Your whole life can change in a second.
你的生活马上就会改变
And you never even know when it's coming.
而你甚至不知它何时来临
Before you think you know what kind of world this is.
此前,你以为自已知道 这个世界是什么样
And after everything is different for you.
之后,你的一切都将不一样
Not bad maybe, not always. But different.
也许不错,也不一定 但总有改变
Forever.
永远
I didn't use to know that.
我以前并不知道
Until the day it happened to my family.
直到它在我家发生那一天
I didn't even know there could be such a thing as after.
我甚至不知后来会 有这种事情
I didn't know that for us...
我不知我们以前的一切.
before was already over.
已经结束了
T.J., this won't hurt, I promise. This is my special boo-boo light.
T.J.,不疼的,我保证. 这是我特制的照明灯
It's magic. Did you ever see a magic boo-boo light before?
这是魔术. 你以前见过魔术灯吗?
He had no business being on his brother's sled.
他在哥哥的雪撬上不知所措
- Darn thing's bigger than he is. - You're needed downstairs.
-那东西比他还大 -楼下有人找你
T.J.'s a lucky boy, Mrs. Foley, but I'd keep an eye on him.
T.J.是个幸运的孩子 富利太太.但我会看着他
If he complains of nausea or dizziness
如果他头晕或作呕
or if he seems drowsier than normal, give me a call.
或者比平常爱瞌睡 就给我打电♥话♥
That's not magic, that's just a flashlight.
那不是魔术,只是手电筒
Oh, yeah? Here, blow.
是吗?这里,用力吹
See you later.
待会见
She's gone, Trygve.
她死了,特里
- No, there's still a chance. Give me that. - Trygve, she's gone.
-还有一线生机 -特里,她死了
She wasn't gonna make it anyway.
她怎么也活不过来了
We did our best. Break it down. - What happened?
-我们已经尽力了 -怎么回事?
Some bastard clobbered her up near Poor Farm Road and left her there.
坏蛋在农场路附近殴打她 把她丢在那里
She was lying in the snow by the pond.
她躺在池塘边的雪地上
Do we know who this is?
知道这是谁吗?
Martha Taverner.
马莎
Martha Taverner. Oh... I've met her.
马莎.噢...我见过她
I even treated her once I think, when you were on vacation, Trygve.
我还治疗过她一次.我想 当时你在休假,特里
He's still out there, whoever did this. Could be anywhere.
不管这是谁干的,他还在 那里.可能躲在什么地方了
Hey, Dad, three ounces ground cumin seed?
爸爸.要一点孜然吗?
Yuck. What's cumin seed?
讨厌.香料是什么?
that is absolutely the most crucial, fantastic,
那一定是最重要,最奇异的
top-secret ingredient of my entire chili.
是我整个辣椒配料里的绝密
Hi, Mom.
嗨,妈妈
Hi.
嗨
Jacob!
雅格布!
Jake's parking is getting sloppier than ever.
那家伙的车♥库♥越来越邋遢了
Man.
伙计
There's cars all over the place.
一辆车子就把里面挤满了
Ben, I swear I could hardly get mine in the garage.
本,我肯定挤不进那车♥库♥
Parking it right would feel too much like work.
要把车停在里面真的很费劲
Let me have some.
给我一点
Hey, you're trembling.
你在颤抖
I'm just cold.
我很冷
- Dad, the stove's freaking out. - In a minute.
-爸爸,炉子要灭了-等等
Carolyn, what...
卡罗琳,怎么.
We had an event at the hospital today.
今天医院里出了事
Event?
出事?
Dad, come quick!
爸爸,快来!
- Fred! - Dr. Ryan.
-弗莱德! -莱恩医生
You haven't called me doctor since we first moved up here.
我们搬来这里后 你从不叫我医生
Hi, Mom.
嗨,妈妈
Chief, why the uniform today? What's up?
头儿,今天怎么穿着制♥服♥? 怎么回事?
Uh, sorry to barge in on you like this right here at suppertime.
抱歉在晚饭时间 这样打扰你们
Get you something, Fran? A beer if you're not on duty?
要吃点吗,弗兰?如果 你不用上班,可以喝点酒
No, that's okay, thanks. Umm...
不,这样挺好,谢了
Is Jacob around?
雅格布在吗?
He's up in his room, I guess, with those damn headphones on.
我想他在房♥间里 带着该死的耳机
You didn't see him come in? - I was in the studio.
-你没见他进来吗? -我当时在工作室里
You need him for something? Do you want us to get him?
你有事找他吗? 要我们去叫他吗?
I'll go.
我去吧
Yeah, go on, hon.
去吧,宝贝
Is there something wrong?
有什么不妥吗?
Okay, uh...
其实,呃..
Something happened out on Poor Farm Road today, something bad.
今天在农场路发生了惨剧
A girl got herself killed.
一个女孩被杀了
I know, I saw her.
我知道.我看到她了
What?
什么?
We had her in ER, beyond saving. I mean, it was... awful.
