Okay, chief.
不能再回那个疯人院了 - 你是说所有的疯子?
You're not going back to that nuthouse. - With all those loonies?
啊 爸爸
Aw, Dad.
你在说这里是我的私人疗养所
It's my private rest home you're talking about.
你为什么不跟我们一起吃
Why don't you eat with us?
你为什么不在自己的房♥子里住
Why don't you live in your own house?
你有孩子吗
Have you got any children?
孩子们 快走 别缠着珍妮特姨妈
Boys, come on. Leave Auntie Janet alone, please.
来喝你的茶 - 好的
Come have your tea. - All right.
来
Come on.
你看见窗外有什么东西吗
Can you see something out the window? Out.
弗兰克·萨吉森 他是个作家 在这附近独自生活
Frank Sargeson, the writer, lives around here in an old bach.
他来拜访过我 因为听说我是你妹妹
He came to visit me. He heard I was your sister.
他也邀你去看他 - 我们现在就能去
He asked if you'd like to go and see him. - We could drop in now.
不!我并不认识他
No! I don't know him.
他不在家
He's not home.
你好 - 你就是珍妮特·弗蕾姆?
Hello. - You're Janet Frame?
请进 请进
Come in. Come in.
我们过会儿再来
We'll come back later.
你为什么不来这里住?
Why don't you come and live here?
棚屋的后面放了床和桌子
There's a bed and desk in the hut out back already set up.
你不能在充满尿布和小资生活...
Well, you can't write living in suburbia...
的郊区之中写作
amongst the nappies and the bourgeois life.
但我得找一份工作
But I have to find a job.
为什么
Why?
你是个作家
You're a writer.
他们拒绝了我的疾病补助金
They've refused me the sickness benefit.
噢 是吗?
Oh, have they?
在医院吃了这么多年苦 他们不能这么做
After all those years in hospital, they can't do that.
听着 我有个好朋友是医生
Look, I've got a good friend who's a doctor.
他肯定会帮你获得补助金的
He'll fix you up with a benefit. Of course he will.
你想来看看吗?
Would you like to come and look?
"看着内蒂姑妈戴上伪装
"It was a sin...
是多么罪过的事情
"to have watched Aunt Nettie putting on her face...
更罪过的是 - 哦 别
"and it was worse - - No, don't.
这对她来说其实更糟, 我想... - 弗兰克!
"it was worse for her, I suppose... - Frank!
是因为我们知道了她有另一副面孔
"because now we knew she had another face...
那面孔带着另一种笑容 - 弗兰克
"and had another smile to it. - Frank!
我们像小偷一样找到了她
"We'd found her out like a thief.
她一直红着脸"
She kept blushing."
不错
Not bad.
有点...像迪伦·托马斯
Bit... Dylan Thomas- ish.
别在意我的回应 你只是刚刚开始尝试
Don't worry I fit comes back. It's only your first try.
要记着, 沃尔多...
Just remember, Waldo...
总有别的出版商
there's always another publisher.
阿哈!梅登牌唱机 - 好的
Aha!Maiden bearing gramophone. - All right.
我带了这张唱片
I brought these records.
倒点酒好么 弗兰克?
Are you pouring, Frank?
"我们的心为狂想哺养
"We had fed the heart on fantasies.
*叶芝 《内战时期的沉思》 袁可嘉译
这种粮食使心残暴
"The heart's grown brutal from the fare.
我们仇恨的质量 超过了我们的爱
"More substance in our enmities than in our love.
蜜蜂啊 来燕八哥的...
"Oh, honey bees, come build in the empty house...
空屋筑巢吧."
of a stare."
太棒了
That's wonderful.
我只读过他的早期作品
I've only read his earlier works.
比如"轻点踩啊 因为你踩的是我的梦"?
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"?
"走出门到榛树林 胸中憋着一团火"
"I went out to the hazel wood because a fire was in my head."
*叶芝 《安格斯漫游歌♥》 袁可嘉译
"直到月儿逃遁 - 卡尔
"Till the moon has taken flight. - KarI!
*叶芝 《被盗的孩子》 袁可嘉译
我们蹦蹦跳跳 - 嘘
"To and fro we leap... - Shh.
追逐那浪花水泡 - 你这是在喊
"and chase the frothy bubbles. - You're shouting.
