But I will not touch you again. I'll come no nearer to you than this.
但我不会再碰你 和你保持这个距离
Sit, my love.
坐吧 亲爱的
You wear his ring.
你带着他的戒指
My mother's ring, in his memory.
是我妈妈的戒指 如果他没记错的话
Dear God, I tried so hard not to love you. I won't hear you.
天呐 我努力让自己不爱你 我不想听
If you knew what visions tormented me.
多想让你看看我受的折磨
I have wandered through paradise and through hell, every night,
每晚我都要经历天堂地狱
carrying you in my arms.
把你抱在怀中
But as long as you were his, I stayed loyal to him.
但只要你是他的人 我就不能背叛他
Every day that you pursued me, every day you made my life hell,
每天你都缠着我 让我的生活痛苦不堪
you betrayed him.
你已经背叛了他
But he's dead.
他已经死了
He never knew, that trusting soul, who loved you, like a brother.
他从没想到会这样 他像兄弟一样相信你 爱你
He's dead, and you are free.
他死了 你自♥由♥了
My poor Edwin never knew that his Jack's heart is black as coal.
可怜的Edwin 他不知道Jack是如此冷血黑心
You will love me, Rosa. I'd rather die too.
你会爱上我的 Rosa 我宁愿死
Sweet witch, then keep your love.
小贱♥人♥ 那就不爱好了
I'll gladly take this pretty rage instead.
我更喜欢你动怒
If you could see yourself, Rosa, in your panting hatred,
Rosa 你真该看看你现在的样子 气喘吁吁 满脸恨意
you're more desirable than ever.
你前所未有地吸引着我
You would take by force what will never be yours by consent?
你要强迫我吗?
But you will consent.
你会从的
In the end, you will love me, Rosa.
你最终会爱上我的 Rosa
How could I ever love a man whose spirit is so mean,
我怎么会爱上一个小人
whose heart is so bitter?
心地肮脏的小人?
You drove my friends away with false accusations.
你陷害我的朋友 把他们赶走
You still defend Neville Landless?
你还护着Neville Landless?
Your pursuit of him is like your pursuit of me...
你对他就像对我一样...
unfair and ugly and cruel.
不公 丑恶 又残忍♥
Ugly and cruel?
丑恶又残忍♥?
Ugly and cruel? Am I that man? Pretty little Neville
我是丑恶又残忍♥的人吗?
Landless is entirely guilty of dreaming he can have you.
Neville Landless对你抱有妄想 他就是有罪
As to his guilt in the death of my boy,
至于杀人罪
I have wound the coil of suspicion so tightly
我让他有了那么多嫌疑
around him, it hardly matters if it be true or not.
这些嫌疑是真是假都不重要了
Nor does it matter if you love me, Rosa, or hate me. I no longer care.
Rosa 你爱不爱我也不重要 我不在乎
Ugly and cruel, yes, you have made me so and you will still come to me.
丑恶又残忍♥ 是啊 是你让我变成这样 你会到我身边的
I will not.
我不会
You refuse to save him? Well, then Neville Landless will hang.
你不救他? 那Neville Landless就会被绞死
Say nothing to a living soul.
不要跟别人提起
Rosa, I love you more than any man ever loved a woman
Rosa 我对你的爱超过世间任何男女之情
and you will never be rid of me.
你永远都别想摆脱我
I will pursue you to the death.
我会一直追求你 至死方休
What are you looking at? Nothing has happened here.
看什么看? 什么事都没有
I say!
请问!
Excuse me.
打扰一下
This officer here, Captain Drood.
这位长官 Drood上尉
See, I've discovered him leaving Ceylon and going back to Egypt in 1836.
我发现他在1836年离开锡兰回到埃及
Then a year later there's a mining accident, and he is listed as missing.
一年之后有场矿难 他是失踪人员之一
But... when I try to cross-reference the
但当我试图交叉查找
accident report with the record of his death...
事故报告中关于他的死亡记录...
Well, it's not there.
却找不到
Our records is never wrong.
我们的记录不会出错
There's got to be a death in service record if he's dead.
如果他死了 就会有记录
IF he's dead.
如果 他死了
Hit 'im again! I made a dent in his wool!
再打一次! 我已经把它打凹了一块!
Let him be, you've lamed him. You lie! He lamed himself.
由它去吧 你都把它打瘸了 瞎说! 它自己瘸的
Show me where your choirmaster's house is.
带我去你们唱诗班指挥的房♥子
I will not.
我才不呢
Ain't going nowhere near him, not ever again,
我才不要靠近他 再也不要了
not after he upended me and damn near choked me.
上次被他倒抓起来 差点没呛死
Anyway, it's miles away.
再说了 他家很远的
Take me where the ruffian lives and I'll give you a penny.
带我去那流氓的住处 我就给你一便士
No point, cos he's not in!
没用的 因为他不在家!
But give me another and I'll take you to his landlord.
