第一季 第一集
Just a little bit...
就摸一下
No! It doesn't feel right.
不行 那样是不对的
It does to me.
我觉得很对啊
Mum says I should wait until I'm 18
我妈说我得等到18岁以后
before I do any funny business.
才能做那种事
That's a whole year.
那可得等上一整年呢
I'll explode!
我会憋到爆♥炸♥的
Haven't you ever heard the
难道你没听说过
best things are always worth waiting for?
最美好的东西都是值得等待的吗
Katie!
凯蒂
Coming!
来啦
Katie!
凯蒂
Katie!
凯蒂
Coming!
来啦
Mr Fisher.
菲舍先生
Bye. Bye.
再见 再见
Austria-Hungary have accused the Serbs of murder.
奥匈帝国指责塞尔维亚人是凶手
Wash your hands.
去洗手
They issued an ultimatum last night at six o'clock
他们昨晚6点时发出了最后通牒
with the full backing of Berlin.
并得到了来自德国的全力支持
48 hours to arrest
必须在48小时内逮捕
those responsible for the assassination of the Archduke Ferdinand
暗♥杀♥斐迪南大公的凶手
and deliver them up or face the consequences.
并将他们交出来 面临后果
They must also publicly condemn all propaganda
他们还必须公开谴责一切
against the Austro-Hungarian people
反对奥匈帝国人♥民♥的宣传
and remove the same from all Serbian schoolbooks
并从塞尔维亚的教科书和公开文件上
and public documents.
删除一切反对信息
Can they do that?
他们有权利那样做吗
Doesn't really matter what they can or can't do,
他们有没有权利都没关系
the point is, they want the Serbs to kiss their arses.
重点是 他们希望塞尔维亚去舔他们的屁沟
William!
威廉
They'll hear worse, if it turns to war.
如果演变为战争 他们会听到比脏话更恶劣的
Will we have to fight?
我们需要上阵打仗吗
There won't be a war. Eat your food.
不会打仗的 好好吃你的饭
It's no use lying to the boy.
你对孩子撒谎也没用
You've only got one good leg, and he's too young,
你一条腿已经伤残了 他又还太年轻
so there'll be no more talk of anyone going anywhere to fight.
所以 请你们不要谈什么上阵打仗
I'm not scared. Well, you should be!
我可不怕 你该害怕才对
If it comes to it, we'll have to defend ourselves.
真要开战的话 我们也必须保家卫国
If there is a war, then we'll stay on the farm
如果真的爆发了战争 我们就留在农场
and grow food to feed the army,
种植粮食供给军队
but I will not send them my children.
但我绝不会把孩子送上战场的
Michael, can you help your sister, please?
迈克尔 你能帮下你妹妹吗
Sorry, lads.
让一下 小伙子们
Ladies!
女士们
Hello, Tom. Hello, Dad.
你好 汤姆 你好 爸爸
Hello, love. Hello, Mum.
你好 亲爱的 你好 妈妈
If Germany invade France,
如果德国入侵法国
they're going to have to go through Belgium.
他们就必须从比利时进军
Looks like they're having none of it.
似乎他们并没有相关动静
That's good, isn't it?
那是好现象 不是吗
Not if they decide to march through anyway.
除非他们打算强行进入
Do you think there'll be a war, Dad?
你觉得会爆发战争吗 爸爸
Looks like things are moving that way.
看上去局势正在往那个方向发展
But it's not us, is it?
但跟我们无关 对吗
I mean, it's Austria and Germany and that,
我是说 如果奥地利和德国决定开战
but they're miles away over the Channel.
那距离英吉利海峡还很远呢
Well, the thing is, Germany might invade Belgium.
问题是 德国可能会入侵比利时
And they're our friends,
而比利时是我们的盟友
and you have to stick up for your friends.
你得站出来支持盟友
If it comes to it, I'll go and fight.
如果真到那个地步 我就上前线打仗去
I know you will, son. I'm not scared.
我知道你肯定会的 儿子 我不怕
Course you're not.
你当然不怕了
But it won't come to that.