而世界充满苦恼
"While the world is full of troubles...
来 人之子呀 - 小声
"come away, oh, human child... - Shh.
到湖滨旷野来吧
"to the waters and the wild...
手拉手 与仙人一道
"with a fairy hand in hand.
因为世间充满泪水
Shh. - "Cause the world's more full of weeping... - Shh.
非你能知晓"
than you can understand. "
弗兰克
Frank!
弗兰克
Frank!
弗兰克?
Frank?
首先
First up.
真不敢相信
I can't believe it.
噢 并不是人人都会这么幸运唷 沃尔多
Well, not everyone's that lucky, Waldo...
至少对头一次尝试来说
not on their first try.
别人还得再加把劲
Something must have clicked with them.
好了 恭喜你
Well, congratulations.
太棒了
It's amazing.
致弗兰克 下一步是显而易见的
To Frank, the next step was obvious.
我得开拓我的眼界
I needed to broaden my experience.
他为我安排申请了出国旅行的文学基金
He organized my application for a literary grant to travel overseas.
如果我留下来 大概余生都不再会有这样的机会
I knew that if I stayed, there would be no second chance for my survival.
你要离开这个古老国家啦
So, you're off to the old country, eh?
祝贺你, 女儿 太好了
Good on you, girl. Good on you.
弗蕾姆先生
Mr. Frame.
这位是弗兰克·萨吉森
This is Frank Sargeson.
这是我父亲
My father.
哦 弗蕾姆先生 您有一位聪明的女儿
Oh, you've got a very clever daughter there, Mr. Frame.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见
Bye- bye.
旅途愉快
Bon voyage.
第三部
镜子城的使者
让你到法国去卖♥♥俏!
哈 哈 好一个求婚…
罗伯特·彭斯 《邓肯·葛雷》 王佐良译
~时光和运气象浪潮
Time and chance are but a tide
~哈 哈 好一个求婚
Ha ha, the wooing o'it
~失恋的痛苦真难熬
Slighted love is sair to bide
~哈 哈 好一个求婚
Ha ha, the wooing o'it
~他心想我怎能这样没出息
"Shall I like a fool," quoth he
~为了一个骄傲女人就把命丢掉
For a haughty hizzie die
~去她的!让她到法国去卖♥♥俏
She may go to France for me
~哈 哈 好一个求婚
Ha ha, the wooing o'it
你俩在干嘛?
What happened to you two?
啊 我们就附近看看
Ah, we've just been, uh, looking around.
最近怎么样了
What have you been up to?
是不是超迷人
Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?
要帮忙吗
Can I help you?
哦 不用 谢谢
Oh, no, thank you.
是穿白礼服的那个吗?
Was that the one in the white tuxedo?
哦 我喜欢 他叫什么名字?
Oh, I love it. What's his name?
我们得走了
We should go then.
你好 我是珍妮特·弗莱姆
Hello. I'm Janet Frame.
我写信预订了一个房♥间
I wrote and reserved a room.
弗雷姆?
Frame
没有弗蕾姆的预订
No, I have no "Frame."
不过我确实写信了 - 但我们没收到
But I wrote. - No, we've had no letter from you.
我是从新西兰大老远来的 - 我们这住了世界各地来的客人
But I'm all the way from New Zealand. - We have guests staying here from all over the world.
你在伦敦有朋友吗
Have you no friends in London?
没有
None.
你为什么不去基♥督♥教女青年会看看
Why don't you try the Y.W.C.A.?.
“请勿占用浴室”
好吧 我不太想你冬天在这儿
Well, I hope you won't be here for the winter.
曾有个女人在一屋子里因肺炎去世了
We had a woman die of pneumonia in one of these rooms.
就是那间
That one.
去年这间住了一位欧洲王储
We had a crown prince of Europe in this one last year.
这儿
There.
你可以叫我帕特里克
You can call me Patrick.
那么你来伦敦做什么 珍妮特
So, what you doin' in London, Janet?
哦 我是拿到了文学资助来的
Oh, I'm here on a literary grant.
文学资助?
A literary grant?
我不会在伦敦待太久
But I'm not going to stay in London for very long.
我要去西班牙
I'm going to go to Spain.
电影精选列表