快…
Now...
下一封
Next.
亲爱的盖提先生…
"Dear Mr. Getty..."
你总能找到别人帮你回信吧
Surely you can find someone else to answer your mail.
- 爸 我喜欢 - 他喜欢
- I like it, Dad. - He likes it, son.
他喜欢 这孩子想帮上忙
The boy wants to be useful.
很值得佩服
I find that admirable.
这是家族企业
It's a family business.
人人都要各司其职
Everyone has a role to play.
说到这个 我要开除霍华拉金
Which reminds me, I'm firing Howard Larkin.
让你担任盖提石油执行副总裁
And I'm making you executive vice president of Getty Oil
掌管欧洲业务
in charge of European operations.
什么
What?
我只懂石油有普通和高级之分
All I know about oil is regular or premium.
你想要工作 我这就给你
You wanted a job. I'm giving it to you.
你自己看着办
Sink or swim.
约翰保罗·盖提 提笔…
Yours, J.P. Getty.
下一封
Next.
你是盖提家的人
You're a Getty, Paul.
盖提家的人最特别
A Getty is special.
盖提家的人最精明
A Getty is nobody's fool.
我想给你看个东西
I want to show you something.
是什么
What is it?
是家
It's home.
我在这里跟我的妻子萨比娜同眠
This is where I slept with my wife, Sabina.
在这跟我的将军们大吃烤野猪
This is where I ate roast wild boar with my generals.
在这跟我的妃子们做♥爱♥
And this is where I made love to my concubines.
你以前住在这里
You used to live here?
对 在2世纪时
Yes, in the second century,
我前世是哈德良皇帝
when I was the Emperor Hadrian.
我一到这里就知道了
I knew it the very first moment I visited this place.
我记得每一块石头
I remember every stone
就好像我只是刚出去
as clearly as if I'd just come from the store
买♥♥了包烟回来
with a packet of smokes.
从来没有任何地方给我家的感觉
I have never felt at home anywhere on Earth
直到我来了这里
till I came here.
搞不好他们会让你留下来
Well, maybe they'd let you stay.
搭帐篷或睡睡袋
Overnight, like. Get a tent.
过夜
Sleeping bag.
我试过了
I've tried.
相信我 我试过了
I've tried, believe me.
我跟他们开了价 很慷慨的价格
I made them an offer, a very generous offer.
他们
"Them"?
他们 罗马人
Them. The Romans.
但他们一听到盖提这个姓
But then they hear the name Getty,
眼里都出现美元的符号♥
and they all get dollar signs in their eyes, you know.
他们说这里不卖♥♥
Yeah, they said it wasn't for sale.
- 想也知道 - 没错
- Figures. - Exactly.
老招了
That old tactic.
这样你就懂了 保罗
That's what I'm talking about, Paul.
你身上流着皇帝的血液
The blood of emperors runs through you
我也是
as it does through me.
你是盖提家的人
You're a Getty, Paul.
你有你的天命
You have a destiny.
爷爷希望我们家成为一个王朝
My grandfather wanted our family to become a dynasty.
但爸爸老是酗酒
But Dad could never control his drinking.
自从在派对上接触到毒品
And the first time he tried drugs at a party,
他就彻底毁了
he was lost.
爸
Dad?
爸
Dad?
爸
Dad?
盖提太太 你可以进来了
Mrs. Getty, they're ready for you now.
我们当然预期
Of course, we expect Ms. Getty
夫人会要求高和解金
will be seeking a generous financial settlement,
引人瞩目的离婚案都是这样
as is typical in high-profile divorce cases.
还有孩子们的监护权
And there's the custody of the children.
孩子的父亲是毒虫 连鞋带都绑不了
The father is a drug addict who cannot tie his own shoes.
你们要让那孩子 跟一个败家子待在摩洛哥么
You would leave the boy alone in Morocco with a rich degenerate?
法♥院♥会仔细了解她当母亲是否称职
The court will take a close interest in her fitness as a mother.
哈里斯小姐…
Ms. Harris suffers
犯了个聪明女性常见的毛病
from a common affliction among the intelligent women,
就是爱上一个感情骗子
which is fall in love with imbroglioni.
鲁蛇
Losers.
废物
Bums.
除此以外 她是个了不起的母亲
Aside from this, she's an excellent mother.
你们跟我一样清楚
You know this as well as I do.
你们只是在拿孩子当筹码拖时间
You are simply stalling, using the children as a bargaining chip.
我们有的是时间
We have all the time in the world.
谈个交易
A deal.
抱歉 你说了什么么
I'm sorry, did you say something?
这个提议 今天下班前有效
The offer I'm about to make expires at the end of business today
盖儿 别乱来
Gail, please.
- 你的提议是什么 - 不用钱
- What is your offer, Ms. Harris? - Nothing.
什么都不用给
You pay nothing.
赡养费 和解金
No alimony, no settlement,
夫妻共有财产都不用
no community property, nothing.
我一毛钱都不要
I don't want any money for myself,
除了孩子扶养费
just child support for the kids.
我不懂
I don't get it.
我要我儿子今晚就从摩洛哥飞回来
And I want my son on a plane back from Morocco to me,
还要单独监护权
tonight, and full custody.
- 你在耍什么花招 - 我不要你的钱
- What's your game? - I don't want your money.
人人都要我的钱
Everybody wants my money.
你要你的钱 我要保罗
You want your money, I want Paul.
我们可以各得所需
We can both have what we want.
我觉得我被骗了
I sense I'm being taken.
只是不知道骗法
I... I just don't know how.
你就是多疑
Can't help yourself.
你能累积巨富
You didn't get where you are
就是因为懂得精打细算
without a healthy regard for the value of a dollar.
你知道怎么做最划算
You know a bargain when you see one.
你懂得在对手最弱的时候 主动出击
You know how to seize the initiative when your opponent is at his weakest.
我现在就给你这辈子最划算的提议
What I'm offering you is the greatest bargain you'll ever get.
但划算的事都有期限
But free never lasts.
6点为止…走吧
6:00. Come.
我想留在那里
I wanted to stay.
我们回家 好么
Let's just go home, okay?
我跟爸和塔丽莎好好的
I was happy with Dad and Talitha.
你干嘛搞破坏
Why'd you have to ruin it?
盖提先生
Mr. Getty.
媒体来了
They're here.
盖提太太抱歉 盖提先生现在没空
I'm sorry, Ms. Getty, Mr. Getty is unavailable at the moment.
跟他说是他孙子在罗马被绑♥架♥的事
Tell him it's regarding his grandson's kidnapping in Rome.
我等他
I'll wait.
盖儿 你快来看
Gail, look at this.
据说你收到…
Mr. Getty, we've received reports
你孙子手写的
that a note has arrived written in your grandson's handwriting
1千7百万美元勒索信
demanding 17 million US dollars.
1千7百万
$17 million?
一个小孩居然要价这么高
That's an awful lot of money for such a young boy.
盖提先生 你会怎么做来确保孙子安全
Mr. Getty, what steps will you be taking to secure your grandson's safety?
什么也不做
None.
我不懂你的意思
I'm afraid we didn't get that, sir.
我有14个孙子女
I have 14 grandchildren.
要是我付了赎金
If I start paying ransoms,
14个孙子女都会被绑♥架♥
I'll have 14 kidnapped grandchildren.
你谈判的狠劲很出名
Yeah, but you're a famously ruthless negotiator, Mr. Getty.
因为 人生很少有值得付全额的事物
Yes, but there's very little in life worth paying full price for,
你不觉得么
don't you think?
那你愿意为你孙子付多少钱
How much would you pay for your grandson,
电影精选列表