I'm nearly...
我快要...
nearly...
快要...
damned.
完了
"Subtle and mighty opium
"少许鸦♥片♥
"to the guilty man for one night gives back the hopes of his youth,
"就足以使一个罪人重拾青年时的希望
"and hands washed pure from blood."
"洗净双手的鲜血"
Tell me what happened to him and I will go with you.
告诉我他怎么样了 我就跟你走
And there is no danger of any harm befalling my inscription?
我铭文不会因此受损吧?
None whatsoever, my dear worshipfulness.
一点儿也不会 敬爱的市长大人
I shall guard that priceless masterpiece with my life.
我会用性命来保护那块无价之宝
This is no place for a child.
这里少♥儿♥不♥宜♥
Deputy, go and watch out for Mr Jasper's return. I will not!
小帮手 出去放风 以免Jasper先生回来 我不去!
I'll give you a shilling. Joking!
我给你一先令 逗我玩儿呢!
Need a guinea to persuade me to miss this.
给我一几尼我才出去
You stay there.
你就呆在那儿
Good day to you, Joe. Miss Rosa. Thank you.
日安 Joe Rosa小姐 谢谢
Well?
怎么样?
Nothing but the mortal remains of poor Mrs Sapsea.
除了Sapsea夫人的遗体外一无所有
Hellfire!
地狱之火!
And damnation. Yes, very helpful
还要遭天谴呢 说这有什么用
Get the other one out, then. What other one?
试试另一把啊 什么另一把?
The one he found in Mr Jasper's desk, stupid!
他在Jasper先生桌子里找到的那把钥匙 蠢蛋!
Durdles needs a closer look at that.
Durdles得细看一下
Had no cause to go inside there for years,
很多年没进去过了
but Durdles'd know it anywhere.
但Durdles对这里了如指掌
This is the key to the Drood tomb.
这把钥匙通往Drood的坟墓
You hesitated the last.
你最终还是犹豫了
I'm ready.
我准备好了
To say I planned it would not be quite right.
并不能说是我一手策划的
The idea, the method, came to me in a dream.
整个灵感 做法 都源自一个梦
A nightmare? No, no, no!
噩梦? 不不不!
Edwin died night after night in dreams of perfect beauty.
夜复一夜 Edwin在我的梦中安然死去
You stay there.
你就呆在那儿
Here, on the altar step, where he would have married you,
就在这个圣坛上 他本该与你结为夫妻
taken the woman who was meant for me, taken my life, unless I took his first.
夺走我的另一半 我的生命 除非我先夺走他的生命
Lord, let me know mine end.
上帝啊 请告知我结局吧
Voices?
什么声音?
Listen.
听
What is down there?
那下面是什么?
And mine age is even nothing in respect of thee.
在您面前 我的生命不值一提
His corpse was safe enough in the Sapsea tomb
他的尸体在Sapsea墓中很安全
till that fat fool wanted his inscription carving.
除非那个死胖子想要他的铭文
"Stranger, pause. Stranger..."
"陌生人 伫立 陌生人 ..."
So I took the key, and...
我拿了钥匙 然后...
I moved... I moved his body...
我移走了...移走了他的尸体...
I moved his poor body.
我移走了他的尸体
No, that's not it.
不 不是的
Something's wrong. It's not 'im! What?
一定是哪儿错了 那不是他! 什么?
I've got something wrong.
我一定是哪儿弄错了
It's some old fella. Look!
是个老头 快看!
My God!
天呐!
Edwin! You're in mourning?
Edwin! 你在服丧?
For you!
为你服丧!
I went early to Egypt, as I did tell you I might
我提前去了埃及 在解除婚约的时候
when you broke off our engagement.
我就跟你提过了
And are there no post offices in Egypt?
难道埃及没有邮局吗?
Write to you?! Why would I write to you?
写信给你?! 我为什么要写信给你?
I was so angry with you, I threw away that pretty ring.
我被你气死了 当即扔了那枚漂亮戒指
Come on, son.
走吧 孩子
If that personage has been dead nine years, I'll eat my hat,
要是那个人已经死了九年 我就把我的帽子吃了
and yours too.
还有你的
My bet is he's been deada bit less than one year.
