亲爱的大卫·鲍伊
Dear David Bowie...
星期一早上 我们得面对现实
Well, it's monday morning, which, let's face it,
在辛辛那提州我是多余的人
in Cincinnati, Is redundant.
我正准备上学 但我更愿意
I'm getting ready for school, or, as I like to call it,
称之为外出午餐
Gguant醤amo with a lunch period.
老妈让我别只是看到世界的阴暗面
My mom says that's seeing the glass half-empty.
其实 我倒挺想知道
Personally, I just hope one day
这世界黑到底是什么样的
to actually see the glass.
威尔 你就快迟到了
Will, you're going to be late.
威尔?
Will?
又在给大卫·鲍伊发邮件?
Are you writing another letter to David Bowie?
他又不会回信 你都不会腻吗
Doesn't it bother you that he never writes back?
他知道这样只会让我气馁
He knows that would only intimidate me.
看来我也应该不搭理你了
See, why can't I process rejection like that?
好了 我们走
Good. let's go.
这里白鲸像征着什么
So, what does the white whale symbolize here?
学校并不是煎熬之地
School isn't gut-wrenchingly awful.
它就像灵魂麻醉剂
Mostly, it's just kind of like novocaine for the soul.
我总爱根据人们所喜欢的音乐
I tend to make snap judgments about people
来迅速判断他们的性格
Based on what kind of music they like.
比如这几个喜欢轻度嘻哈
Like these kids are into hip-hop lite,
就是一些绕舌音乐家给
The kind where some rapper does one verse
克里斯汀娜·阿奎莱拉写歌♥的那种
of a Christina Aguilera song.
还有这种"玩劣富2代"
Then there's the "trustafarians."
郊区富家子弟 带着卷边针织帽
Rich suburban white kids with knit caps
留着2000美元的加长辫子头
and $2,000 dreadlocks extensions.
独♥立♥摇滚团由我和另个小伙组成
The indie-rock clique is made up of me and one other kid
但只有他开始洗澡和
I refuse to meet until he bathes and
不再用手抹头之后 我才会去见他
stops flattening his hair with his hand.
我还能说什么
What can I say?
大概我只是没留意备忘录中写的
I think I just kind of missed the memo
适应辛辛那提州生活的小窍门
about how to fit in in Cincinnati.
不好意思 意外
I'm sorry. That was an accident.
-蠢蛋 -蠢蛋
- Dewey. - Dewey!
蠢蛋
Dewey!
就像一位睿智音乐家曾说的
Oh, well. As a wise musician once said,
"我已麻木得舒适自在了"
"I have become comfortably numb."
就写到这吧
Well, that's all for now.
你的头号♥粉丝 威尔·伯顿
Your number-one fan, Will Burton.
我该怎么说才能让你舒服些呢
What's the one thing I could say right now to make this better?
你辞职然后我们搬出辛辛那提州
You quit your job and we're moving out of cincinnati?
我辞职然后我们搬出辛辛那提州
I quit my job and we're moving out of Cincinnati.
你就像只猫 我只是你的玩具
You're a cat and I'm just your play toy.
不 我说真的
No, no, I mean it, I mean it.
南阿姨找我找了份工作
Aunt Nan gave me a job.
在新泽西?
In Jersey?
是啊 而且薪水更多 自♥由♥时间更多
Yeah! Yeah, and it's more money, and flexible hours...
-说真的吗 -是啊 超棒
- Seriously? - Yeah! and it's perfect.
新泽西学校的第2学期
The schools in Jersey
晚些就开始了
start second semester later.
老妈
Mom!
怎么 怎么了
What? what is it?
我想 在那边也不会有什么不同
I mean, it's not going to be any different there.
好吧 这就是
Okay, there's the
我所熟悉和深爱的威尔·伯顿
Will Burton I know and love.
上帝 你终于变成一名
God, for a moment, you were actually possessed
快乐的适应性强的青少年了
By a happy, well-adjusted teenager.
-会不同的 有不同的同学 -但我还是我
- It might be different. Different kids. - Yeah, but same me.
你没有任何问题 你非常棒
Hey, hey. You are not the problem. You are terrific.
威尔
Will.
听着 亲爱的 如果你放弃 他们就赢了
Listen, honey, if you miss out on life, they win.
