This ring was removed from the dead hand of Rosa's mother,
这枚戒指是Rosa母亲的遗物 她佩戴至死
in my presence.
我亲眼所见
Your placing it on her daughter's finger...
如果你亲手将它戴到她女儿手上...
will be the most solemn seal upon your love.
那将会是最郑重的爱的誓言
Take it.
拿着吧
If anything should be even
如果你们之间
slightly amiss between you,
出了任何差错
if you should have even the slightest suspicion
如果你有哪怕是一丝的怀疑
that you are marrying for other than
怀疑自己
the highest reasons of true love,
并非为爱而结婚
I charge you, Edwin Drood,
那么 Edwin Drood
by the living and the dead,
向皇天后土起誓
to bring that ring back to me.
如果是那样就把戒指还给我
I give you my word.
我向您发誓
What a fool you must think me, Jack.
你一定觉得我很蠢吧 Jack
What was it you said to me?
你跟我说过什么来着?
"The loveliest girl in the world
"遗嘱把绝代佳人
"is yours by will and testament, Ned."
赐给了你 Ned"
To think I ever entertained any doubts
我曾经还有所怀疑
when it seems so real to me now.
现在才知道此言非虚
So sacred.
太神圣了
I shan't wait until the summer.
我等不到夏天了
I shall marry Rosa on the day that I turn 21.
一满21岁我就要跟Rosa结婚
Shake my hand on it.
握手庆贺吧
Thank you, dearest Jack.
谢谢你 最最亲爱的Jack
But if we are to stay here,
但是如果我们要待在这儿
even for a short while... I cannot do it.
即使只待片刻... 我不能这么做
I cannot. Now more than ever.
不行 此时此刻更不行
Can't you see?
你不明白吗?
I apologise if I intrude on a restorative walk.
如果打扰了两位散步 我表示抱歉
This is a new pleasure for us, Mr Crisparkle.
这是我们的新乐子 Crisparkle先生
We do not come from a walking country.
我们国家不流行散步
I'm glad to see you become so very English so very soon.
您那么快就习惯了英式生活 我感到十分欣慰
Miss Landless, may I come straight to the point?
Landless女士 我可以开门见山吗?
You have been not 48 hours in Cloisterham
两位在克洛伊斯特汉姆镇逗留尚未满48小时
and already there is a notion abroad that Mr Neville
就已经有了关于Neville先生的流言
is a dangerously passionate fellow
说他危险而易怒
of an uncontrollable and vicious temper.
不仅难以驾驭 还有恶劣的脾气
Because we are strangers? No.
因为我们是外乡人吗? 不是
Well, yes, possibly.
好吧 大概是的
Sir, he cannot help it. His background is not an excuse.
先生 他只是忍♥不住 他的个人经历不是借口
Mr Neville, you are clenching your fist and I dislike it.
Neville先生 您这么攥着拳头我可不太喜欢
I cannot help it.
我忍♥不住
Beacause he treats that beautiful creature like a doll
是因为他把那位美丽动人的女士视为玩偶
and I hate and despise him for it.
我反感并且鄙视他这种行为
You've only met Miss Rosa once. I've seen enough
您只见过Rosa小姐一次 一次就已经足够
to know that Edwin Drood is not worthy of her.
让我明白Edwin Drood不配拥有她
Who knows of this unfortunate attachment?
还有谁知晓他的暗恋之情?
Only we three.
只有我们三个
Good. I shall rely on you, Miss Landless, to keep it that way.
很好 我相信你 Landless女士 请不要外传
Miss Rosa is engaged to be married.
Rosa小姐已经订婚了
She's not available.
她名花有主了
While you live under my roof, Mr Neville,
Neville先生 只要您还住在我的屋檐下
you will not see her,
您就不能见她
nor contact her, nor even think about her.
不能联♥系♥她 甚至不能想她
I won't tell you it will be easy. I know it won't.
我知道这很不容易
But in return, I promise you I will find a way
作为补偿 我向您保证
to help you bury this
在您和Edwin Drood的争执
foolish argument with Edwin Drood
毁掉您的幸福之前
before it ruins your happiness in your new home.
我会帮助您摆平此事
For me.
