She's not here! Liar! Rosa?
她不在这! 骗子! Rosa?
Rosa, what is this foolishness? Come home with me now.
Rosa 别闹了 跟我回家吧
You will come no closer.
不许靠近
Who will prevent me? Neville, stay back!
谁能阻止我? Neville 别动!
Rosa, come now. I'm not afraid of you, sir.
Rosa 走吧 我可不怕你 先生
No? You terrify me. I'm not afraid of you
不 你怕我 我不怕你
because the threats you have made are empty.
因为你的威胁都是空话
You cannot harm my brother
你伤不了我弟弟
because he is innocent and you know it.
因为他是无辜的 这你也清楚
It makes no difference now. Come, Rosa, my love.
无所谓了 走吧 Rosa 亲爱的
She shrinks from your love!
她害怕你的爱!
Rosa is not afraid of me. She's afraid of what's in her own heart.
Rosa怕的不是我 她怕的是她的心
Look at her.
看看她
Look at the real Rosa, not the one of your dreams.
看看这个真实的Rosa 不是你梦中的她
Tell me, what does she see?
告诉我 她的眼中是什么?
A lover.
爱人
A monster. A killer.
是禽兽 是杀手
Look into your own black heart, John Jasper,
看看你的黑心 John Jasper
and tell me she is wrong.
告诉我她是对是错
Dear God!
天呐!
So it was you.
是你
Mr Jasper?
Jasper先生?
What is this?
这是怎么回事?
You should not be here. You have poisoned her mind against me!
你不该来这儿 你给她洗♥脑♥ 让她和我做对!
Neither her mind nor her heart needed any help from me, I assure you.
她的思想和内心都不需要我的帮助 我保证
Let go of me!
放开我!
Mr Jasper, you must learn to accept that when a lady says no,
Jasper先生 你应该学着接受女士的拒绝
it is her free choice. She is meant for me!
她有选择的自♥由♥ 她注定是我的!
As it was her free choice to end her engagement to Edwin.
就像结束和Edwin的婚约也是她的自♥由♥一样
You did not know.
原来你不知道
This young couple, the lost youth and the lovely girl,
这对年轻人 去世的小伙子和美丽的姑娘
though so long engaged and so close to being married,
尽管订婚已久 即将结婚
decided the very afternoon of his death
就在他出事的那天下午
that they would be happier as brother and sister,
他们决定还是做兄妹更好
than as man and wife,
而非结为夫妻
and, accordingly, broke off their engagement.
所以他们取消了婚约
He never told me.
他没告诉我
He should have told me.
他应该告诉我的
NED!
NED!
Are you alone here?
你是一个人吗?
Worse luck for business, I am, deary.
生意惨淡 我一个人
Come in, where I can see you, for your voice is familiar.
进来吧 好让我看见你 你的声音很耳熟
Well, stranger!
是你 陌生人!
And there was me thinking you'd died and gone to heaven.
我以为你已经升♥天♥了
Not you that died, then.
原来死的不是你
Who's that you're in mourning for?
你为谁哀悼?
I can't see.
我不知道
I can't remember.
我记不得了
Then you've come to the right place,
那你来对地方了
cos that's just what Princess Puffer's here for.
Puffer公主也因此而来
Miss Twinkleton, please calm yourself.
Twinkleton小姐 请冷静
Septimus, read this!
Septiums 看看这个!
Ma!
妈!
A message from Mr Grewgious.
Grewgious先生的信
Mr Grewgious sent me!
Grewgious先生派我来的!
On an errand of burglary?
派你来做贼?
Well, he did not expressly forbid it.
他也没有明令禁止
He was most insistent on other things.
他对其他事都很严苛
I must stay in the library, I must talk to no-one...
我必须呆在图书馆 不能与别人交谈...
And did you find anything in the library, Mr...
你在图书馆发现什么了吗 您叫...?
The name's Datcher... Bazzard.
Datcher Bazzard
I found the Royal Engineers pensions record for Captain Drood.
我找到了Drood上尉的抚恤金发放记录
And, sir...
还有...
he has been picking it up for the last nine years.
他最近九年都在领♥取♥
That's nonsense, Datcher Bazzard.
