但是我们绝对不会屈服
if we really want in!
只要我们有信,。
Who wants to live?
谁想要活?
We do!
我们都想活!
那就尽全力用力划吧!
Then pull your oars! Let's see you do it!
为了贝武夫!
For Beowulf!
For gold!
为了黄金!
For glory!
为了荣耀!
Heave! Heave!
用力划…
用力划…
用力划…
Heave! Heave!
用力划…
Beowulf.
贝武夫
且慢!
Hold fast!
不用
No.
你们是什么人?
看起来像是战士
Who are you? From your dress, you are warriors.
快说,不然我就刺死你
Speak! Why should I not run you through right now?
我们是耶阿特人
We are Geats.
我是贝武夫,艾齐索之子
I am Beowulf, son of Ecgtheow.
我们前来与赫罗斯加王为友
We come seeking your Prince Hrothgar in friendship.
听说这里有怪兽
They say you have a monster here?
他们说你们的王国受到诅咒
They say your lands are cursed.
他们这样说吗?
Is that what they say?
Bards sing of Hrothgar's shame
哈游诗人从北海传诵到文兰
from the frozen North to the shores of Vinland.
遭受恶魔诅咒并非羞辱
There's no shame to be accursed by demons!
I am Beowulf! And I am here to kill your monster.
我是贝武夫,来杀死这只怪兽
我以为没有英雄
I thought there were no more heroes foolish enough
敢来为黄金而死
to come around here and die for our gold.
就算我们死
If we die, it'll be for glory, not for gold.
也是为了荣耀,不是为了黄金
王上?王上?
My Lord?
耶阿特战士在外面
My Lord? There are warriors outside. Geats.
他们并非乞丐,主子贝武夫是…
But they are no beggars,
and their leader Beowulf is an imposing...
贝武夫?艾齐索的儿子?
Beowulf? Ecgtheow's little boy?
贝武夫,他在哪里?
Beowulf. Where is he? Where?
There you are. Beowulf, welcome, my boy.
你在这里,欢迎,贝武夫
欢迎,令尊好吗?
Welcome. Yes. How's your father?
他死了
Dead.
两个冬天前死于一场海战
Died in battle with sea-raiders two winters back.
他是一名勇士
Well, he was a brave man.
你为何横越北海来到丹麦?
May I ask why you have come to us from across the sea?
我来杀死那只怪兽
I've come to kill your monster.
顺便痛饮远近驰名的峰蜜酒
And to taste that famous mead of yours.
许多勇士前来痛饮王上的峰蜜酒
There have been many brave men who have come to taste my Lord's mead
他们也发誓消除我们的恶梦
and many who have sworn to rid his hall of our nightmare.
但是隔天一早他们全都消失
But in the morning, there was nothing left of any of them
只在地上、长凳和墙上…
but blood to be cleaned from the floor
洒下一滩一滩鲜血
and the benches, and the walls.
我连蜂蜜酒都还没有喝呢
I have drunk nothing, yet.
但是我会杀死这只怪兽
But I will kill your monster.
他会杀死怪兽,听到了吗?
格兰德尔死定了
He will kill the monster. Did you hear that? Grendel will die.
一格兰德尔?
一那只怪兽叫格兰德尔
-Grendel? -Yeah, the monster is called Grendel.
那么我将杀死格兰德尔
Then I will kill your Grendel.
我曾在奥克尼岛纤灭巨人族
I, Beowulf, killed a tribe of giants on the Orkneys,
徒手敲碎海蛇的头骨
crushed the skulls of sea-serpents,
and this troll of yours will trouble you no more.
这只怪兽对我来说是小事一件
我就知道大海会带来英雄
A hero! A hero! I knew the sea would bring us a hero!
你将前往沼地,洞穴旁的黑潭
So will you go up to the moors, to the dark pool by the cave
and kill the monster in its den?
在怪兽的兽穴杀死他?
我带来十四名勇士
横越北海让我们筋疲力尽
I have 14 brave thanes with me. We have been long at sea.
赫罗斯加王,请打开酒香扑鼻…
It is high time, mighty Hrothgar, to break open your golden mead
远近,驰名的峰蜜酒
famed across the world
在您传奇的希欧洛特殿狂欢作乐
and to feast in your legendary mead hall.
王上下令关闭希欧洛特殿
The mead hall has been sealed by his Lord's order.
