剧集 | 全程直击(2017) | 导航列表
So I got Lavinia Peck-Foster off for murdering her husband.
我证明了拉维尼亚·佩克-福斯特没有谋杀亲夫
The problem is, she murdered her husband.
但问题在于 她的确谋杀了自己的丈夫
To right that wrong,
为了纠正我犯下的错误
I now represent Town Garbage Fire,
我现在代表小镇害虫
Jesse Ray Beaumont, who was convicted
杰西·雷·伯龙 也就是九年前
of killing Lavinia's brother nine years ago.
被判为杀死拉维尼亚的弟弟的凶手
I've gotten... subtle hints
我感受到了一些微妙的暗示
that not everyone is happy I'm reopening this case.
不是每个人都愿意我重开这起案子
But I truly believe that Lavinia killed her brother Chet,
但我真心相信拉维尼亚杀了她的弟弟切特
and when I prove that, I will be getting justice
当我证实了这点之后 我会为
for Jesse Ray Beaumont and justice for Lavinia Peck-Foster.
杰西·雷·伯龙和拉维尼亚·佩克-福斯特争取正义
And no matter how you feel about either of them,
无论你对这两人有什么看法
no one can argue with justice.
没有人可以撼动正义的力量
Peckers are asking, "Where is the justice?"
佩克人♥民♥都在质问"正义何在"
as East Peck's original "Trial of the Century"
因东佩克的"世纪之案"
is being reopened by briefly-liked lawyer Josh Segal.
被近来小有名气的律师乔许·西格尔重开
Nine years ago, the seven-month trial riveted the town,
九年前 这个耗时七个月的案件震惊了全镇
cutting what was already the nation's shortest school year
将已经是全国最短的学年
to a single week.
缩减到了仅一周
Nine years ago was my third swing through tenth grade.
九年前是我第三次读十年级
I was real popular 'cause I just turned 21.
我当时人缘很好 因为我满21岁了
That was a pretty sweet week.
那一周真的很愉快
The Jesse Ray Beaumont trial
我作为法庭记者的第一天
was my first day as a court reporter.
就报道了杰西·雷·伯龙的案件
The guy in the suit with the hair was angry,
穿着西装的怪异发型男很生气
and the woman in the hat was sad.
戴着帽子的女人很悲伤
And it was my last day as a court reporter.
然后这也成为了我做法庭记者的最后一天
This is going to be my last case.
这将是我判的最后一个案件
I'm going to be singing baritone at Lincoln Center,
我要去林肯中心唱男中音了
provided I don't lose my voice.
只要我不失声的话
It was my first big trial.
那是我接的第一个大案子
I was a junior attorney with my whole future ahead of me.
我当时还是个有着光辉前景的新人律师
I'll your teeth in your Goddamn throat, Jesse Ray!
我要把你大牙打掉 杰西·雷
You know I don't need your town,
我才不在乎这个小破镇子
your little town.
这小破镇子
I'll beat the D.A. And
我要打败地方检察官
I am a much bigger person now.
我现在成熟多了
Nine years ago, I was interning
九年前 我在曼哈顿
at the biggest law firm in Manhattan.
最大的律师所实习
Every one of these people who interned with me
和我一起实习的每一个人
are millionaires now.
现在都成了百万富翁
They're all married, kids.
他们都结婚了 有了孩子
Me?
我呢
I'm doing my third big case in a row
做着我职业生涯位列第三的大案
for no money.
还一分钱都不赚
me.
倒霉催的
Morning, Dwayne. Morning, Anne.
早上好 德维恩 早上好 安妮
Hey, any messages? Just the usual.
有留言吗 和平时一样
A bunch of hate mail and several boxes of feces.
一些恐吓信和几箱子粪便
I put them on your desk.
我放在你的桌上了
And I couldn't get the arrow out of the bear,
我没办法把那只箭从熊身上弄出来
so I turned it into a nature scene.
所以我就模拟了一个自然景象
Well, thank you, Dwayne, and thank you, Anne.
好吧 谢谢你德维恩 也谢谢你 安妮
Now, Carol Anne Keane is seeking the death penalty,
卡罗·安妮·基恩正在争取死刑判决
and Jesse Ray's life hangs in the balance.
杰西·雷就在生死之间了
But we can save him if we prove
但我们能救他一命 只要我们证明
that Lavinia was the one who killed Chet.
拉特维亚才是杀死了切特的人
This is a classic underdog story.
这是个典型的弱者的故事
It's like David and Goliath.
就像大卫和巨人歌♥利亚的故事一样
You mean David and Glenn? Who are David and Glenn?
你是说大卫和格伦吗 大卫和格伦是谁
David is little, and Glenn is big.