我们把她送到急救室,但救不了她. 我想,那...太可怕了
That's what I was gonna tell you when I came in.
我进来时就想告诉你
- God, I'm sorry. - What does that have to do with Jacob?
-对不起 -那与雅格布有何关联?
I don't want to have to tell you this, I really don't.
我真不想这样跟你说
Jacob was seen with the girl. He picked her up from work.
有人看到雅格布和 那女孩一起.他接她下班了
She works down at Jacey's after school, making ice cream cones.
她放学后在雪糕店做兼♥职♥
He came by in his car and they went off together like they been doin'.
他开车来接她,然后 一起离开,就像往常一样
As far as we know right now, he was the last person with her.
据我们所知 他是最后和她一起的人
Are you saying Jacob was dating that girl, Martha Taverner?
你是指雅格布 在和那女孩恋爱吗?
No, what he's saying is...
不,他是指.
He's standing here in our kitchen, saying that he thinks our son was...
他站在我们厨房♥里 说他认为我们的儿子.
- For crying out loud, Fran. - Ben, hey, hey.
-别瞎说,弗兰 -阿本,别这样
Let's not jump the gun. I just need to talk to him.
我们别言之过早 我只想跟他谈谈
Jacob!
雅格布!
- He's not up there. I looked all over. - That's crazy.
-他不在楼上.我找遍了 -疯了
His car's in the garage. I just saw it.
他的车在车♥库♥里 我刚才看到的
Do you have a spare set of keys for the car?
你有那车子的后备钥匙吗?
- Yeah, I think. - Daddy!
-应该有-爸爸!
Something's happened but there's been a misunderstanding.
出事了,但其实有些误会
We'll explain later, okay?
我们以后再解释,好吗?
- Wait a minute, you can't do this. - Do what?
-等等.你不能这样做 -做什么?
You can't go snooping around in someone else's car.
你不能乱碰别人的车
Legally, that's my car. You do not have a search warrant.
从法律上说,那是我的车. 你没有搜查令
Wait, I'm sure there's some very simple explanation for all of this.
等等.这件事一定 有非常简单的解释
Jacob and the Taverner girl must have separated somehow
在发生惨剧以前 雅格布和那女孩.
before this even happened. Maybe he just dropped her off somewhere.
一定已经分开了. 也许他让她下车了
Maybe she got out of the car, walked away. There's a thousand different...
也许她下车走了. 有很多解释.
Fran, how do we know he's all right?
弗兰,我们怎么 知道他没事?
Maybe some madman did something to both of them.
也许有人把他俩一起揍了
Maybe Jacob's hurt or he's kidnapped.
也许雅格布受伤或被绑♥架♥了
Oh, my God.
天哪!
Carolyn, for his own sake, that car might give us some answers.
卡罗琳,看在他分上 那车上可能会有答案
No.
不
You're his parents, you want to protect him. I got kids, too.
你们是他父母 你们想保护他.我也有孩子
Ben, is there something that you know that you're not telling me?
阿本,你有没有什么 事瞒着我?
- How 'bout it, Judith? Do you know... - Hey!
不如这样,朱迪恩.你知道.
Off limits! Leave her out of this, okay?
太过分了! 别让她卷入此事,好吗?
I'll tell you what I know. I know my son.
我告诉你吧.我了解我儿子
- He's just helping us find him, darling. - I don't want it to be like this.
-他只是在帮我们找到儿子 -我不想这样子
But if I have to, I will go find Judge Grady and I will get a search warrant.
但我只能这样. 我会去找法官申请搜查令
- Yeah, well, you do that! - It's okay.
-有种就去吧-没事了
Sweetie, you looked upstairs? You sure? You looked every place?
宝贝,你找过楼上了吗? 你真的找遍了?
We should've let him look in the car, Ben.
我们应该让他找找车里,阿本
The hell we should have. Not without a lawyer telling me I have to.
胡说.没有律师的话 休想对我指手画脚
We've got rights here.
我们有自已的权利
And wherever he is, whatever he did, Jacob has rights too.
雅格布也有权利,不管 他做了什么,不管他在哪里
We have to take this one step at a time, okay?
我们一步步来,好吗?
You and I will look in the house. Top to bottom.
你和我在家里找.从上到下
- I'll check out the garage and studio. - If he's not there, we'll call his friends.
-我去找车♥库♥和工作室 -如果他不在,我们 就找他的朋友
Carolyn, better call Wendell, too.
卡罗琳,最好也找一下温德尔
Oh, no.
哦,不
Oh, Jake.
哦,雅格布
I know that, Wendell.
我知道,温德尔
Mom? - Wait, wait.
-妈妈? -等等
When Fran comes back, we'll be perfectly...
弗兰回来时,我们就能.
I know it's a small town, but it's our town too.
我知道这是个小镇 但这也是我们的小镇啊
He will, I promise. I promise, just hurry, okay?
他会的,我发誓.快点,好吗?
- Lawyers. - Mom?
-律师-妈妈?
Yeah?
什么事?
电影精选列表