Can't vote can't hold an office can't even sit on a jury.
战争结束后几乎没有任何权利
Can't do near anything since the war ended.
他们的日子很艰难
Times are hard for them.
好了 战争已经结束了 贝尔特先生
Well, the war has ended Mr. Burdette.
我们得重新让这个村子凝聚起来
We've got to put this country back together again.
我们不能让那帮南方残兵们四处惹事制♥造♥麻烦
And we can't let them Johnny rebs go running around stirrin' up trouble.
你是明白的
You know that.
要知道 他们甚至都不能在自己的教堂里祷告
You know they can't even preach a sermon in their own church.
那不代表他们有权力去抢去杀
That don't give 'em a right to go robbing and killing.
这次他们截的是美国♥军♥队的军饷
This time, they took a U.S. Army payroll.
那可是整整30000美元
That's $30,OOO hard money.
他们并不把这看成抢劫
They don't see it so much as robbin'
就像是在拿回原本属于自己的东西一样
as it is taking back what's theirs in the first place...
拿走准备支付那些攻占他们土地的军队的钱
money to pay the army for occupying their land.
你听起来就像是他们中的一员 贝尔特先生
You sound iust like one of 'em Mr. Burdette.
你比我更清楚 马绍尔
You know better than that, Marshall.
是啊 -可我长了眼睛
- Yeah.- But I got eyes.
我看得出什么可能造成一个年轻人
And I can see what might just drive a young man
无视法律
to a life outside the law.
这就是为什么你会是把他抓住的合适人选
That's why you're the man to bring him in.
你能想他们所想
You think like they do.
不过千万别对他们产生怜悯
But don't start feeling sorry for them.
他们杀你会像杀其他联邦人一样毫不留情的
They'd kill you as fast as they would any unionist.
理解一个人的犯罪动机不代表
Understanding what drives a man to a crime ain't the same
是同情他们
as feeling sorry for 'em.
这些可怜的家伙 他们也没有明白这一点
These poor boys...they still don't understand it.
像你这样的人
Man like yourself
他要还活着很可能会成为我们下一任州长
his eyes on maybe bein' our next governor...
是啊 你 你总是能从大局看问题 不是吗
Well... You... you get the big picture don't you?
把杰西 詹姆斯 给我抓来
I want Jesse James.
一有进展我会通知你的
I'll let you know what I come up with.
从那笔钱着手
Follow the money.
你们离开密苏里那多久了
How long you boys been out of Missouri?
几个星期
Couple weeks.
甚至更久
Seems longer.
我们基本上算是在这附近定居了
Our lives pretty much come to a stop around here
自从那些北方佬占领了那里
since them Yanks took over.
是啊
Yeah.
这事谁都不好受 尤其是那些有名望的家族
Been hard on everybody, especially decent folk.
这里没人责怪你 孩子
Well nobody here'sblaming you son.
你为南方尽了自己的力了
You did your part for the south.
是的 先生 我们的确尽力了
Yes, sir. That we did.
这是战利品吧
Well now this is some piece.
你不介意吧
You mind?
这是斯科菲尔德.45
Schofield.45.
是史密斯维森 第3代的改良品种
Modified Smith & Wesson No. 3.
以 梅泽 乔治 斯科菲尔德的名字命名的
Named after Major George W. Schofield.
杰西 和我都欠了那个男的不少人情
Jess and me... we owe that man a debt of thanks.
至少我是这样觉得的
At least that's what I think.
真难相信一旦星条旗倒下了坚持自己的信念
Hard to believe that a man thinking his own thoughts
也算违法
would be against the law once the stars and bars fell.
是啊 仅仅只是想想
Yep. Just thinking...
想想怎么也会是犯罪啊
How can just thinking be such a crime?
问题是我们是战败的一方啊
Problem is we're on the losing side.
玛丽的兄弟 吉米 战死在了石湾
Mary's brother Jimmy...he was killed at Stone Creek.
他父亲因为想好好安葬吉米
Her daddy was shot dead tryin' to bury Jimmy proper
被射死在镇上的墓地里
in the town cemetery.
他们甚至都不让我为他们的尸体祈祷
They wouldn't even let me say my peace over their bodies.
他们北方佬说我不再是个传道士了
Them Yanks said I wasn't a preacher no more.