胡说八道 Datcher Bazzard
He died in a mining accident in Upper Egypt.
他死于埃及上南部的一场矿难
Well, if he did, there's no record of it.
就算他死了 也压根没有死亡记录
Either someone else is taking the money...
要么是其他人领了钱...
or Captain Drood is still alive.
要么Drood上尉还活着
That's just the old man's will.
这是他的遗嘱
I obtained a copy weeks ago. There's nothing in it.
我几星期前拿到了副本 里面什么也没有
He's crossed out Edwin's name.
他划去了Edwin的名字
Every time it appears.
所有的名字
Cor! He really hated 'im!
他真的很讨厌Edwin啊!
Was it hate or envy?
是讨厌还是嫉妒?
And where did he hide the body?
他把尸体藏在了哪儿?
Bet I know.
我知道
Yes, I brought Mr Jasper down here,
是的 我把Jasper先生带到这下面
a couple of days before the unfortunate business with Mr Edwin.
就在Edwin先生遇难的前几天
Go on!
来啊!
Get out of it!
出去闹去!
I was telling him about the night I was enjoying my forty winks,
当时我正说到我打盹的那晚
when I was woken by the ghost of one terrific shriek.
突然被一声惊悚的鬼叫惊醒
Spooked you! Ha! Get out of it!
吓到你们了吧! 哈! 滚出去!
Deputy was right, Mr Crisparkle.
小帮手说对了 Crisparkle先生
So many hiding places.
这儿的藏身之处可真多
There is no place in this cathedral that's hidden to Durdles.
但这教堂里没有一处能逃得过Durdles的法眼
Durdles is the keeper of all the keys.
Durdles保管所有的钥匙
Nearly all the keys.
几乎所有的钥匙
Durdles has had a loss perplexing him and preying on his mind, sir.
Durdles弄丢了一把 为此备受折磨与困扰
He's sorry to say that on the night he took Mr Jasper on his tour,
就在他陪同Jasper先生来参观的那晚
Durdles found himself in a state of intoxication,
Durdles喝醉了
which makes him now wonder if that was the night he lost hold of...
于是Durdles怀疑 就在那晚他弄丢了...
This one!
这把!
No. It was much bigger.
不是 比这大得多
Dear.
天呐
Need his worship's permission.
需要经由市长大人的许可
"Good morning, Mr Sapsea. Please may we
"早安 Sapsea先生 请问我们能突发奇想
dig up your dead wife on a foolish whim?"
挖出您的亡妻吗?"
If only I could see the end.
我要是能看到结局就好了
The end of what, deary?
亲爱的 什么结局?
I rehearsed it hundreds, thousands of times in this room.
就在这间屋子里 我排演了成百上千次
I saw him fall like a snowflake.
我看见他像雪花一样飘落
Like a breath of sweet air falling so gently.
像一缕香甜的气息 轻轻飘落
Things never turn out like we hope, do they?
世事常常不尽人意 不是吗?
Millions, millions of times.
千百万次
I never saw that before.
我从未见过那个场景
This stuff's not strong enough.
这东西不够劲儿
What next?
接下来呢?
Show me what happened next.
让我看看接下来发生了什么
What a poor, mean, miserable thing this is.
真是可怜 可悲
Rosa!
Rosa!
I thought I was dreaming.
我还以为我在做梦呢
Lord! How like your dear mother you have grown.
上帝呀! 你真是越长越像你妈妈了
I've made you sad?
我让您伤心了?
I'm so sorry.
真抱歉
I can never be sad when I think of her,
想起她我从不会伤心
or look at you.
看到你也不会
Did she know your feelings? I hope not.
她知道您爱她吗? 但愿不知道
What kind of specimen am I to have hopes in that direction?
我要是有非分之想 那我成什么人了?
Lord, what a conversation!
天呐 我们在谈些什么!
Mr Grewgious, please tell me.
Grewgious先生 请告诉我
What is true love like?
什么是真爱?
True love...
真爱...
is always returned.
总是会有回应
How we witter on when the dream's upon us.
我们的梦呓
Singing like a little canary bird all night long, we was.
像金丝雀一般彻夜歌♥唱
Sing some more.
继续唱吧
What was that?
什么?
Tell me what you did.
告诉我你做了些什么