纽约 2003年9月
我叫迈克尔·沙利文
My name is Michael Sullivan
我有个故事 你会想听
and I have a story I think you're gonna wanna hear.
真实改编
愿上帝相信你 保佑你
我们很感激萨♥达♥姆♥
你给了我们安全和幸福
愿上帝造出更多的你 并保佑你
我们自信 萨♥达♥姆♥ 因为你造就了安全
联♥合♥国♥ 纽约2002年10月
迈克尔·沙利文
Michael Sullivan?
你在巴♥拉♥斯♥迁银行做说客多久了
How long have you been in the lobbyist at Belasquian Banks?
两年了
Uh, two years.
大量的策略 研究和支持
A lot of strategy, research and support.
一份好工作
That's a good job.
你还不满意吗
You're not happy there?
不 我不想在40岁时醒来发现
No, I just... I don't want to wake up when I'm forty and discover
我对世界唯一的贡献 就是避税庇护所
the only thing I've contributed to the world is tax shelters,
血汗工厂和臭氧层空洞
sweatshops and holes in the ozone.
你是理想主义者吗
You're an idealist?
从我记事起 我想成为一名外交官
You know for as long as I can remember I've wanted to be a diplomat.
我想在世上有所作为
I want to make a difference in the world.
你父亲是外交官
Your father was a diplomat.
是 美国国♥务♥院♥ 他
Uh, yeah, U.S. State Department, he...
黎巴嫩 1983年
Lebanon. 1983.
我为你的损失 感到抱歉
I'm sorry for your loss.
我父亲在我小时候过世了
My father passed away when I was little.
他在美国驻贝鲁特大使♥馆♥爆♥炸♥中丧生
He was killed in the bombing of the U.S. Embassy in Beirut
当时我五岁
when I was 5 years old.
我最早的记忆之一 是我父亲讲故事
One of my earliest memories is my father telling stories
关于联♥合♥国♥的成立
about the founding of the United Nations.
我们会找到结束战争的方法
We'll find a way to end war.
现代版本的圆桌骑士
Made it sound like modern day Knights sitting around the Round Table.
我想跟随他的脚步
I wanted to follow in his footsteps.
2002年秋季前 我在联♥合♥国♥申请工作 共4次
By the fall of 2002 I had applied for a job at the United Nations four times.
迈克叔叔
Uncle Michael!
我姐姐说 对外服务 是我们祖传的
My sister says it's because Foreign Service is in our family legacy.
小弟 你好吗
Hey little brother, how are ya?
很好 对不起 我迟到了
Hey, good. Sorry I'm late.
你看起来不错
You look good.
就像我妈妈一样
And just like my mother,
她嫁给了在联♥合♥国♥实习时遇到的男人
she married a guy she met while interning at the U.N.
我带了一份小礼物
So I got you something small,
但另一只大的在路上 好吗
but something else is on it's way, okay?
特雷弗 你好
Hey, Trevor.
漂亮的蛋糕 莉莉 丹麦国旗够吗
Nice cake Lily, got enough Danish flags?
够
Yeah, yeah.
有消息吗
Well, did you hear anything?
没有
Uh, no.
我明天就知道了
I'll hear tomorrow.
感觉如何
But how'd it feel?
还好吗
Good?
不好 我太紧张了
No, I was too nervous.
那是他们的损失
Oh well, it's their loss.
你一定能搞定的 你一直在为之打拼
I'm sure you'll get it, you've been working so hard for this!
嗯
Yeah.
某人的生日 吃蛋糕吗
And it's somebody's birthday, so should we do cake?
是
Yes!
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you!
生日快乐 亲爱的凯特
Happy birthday dear Kate
可恶的对冲基金 老是选走最好的候选人
Best candidates keep getting hired away by fucking hedge funds.
迈克尔·沙利文
Michael Sullivan.
我认识他父亲
I knew his father.
丹麦护照
Danish passport.
他母亲是丹麦人 但他只有24岁
His mother's side, but he's only 24 years old.
他可以
He'll do.
我想从入门级的任务开始
I thought I would start with some entry-level assignment,
而不是我梦想的工作
instead I got a dream job.
副秘♥书♥长♥特别助理
Special assistant to the undersecretary general.
负责联♥合♥国♥历史上最大的人道主义计划
Running the largest humanitarian program in the United Nations history.
不敢相信我的好运
I couldn't believe my luck.
我本来想的是 "别搞砸了"
All I kept thinking was, "Don't fuck this up."
