I expect my nephew today. Edwin will do more good
今天我侄子要来 Edwin比任何药
than a dozen medicine chests. My Jack's an opium eater.
都管用 我叔叔吸毒!
I'm sorry about your father. He died in action?
令尊的事 我深表遗憾 他死于战争?
No, mining accident in Upper Egypt.
不是 死于上埃及的矿难
Mr Neville!
Neville先生!
I will have your weapon! John Jasper is more than
放下你的武器! John Jasper不仅是他的叔叔
an uncle to him, he is a guardian and protector.
还是他的守护者
Your little Rosa Bud's been picked by another.
你的小Rosa Bud为人所夺
You do know he loves you. He terrifies me. He pursues me.
你知道他爱慕你 他令我害怕 他在追求我
What else are you not telling me, Jack?
Jack 你还有什么没告诉我?
Jack!
Jack!
NED!
NED!
Lost some lead off the roof too, sir.
先生 房♥顶掉了一些铅皮
And the hands in the clock's all bent and twisted.
表针也扭曲变形了
Dear me, what a night.
天呐 这一夜太可怕了
We must pray no lives were lost.
但愿没人出事
Jasper?
Jasper?
My bright boy is gone.
我侄子不见了
Rosa, to your room this minute.
Rosa 赶紧回屋去
What is it? When did you last see Edwin? Yesterday afternoon. Why?
出什么事了? 你最后一次见Edwin是什么时候? 昨天下午 怎么了?
You saw or heard nothing of him last night?
你昨晚有没有他的消息?
What has happened to Eddy?
Eddy怎么了?
He departed my house last night with Neville Landless and he never came home.
他昨晚和Neville Landless离开我家 就再也没回来
Neville left at first light to walk by the coast.
Neville一早就去海滩散步了
Thank you, Miss Twinkleton.
谢谢 Twinkleton小姐
They will blame my brother.
他们会怪罪于我兄弟
They will punish my brother.
他们会处罚我兄弟
This is my fault.
这是我的错
Mine.
我的错
What are you, huh?
你们是谁?
A pack of thieves?
一帮大盗?
What have you done with my nephew? I don't understand.
你对我侄子做了什么? 我不明白
Gently, Jasper. What have you done with him?
别这么粗暴 Jasper 你对他做了什么?
How should I know? His bed was not slept in last night. He never came home.
我怎么知道? 他昨晚没回去睡觉 他没回家
We said our good nights in the cathedral and I went home.
我们在教堂道了晚安 之后我就回家了
So you left him there alone?
你把他一个人留在那儿?
There was no danger in it. He was restless.
那儿很安全 他很焦虑
He said he wanted fresh air and the smell of open water.
他说想呼吸一下新鲜空气 看看湖水
So he came down to the estuary?
所以他到河口去了?
Jasper, the storm.
Jasper 暴风雨
Come along.
来吃食咯
A most agonising summons!
最恼人的传票!
The messenger brought a note
信差送来了一封信
which was addressed very personally to me, I see, Mr Hiram Grewgious.
明确标注是我的私人信件 Hiram Grewgious先生
Being, as I am, your assistant, I must be privy to all events,
作为您的助理 我必须知晓所有事
of which you will agree, there are precious few hereabouts.
而您同意我做的事少得可怜
And being, as I am, your assistant,
作为您的助理
I dare predict there'll be a great deal for you to do today, sir,
我敢肯定您今天会很忙 先生
in the investigating and comforting line, and you will be requiring me
您得调查搜寻线索 还会让我帮您
to be of service in the organising and, and, and catering line.
整理并且提供线索
I am not so awkward that I cannot find my own sandwiches, thank you.
我目前还能够自理 谢谢
I follow you, sir.
我明白了 先生
But, oh, sir, how I do hate the indoors. Oh, the hellish indoors!
先生 可是我很讨厌足不出户 该死的室内!
They also serve, Bazzard, who only hold the fort.
Bazzard 留守也是一种战斗
Take a trip to Doctors' Commons, if it please you.
你要是愿意 可以去民法博士协会
And take sight there of Edwin Drood's last will and testament.
看看Edwin Drood的遗嘱
You don't know he's dead yet.
他可能还没死
Edwin Drood Senior.
老Edwin Drood
Ned!
Ned!
Mr Drood?
Drood先生?
Ned!
Ned!
Mr Drood?
Drood先生?
I was so sure we'd find him.
我本以为可以找到他的
Have courage.
坚强点
He may have simply left, gone back to London. Without telling me?
他没准回伦敦了 不辞而别?
