前情提要
过了这么久 我们都没动过
All this time, we won't have moved.
你从英军手中逃回来了吗
You got away from the British?
-你们有多少人逃回来了 -就我一个
- How many of you? - Just me.
随他们去吧
Leave them.
什么
What?!
放开我
Get off me!
你会把我们都害死的
You'll get us both killed!
我们怎么知道它会结束呢
How do we know...it will end?
会结束的 必须结束
It will. It has to.
或许要等到全部人都死光的时候吧
Maybe when there's no-one left to fight any more?
再用力
One big push.
拜托 加油 就快生出来了
Please... please, you're nearly there.
是个男孩
It's a boy.
抱歉 我只有这么多了
I'm sorry, that's all I've got.
英国先遣部队 比利时
汤米
Tommy!
是个男孩
It's a boy!
他们给他取名叫汤玛斯
They called him Thomas!
是个男孩
It's a boy!
德军隐退处 比利时
撤退 挖坑 撤退 挖坑
Move back, dig in, move back, dig in.
我们这一个月来都在不断往后撤退
We've done nothing but go backwards for a month.
我的意思是 为什么不干脆撤到底算了
All I'm saying is, why don't we just keep going back?
一直撤回老家吗 抛枪弃械就跑路吗
All the way home? Just throw down our guns and go?
你以为我想待在这里吗
D'you think I want to be here?!
你以为我们有任何人想待在这里吗
D'you think any of us want to be here?!
但我们就在这里
But we are!
我整整4年
I haven't spent four years of my life
看着我爱的那些人在我身边一个个死去
watching people that I love die all around me
可不是为了最后丢盔弃甲逃回家
just to drop my rifle and go home!
对不起 对不起
Sorry. Sorry!
我也眼睁睁地看着我的朋友死去
I've watched my friends die too.
我受够了那种感觉
I'm sick of it.
我已经可以感觉到一切快要结束了
I suppose I can smell the end of it.
我很害怕那样 就如同我害怕打仗一样
And I'm just as frightened by that, as I am of fighting.
我们不断往前进军 但怎么一个德军都没看到
We keep moving forward, but how come we haven't seen any Germans?
我们会遇到的 不然我们在这里干什么
We will. Can't think what else we're doing here.
我们在逼退他们 就是这样
We're pushing them back, that's all.
他们都说德国人已经受够了
They're saying the Germans might have had enough
毕竟美国人也站在了我们这边
now the Americans have joined us.
来自爱尔兰卫队的一个家伙说他听说有些德军
A bloke from the Irish Guards said that he heard some of them
已经放弃抵抗 逃回家了
were giving up and heading back home.
别跟我说战争在圣诞节前就会彻底结束
Don't tell me...this'll all be over by Christmas.
他们都是这么说的
That's what they're saying.
是啊 他们在1914年时也是这么说的
Yeah, and they said that in 1914,
在1915 1916和1917年也一样
1915, and '16 and '17...
好吧 但是...
All right, but
如果他们这次说对了呢
what if they're right what they're saying this time?
那我们就可以回家了
And we can go home?
那我就会亲吻从这里到英国老家路上遇到的每一个人
Then I'll kiss everyone I see from here to Blighty...
好吧 某些人除外
Well, maybe not everyone.
肯定很快就要结束了
It's got to be over soon.
我都不知道我还能不能坚持下去了
I don't know if I can do much more...
你会没事的
You'll be all right.
不 我说真的 汤米 我觉得我快要发疯了
No, I mean it, Tommy, I think I'll go mad.
跟紧我 好吗 我们一起回家
Just stick with me, all right? We'll go home together.
报纸上有一篇关于波兰的报道
There's an article about Poland.
"当革命之火燃遍欧洲大地时
"As revolution grows across Europe
休战协议的达成也指日可待
"And the armistice gets closer,
很多人预测几周内
it is thought there could be
就会建立新的波兰共和国"
"A new People's Republic of Poland within weeks!"
能把那报纸给我收着吗 到时候给我父亲看
Can I keep it? To show my father?
听着 他们在前方200码的地方挖了战壕
Right, they've dug in 200 yards ahead
搭建了铁丝网
and put wire down,
大炮的攻击会让他们明白我们来了
so artillery's going to let them know we're here!