该计划被称为"石油换粮"
The program is called, "Oil For Food."
创建于1995年
It's created in 1995.
根据安♥理♥会♥986号♥决议
By Security Council resolution 986,
其中指出 联♥合♥国♥将管理出♥售♥
which has stated that the UN would manage the sale
伊♥拉♥克♥石油 并利用利润提供人道主义救济
of Iraqi oil and use the profits to provide humanitarian relief
用于国家 减轻困苦
in the country to alleviate the hardship.
这基本上意味着我们的办公室
Which basically means that our office
负责养活整个国家
is in charge of trying to feed an entire nation,
超过2000万人
over 20 million people.
你还有一小本书要读
You have a little reading to catch up on.
我们向安♥理♥会♥提交的供资状况报告 已经落后于时间表了
We are woefully behind schedule on our funding
status report to the Security Council
你的当务之急将是帮助完成之
Your immediate task will be to help facilitate its completion.
你的前任 本来明天要向副秘♥书♥长♥报告的
Your predecessor was due to brief the undersecretary tomorrow.
明天吗
Tomorrow?
他怎么了
What happened to him?
伊♥拉♥克♥的意外
A car accident in Iraq.
上帝啊
Jesus Christ!
他没事吧
Is he alright?
不 他没活下来
No, he didn't make it.
关键点的总结就够了
A bullet-point summary will do.
帕西9点到他的办公室
Pasha will be in his office at nine.
你有时间吗 迈克尔
Got a couple of minutes, Michael?
贾斯汀·卡特 中♥央♥情报局
Justin Cutter, Central Intelligence.
真的吗
Really?
真的 我们有各种高矮胖瘦
Yeah, we come in all shapes and sizes.
好的 我能帮你什么吗
Okay, can I help you with something?
听着 我们认为 石油换粮被坏人
Listen, we think Oil for Food is being gamed for private gain
作为了私人收益的博弈工具
by a bad guy or bad guys unknown.
而且获得了内部帮助
Possibly with help from the inside,
也就是你待的地方 所以
which is where you are, so...
听着 我刚得到这份工作
Look I-I just got this job.
我不会做你的间谍
I'm not gonna- I'm not gonna spy for you.
当然不是
Oh God, no.
这种事情留给专业人士
No, no, leave that to the professionals.
我不想你做不舒心的事 迈克尔
I don't want you to do anything that makes you uncomfortable, Michael.
睁大眼睛 竖起耳朵 就这样
Just keep your eyes and ears open, that's all.
为上帝和国家
For God and Country.
我意识到 石油换粮计划
I was aware going in that the Oil for Food program
实际上是一种"政♥治♥足球"
had become something of a political football.
计划预算是一年100亿美元
The program budget was 10 billon dollars a year.
而联♥合♥国♥预算的其余部分仅为20亿
The entire rest of the UN operational budget was only two.
所以这是疯狂的一大笔钱
There was crazy money to be had.
特殊利益 就像头顶盘旋的秃鹰
Special interest circling like buzzards.
计划很简单
The program was simple.
因为对萨♥达♥姆♥的经济制裁
Because of the economic sanctions imposed against Saddam Hussein
第一次海湾战争之后 伊♥拉♥克♥经济崩溃了
after the first Gulf War, Iraq's economy had crashed.
人们正在挨饿和死亡
People were starving and dying
缺乏基础医学和主食
from lack of basic medicine and staples.
石油换粮计划是为了提供
The Oil for Food program was designed to provide
伊♥拉♥克♥公民的生存所需要的
Iraqi citizens with what they needed to survive.
同时 防止萨♥达♥姆♥
While at the same time, preventing Saddam
开♥发♥他所谓的大规模杀伤性武器
from developing his alleged weapons of mass destruction.
在联♥合♥国♥的监督下
Under UN supervision,
伊♥拉♥克♥石油被以市场价格出♥售♥
Iraqi oil was being sold at market prices
以支付人道主义援助
to pay for humanitarian aid.
我们的工作是 保证资金符合既定规则
Our job was to keep it funded by making sure everything went by the book.
我是来提交摘要的
I'm here to present the summary.
他一会儿就好
He'll be with you in a minute.
这该死的政♥权♥
...This fucking regime!
难以置信
Unbelievable.
是 我一直在整理 一个解决计划
Yes, I sorted it as always, a solution.
我们把所有东西都装到了郊区的几辆出租车里
电影精选列表