他死了。拍拍屁♥股♥走人!
He's dead. Bugger off!
哦,他妈的。
Oh, fuck.
好吧,让我们听听。
All right, let's hear it.
好吧,嗯……《猎户座之龙》无聊又荒谬,老实说,它可能只适合监狱图书馆作为额外的惩罚形式。
Okay, um... "'Dragons of Orion' is boring, absurd, "and, frankly, it may only be fit for a prison library "as an added form of punishment.
"这是j。f。斯坦布里奇出版社"连续第三次发布了低于标准的版本"
"This is the third subpar release in a row "from the once renowned publishing house "of J.F. Stanbridge.
很难判断,露西·斯坦布里奇是在“试图与系列文学作品划清界限”,让这所房♥子变得有意义,还是她根本无法胜任这份工作。
"It's difficult to tell if Lucy Stanbridge "is trying to distance herself from the series literary fare "that made the house relevant, "or if she's simply not up to the task.
“也许是时候放弃了,露茜。
"Perhaps it's time to give it up, Lucy.
“你显然没有继承你父亲培养电视剧素材的天赋。”
"You clearly didn't inherit your father's golden touch for nurturing series material."
他知道些什么?什么都没有。
What does he know? Nothing.
年轻人不读《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》。
Young adults don't read "The Times."
我的意思是……年轻人不读《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》。
I mean... Young adults do not read "The Times."
不,不是《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》。"
No, not "The Times."
什么?
What?
《猎户座的龙》是愚蠢的。
"Dragons of Orion" is dumb.
全部大写,“哑巴”。
All caps, "dumb."
它试图成为哈利波特,但它甚至不坏的暮光之城。
It's trying to be Harry Potter, but it's not even a bad "Twilight."
-那是谁?-特蕾西的读书俱乐部
- Who is that? - Tracy's book club.
她有400多万粉丝。
She has over four million followers.
但说真的,谁会写这个?
But seriously, who would write this?
我宁愿饿死也不愿再读这一页——吃脑子……——哦,大便。
I'd rather just starve than read another page of this - brain-sucking... - Oh, shit.
一本书折磨心灵。
Mind torture of a book.
我得离开这里。
I have to get out of here.
你是最好的。
You're the best.
你是最棒的,孩子。
You're the best, kiddo.
你是最好的。
You're the best.
大便。
Shit.
啊。
Ugh.
瑞秋,我们需要自己的德鲁·戴维斯。
Rachel, we need our own Drew Davis.
我们需要看看内部。
We need to look within.
这不是对大脑的折磨。
This is not brain-sucking mind torture.
烧掉。我们需要相关的作家让我们再次成为相关人物,好吗?
Burn it. We need relevant writers that can make us relevant again, okay?
我们有哪些人选?
Who do we have in the pipeline?
莉莉·达尔,明年春天。
Lily Dahl, next spring.
库爱她。书店就没那么多了。
Libraries love her. Bookstores, not so much.
——马里奥Actavio。——马里奥Actavio。是的。
- Mario Actavio. - Mario Actavio. Yeah.
我们需要卖♥♥到拉丁美洲以外的书。
We need books that sell outside of Latin America, please.
亨利Dudston。
Henry Dudston.
我拿到了他的前三章。
Yeah, you know, I got his first three chapters.
这是难以理解的。我想他又在吸毒了。
It's incomprehensible. I think he's using again.
-那是管道。-那就是管道?
- That's the pipeline. - That's the pipeline?
其他人要么死了,要么买♥♥不起。
Everyone else is dead or unaffordable.
真的吗?嗯哼…有没有人…我不知道,有没有死人能让我们复活?
Really? Ahem... Is there anyone, um... I don't know, is there anyone dead we can revive?
也许是地下室里的手稿之类的?
Maybe a manuscript in the basement or something?
也许,但毫无意义。
Maybe, but pointless.
-他还没死——谁?
- And he's not dead. - Who?
哈里斯肖。
Harris Shaw.
真的吗?我以为他已经死了。
Really? I thought he was dead.
自从你♥爸♥爸出版后就没人听说过他了。
Well, no one has heard of him since your dad published him.
他的进步是什么?
What's his advance?
很可能是在70年代协商的,所以我想应该比较小。
It was likely negotiated in the '70s, so I'd imagine it's relatively small.
让我们看看他的合同。
Let's look up his contract.
等等,不过,露西…什么?
Wait, still, Lucy... What?
自从《原子之秋》之后他就没写过任何东西
He hasn't written anything since "Atomic Autumn."
所以呢?
So?
事实上,这是他写过的所有东西,而且那是将近50年前的事了。
Actually, it's all he's ever written, and that was almost 50 years ago.
太好了。这意味着他有很多时间想出新的东西,对吗?
Great. That means that he's had a lot of time to come up with something new, right?
让我们做它。
Let's do it.
我是说,他可能已经死了。
I mean, he could be dead, actually.
好吧,我疯了吗?告诉我我没看错。
Okay, am I crazy? Tell me I'm reading that right.
嗯…预付了两万五千美元,看起来已经付了。
Um... a $25,000 advance, and it looks like it was already paid.
也就是说他欠我们一本书,对吧?
That means he owes us a book, right?
