他说他姑妈经常收到那样的信 求钱的信
He said his aunt often got letters like that. Begging letters.
是啊 大家都说她是位慷慨的女士
Yeah, she did. Generous lady, by all accounts.
给驴庇护所捐了不少钱
Gave a lot to donkey sanctuaries.
是啊 她就是这样
Yes, that sounds like her.
你对那份名单是否有什么想法
So, have you had any thoughts about the list,
你的名字为什么会在上面
why your name should be on it?
过去或现在 是否有谁对你有特别兴趣
Anyone past or present that might take a special interest in you?
没有
No.
你看这些人 伊斯特布鲁克先生
See these people, Mr Easterbrook?
他们都死了
They're all dead.
他们都死于各种自然原因
They all died of varied natural causes.
但他们就是都死了
But the fact of the matter is, they are all dead. Now,
而你是名单上唯一被写下全名
you're the only one on that list with their name in full
-还有个问号♥的人 -多谢提醒我了
- and a question mark. - Thank you so much for reminding me.
我完全忘了呢
Completely slipped my mind.
我认为你对我有所隐瞒
You see, I think that you're holding out on me.
我认为你有事应该告诉我
I think there's something you're not telling me
但你没告诉我
that you probably should.
-没有 -我不指望你是个圣人
- There isn't. - I don't expect you to be a saint,
一生无过
or done nothing wrong,
但如果你有敌人 你需要告诉我
but if you've got an enemy, I need to know about it.
我没有...敌人
I don't have...enemies.
我没对你隐瞒什么 我保证
I'm not keeping anything from you. I promise.
我的直觉可不这么说
My gut says otherwise.
可能是酒刺的缘故
It's probably the bad whelks.
查清原委可不是你的工作 是我的
You know, it's not your job to work things out, it's my job,
而且我很厉害
and I'm very good at it.
我终会查明一切
I'll get there in the end.
我总能查明
I always do.
好了
Right...
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
那样失去你的第一任妻子一定很可怕
It must have been terrible to lose your first wife that way.
"可怕"
"Terrible"...
根本不足以形容
..doesn't come anywhere near it.
-远远不足以 -当然了
- Anywhere near. - I'm sure.
再说一次 节哀顺变
And again - sorry for your loss.
谢谢
Thank you.
你现在相信我了吧
Do you believe me now?
我不知道
I don't know.
不
No.
这不可能
It's impossible.
你遇到什么怪事了吗
Are strange things happening to you?
有什么奇怪的想法吗
Strange things in your mind?
-有 -我也是
- Yes. - And me.
怪梦
Dreams.
我这人不做梦 从来都不 但现在
I'm not a dreaming man. Never have been. But now...
我都不敢闭眼
..I'm scared to close my eyes.
杰茜 戴维斯小姐 她
Jessie, Miss Davis, she...
我总忘不了她的脸
Her face never leaves me.
托马辛娜·塔克顿
Thomasina Tuckerton.
我认识她
I knew her.
我...
I mean, I...
我当时跟她在一起
I wa... I was with her.
我在她身边醒来
I woke up beside her.
她已经死了
She was dead.
但你都结婚了
But you're married.
我知道
I know.
我喜欢她
I liked her.
我们有共同点
We had things in common.
你肯定觉得我很天真
You must think me very unworldly.
我跑了
I ran.
我丢下了她
I just left her.
她之前好好的
She was fine before.
好好的
Was fine.
转眼就死了
Then she was dead.
你没跟督察说塔克顿小姐的事吗
You, you didn't tell the Inspector about Miss Tuckerton?
没有 现在也不能说了 会招致怀疑
No. I can't now, can I? It looks suspicious.
会让人觉得我跟她的死有关
Looks like I had something to do with it,
但我没有 我只是慌了
I didn't. I just panicked.
-那跟我毫无关系 -当然了 是她们
- I had nothing to do with it. - Of course you didn't. It was them.
她的头发在我手里脱落
Her hair came away in my hand.
杰茜的头发也脱落了
Jessie's hair was falling out.
她也参与了吗
Was she part of it?
你说她跟她们有关
You said she was involved with them.
降神会
Seances.
我叫她别去掺和 但她不听
I told her to stay well out of it, but she wouldn't listen,
想跟她死去的妈妈对话
wanted to talk to her old mum.
她为什么有那份名单
Why did she have the list?
她发现她们了
She was on to them -
-那些女巫 -别老那么说了
- the witches. - Stop calling them that!
所以她们才杀了她
That's why they did for her.
她们也盯上了我 因为我知道的太多了
They've got me in their sights because I know too much.
我知道她们了 所以她们才想除掉我
I know about them. That's why they've got to get rid of me!
戴维斯小姐是否提过一个奥斯卡·维纳布斯
Did Miss Davis mention a man called Oscar Venables?
-没有 他是谁 -他住在马奇迪平
- No. Who's he? - He lives in Much Deeping.
我觉得他是背后主使
I think he's the one who's pulling the strings.
杰茜只提过那些女巫 她们的魔法
Jessie just talked about the witches, their magic.
根本没有什么魔法 那不过是鬼把戏 花招
There is no magic! It's a trick, a sleight of hand,
奇巧机关 烟雾障眼法
levers and pulleys and puffs of smoke
是人们想相信
and people wanting to believe
因为他们是好骗的白♥痴♥
because they're credulous morons.
那三个女人没什么不寻常 她们只是老怨妇
Those three women aren't unusual, they're just sour old bitches.
不 这里有什么诡计
No, there's a trick.
我要查明是什么
I'm going to find out what it is.
小心
Be careful!
你又来了
You're here again.
你为什么来
WHY are you here?
我妻子死了
My wife died.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
那跟我有什么关系
What has that to do with me?
跟你很有关系
It's everything to do with you.
我不知道你在说谁
I don't know who you're talking about.
她死的那天来过这里
She came here the day she died.
她跟你在一起
She was with you.
她记下了你的姓名和电♥话♥
She put your name and number down.
放在她手提包里
In her handbag.
我妻子
My wife.
黛尔芬·伊斯特布鲁克
Delphine Easterbrook.
我送她去了火车站
I gave her a lift to the railway station.
她没赶上公共汽车
She missed her bus.
我给了她我的电♥话♥ 以防她没能赶上火车
I gave her my number in case she had a problem with the train.
她想回家 她很难过
She-she wanted to get home, she was upset.
-因为你 -不 因为
- Because of you. - No, because...
她被告知她的婚姻无法维系
..she'd been told her marriage wouldn't last.
她丈夫会在秋天前另娶
That her husband would be married to someone else by the autumn.
而我
And, er...
只是想做个好心人
..I was trying to be kind.
那么
So...
她去找了她们
She went to them?
那三个人
Those three?
但我的确另娶了
But I did marry someone else.
她们怎么可能知道
How could they know that?
散步开心
Enjoy your walk.
你想知道什么
What would you like to know?
我能让马克幸福吗
Am I going to make Mark happy?
长久不了
It won't last.
秋天时 他就会另娶
By autumn, he will be married to someone else.