So at 1:48,
在1点48分
we start to get a series of alarms on the second floor.
二层开始有一系列警报被触发
The alarms occurred in the Dutch Room until 1:51,
荷兰厅的警报直到1点51分才停止
and then you start to see other alarms occurring.
然后 其他警报开始被触发
An alarm in the Italian Room,
意大利厅触发了警报
then it went to the Little Salon.
然后是小客厅
And then there were a long series of alarms.
接着 是一长串警报
There's an alarm in the Dutch Room again,
荷兰厅又传来警报
and then an alarm in the second floor hallway,
然后是二层走廊
and then there were no further alarms for four minutes.
接下来的四分钟里不再有警报
But then there's an alarm in the Little Salon again.
但随即又有警报从小客厅传来
That just was curious to me.
这让我很好奇
There seems to be a gap in the alarms from 2:15 to 2:23.
似乎2点15分到2点23分之间 报♥警♥中断了
It's a period of eight minutes.
一共八分钟
At 2:28 a.m.,
到了2点28分
there's another 12 minute gap until 2:40 a.m.
又中断了12分钟 直到2点40分
It appears that there were no alarms triggered on the first floor
窃贼进入博物馆后 一层的警报
while the thieves were inside the museum.
似乎没有被触发
According to this printout,
根据这份记录
the thievesxa0are inside the museum for 81 minutes,
窃贼在博物馆里前后一共81分钟
and they didn't trigger any alarms for 48 of those minutes.
其中有48分钟 他们没有触发一个警报
In those days, you didn't saturate the museum,
那个年代 博物馆还不是步步设防
so there might have been hallways that didn't have motion detection.
也许有的走廊没有动态传感器
I know they had difficulties running wires in that building.
我知道他们在那座建筑物里面布线不容易
They also had a fire alarm that occurred that night.
那天晚上还有过一次火情警报
So it's very possible that they had a power glitch.
所以很可能出现了供电故障
I wish that I would have been asked about this early on,
真希望他们一开始就来问我
because it does change your understanding of what actually happened.
因为这的确会改变你对当晚案情的判断
You know, some days you'd go into a room
有时候 你会走进一间房♥间
just to seexa0if the motion sensor would catch you.
只是为了看看动态传感器是否会捕捉到你
You know, they worked, but...
它们管用 但是...
they weren'txa0100% reliable.
并不是百分百可靠
Well, apparently, me on my round
貌似我巡逻之后
is the last time there's any alarm in the Blue Room.
蓝厅里就没有再传出过警报
They wanted to know how it would be possible
他们想知道 窃贼怎么可能
for the thieves to get that painting out of that room.
从那个展厅里把画偷出来
How they stole the Manet? Right.
-他们是怎么偷走马奈那幅画的 -对
Which is a perfectly reasonable question.
这个问题问得合情合理
And my answer is, I have no idea.
我的回答是 我不知道
Okay.
好吧
But the likelihood of your sitting down,
但是你坐下
having a few beers, smoking a little dope and saying something,
喝啤酒 抽大♥麻♥ 无意中说了什么
is that about... That's pretty likely.
-这会不会... -很有可能啊
We were allxa0bitchingxa0about the security in that place.
我们都在抱怨博物馆的安保系统
For Rick to take that painting?
里克把画偷走了
No way.
不可能
What's he gonna do with it?
他偷去干什么用
Those guys cut the other ones out of the frames
那些人把其他的画从画框里割下来
and Rick gets to get away with that one?
唯独这张归了里克
Please.
拜托
I don't wanna put anything on Rick's shoulders.
我不想把过错归咎于里克
I know Rick, he knows me.
我认识里克 他也认识我
If we could've charged somebody, we would've.
如果我们能对谁提起诉讼 我们会的
So, I think that speaks for itself.
所以我想这是不言而喻的
We never made it to thexa0point where we could charge somebody.
我们始终没有足够的证据起诉任何人
I was completely panicking.
我完全慌了
And then I started singing, "I Shall Be Released."
然后我开始唱"我会被释放"
♪ I see my light ♪
♪ 我看到我的光 ♪
♪ Come shining ♪
♪ 来照着我 ♪
♪ From the west down to the east ♪
♪ 从西到东 ♪
What happened, happened.
发生了就是发生了
For some reason,
出于某种原因
I seem to bexa0the only person involved in this thing
我似乎是此事所涉及的人中
who's not trying to figure it out.
唯一不想把它弄清楚的一个
And that mainly comes down to I'm glad to be alive.
说到底就是 我很高兴我还活着
♪ I shall be released ♪
♪ 我会被释放 ♪
I think if there is a secret within him,
我想 如果他有一个秘密的话
he said the wrong thing unintentionally to the wrong person.
那就是他无意中说了什么 被坏人听到了
Did the bad guys know that there was only one alarm to the outside world?
坏人是否知道博物馆通向外界的通道只有一个报♥警♥器
It was known by every guard and every night watchman.
