contagious fogs which, falling on the land,
倾盆大雨使每一条溪河
hath every pelting river made so proud
都耀武扬威地泛滥到岸上
that they have overborne their continents.
执掌潮汐的月亮
Therefore the moon, the governess of floods,
气得脸孔发白 在空气中播满了湿气
pale in her anger, washes all the air,
人一沾染上就会得风湿
that rheumatic diseases do abound.
因为天时不正
And through this distemperature,
季候也反常了
we see the seasons alter,
春季 夏季
the spring, the summer,
丰收的秋季 暴怒的冬季
the childing autumn, angry winter,
都改换了平常的装束
change their wonted liveries,
世间无法再凭出产辨别出春夏秋冬
and the mazed world by their increase now knows not which is which.
这一切的恶果
And this same progeny of evils
皆因我们的不和与冲突所致
comes from our debate, from our dissension.
我们是一切灾祸的根源
We are their parents and original.
今夜大王在这里大开欢宴
The King doth keep his revels here tonight.
不如您也一同赴宴
Take heed, and you might join him in this sight.
要是我没有把你认错
Either I mistake your shape and making quite,
你就是那个狡狯奸诈的精灵
or else you are that shrewd and knavish sprite
名叫罗宾·好人吧
called Robin Goodfellow.
你不是吗
Are not you he?
正是在下
Thou speakest aright.
我就是那个快活的夜游者
I am that merry wanderer of the night.
专门为奥布朗讲笑话 博他一乐
I jest to Oberon and make him smile.
奥布朗的脾气差得很
Your Oberon is passing fell and wrath!
那就设法补救
Do you amend it, then.
这全在于你
It lies in you.
为什么提泰妮娅要违拗她的奥布朗呢
Why should Titania cross her Oberon?
你准备在这林中待多久
How long within this wood intend you stay?
也许要到忒修斯的婚礼以后
Perchance till after Theseus' wedding day.
牵着我的手 我就和你一起走
Give me your hand and I will go with thee.
拿你的仙国跟我换都休想
Not for all thy fairy kingdom!
精灵们 走吧
Fairies, away!
再多留一刻 我们就吵起来了
We shall chide downright if I longer stay!
那你就走吧
Well, go thy way!
为了这次的侮辱
Thou shalt not from this grove
我一定会在你走前惩罚你
till I torment thee for this injury!
我的好普克 过来
My gentle Puck, come hither.
你还记得
Thou rememberest
有一次我坐在一个海岬上
since once I sat upon a promontory
望见一个美人鱼骑在海豚的背上
and heard a mermaid on a dolphin's back
她唱起了动人的歌♥
uttering such dulcet and harmonious breath
歌♥声如此婉转而优美吗
that the rude sea grew civil at her song?
我记得
I remember.
就在那个时候 你没看见
That very time I saw, but thou couldst not
但我看见持弓的丘比特在冷月和地球间飞翔
flying between the cold moon and the Earth Cupid all arm'd.
他瞄准了一个目标
A certain aim he took,
从弓箭上射出了爱情之箭
and marked I where the bolt of Cupid fell.
那支箭落在西方一朵小花上
It fell upon a little western flower,
那花本是乳白色 因爱情的创伤而被染紫
before, milk-white, now purple with love's wound.
花的汁液滴在熟睡之人的眼皮上
The juice of it on sleeping eyelids laid
无论男女 醒来第一眼看见什么生物
will make or man or woman madly dote
都会发疯似地爱上
upon the next live creature that it sees.
我会等提泰妮娅入睡之后
I'll watch Titania when she is asleep,
把汁液滴在她的眼皮上
and drop the liquor of it in her eyes.
她一醒来第一眼看见的生物
The next thing then she, waking, looks upon
无论是狮子 熊 狼 公牛
be it on lion, bear, or wolf, or bull,
还是好事的猴子 忙碌的无尾猿
on meddling monkey or on busy ape
她都会带着最强烈的爱意去追求
she shall pursue it with the soul of love.
给我采来这种花
Fetch me this herb,
必须在鲸鱼游过四千公里之前回来复命
and be thou here again ere the leviathan can swim a league.
我会环绕世界一周
I'll put a girdle round about the Earth...
四十分钟就够了
in forty minutes!
谁过来了
But who comes here?
我不爱你 所以别跟着我
I love thee not, therefore pursue me not.
拉山德和美丽的赫米娅去哪了
Where is Lysander and fair Hermia?
我要杀死拉山德 但赫米娅却握着我的命
The one I'll slay, the other slayeth me.
所以你快离开 别再跟着我
Hence, get thee gone, and follow me no more!
