"Your services are needed."
"我们需要你协助"
They'd bring in some realxa0high-powered guy
他们一定会请来一个重量级人物
who had done something like this somewhere before.
一个有这方面经验的人
It doesn't sound like that happened.
可是听上去好像不是这样
By the time I get involved, it's 20 years later.
等我介入的时候 已是20年后了
I spent a lot of time focusedxa0on, "What evidence do we have?"
我花了很长时间想要搞清楚"我们还有哪些物证"
Was there any identification you guys could have made
你们是否辨认出了
from who had entered thexa0museum the night previous?
前一天晚上进入博物馆的人
Um, we tried to figure out who that was.
我们想要搞清楚那是谁
We made the determination
最终我们决定
it would be bestxa0to release the video to the public,
最好还是把录像公之于众
and the Globe, New York Times, and other outlets picked it up.
"波士顿环球报" "纽♥约♥时♥报♥" 等媒体做了报道
The car drives up, you see some light in it.
就是那辆车开过来了 可以看到里面有点儿亮光
I sat down with FBI assistant special agent in charge Peter Kowenhoven,
我采访了联邦调查局特别探员主管助理彼得·考文霍温
who took me through the 25-year-oldxa0video
他为我播放了一段25年前的录像
released publicly for the veryxa0first time.
这是第一次公之于众
He shows me the guy he wants your help in identifying.
他给我看了录像中的那个人 希望公众协助指认
That's the individual of interest. He just came in.
这就是我们想要找到的那个人 他进来了
You see the corner of his head as it bounces back and forth.
你可以看到他头部的一部分 来回晃动
Begs the question, had nobody seen that tape?
这引出一个问题 此前没有人看到过这段录像吗
I don't know. I had never seen it. I don't...
我不知道 我没看到过
I have never spoken toxa0anybody that has seen the tape.
我也没有和见过这段录像的人交谈过
A cold case,xa0you don't think of that. The stuff's been in storage for 25 years.
一个积年的悬案 你不会往那方面想 这东西尘封25年了
You don't thinkxa0of getting it out, showing it to the public.
你不会考虑要把它公开出来
You think everyone's seen it like you have, and they haven't.
你会想 你看过 其他人一定也看过 而他们并没有看过
What did you think when that police tape comes out in 2015?
2015年那段警方录像公开以后 你有何感想
I laughed.
我笑了
You mean to say it took all that time to see it?
过了那么多年才看到录像
The FBI has concluded they know who it is,
联邦调查局得出结论 说他们知道那人是谁
and it was potentially one of the employees.
可能是一个博物馆职工
The FBI, they get a call from a couple of ex-guards,
联邦调查局接到几个当年的保安打来的电♥话♥
one of whom says,
其中一人说
"That's nothing suspicious. That's not a mystery."
"这没什么可疑之处 并不神秘"
She says, "That's Larryxa0O'Brien, the deputy director."
她说"那是拉瑞·奥布莱恩 副馆长"
Why are we learning about this in 2015?
为什么我们到2015年才知道
Why 25 years after the theft?
为什么是在案发25年之后
We didn't have much confidence in the FBI.
我们对联邦调查局缺乏信心
It didn't seem to be the high priority.
这好像不是他们的一个优先事项
We didn't think we were getting, really, their full attention.
我们觉得他们并没有充分关注本案
They seemed distracted. I didn't know why at the time.
他们好像不是专心办案 当时我不知道为什么
After the heist, the largest art heist in the world,
全世界最大的艺术品失窃案之后
that same week there were these blockbuster indictments
就在同一周发生了一场轰动性诉讼
where 21 members of the New England Mafia
21名新英格兰黑♥手♥党♥成员
were charged with racketeering and loan sharking and murders.
被控欺诈 放高♥利♥贷♥和谋杀
I can tell you, the conversation wasn't about the museum.
很明显 人们谈论的话题不是博物馆
It should lay to rest once and for all
我可以一次性地彻底终结
any doubts that La Cosa Nostra
人们的怀疑 "我们自己的事"
is a figment of law enforcement's imagination.
不是警方想象出来的
How you doin'?
你好吗
Good. How's it going? Good, good.
-很好 你好吗 -很好
But it does seem like within the criminal world here,
不过 在犯罪分子中间
these paintings were a get-out-of-jail-free card.
这些画似乎的确可以帮人出狱
This had been done before. This isn't just conjecture.
以前就有人干过 这不是推测
Who did it,
谁干的
why did they do it, and whom were they connected with
他们为什么要干 他们和谁有关联
that it would allow them to get away with this art?
帮助他们偷走藏品成功脱逃