每个保安 每个值夜班的人都知道
It didn't have to be Rick who gave them that secret.
这个秘密不一定是里克泄露的
It was mid-September 1981.
那是1981年9月中旬
I was acting chief of security at the time.
我当时是代理安保主管
I forget what day it was, but it was during the day.
我忘了是周几 但是那天
Well-dressed fellow with a briefcase came in.
一个衣履光鲜的人提着公文包走了进来
It was Detective Clark from the FBI.
是联邦调查局的克拉克探员
He showed his credentials.
他出示了证件
And when I saw the badge and the FBI thing...
当我看到他的徽章 联邦调查局的证件...
It gets your attention.
你当然会很重视
He said, "I just thought you would like to know that...
他说"我只是想让你知道...
somebody is casing you."
有人在对你们博物馆踩点"
He told me the whole story about this guy by the name of Royce.
他告诉我 有一个叫罗伊斯的人
How this guy was an area lowlife.
在这一带是个不三不四的家伙
Royce is gonna throw a smoke bomb in the courtyard,
罗伊斯准备在庭院里扔一颗烟雾弹
and in the ensuing confusion
然后趁乱
pull the Whistler and the Matisse and, I think, the Sargent out.
偷走惠斯勒 马蒂斯和萨金特几位的画
And they arrested him.
他们把他抓住了
The FBI guy, Mr. Clark,
那个联邦调查局的人 克拉克
he said this fellow had way too much information.
他说这个人知道得太多了
You either have someone who's willingly giving out information
要么有人自愿地向他提供信息
or you have a tapped resource.
要么是他窃听了我们的电♥话♥
You could've had an insider friendly with organized crime,
你可能有个内应和犯罪团伙关系不错
or owed a debt to organized crime,
或者是欠他们的债
or a debt to a gambler or a drug dealer.
或者欠了一个赌徒或毒贩子的债
And this was sort of payment.
用这种方式还债
We'll let you in the museum or give you information.
我们帮你进入博物馆 或者向你提供信息
It could've been that.
这是有可能的
Boston's a small town. Everybody's related, didn't you know that?
波士顿是个小城市 大家互相都认识 你不知道吗
Of course there were people in the museum that had mob ties.
博物馆里当然会有人和黑社会有瓜葛
Who didn't, right?
谁没有呢
I think that a lot of people had access to that place.
我想很多人都有渠道进入那里
Louis Royce was an active member of the Rossetti Gang.
路易·罗伊斯是罗塞蒂黑帮的积极分子
And they were alwaysxa0looking for scores.
他们总是在找目标下手
Banks, armored cars.
银行 装甲车
That tells me that the Rossetti Gang knew through Louis...
这让我知道罗塞蒂黑帮通过路易...
that this museum was vulnerable to a theft.
了解到这个博物馆安防薄弱 可以下手
In '81, the museum's made aware
1981年 博物馆接到警告
that vipers are in the grass and moving towards you.
他们的周围饿狼四伏 正在向他们逼近
So, that would seem to me to have been
在我看来 那是很明确的信♥号♥♥
clear indications that it's time to get up to speed.
告诉你应该加强安保措施了
It was a real eye opener as to how vulnerable we really were.
这件事让我们看清了我们的防范措施有多薄弱
We sat down and talked with the director, who was Rollin Hadley at the time,
我们和当时的馆长罗林·哈德利坐下来研究
and a couple of other people, and sat down and saying,
此外还有几个人 大家一起商量 我们说
"Here's thexa0reality. What we gonna do?"
"现实就是这样 我们怎么办"
I was a little taken aback that Mr. Hadley didn't take it as serious.
但哈德利没有那么重视 我挺意外的
His attitude was more or less, "They caught the guy, right?"
他的态度基本就是 "他们不是把他抓住了吗"
I go, "Well, it didn't happen, but something very similar can happen."
我说 "这次没有出事 但类似的事情还有可能发生"
It's inattention.
不重视
One museum trustee, Arnold Hiatt,
一个博物馆受托人 阿诺德·西雅特
had been recently elevated to a trustee in the museum,
不久前刚当选为博物馆受托人
and he said, "We have to get a new director
他说"我们得换一个馆长
who really cares about... Who's on his or her toes."
换一个真正在乎的人... 一个高度警觉的人"
That's what they hired in Anne Hawley.
于是他们找到了安妮·霍利
I took over in September of 1989, but it was practically 1990.
我是1989年9月接任的 但基本就算是1990年吧
It's such a beautiful environment
这里环境太美了
that you almost pinch yourself to be there every day.
每天你都会怀疑自己是不是在梦中
This was being in nature and art.
置身于自然和艺术氛围之中
The collection, at the time, was insured for everything but theft.
当时 馆藏的艺术品上了所有保险 唯独没有上失窃险
But there werexa0lots of initiatives that I was trying to push forward.
但我有很多计划想要付诸实行
The museum had yet to install a climate control system.
博物馆还没有安装气候调节系统