想想看
Imagine that.
传道了四十年
40 years of spreadin' God's word,
我现在却连个传教士都算不上了
and I'm not a preacher no more.
哼
Hmm.
辛普森先生
Mr. Simpson...
一切都会过去的
...things will change.
都会的
They will.
我不知道怎样
I don't know how...
也不知道什么时候
...and I don't know when...
但一切都会过去的
...but they will change.
你能向我保证吗 弗兰克 詹姆斯
Can you promise me that,Frank James?
你能吗
Can you?
好点没
How you feelin'?
伤得挺重的 弗兰克 我觉得那子弹还在那
Hurts real bad, Frank.I think the bullet's still in there.
我猜也是
I reckon it still is.
我们得把它弄出来
It needs to come out.
可谁会弄呢 你吗
And who's gonna take it out? You?
我以前就弄过 为我的兄弟吉米
I've done it before...for my brother Jimmy.
可 你祖父说吉米死了
Now, your grandfather said Jimmy got killed.
我不能让他肉里还嵌着北方佬的子弹就给埋了
I couldn't let him be buried with a Yankee slug in him.
他不会愿意的
He wouldn't have wanted that.
所以你是从一个死人身上把子弹弄下来的
So you dug a slug out of a dead man?
但是我掌握了那方法
Lt'll work just the same.
你或许应该在外边等一下
You might want to wait outside.
小心处理伤口 不要误伤了我的弟弟
Mind the cure doesn't kill my brother.
在我取出子弹的时候
When I take this bullet out
就像把插头从插座上拔♥出♥来♥一样
it could be like pulling the plug from a barrel.
我不知道会发生什么
I'm not sure what's gonna happen.
我明白
I understand.
我取子弹之前你还有什么要去做的吗?
Is there anything you'd like to get off your chest before I do it?
你是想着要拯救我的灵魂吗?
Are you tryin' to save my soul?
忏悔对灵魂是很有帮助的
Confession is good for the soul.
或许对你有用
Maybe for you
但是我脑海中一直存在着那些画面
but I can't stop and think about what I've done.
弗兰克和我从来都是我行我素的
Frank and I have always gone our own way.
我是吃百家饭长大的
I was raised on a farm by good decent folks.
但是战争改变了一切
But the war changed everything.
现在联邦主义者抓住一切他们所能抓住的
Now the unionists are grabbin' whatever they can
并使他们自己富起来
and makin' themselves rich.
我只是不能忍♥受这些
I iust can't abide by it.
你应该回家的 杰斯
You should go home, Jesse.
换一种方式对抗这些
Fight this in a different way.
我会的 时机一成熟我就会回家的
I will. When the time's right.
但现在还不是时候
But not just yet.
好的 坚持住 我试试看
All right, then. Try and hold still.
玛雅 我没有能力坚持下去
Ma'am, I ain't got the strength to resist.
你可以的
You might surprise yourself.
试试看吧 想想一些别的事情
Try and think about something else.
想什么?
Like what?
可以想想你那匹俊马啊
How 'bout that pretty horse you got?
我已经很久没有见过这么漂亮的马了
I ain't seen a paint like that in a long time.
她确实是很漂亮 但没有你漂亮
She's pretty, all right, but not as pretty as you.
嘴还真贫啊
I almost hate to do this to you.
谢谢你 玛雅
Thank you Ma'am.
我叫玛丽
My name's Mary.
我是牧师辛普森的外孙女
I'm Reverend Simpson's granddaughter.
谢谢你 玛丽
Thank you Mary.
他没事了吧?
He okay?
但愿没有人步他的后尘了
I hoped I'd never see another one like this.
好的 我只是想说
Well I just want to say
很感谢你为我们所做的一切
how much I appreciate everything you've done for us.
你杀了那个打伤你弟弟的人了吗?
Did you kill the man who shot your brother?
杀了
I did.
非常好
Good.
我憎恨他们
I hate them.
我恨之入骨
I hate them all.
你们得马上离开?
You leavin' soon?
必须要走了
Have to.
必须去见一些人 在这里等着是没有用的
Got to meet some people and it won't do to wait.
好吧 那杰西怎么办?
Well, what about Jesse?
我必须带着他去下一个城镇
I have to get him to the next town,
在那里我可以为他找一个合适的医生
电影精选列表