但是不会到那个地步的
If there is a war, it'll be over in a month.
就算真爆发战争 也会在一个月内结束
What if I get killed?
万一我死在战场上呢
You can't let me die before we've done it.
你不能让我没做过那事就死了啊
It was in the newspaper this morning
今天早上的报纸还说了
that anyone who signs up to fight now won't see any action.
现在报名参军的人 根本就不会真的上战场
The war will be over by the time you've finished training.
等你们完成基本训练 战争已经结束了
What if the training kills me?
万一我在训练中死了呢
You're definitely signing up, then?
那看来你是铁了心要报名参军啊
Do you want me to? Course I do.
你想让我去吗 那当然了
Everyone else's boyfriend's going to.
别人的男朋友都要参军了
You just don't want to be stuck with a coward?
你不想和一个懦夫在一起是吧
I didn't say that. No, no, I get it, I get it.
我可没那么说 不 我懂的 我懂的
Two worst things in a boyfriend -
作为男朋友最差劲的两点就是
being a coward and a virgin.
是懦夫 是处♥男♥
So I was thinking....
所以我想着
When I sign up,
等我成功报名了
I'll get wages.
我就能拿到薪水了
Proper wages.
可观的薪水
More than I get working down the farm anyway. So I thought,
比我在农场工作赚的多多了 所以我想着
if you wanted...
如果你愿意
I could buy a ring?
我可以买♥♥一枚戒指
An engagement ring?
订婚戒指吗
I'm late.
我要迟到了
You... you didn't answer me!
你 你没给我答复呢
"His Majesty's government declared to the German government
"国王陛下的政♥府♥对德国政♥府♥宣示
"That a state of war exists between Great Britain and Germany
大英帝国和德国之间将进入战争状态
"As from 11pm on August 4 1914."
起始时间是1914年8月4日晚上11点"
He's too young! He's too young!
他太年轻了 他太年轻了
The army says he's old enough to volunteer.
军方说他这个年纪足够去志愿参军了
So we just handed over our job as parents to the army?
所以我们直接把为人父母的职责交给军方吗
We let them decide what's best for our son? No...
我们要让他们来决定对儿子最好的打算吗 不是
That's what you've just said.
你刚刚说的就是这个意思
They said he's old enough so it's all right.
他们说他足够大了 所以没关系
Why aren't you asking me what I want?
你为何不问问我想要的是什么呢
Because I don't want to hear you telling me
因为我不希望听到你告诉我
that you've become a man overnight
你在一夜之间就长成男子汉了
and that you want to go and join the army
说你想去报名参军
so you can kill other men!
上阵杀人
There's a war, we have to fight.
战争已经爆发了 我们必须战斗
Don't be ridiculous!
别这么荒谬
You've had one fight in your entire life!
你这辈子就跟人打过一次架
You were nine years old
那是你9岁的时候
and you came home crying with a bloody nose!
你哭着跑回家 鼻子鲜血直流
Don't worry, this time I won't.
别担心 这次我不会了
Michael...
迈克尔
Do something!
想想办法吧
Better give Tommy another shout.
最好再叫一下汤米
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
Breathe in.
吸气
Name? Michael Lang, sir.
姓名 迈克尔·朗 先生
Name? Thomas Edwards, sir.
姓名 汤玛斯·爱德华兹 先生
Age?
年龄
18, sir.
18岁 先生
Do you mean 19?
你是说19岁吗
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Over there.
去那边
Wait over there.
到那边等着
You have to be 19 to go overseas.
你必须年满19岁才能被派往海外
Not much point signing up and not going anywhere is there?
如果报名参军又不能出去打仗 就没意义了不是吗
Cyril Griffiths.
萨瑞尔·格里菲斯
Thomas Edwards. Tommy.
汤玛斯·爱德华兹 叫我汤米吧
Can't shorten my name.
我的名字没有简称
Not that it matters, everyone calls me Wing Nut.
虽然那也没什么要紧的 大家都叫我招风耳
No idea why.
我也不知道为什么
I'm joking.
我开玩笑呢
Here, lad, to you.