.
我按照自己的规则和标准过着自己想要的生活。
I live my life exactly as I want to by my own rules and own standards.
是的,我一直对写作很感兴趣。
Yeah, I've always been very interested in writing.
我记得当我还是个孩子的时候,我总是读关于大家族和大宅的书。
And I remember when I was a boy, I always read books about great families and houses.
但是是……我是说,这就是你的床单角度,不是吗?
But is that... I mean, that's really your sheet angle, isn't it?
我的妻子伊丽莎白是我巨大的支柱,是我的整个生活。
My wife Elizabeth is a tremendous anchor for me, is my whole life.
你们有一个共同点就是你们都有一大笔钱…我是说,你觉得你值得吗?
Well, the one thing you've both got in common is extraordinary amounts of money that both of you... I mean, do you think that you're worth it?
我记得当我离开学校的时候,每个人都有一份固定的工作,我知道他们会过上好日子。
I remember when I left school, everybody went into a regular job, and I knew they were gonna get a good living all their lives.
而我可能一辈子都身无分文。
Whereas I could have been penniless my entire life.
我拿钱是赌的。
And I was paid on a gamble.
“混♥蛋♥。
"Asshole.
去你♥妈♥的♥。去你♥妈♥的♥。去你♥妈♥的♥。去你♥妈♥的♥。去你♥妈♥的♥。”
Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you."
我真为你高兴,露丝。
I'm really happy for you, Luce.
我是。这对我们俩都很好。
I am. It's a great deal for both of us.
杰克是正确的。我们买♥♥得很便宜。
Jack's right. We got a good deal here.
对不起,出版社的名字还是原封不动的。
Sorry, the name of the publishing house still stays intact.
当然可以。当然可以。
Of course. Of course.
-倒数六。——当然。是的。
- Bottom of six. - Absolutely. Yeah.
-你在干什么?——滚蛋。
- What are you doing? - Sod off.
笨蛋。
Moron.
你打断了我,伙计。
You cut me off, man.
移♥动♥你的车!
Move your car!
你♥他♥妈♥挡道了。
You're in the fucking way.
-别他妈挡道。-我的天啊。
- Get the fuck out of the way. - Oh, my God.
露西,我真的不想让你来这里。
Lucy, I'm really not out to get you here.
信不信由你,我其实是想帮忙。
Believe it or not, I'm actually trying to help.
我把我的目录卖♥♥给你,你却想帮我,杰克?这是怎么回事?
I am selling you my catalogue, and you're trying to help me, Jack? How is that?
我提出要保留你父亲的遗产。
I'm offering to keep your father's legacy intact.
他的遗产完好无损。
His legacy is intact.
当然是。当然可以。
Of course it is. Of course.
大便。
Shit.
你觉得他应该把公♥司♥给你吗?
You think he should have given the company to you?
我…我说过吗?我可没那么说过。
I... Did I say that? I never said that.
-你没必要说出来。-另一方面,他总是称我为他从未有过的儿子,所以…-你不是我的家人-不,那是真的。
- You don't have to say it. - He, on the other hand, always called me the son he never had, so... - You weren't family. - No, that's true.
但我已经很接近了,不是吗?
But I came pretty close, though, didn't I?
不用麻烦了。我知道路。
Don't bother. I know the way.
天呐
Holy shit.
你的一磅肉,银勺子。
Your pound of flesh, silver spoon.
你想抬高价格,是这样吗?
You trying to drive up the price, is that what this is?
一本新的肖的书确实增加了目录的价值。
Well, a new Shaw book does add value to the catalogue.
很好。给我一个号♥码。
Fine. Shoot me a number.
-已经没有号♥码了。-不不不不
- There's no longer a number. - No, no, no, no.
有发行成本,有营销成本。
There's publishing, there's marketing costs.
你还没准备好处理这件事。
You're not equipped to handle this.
这不关你的事,对吧?
That's none of your business, is it?
他最多有一群狂热的追随者。
He's got a cult following at best.
海明威有一群狂热的追随者。
Hemingway had a cult following.
海明威让马克斯·珀金斯来编辑他。
Yeah, Hemingway had Max Perkins to edit him.
你这是什么意思?
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
露西,是现实的。
Lucy, be realistic.
你父亲塑造了“原子之秋”
Your father shaped "Atomic Autumn"
成为畅销书。
into a best seller.
谁来编辑这个?你吗?
Who's going to edit this one? You?
“未来是x级的。”
"The Future Is X-Rated."
听起来像是八十年代的东西。
It sounds like something from the '80s.
你怎么知道它好不好?
How do you know if it's any good?
如果我爸信任他,我也会信任他。
If my dad believed in him, I believe in him.
天气不错吧?
Nice weather we're having, huh?
每天都一样,所以…
Very much the same every day, so...
每一天,……同样的天气。
Every day, same... Same weather.
你已经无法理解了。
You are in over your head.
-你在说什么?-孩子…给我买♥♥尊尼获加黑牌。
- What are you talking about? - Kid... get me a Johnnie Walker Black Label.
呃,好吧。
Uh, okay.
这不是什么无聊的青少年小说。
It's not some silly YA novel.
这不是你能胜任的。你我都知道。
It's out of your league. You know it and I know it.
我们有黑牌的吗?
Do we have any Black Label?
出去。
Get out.
现在。
Now.
让这个地方在地图上出名的作家就是要把它擦得干干净净的人。
It's fitting that the writer who put this place on the map is the man who's going to wipe it clear off.
菲尔,我们要发表这份手稿,好吗?
Phil, we are publishing this manuscript, okay?
嗯,他是对的。
Well, he's right.
你连出版费用都负担不起,更别提预付已经到货的书了。
You can't afford the publishing costs, let alone the advances on the books already coming in.
那我们就借吧。
Well, then we will borrow it.
银行不会再借钱给你了,即使有这个。
The banks aren't going to lend you any more, not even with this.
那就从我的信托基金里转过来。
Then transfer it from my trust.
露西,信任是为了照顾你。
Lucy, that trust was meant to look after you.
我本来是要照看出版社的。
And I was meant to look after the publishing house.
电影精选列表