I mean, any woman would tell you about it.
你是来得太频繁还是太少
Are you too regular or not regular enough?
是的 我想是的
Yes, I reckon so. Yes.
哪一种 你不知道吗
Well, which? Don't you know?
你想让它停对吗
You want something to stop it, is that it?
不 它已经停了
No. You see, it's already stopped.
这样...我明白了
Oh, well, we...
你没结婚对吧
You're not married, are you?
对
No.
我的店里没有你要的东西
Well, I don't have anything in my store for you
你还是离开吧
and I'd advise you to go
回家跟爸爸说 如果你有的话
home and tell your Pa, if you have one
让他给你买♥♥个结婚证
and let him make somebody buy you a wedding license.
我可以付钱的
But I got the money to pay you.
一千块也没用
A thousand dollars wouldn't be enough in my store.
更何况你只有十美分
Ten cents wouldn't be enough.
你好
Howdy.
我想买♥♥袋水泥
Can I have a bag of cement?
五十美分
That'll be 50 cents.
五十美分
50 cents?
能不能只买♥♥十美分的量
Could I have 10 cents worth?
十美分 做什么用
10 cents...? For what?
我哥哥的腿摔坏了
My brother broke his leg.
什么
What?
请你把马车驶离此地
You gotta get this wagon outta here.
这里是公共街道
It's a public street! I reckon
我们有权像所有人一样停车买♥♥东西
we can stop to buy something same as any other man.
我们有钱 没有法律规定...
We got the money to pay for it, and there ain't any law...
我只要十美分的
I just want 10 cents worth.
我不想拆开卖♥♥
I don't wanna break a sack.
你不知道他会丢掉一条腿的吗
Don't you know you'll cause that boy to lose his leg?
你得带他看医生
You take him to the doctor.
我要十美分的水泥
I would like 10 cents worth of cement.
好吧
Fine.
带他去看医生
Just get that boy to a doctor.
你必须立刻埋了这东西
You get this thing buried as soon as you can.
你不知道危害公共健康会被抓进牢去吗
Don't you know you're tempting jail for endangering the public health?
我们已经尽力了
We're doing the best we can.
今天就出发去给她下葬
We woulda set out to bury her today,
但要等那个孩子把马车带回来
but had to wait for that boy to bring the wagon back.
别说了 爸
Shut up, Pa!
抱歉 我们马上离开
Sir, I'm sorry. We'll be gone in a minute.
带他去见医生
Get this man to a doctor.
不用担心 我很好
Ain't got to worry about me. I'm fine.
快点 杜薇 我们已经耽搁太久了
Hurry up, Dewey Dell! We done lost too much time.
我们不会再添麻烦了
We ain't gonna discommode you no more.
小辣椒
Pepper!
这里有片地
Here a place.
这边 停一停 停一停
Right here. Hold, mule. Hold, mule.
我们可以取点水
We could get some water over yonder.
杜薇·德尔 去看看能不能借个篮子
Dewey Dell, you better go see you can borrow a bucket.
看来在莫森镇卖♥♥蛋糕并不顺利
Guess you had less luck than
你真是够倒霉的
you expected selling them cakes in Mottson.
最好别把他弄下来 就在这处理伤口吧
We better not try and lift him down. We fix it here.
什么时候能到杰佛逊镇 明天吗
When we get to Jefferson, tomorrow?
我还是能忍♥的
I could just last it out.
一路颠颇也挺难受的
It'll be easier this way on you.
先处理下 接合处就不会错位
It won't rub together.
不用 我能忍♥
But I can last it out.
而且现在停下来 是在浪费时间
And we'll lose time if we stop now.
水泥早就买♥♥好了
We done bought the cement now.
听着 我可以忍♥
Listen, I can last it out.
再忍♥一天而已
It's just one more day.
什么事都不会耽误 就让它这样
And it don't bother none. It sets so.
已经买♥♥好了
We done bought it now.
看起来怎么样
How's that look?
如果不多加点水
You don't wanna put too much water in it...
就没有效果
or it won't work right.
现在呢
How's that?
你们...再去弄些沙子来吧
You know, maybe if you... y'all could find some sand.
瓦德曼 去弄些沙子来
Vardaman, go on and get some sand.
我可以忍♥受的...
I can last it out...
反正只要再多忍♥一天
if it's just one more day, you know?
这样也不耽搁什么
'Cause it don't bother none.
好了
All right.
小心一点
Careful with that there.
把腿挪出来
Bring your leg out.
小心一点 就不会...
Just mind it so it don't get on...
感觉如何
How's that feel?
还行
It feels fine.
凉凉的 感觉还行
It feels cold and good on there. It feels fine.
如果它能...
If it'll only help...
让我得到你的原谅
I ask your forgiveness.
这也就是我所希望的那样了
I couldn't have foreseen it more than you.
感觉还行
I feel fine.
怎么了
All right?
怕是要下雨了
I think it's gonna rain.
看 朱厄尔在那里
Look, there's Jewel!
马呢
Where that horse?
送去给斯♥诺♥普了
Delivered him to Snopes himself.
就该这样
You did right.
跑来跑去累死了
This here sure got me tired.
达尔 如果斯♥诺♥普没有给骡子喂木屑
Darl, if Snopes didn't feed them mules on sawdust...
那我们不下来走路
would they be able to make
骡子也能翻过这座山吗
the hill without us have to get out and walk?
也许吧
Maybe.
杜薇·德尔 我们晚上在谷仓睡觉的时候
Dewey Dell, when we stop at night in the barn,
秃鹫都在哪里栖息啊
where do them buzzards stay?
我问了达尔 他也不知道
I asked Darl. He doesn't know neither.
今晚在谷仓的时候
Tonight I'm gonna see where
我就去找秃鹫栖息的地方
them buzzards stay while we're in the barn.
你们来干什么 请容我多嘴问一句
Where you going? Hate to discommode you.
没什么 先生
Well, no, sirs, ain't no trouble.
但我们很担心他的腿伤
But we wonder about that leg, though.
感觉如何 孩子
How's that feeling, son?
白天一直晒着
It's getting a little bit hot
腿还是像晒着太阳那样热
from being in the sun like that all day.
需要撒些水吗 也许能降降温
You want some water poured on it? Maybe that'll ease it some.
那就麻烦你了
I'd be obliged.
只是因为晒了一天的太阳
It's just from being in the sun all day.
都怪我自己忘了把它盖起来
I ought to kept my mind on it to kept it covered.
感觉怎么样
How's that feel?
谢谢 感觉很好
I'm obliged. That feels fine.
你们...
Well, you folks...
好好休息吧
you have a good night.
有什么需求 我们会马上进来
We'll be right inside if you need anything else.
好的
Fine.
卡什 试着睡一会吧
Cash, see if you can get some sleep.
好的 这样就挺好了
Sure. Yeah, it feels fine.
我想妈妈
I miss Mama.
过来
Come here.
把头靠在这里
Put your head right down there.
听着
Listen.
听得到吗
Can you hear?
是的
Yeah,
我能听见她说话
I can hear her.
听到了吗
You hear?
她在说什么 达尔 跟谁说话呢
What's she saying, Darl? Who's she talking to?
她在祷告
Talking to God.
祈求上帝能帮帮她
She's calling on Him to help her.
她想让祂做什么