为了我
Praise the Lord. Miss Landless,
感谢上苍 Landless女士
you help your brother towards the light.
您帮您的兄弟指出了明路
Thank you.
谢谢您
Oh, er...
噢 呃...
Tut! I'm much overpaid.
啧! 言重了
Mr Jasper!
Jasper先生!
Down from London, Mr Grewgious?
刚从伦敦回来吗 Grewgious先生?
Something wrong? -Not at all.
有什么不对劲儿吗? -完全没有
I thought to consult my pretty ward
我本打算去跟我的好孩子
about her wedding plans,
商量她的婚礼策划
but I discover she has some little delicate feminine instinct
但我发现她有一些小女人天性
that all arrangements should be made
即所有的安排事宜
between her and Mr Edwin in private.
都得由她和Edwin先生私下决定
In other words, Jasper,
换句话说 Jasper
she don't want us.
她不需要我们
You mean me.
你是说不需要我
I mean us.
我说的是我们
I understand the happy day may come sooner than we anticipated.
我听说大喜之日会提前
Really?
是吗?
You surprise me.
这倒令我吃惊了
I found my ward rather... Well, imagine, Jasper!
我发现她宁愿...试想 Jasper!
The dear girl believed her marriage to Edwin
这个姑娘坚信她跟Edwin的婚姻
to be legally inescapable.
在法律上已经板上钉钉了
I was glad to reassure her.
我很乐意让她安心
I'll wager she hinted no desire to be free of her engagement?
我敢打赌她从没想过要解除婚约?
In truth, there was a moment
事实上 有一瞬间
when I almost believed that was exactly what she does want.
我几乎都相信了这就是她想要的
Well! It's for the two young people to decide.
好了! 这得由两个年轻人自己决定
God bless them both.
愿上帝保佑他们
Aye, God save them both.
恩 愿上帝保佑他们
Rock of ages...
万古磐石...
cleft for me...
为我而开...
# Let me hi-i-ide #
# 让我藏身 #
# Myself in the-e-e. #
# 在你怀 #
Rosa... Eddy, let's be brave.
Rosa... Eddy 让我们勇敢些
And kind.
宽容些
Kind to one another, for once in our lives.
对彼此宽容 一辈子就这么一次
Starting today,
从今天开始
and for ever.
直到永远
Let's change to brother and sister.
我们做兄妹吧
Not get married? No.
不结婚了? 不
In spite of our fathers' wishes?
违背父亲们的意愿?
Yes.
是
If after all there is another young man...
如果是由于另一个男人...
There is not, I promise you.
没有其他男人 我向你保证
But I love you, Rosa... And I love you.
但是我爱你啊 Rosa... 我也爱你
With all my heart, but not...
我全心全意地爱你 但不是...
as a wife should love a husband.
那种妻子对丈夫的爱
As I believe she should.
那种我认为妻子应该给予的爱
As I hope...
那种我所希望的...
Oh, this is so hard!
噢 太困难了!
Don't hate me! No, no. You mistake me, my dear Rosa.
不要恨我! -不不 你误解了 亲爱的Rosa
I mean your courage
我指的是你的勇气
and your clarity of thought. I am sorry, too.
你对事理的通透 我也很抱歉
Think, Eddy! How much better to be sorry now than later,
想想吧 Eddy! 现在还为时不晚
when it will be too late?
长痛不如短痛?
never be angry with one another again.
我们再也不会生彼此的气了
How wonderful it will be! Yes, it will.
多好啊! 是啊
'Ere he is!
从前他是!
My little singin' bird!
我的小金丝雀!
A choirmaster, eh? What are you doing here?
你是唱诗班指挥 嗯? 你在这儿做什么?
Not so loud, dearie,
小点声 亲爱的
I'm thinking more of a nice, quiet little chat
我们应该喃喃细语
on a matter of mutual interest.
聊聊我们共同的兴趣
There's a lot more I know about you! Leave me alone!
我可了解你了! 别烦我!
Oh! Watch out, you mischief-maker!
噢! 小心点 你这个淘气包!
Get off me!
放开我!
Look, no! No!
别! 别!
Has that child hurt you?
那个孩子伤着你了吗?