你吸引我跟着你的 你这硬心肠的磁石
You draw me, you hard-hearted adamant!
可你吸的却不是铁 因为我的心像钢一样坚贞
But yet you draw not iron, for my heart is true as steel.
要是你去掉你的吸引力
Leave you your power to draw,
那我也就没有力量再跟着你了
and I shall have no power to follow you.
我引诱你了吗 我向你说过好话吗
Do I entice you? Do I speak you fair?
我不是说得很清楚了
Or rather do I not in plainest truth
我不爱你 也爱不上你吗
tell you I do not nor I cannot love you?
即使那样 我却更加爱你
And even for that do I love you the more!
我一看见你 就头痛
But I am sick when I do look on thee!
我不看见你 就心痛
And I am sick when I look not on you!
不想再听你说了 让我走
I will not stay thy questions. Let me go.
如果你再跟着我 相信我
Or if thou follow me, do not believe
在这座林中 我不会对你客气
but I shall do thee mischief in the wood.
在神庙中 市镇上 乡野间
In the temple, in the town, the field,
你处处欺负我
you do me mischief.
狄米特律斯
Fie, Demetrius!
我会跟随着你 让地狱化为天堂
I'll follow thee, and make a heaven of hell!
抱歉
Sorry.
鸽子追逐着鹰隼
The dove pursues the griffin!
温柔的牝鹿追捕着猛虎
The mild hind makes speed to catch the tiger!
再会吧 痴心女
Fare thee well, nymph.
请你把它给我
I pray thee, give it me.
我知道一处茴香盛开的水滩
I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
长满着樱草和盈盈的紫罗丝
where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
馥郁的金银花 芗泽的野蔷薇
quite overcanopied with luscious woodbine,
漫天张起了一幅芬芳的锦帷
with sweet muskroses and with eglantine.
有时提泰妮娅会在群花中酣醉
There sleeps Titania some time of the night.
柔舞清歌♥轻抚着她安睡
Lulled in these flowers with dances and delight.
小花蛇在那里丢下发亮的皮
And there the snake throws her enamelled skin,
小仙人拿来当做合身的外衣
weed wide enough to wrap a fairy in.
等你眼睛一睁开
What thou seest when thou dost wake,
就会看见你的真爱
do it for thy true love take.
你带着其余的花汁去林中访寻
Take thou some of it, and seek thou through this grove.
一个美丽的雅典少女爱上了一个薄情郎
A sweet Athenian lady is in love with a disdainful youth,
在他看到少女之前
anoint his eyes,
你将花的汁液点在他眼边
but do it when the next thing he espies. May be the lady.
他身上穿着雅典人的装束
Thou shalt know the man by the Athenian garments he hath on.
认清楚了
Effect it with some care,
让他对她的爱远远超过她爱他
that he may prove more fond on her than she upon her love.
等第一声鸡鸣时我们再见
And look thou meet me ere the first cock crow.
放心吧 主人 一切如你所愿
Fear not, my Lord, your servant shall do so.
等你醒来 你就看见你的爱
When thou wakest, it is thy dear.
会看见丑东西在身边
Wake when some vile thing is near.
吾爱 我在林中奔走 累得快要昏倒了
Fair love, I faint with wandering in the wood,
而且说实话 我已经忘记路了
and to speak truth, I have forgot our way.
照你说的做吧 拉山德 你去找张床
Be it so, Lysander! Find you out a bed,
我就在这花坛上睡了
for I upon this bank will rest my head.
我们应该共枕一块草地
One turf shall serve as pillow for us both,
两个胸膛一条心 同发一句誓 共眠一张床
one heart, one bed, two bosoms, and one troth.
两个胸膛彼此因盟誓连系
Two bosoms interchained with an oath,
共有着一片忠贞
so then two bosoms and a single troth.
拉山德真会说话
Lysander riddles very prettily.
再躺远一些
Lie further off yet,
不要挨得那么近
do not lie so near!
依着你那祈祷 我应和着阿门
Amen, amen, to that fair prayer say I,
如果我失去忠贞 我也会丧失性命
and then end life when I end loyalty.
静寂的深夜 谁在这里
Night and silence, who is here?
他身上穿着雅典的衣裳
Weeds of Athens he doth wear.
这里就是我的床了 愿睡眠给你充分的休养
Here is my bed - sleep give thee all his rest.
那愿望我愿意和你分享
With half that wish, the wisher's eyes be pressed.
坏东西 我已在你眼睛上
Churl, upon thy eyes I throw
施了神奇的魔法
all the power this charm doth owe.
求你停下 哪怕你杀了我也好