雅典
两三位贵人和小姐们同时大婚
忒修斯 忒修斯
Theseus! Theseus!
有请美丽的希波吕忒
Now, fair Hippolyta.
我们的婚期即将临近
Our nuptial hour draws on apace.
幸福的四天之后
Four happy days bring in
又是一弯新月升起 可对我而言
another moon, but, O, methinks,
这轮旧月消逝得如此之慢
how slow this old moon wanes.
白天很快就会变成黑夜
Four days will quickly steep themselves in night,
黑夜很快会在梦中悄然虚度
four nights will quickly dream away the time,
到时新月就会宛如一张银弓
and then the moon, like to a silver bow new-bent in heaven,
凌空照见你我的良宵美景
shall behold the night of our solemnities.
希波吕忒
Hippolyta...
我以我的剑立下婚誓
I woo'd thee with my sword,
以武力夺得你的芳心
and won thy love, doing thee injuries...
但婚礼我要以截然不同的方式
But I will wed thee in another key,
我们的婚礼要盛大热闹 尽情欢宴
with pomp, with triumph and with revelling.
雅典法庭
雅典法庭
雅典法庭
雅典法庭
雅典法庭
雅典法庭
伊吉斯觐见
伊吉斯觐见
伊吉斯觐见
伊吉斯觐见
伊吉斯觐见
伊吉斯觐见
祝福您 威名远播的忒修斯公爵
Happy be Theseus, our renowned Duke!
谢谢你 善良的伊吉斯 你有何贵干
Thanks, good Egeus, What's the news with thee?
我恼怒万分 特来控诉我的孩子
Full of vexation come I, with complaint against my child,
我女儿赫米娅
my daughter Hermia.
上前一步 狄米特律斯
Stand forth, Demetrius.
殿下 我已经把女儿许嫁给他
My noble lord, this man hath my consent to marry her.
上前一步 拉山德
Stand forth, Lysander.
然而 尊敬的公爵
And, my gracious Duke,
这家伙勾引诱惑我女儿
this man hath bewitch'd the bosom of my child.
他趁月夜跑到她窗前
He hath by moonlight at her window sung
拿腔作调唱着他的虚情假意
with feigning voice verses of feigning love.
♪明日迎来情人节♪
♪ Tomorrow is St Valentine's Day ♪
♪清晨时分♪
♪ All in the morning betime ♪
♪我就在你闺窗之下等候♪
♪ And I a maid at your window ♪
♪让我成为你的情人♪
♪ To be your valentine. ♪
他花言巧语骗取了我女儿的芳心
With cunning hast thou filch'd my daughter's heart,
让原本对我百依百顺的女儿
turn'd her obedience, which is due to me,
变得桀骜不驯 鉴于此 尊敬的公爵
to stubborn harshness. So, my gracious Duke,
我要求行使古雅典特权
I beg the ancient privilege of Athens.
她是我的女儿 就该任由我处置
As she is mine, I may dispose of her,
要么嫁给这位男士
which shall be either to this gentleman
要么处以死刑
or to her death!
你怎么说 赫米娅
What say you, Hermia?
听我一言 美丽的姑娘
Be advised, fair maid,
父亲于你而言就宛如神明
to you your father should be as a god.
-狄米特律斯值得托付终身 -拉山德也是
- Demetrius is a worthy gentleman... - So is Lysander!
恳请殿下宽恕我
I do entreat your grace to pardon me.
我不知道是什么让我如此胆大妄为
I know not by what power I am made bold,
我斗胆问殿下一句
but I beseech your grace that I may know
如果我拒绝嫁给狄米特律斯
the worst that may befall me in this case
将会遭受怎样的极刑
if I refuse to wed Demetrius.
死刑难逃
To die the death.
悔悟吧 亲爱的赫米娅
Relent, sweet Hermia,
至于你 拉山德
and, Lysander, yield
不要再丧心病狂地挑战我
thy crazed title to my certain right.
你已经得到她父亲的爱 狄米特律斯
You have her father's love, Demetrius,
让我拥有赫米娅的爱 你去娶她父亲吧
let me have Hermia's. Do you marry him!
对你而言 美丽的赫米娅
For you, fair Hermia, look you arm yourself
要顺从你父亲的意愿
to fit your fancies to your father's will,
否则将依雅典之律处置你
or else the law of Athens yields you up
判你死刑
to death!
在我所读过的书中
Ay me! For aught that I could ever read,
真爱之路从来都是崎岖不平的
the course of true love never did run smooth.
听我说 赫米娅
Hear me, Hermia!