担架兵
Stretcher Bearers!
-来了 长官 -快走
- Coming, Sir! - Move yourselves.
快点
Come on!
快躲避
Move yourselves!
我们有伤员 快 快走开
We've got injured. Come on, move!
"匈牙利和奥地利已退出战争
"With Hungary and now Austria out of the war,
德国已经是孤立无援
"The Germans are becoming isolated
休战协议的达成将指日可待"
"And the armistice grows nearer by the day."
打断一下 是乔安娜·布朗的信 乔安娜
Excuse me. Joanna Brown. Joanna.
"据称德国的投降条款将很快被提交给
"It is thought that German terms will soon be presented
协约国联合政♥府♥ 最终
"To the Allied and Associated Governments and finally...
战争将就此结束"
".. the war will be over."
她父亲战死了
Her dad's been killed.
我想我们接下来都无法请假了 孩子
I'm not sure if we'll get any more leave, son,
毕竟高层领导认为我们已经逼得他们落荒而逃
not while top brass thinks we've got them on the run.
我们现在听到的唯一命令就是乘胜追击
All we're hearing is push forward.
我妻子刚生下孩子 中士
I've got a baby, Sergeant.
如果真的达成休战协议
Well, if this armistice happens,
很快我们就都可以回家了
we'll all be home for good soon.
-您真这么认为吗 -肯定会达成的
- Do you really think so? - It'll happen,
但不要问我是什么时候
just don't ask me when.
但愿是在你的幼子达到上学年龄之前
Hopefully before that nipper of yours starts school.
我会帮你问问的 好吗
I'll ask. All right?
中士
Sergeant?
有没有办法把德里克调到后勤供给战壕去
Is there any chance of moving Derek back to supply trenches?
他情况不太好
He's not right.
你去看看有谁情况好啊
Go out there and find me a man who is.
我今天都没发挥什么作用 对吧
Wasn't much use today, was I?
我们在过去的几周中行军很长距离
We've marched miles in the past few weeks,
你只是累了 仅此而已
you're just tired, that's all.
我们都一样
We all are.
但你表现得很好
But you're doing brilliantly.
低着头小心点 一直坚持到底 记得吗
Head down, push on till the job's done, remember?
我会努力的 汤米
I'll try, Tommy.
但每次有炮弹爆♥炸♥ 我都吓得魂飞魄散
But every time a shell goes off, I jump out of my skin.
我的手一直在抖
My hands are always shaking...
我的神经高度紧张
my nerves are shot.
我不想死
I don't want to die.
跟紧我 你不会有事的
Just stay close to me, you'll be all right.
你觉得我是个懦夫吗
D'you think I'm a coward?
不是
No!
别再这么说了
Don't ever say that.
我们都很害怕 每个人都一样
We're all scared... every single one of us.
或许你比我更加习惯这些
Maybe you're more used to it than I am.
有时候我的手会抖得特别厉害
Sometimes my hands are shaking so much,
我不得不把手臂插入沙袋才能开枪
I have to wedge my arm into the sandbags just to fire me rifle.
恐惧并没有什么错
There's nothing wrong with being scared,
那意味着你还是个人
it just means you're human.
恐惧会保住你这条命
Being scared will keep you alive.
你去好好睡一觉吧
You get some sleep.
谢谢你 汤米
Thanks, Tommy.
你为什么总是看那本书啊
Why are you always reading that?
我想 可能是这书总让我想到家吧
It reminds me of home, I suppose.
这是我有生以来得到的第一本书
It's the first book I ever got.
大约是我6岁时得到的
Must have been about six.
我会把我看到过的鸟都标记下来
I mark off the ones I've seen,
有时甚至会用素描画出来
sketch them sometimes too.
真有意思
It's funny...
我觉得人们都没意识到鸟有多漂亮
I don't think people realise how beautiful birds are.
你在外面会看到很多鸟
You know, you see them out here.
它们会停在铁刺网上
They even land on the barbed wire.
那么美的东西
Something so beautiful...
停留于这如此丑恶的战争中
in the middle of something so ugly.
你觉得他们说的是真的吗
D'you think it's true what people are saying?
说战争很快就要结束了
That the fighting will stop soon?
再看吧