我打赌他死亡不到一年
And the ghost of one terrific shriek.
至于那声隐隐约约的鬼叫
Wasn't a ghost, after all.
根本就不是鬼发出的
Who is it, Jasper?
这是谁 Jasper?
Why, sir, it is Edwin Drood.
怎么了 先生 是Edwin Drood
The father?
那个父亲?
Our father.
我们的父亲
Ned's and mine.
我和Ned的父亲
It was common knowledge in Egypt.
在埃及 这是路人皆知的事
The date of his birth was inconvenient,
他的出生会给大家带来不便
so my mother passed Jack off as her little brother.
所以我母亲宣称Jack是她弟弟
We all thought he killed you.
我们都以为Jack杀了你
Jack?!
Jack?!
Never! He loves me.
怎么可能! 他很爱我
Eddy,
Eddy
even he thinks he killed you.
连他都以为自己杀了你
I have striven...
我一直努力...
so hard to remember.
努力想要记起
And I have remembered it all wrong.
却把一切都记乱了
Muddled them both up in my head.
两件事在我的脑中搅成一团
Gentlemen, leave us, please.
先生们 请留我们单独说会儿话
On your own, with him?
留你一个人和他一起?
We are old friends, Mr Jasper and I.
我和Jasper先生是老朋友了
We'll get help. No! Don't alert anyone.
我们去找人帮忙 别! 不要惊动其他人
Mr Jasper and I will do very well here together.
我和Jasper先生会处理好的
I have dreamed so much about...
我无数次梦到...
killing Edwin...
杀死Edwin...
and forgotten this.
却把这事忘了
Captain Drood's will left everything to him, and nothing to you.
Edwin上尉把所有遗产留给了他 而你一无所有
I never cared about the money.
我从未在乎过钱财
Is there a circle of hell reserved especially for fathers
有没有一层地狱 专门留给那些
who do not love their children?
不爱子女的父亲?
There ought to be.
应该有的
And does it stand next to the circle where eternal
那么 它旁边有没有另外一层地狱
damnation awaits the man who killed his own father?
用来永世折磨那些弑父的人?
God will forgive you if you are truly penitent.
若你真心忏悔 上帝会宽恕你的
For when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness... The wicked man!
因为一旦恶人放下屠刀... 恶人!
The wicked man!
恶人!
The wicked man was a bastard boy of seven!
这个恶人只是个七岁的私生子!
A boy of seven.
一个七岁的男孩
Sent away!
被送走!
Sent away to learn to sing.
被送到远方去学唱诗
While a little, fat, fair baby,
而那个胖小子
a little, fat, fair, legitimate baby
那个胖小子 合法的胖小子
sucked up all the love in the house until there was none left over.
独占了家里全部的爱 一点儿也不剩
And yet...
即便如此...
when Captain Drood... died the first time
当Drood上尉...第一次死的时候
in a mining accident in Egypt,
死于埃及的矿难时
so they said...
他们是如此告诉我的...
I grieved.
我还伤心了
But a year ago he came back?
但一年之后 他回来了?
Who's there?
谁?
Show yourself.
出来吧
Sorry.
抱歉
Father?
父亲?
Father, is it really you? Leave off me, Jack.
父亲 真的是你吗? 离我远点儿 Jack
I've come looking for Edwin.
我是来找Edwin的
Where is my bright boy?
我的好孩子在哪儿?
If... if he had written,
如果...如果他写了下来
if he had given me any warning...
如果他给我任何警告...
It's too late for me to deceive myself.
没必要自欺欺人了
I would have still killed him.
就算如此 我还是会杀了他
FATHER!
父亲!
One kind word for me would have saved him.
他只要说一句好话 就能免于一死
That old fool Durdles thought he'd heard the cry of a murder victim.
又老又蠢的Durdles以为他听到的是受害者的尖叫
But the old devil uttered not a word.
其实老恶魔没能发出一声
It was I who cried out to the heavens, at the loss of all my hopes.
仰天长啸的是我 因为我已经彻底绝望
There is always hope in the Lord.
在主那里 希望永存
Not for me. I've killed my father. But no matter, for
我没希望了 我杀了自己的父亲 但是无所谓