Merrymaking in the hall brings the devil, Grendel.
狂欢作乐会把恶魔格兰德尔引来
原来如此
Well, then.
打开希欧洛特殿!让我们痛饮!
Open the mead hall! Let's drink!
不要招惹本地人
We don't want any trouble with the locals.
杭修,至少假装你听见我的话
Hondshew, make me feel you're pretending to listen to me.
你才和老婆分闲五天而已
It's only been five days since you waved your wife goodbye.
五天?
老天爷,怪不得我欲♥火♥焚身
Five days? In the name of Odin, no wonder my loins are burning!
贝武夫,你在这里啊
Beowulf, there you are.
我想起令尊,他是伟大的勇士
I was thinking about your father. Great man.
他徒手杀死一名韦弗林人
因此离乡背井来到丹麦
He was fleeing the Wulfings
and he'd killed one of them with his bare hands.
一席斯洛夫
一没错,他被令尊杀死
-Heatholaf. -That's it, yeah. That's right.
我替令尊支付赔偿金
于是他发誓效忠于我
I paid the blood debt for your father, and he swore his oath to me.
我救他一命,你要来救我们
是吗?
So I saved his skin, and you're here to save ours, that right?
大家敬伟大的贝武夫
All hail the great Beowulf,
他要拯救可怜的丹麦人,是吗?
come to save our pathetic Danish skins, eh?
我们该对伟大的贝武夫成激涕零
And we are so damned grateful, mighty Beowulf.
但是
But can I ask a question, as a huge admirer of yours?
身为超级仰慕者
我想问个问题
我听说有另一个贝武夫
There was another Beowulf I heard tell of
在汪♥洋♥大海和布列克进行泳赛
who challenged Brecca the Mighty to a swimming race out on the open sea.
那是你吗?
Was that you?
我是和布列克比过赛
I swam against Brecca.
老实说,我以为那是另一个人
Because I thought it had to be a different Beowulf,
他只是和你同名
someone else of the same name.
因为我听说的那个贝武夫
Because, you see, the Beowulf I heard of
在大海上输给了布列克
swam against Brecca and lost.
他为了无聊的虚荣和自尊
He risked his life and Brecca's
危害自己和布列克的生命
to serve his own vanity and pride.
他是个自大狂
A boastful fool.
也是个输家
And he lost!
所以我认为那个人应该不是你
So I thought it had to be someone else.
我的确和布列克进行泳赛
I swam against Brecca.
但是赢家是他,不是你
But victory was his, not yours.
伟大的勇士连泳赛都赢不了
A mighty warrior who cannot even win a swimming match!
这只是我小小的见解
Speaking only for myself here,
但是我不但怀疑你
not only do I doubt that you will be able to stand for a moment
杀不了怪兽
against Grendel,
我也怀疑你敢在这里待一整夜
I doubt that you will even have the belly to stay in the hall all night.
我和一个酒鬼没什么好说的
I find it difficult to argue with a drunk.
不过他说的没错,我是输了泳赛
But it's true, I did not win the race.
我们齐头并进游了五天五夜
We swam for five days, neck and neck.
I was conserving my strength for the final stretch
我刻意保留体力做最复的冲刺
这时大海却掀起暴风雨
when this storm blew up
海怪也跟着而来
and with it came sea monsters.
海怪不停地向我攻击
Again and again, the monsters attacked!
Dark things from the sea's depths.
他们是来自深海的恶魔
我用剑砍杀这些可怕的海怪
I hacked and I lashed at these foul beasts with my sword,
他们的内脏掉进大海
spilling their guts into the sea.
贝武夫!
Beowulf!
Then one of them seized me by its jaws
然复其中一只突然哎住我
把我拖到大海深处
and dragged me to the bottom.
I killed the monster with my own blade
我用我的剑用力刺向他
直接命中他的,。脏
and I plunged it into its heart.
是哦,原来你碰到海怪
Yes, of course. The sea monsters.
你一共杀了几只?二十只?
And you killed, what was it? 20?
九只
Nine.
上次说是三只
Last time it were three.
But would you do me the honor of telling me your name?
请你说出你的名字
我是昂佛,伊葛拉夫之子
I am Unferth, son of Ecglaf.
昂佛,伊葛拉夫之子
Unferth, son of Ecglaf.
我知道你是谁
I know who you are.
听说你杀死你的两兄弟
They say you killed both your brothers