——没有。-他欠我们的…——我的意思是……-我的天啊。
- No. - He owes us... - I mean... - Oh, my God.
我不会…哈里斯·肖欠我们一本书。
I wouldn't... Harris Shaw owes us a goddamn book.
-哇,哇,哇。-哦,是的。
- Whoa, whoa, whoa. - Oh, yes.
这正是我们所需要的。…这可以挽救房♥子。
This is exactly what we need. This... This could... This could save the house.
等一等。等等,还有呢。
Hold on. Hold on, there's more.
——还有更多。有更多的。——什么?我知道它。
- There's more. There's more. - What? I knew it.
——两本书。——哈。
- Two books. - Ha.
传奇人物哈里斯·肖欠我们一本书。
The legendary Harris Shaw owes us a book.
好了,停止喃喃自语。
Okay, stop mumbling.
-大声说出来。出去,出去了。不会有任何改动。
- Say it out loud. Out, out. - There will be no edits.
作者提交的草稿将不会有任何编辑或修订。
There will be no edits or revisions to the draft submitted by the author.
——嗯…——什么?
- Uh... - What?
是的。作为交换,作者必须按照出版商的要求宣传这本书。
Yeah. In exchange, the author must promote the book in accordance with the publisher's request.
让我看看。我父亲为什么会同意?
Let me see that. Why would my father agree to this?
我们还是忘了这事吧去做更现实的事,好吗?
Let's just forget about it and move on to something more realistic, okay?
好吧,没关系。哈里斯·肖是个传奇……-他是个酒鬼,是个隐士。-他是一个抓住…他是个疯子,好吗?
Well, doesn't matter. Harris Shaw is a legend... - He's a drunk, he's a recluse. - He is someone that captures... He's a madman, okay?
你知道他有一次枪杀了他的助手吗?
You know that story about he shot his assistant once...?
让我们再试一次。
Let's try again.
真的吗?我是说,他可能…-是什么?——好的。
Really? I mean, he's probably... - What was it? - Okay.
9-1-4……我很抱歉,亲爱的。
9-1-4... I'm sorry, darling.
你知道吗?
You know?
我就知道这是愚蠢的,愚蠢的,垃圾的。
I knew it was stupid and foolish and rubbishy.
你知道该死的电♥话♥。
You know bloody telephones.
电♥话♥就是扯淡,不是吗?
Telephones are bullshite, aren't they?
嘿。
Hey.
Bullshite。
Bullshite.
这是疯狂的。
This is crazy.
我们都不知道他是否还住在韦斯切斯特。
We don't even know if he lives in Westchester anymore.
嗯,我不知道。我想我们会找到答案的。
Well, I don't know. I guess we'll find out.
你知道他离开英国是为了逃税吗?
Did you know he left Britain to evade taxes?
是啊,很多名人都这么做。
Yeah, a lot of famous people do that.
他因行为不检被赶出爱尔兰。
And he was thrown out of Ireland for disorderly behavior.
所以呢?他固执己见。
So? He's opinionated.
爱尔兰,露西。
Ireland, Lucy.
他们发明了无序行为。
They invented disorderly behavior.
又来了。
And here we go again.
他射杀了他的上一个助手,因为他把他当成了熊。
He shot his last assistant because he mistook him for a bear.
-我才不信呢-这怎么可能?
- Oh, I don't believe that. - How is that even possible?
我不相信……你不能相信他们在那些网站上发布的所有东西?
I don't believe... You can't believe everything they put on those websites, okay?
任何人都能写出那样的东西。这是小说。
Anyone can write that stuff. It's fiction.
-他们为此上了法庭。-我不相信。
- They went to court for it. - I don't believe it.
不可能。他没有向任何人开枪。
No way. He didn't shoot anyone.
我们就完蛋了。
We're screwed.
好了,就这样。
Okay, this is it.
1♥8♥9♥.
1♥8♥9♥.
神圣的停车罚单。
Holy parking tickets.
“滚蛋”。
"Piss off."
-是的。——嗯。
- Yeah. - Hmm.
嗯,开车很愉快。
Well, it was a lovely drive.
我们走吧。
Let's go.
哦,来吧。那可能是个玩笑。
Oh, come on. That's probably a joke.
…看起来很严重。
Mm... looks pretty serious.
我们绕到后面去。
Let's go around back.
来吧。来吧。
Come on. Come on.
我觉得"滚蛋"是指整个庄园。
See, I think "piss off" pertains to the whole property.
我们只是来看看他,好吗?
We're just checking on him, okay?
也许他需要我们的帮助。
Maybe he needs our help.
你不知道。
You don't know.
这里有很多邻居。
A lot of neighbors here.
露西!
Lucy!
你正式侵入。
You're officially trespassing.
瑞秋,我不在乎,好吗?
Rachel, I don't care, okay?
我们需要这个,好吗?
We need this, all right?
很好。很好。
Fine. Fine.
可能死了。
Probably dead.
在摇椅里做成了木乃伊。
Mummified in some rocking chair.
——露西!-这是一次冒险,对吧?
- Lucy! - It's an adventure, right?
“滚蛋”。上面写着,滚开。"
"Piss off." It says, "piss off."
肖先生吗?
Mr. Shaw?
电影精选列表