我有个姑姑是一位富孀
I have a widow aunt, a dowager,
她很有钱却膝下无子
of great revenue, and she hath no child.
约34公里
从雅典到她家约7里格路程
From Athens is her house remote seven leagues;
而且她把我当亲生独子一样对待
and she respects me as her only son.
温柔的赫米娅 我们可以在那里结婚
There, gentle Hermia, may I marry thee;
在那里就算雅典法律的利爪也奈何不了我们
and to that place the sharp Athenian law cannot pursue us.
如果你爱我
If thou lovest me,
那明天晚上你就溜出你父亲的大宅
then steal forth thy father's house later tonight,
约10公里
到郊外2里格处的森林
and in the wood, two leagues without the town,
我就在那里等你
there will I stay for thee.
我的好拉山德
My good Lysander,
午夜时分 我一定与你在那里相会
come midnight truly will I meet with thee.
不要爽约 亲爱的 是海丽娜来了
Keep promise, love. Oh, look, here comes Helena.
上帝保佑美丽的海丽娜 你要去哪
God speed, fair Helena! Whither away?
夸我美丽
Call you me fair?
还是把「美丽」收回去吧
That "fair" again unsay.
狄米特律斯爱你的美丽 幸福的美人
Demetrius loves your fair. O happy fair!
疾病会传染
Sickness is catching.
如果美丽也能传染
O, were favour so,
美丽的赫米娅 我愿意染上你的美丽
yours would I catch, fair Hermia, ere I go.
我要用耳朵捕获你的声音 目光追随你的明眸
My ear should catch your voice, my eye your eye,
说话谈吐像你一样甜美动听
my tongue should catch your tongue's sweet melody.
求你教我如何暗送秋波
O, teach me how you look, and with what art
还有施展什么魔力网获狄米特律斯的心
you sway the motion of Demetrius' heart.
我都横眉冷对了 他还是爱我
I frown upon him, yet he loves me still.
要是我的笑容能和你的横眉冷对一样就好了
O that your frowns would teach my smiles such skill!
我越讨厌他 他越是追着我不放
The more I hate, the more he follows me.
我越是爱他 他就越讨厌我
The more I love, the more he hateth me.
海丽娜 他犯傻可不是我的错
His folly, Helena, is no fault of mine.
都是你美貌的错
None but your beauty.
如果这错误是我的就好了
Would that fault were mine!
别担心 他再也看不到我这张脸了
Take comfort. He no more shall see my face.
我和拉山德要逃离这里
Lysander and myself will fly this place.
海丽娜 不瞒你说
Helen, to you our minds we will reveal.
我们准备溜出雅典城门
Through Athens' gates have we devised to steal.
从此告别雅典
And thence from Athens turn away our eyes
去结交新朋友 与异乡人为伴了
to seek new friends and stranger companies.
再见了 亲爱的伙伴
Farewell, sweet playfellow.
为我们祈祷吧
Pray thou for us,
祝你得到狄米特律斯的爱
and good luck grant thee thy Demetrius.
不要失约 拉山德
Keep word, Lysander.
我们必须暂时忍♥受一下离别之苦 明晚见
We must starve our sight from lovers' food till later, deep midnight.
我会的 赫米娅
I will, my Hermia.
海丽娜 再见
Helena, adieu!
愿狄米特律斯爱你 一如你爱他
As you on him, Demetrius dote on you.
「愿狄米特律斯爱你 一如你爱他」
"As you on him, Demetrius dote on you."
所有雅典人都认为我跟她一样美
Through Athens I am thought as fair as she!
但那又如何 狄米特律斯不这么想
But what of that? Demetrius thinks not so.
爱情从不是用眼睛看 而是一种感觉
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
丘比特只有翅膀没有眼睛
所以长着翅膀的丘比特常被画成盲目
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
狄米特律斯在看到赫米娅之前
For ere Demetrius looked on Hermia's eyne
他也曾信誓旦旦说他只属于我
he hailed down oaths that he was only mine.
我得去告诉他美丽的赫米娅要私奔
I will go tell him of fair Hermia's flight!
那么他明晚一定会去树林追她
Then to the wood will he this very night
如果这次通风报信
pursue her, and for this intelligence
我能得到一些酬谢 付出代价也会很大
if I have thanks it is a dear expense.
但我的目的是要补偿自己的痛楚
But herein mean I to enrich my pain,
让我能再一次欣赏到他的英俊面容
to have his sight thither, and back again.
老工匠
老工匠
老工匠
爱人 照我观察的
Love, therefore, and tongue-tied simplicity
无言的纯朴所表示的情感 才是最丰富的
in least speak most, to my capacity.
波顿
Bottom!