大卫个头很小 格伦个头很大
Glenn got my sister pregnant. Good guy.
格伦把我姐姐肚子搞大了 他人不错
Sure. David and... and Glenn.
好吧 大卫和格伦
David is who we are, right, 'cause David is the underdog
我们就是大卫 对吧 因为大卫处于弱势
who did not get Dwayne's sister pregnant.
就是没把德维恩姐姐肚子搞大的那个
Not for lack of trying.
但可不是因为他没试过噢
Reopening this case has been a godsend.
重开这个案件真是天赐的礼物
By taking on Jesse Ray, my poll numbers have tripled.
接手杰西·雷的案件后 我的票数长了两倍
Imagine what'll happen when I put him to death.
想想我如果让他背上死刑会怎样
Suck it, Dem Nutz.
去死吧 德姆·那茨
It's a long race.
这是场持久战
All rise!
所有人起立
Actually, I need to talk to Lawyer,
我需要和律师谈一谈
and we need some privacy.
并且需要一些私人空间
That is not how it works.
这不符合程序
All leave.
所有人退场
Uh, Lawyer, I felt like we had something,
律师 我们明明亲密默契
then all of a sudden, you turned cold.
但突然你就对我冷淡了
What happened?
发生什么了
You killed a lot of people.
你杀了不少人
Oh, right. Never forget.
好吧 你抓着不放了
Too bad. You could have had all this.
太惨了 你本来能拥有这一切
Some of this. Ohh, most of this.
一点这个 还有很多这个
This on Sunday. This on your birthday.
周日给你这些 生日给你这些
I know that you killed Chet,
我知道是你杀了切特
and I am going to prove it.
我要证明这点
And for the record,
顺便告诉你
I got a bike for my birthday,
我生日收到了一辆自行车
and as soon as I get a helmet,
等我拿到头盔后
I am going to ride it to visit you in jail.
我就骑车去监狱给你探监
We're done here.
我们谈完了
Pecks don't get mad.
佩克家族人从不发怒
We get even...
我们只会
madder.
狂怒
Your Honor, as highest-polling candidate
法官大人 作为这个房♥间中
for D.A. In this room...
票数领先的地检候选人
Don't get cocky, Keane.
别这么傲慢 基恩
This is my moment, Mr. Nutz!
现在是我的主场 那茨先生
...the people ask that bail be set at $1 million,
公诉方请求把保释金设为一百万美金
seeing as the defendant is clearly at risk of running.
因为被告方明显有逃跑的可能
I will never run!
我才不会跑
Running is a fictional sport
跑步就是一个被紧身衣行业
sold to us by the tight-clothes industry.
兜售给我们的虚拟运动
My current client is far less a flight risk
我现在的客户和我先前的客户比起来
than my previous client, whose bail was set at $10.
逃跑的风险小多了 而她的保释金只有十美元
Your Honor, Mr. Ray Beaumont deserves the same rights
法官大人 雷·伯龙先生应该享有和最有名望的佩克人
as the most prominent Peckers.
同样的权益
This case is the Have Nots versus the Haves.
这个案件就是没权利的对有权利的
Weak versus strong.
弱者对强者
David versus Goliath!
大卫对巨人歌♥利亚
He means Glenn.
他是说格伦
He got my sister pregnant.
他把我姐姐肚子搞大了
Your Honor, the People know this man is innocent.
法官大人 公诉人明知这个人是无罪的
Frankly, the Defense thinks the People should be kinder
实话实说 被告方认为检方应该更善良些
given the Defense might have put that baby in the People.
毕竟检方的孩子可能是被告方给的
Fine.
好吧
The People are willing to set bail at $100.
检方要求的保释金为一百美元
I didn't want to manipulate Carol Anne Keane like that,
我不想那样操纵卡罗尔·安妮·基恩
but these are high stakes.
但是赌注很高
Provided Mr. Ray Beaumont is released into the custody
如果雷·伯龙先生保释后
of his attorney. What's that now?
由他的律师监管 这什么意思
If he thinks he can manipulate me, the Defense does not know
要是他以为他能够操纵我
what kind of person the People is.
他也太不了解本公诉人的为人了
What did the judge say?
法官说什么
If I can make bail, I can live with you.
如果我能保释 我可以和你一起生活
You don't have $100?
你连一百元都没有
No wonder she's still pregnant.
难怪她还没生下来孩子
This guy defends immigrant children against deportation.
这个人保护移♥民♥儿童不被驱逐出境
Ryan Gosling's gonna play him in the movie, so...
瑞恩·高斯林在电影里会扮演他...
we're both doing good.
我们都干得不错
剧集 | 全程直击(2017) | 导航列表