再给我一便士 我带你去他房♥东那里
Your worshipfulness.
您好
What an honour it is for a humble student of funerary architecture
作为一个殡葬建筑的学生 我是多么荣幸
to come face to face with the fons et origo of such a piece of perfection.
能亲眼见到这完美艺术品的真身
The inscription composed by my own unworthy hand, sir.
铭文正出自在下之手
And yet, strangers have been seen copying it down in their notebooks.
许多路人摘录了这些词句
"Stranger pause."
"陌生人伫立"
It is the language of Shakespeare.
这是莎翁式的语言
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Mr...?
您是?
The name's... Datchery.
我叫... Datchery
Dick Datchery, at your most humble service.
Dick Dactchey 任您差遣
I have the honour, sir, to welcome you to an ancient city,
欢迎您来到这个古老
a proud city, an ecclesiastical city.
骄傲 又充满信仰的城市
Your worshipfulness inspires me with a desire to know more,
您激发了我的求知欲
and confirms me in my inclination to spend
您的善意
some time under his beneficent sway.
让我决定多呆些日子
In which context, and after a woeful night at the Dog and Gun,
说到这里 我昨晚的住处十分糟糕
I wonder if you might suggest somewhere I might stay.
不知您能否提供些住宿建议
Somewhere architectural and inconvenient. Somewhere...
最好是具有建筑特色 交通不便...
cathedral-y?
教堂风格的?
Rosa?
Rosa?
Don't let him catch me.
别让他抓到我
I never knew I was such a coward.
我没想到自己这么懦弱
You are nothing of the sort. I am.
你不懦弱 我懦弱
For I think now that I was afraid to marry Edwin for fear
如果我是因为害怕而不敢嫁给Edwin的话
I would never then be free of his uncle.
我就永远摆脱不了他叔叔
Now my poor Eddy is dead and it was all for nothing,
现在Eddy死了 一切都徒劳无益了
for I will never be free again.
因为我将永生难获自♥由♥
Glad to hear praise the Lord with such enthusiasm, Jasper.
很高兴听到你这么热情地歌♥颂主 Jasper
I find I am much inspired, since my bright boy's demise,
自从我外甥离世
by thoughts of our joy to come in heaven.
这种升上天堂的喜悦鼓舞了我
For are not we sinners always knocking on heaven's door?
我们这些罪人不是一直渴求进入天堂吗?
So you think Mr Crisparkle, if he were here,
所以你认为如果Crisparkle先生在的话
would release me from my promise?
会相信我的誓言 释放我?
I do.
是的
Not least because in rooms this small
尤其是这屋子这么小
you can scarcely avoid bumping into Rosa several times a day.
你难免每天都会碰见Rosa
But, Neville, she is in mourning.
但她还在悲痛中 Neville
In mourning for a good man.
为一个好男人悲痛
And under attack from an evil one.
同时被另一个坏男人骚扰
I would not dream of adding to her burdens.
我不想再给她添麻烦了
Besides, she already seems more like a beloved sister to me now.
况且现在她对我而言 更像是妹妹
I have sent word to Miss Twinkleton that Rosa is safe with us.
我已经写信告知Twinkleton小姐 Rosa和我们在一起很安全
And yes, Helena, I have requested she refrain from telling Mr Jasper.
Helena 我也要求她对Jasper先生保密
My dear!
天呐!
You have slept.
你终于醒了
And now you must eat. Come.
现在该吃饭了 来吧
What did you take last?
你上一顿吃了什么?
Was it breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea or supper?
早餐 午餐 晚餐 下午茶还是正餐?
And what will you take next? Shall it be breakfast, lunch,
下一顿呢 早餐? 午餐?
or a nice jumble of all meals?
还是混合餐?
Mr Grewgious, I have something to say.
Grewgious先生 我有话想说
The hardest thing I have ever had to say in my life.
这是我有生以来最难以启齿的话
Helena has told me of Mr Jasper's unwanted attentions.
Helena已经告诉了我Jasper先生的不良企图
That is nothing. Nothing compared to the
相比起由那企图招致的后果
question to which those attentions give rise.
这些都无关紧要
My friends, ask yourselves, please, as I have been forced to do...
朋友们 请问问自己 正如我不得不自问...
who on this earth had most to gain from the death of Edwin Drood?
谁因Edwin Drood的死而获利最大?
Mr Jasper, thank heaven you've come!
Jasper先生 谢天谢地你来了!
Her bed not slept in, and this foolish maid,
她没回来睡 这个愚蠢的女仆
taken in by a notice on the door... "do not disturb"!
被门上"请勿打扰"的标识给骗了!
Mr Jasper, can you find her?
Jasper先生 您能找到她吗?
Can you bring our little rosebud home?
您能带我们的小宝贝回家吗?
It was him that upset her!
她烦心的就是他!
No! Don't you start your nonsense again!
闭嘴! 不许再胡说八道!