如果握住我的手
If you just put your hand in mine
我们可抛却所有烦恼
We're gonna leave all our troubles behind
大步向前不回头
We'll walk and don't look back
不回头
Don't look back
米克·杰格与皮特·托什录制了这首歌♥
Okay, Mick Jagger recorded this with Peter Tosh.
可以说是斯卡音乐 像瑞格舞曲
It's almost Ska. It's like Reggae,
但更多流行元素
but it pops more,
但他们不歌♥颂上帝
And they don't sing about Jah.
你一点不明白我说的话 是吧
You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?
不
No.
不过你开心我就开心
But it's nice to see you so happy!
洛迪
Lodi!
威尔 亲爱的 明天是重要日子
Will, honey, it's a big day tomorrow.
去睡觉吧
Get to bed.
如何
Well?
"猫王"正在进入教学楼
Elvis is entering the building.
-没受伤吧 -毫发无伤
- Unharmed? - Completely.
太好了 看吧 我说过这里会不一样的
All right! See, I told you it would be different here.
天差地别啊
Night and day.
心爱的大卫·鲍伊
Dear David Bowie,
新学校的一大好处就是
This is one big vantage to my new school over my old one.
泛泛无名
Anonymity.
我多年想做透明人的夙愿
All those years of wishing I could make myself invisible?
终于到新泽西实现了
Turns out, all I had to do was move to New Jersey.
新年快乐 范·布伦高中 大家好吗
Happy new year, Van Buren! What's up?
只问你们一个问题
I just have one question for you.
3600小时后会发生什么
What's gonna happen 3,600 hours from right now?
乐队狂飙
Bandslam!
谁将捧回奖杯
And who's gonna bring home the gold?
光荣之犬
Glory Dogs!
为本·惠特利和光荣之犬欢呼吧
Give it up for Ben Wheatly and the Glory Dogs!
今天所发生的就像
Lunch today was like a
MTV制♥作♥的纽伦堡集♥会♥
Nuremberg rally produced by MTV.
你们最棒
Yes, you're number one!
每个角落 人们都因为
Out of nowhere, people were acting like maniacs
乐队狂飙而疯狂了
Over something called Bandslam.
-我爱你 本 -大家好 范·布伦
- I love you, Ben! - What's up, Van Buren?
好了
All right.
我们都知道 在去年的乐队狂飙
As we all know, last year at Bandslam,
光荣之犬与燃烧旅馆并列第2
The Glory Dogs tied for second with the Burning Hotels.
今年不会再次发生
Well, that's not happening this year.
知道为什么吗
You know why?
为什么
Why?
因为收养所多了些新犬
'Cause there's some new dogs in the pound.
首先 从蒙特克莱尔远道而来的
First up, all the way from Montclair,
与厌恶的父亲一起生活
Living with his dad, who he hates.
只能偷偷练习的
Just play in the dark.
迪伦·戴尔
Dylan Dyer!
这个乐队狂飙的活动很大规模吗
Exactly how big is this whole Bandslam thing around here?
像德克萨斯中学橄榄球联赛那样
Texas High-School-Football big.
-你新来的 -对
- You're new. - Yeah.
给我看下你的课程表
Let me see your class schedule.
我们一起上人类学
We have human studies together.
你叫什么名字
What's your name?
威尔·伯顿 你呢
Will Burton. What's yours?
最后但绝不是最弱的一位
Last, but certainly not least,
人人都喜爱的鼓手
everybody loves a drummer.
我们乐队里的坏小子 布伊
We got a bad boy on the kit, and his name is Boe!
5不读
The "5" is silent.
这些家伙真疯
Kit is crazy.
难以置信
Incredible.
-你干什么 -给我点...
- What are you doing? - Let me have a...
你干什么
What are you doing?
亲爱的大卫·鲍伊
Dear David Bowie,
在今天的人类学课上
Today in my human studies class,
我们的老师 威腾伯格女士
our teacher, Miss Wittenberg,
说了个英语里最恐怖的词
Said the two words I dread more than any others in the english language.
交朋友
Buddy up.
这学期 每个人都要在班里选出个搭档
This semester, I want you to pick someone in the class
电影精选列表