He'd never be so cruel. Do not give in to despair, my friend.
他不会如此无情 朋友 别放弃
My bright boy... is dead.
我的好侄儿...死了
He seemed in agreement with me.
他看起来很认同我
He seemed relieved.
他看起来很释怀
As I was.
和我一样
Rosa fears she made him unhappier than he admitted.
Rosa担心是她让Edwin有苦难言
That he has brought himself to harm because of her.
他是因为她而想不开
You made no mention of a ring.
你没提戒指的事
Deputy, what you got there? Nothing.
小帮手 你手里拿的什么? 没什么
There'll be some young lady somewhere crying her heart out over that.
某位小姐会为了这个戒指痛苦不堪的
It's mine.
这是我的
Durdles don't entirely think so.
Durdles可不这么认为
Have mercy upon me, O God,
上帝啊 可怜可怜我吧
according to thy loving kindness.
您向来是仁慈爱人的
Blot out my transgressions.
请赦免我的罪行
Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity,
清除我的邪恶
and cleanse me from my sin.
洗净我的过错
NED!
NED!
Ned?
Ned?
I can't even sing for him.
我甚至无法为他唱颂歌♥
Then pray with me.
那就和我一起祈祷吧
Our Father who art in heaven...
我们在天上的父...
hallowed be thy name.
愿人都尊你的名为圣
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done... I cannot...
愿你的国降临 愿你的旨意承行... 相比起...
forgive those that trespass against me...
那些罪行...
In time...Any more than I could forgive myself.
适时... 我更无法原谅自己
Do not reproach yourself. You have nothing to forgive.
别自责了 你没有错
Anyone could see how you loved that boy. I did.
大家都清楚你有多爱那孩子 我确实爱他
I did love him. Of course.
我当然爱他
All these years I cared for him and now some...
这么多年我一直照看他 结果现在...
some stranger... has taken him from me.
某个陌生人...把他从我身边夺走了
Let the monster that killed him hear my vow.
杀人凶手你给我听着
I devote myself to his destruction.
我发誓要不惜一切代价报仇
Mr Jasper asserts a history of violent words and even fisticuffs between you!
Jasper先生说你们曾互相辱骂 甚至拳脚相向!
There was nothing ill-tempered in our meeting last night.
昨晚我们俩谁都没发脾气
Nevertheless, while investigations continue, I have no option
无论如何 调查正在进行
but to issue a warrant and commit you forthwith to jail.
我只能提供证据 投你入狱
On what grounds? Circumstances of grave suspicion.
凭什么? 他嫌疑很大
And the case has a generally dark look to me. No! No, that's absurd!
我看这事不妙 不! 太荒谬了!
I mean, sorry, your worship. I mean no disrespect,
抱歉 阁下 我并非对您不敬
but no man can be accused of murder in the absence of the body.
但现在死不见尸 不能随意指控谋杀
Will you not be satisfied until they find my nephew's poor dead body?
你非要见到我侄子的遗体才满意?
You twist my meaning. Sirs!
你误会我了 先生们!
Please do not sacrifice your friendship on my account.
请不要因为我破坏了你们的友谊
I can end this argument now, as I could've done earlier,
其实只要我说出真♥相♥ 我早就可以
had I told you the truth.
终止你们的争论了
I did not kill Edwin Drood.
我没有杀害Edwin Drood
I could never have killed Edwin Drood.
我永远不会杀害Edwin Drood
He is my brother.
他是我哥哥
My sister and I came here as orphans
我和我姐姐来这儿的时候是孤儿
to seek our father,
是来寻父的
Captain Edwin Drood.
Edwin Drood上尉
Mr Jasper...
Jasper先生...
we are kinsmen.
我们是亲戚
That...
你这是...
vile and groundless allegation would mean that Captain Drood,
胡编乱造 你说Drood上尉
the best of husbands, betrayed his marriage vows to my sister...
这位模范丈夫 背叛了我的姐姐...
with a native concubine.
和一个土著情妇偷♥情♥
My mother was a Christian lady!
我母亲是位基♥督♥教♥徒♥!
Neville, for shame!
Neville 可耻!
Whether Mr Landless is right or wrong is immaterial, surely?
Landless先生是对是错都不重要 对吗?
If he believes Edwin to be his brother, then why would want to harm him?
如果他坚信Edwin是他哥哥 又怎么会伤害他呢?
Angry, resentful, excluded, unloved and poor!
愤怒 不满 被排挤 缺爱 贫穷!
Everything Edwin had, he wanted, and stopped
他想要Edwin的一切
at nothing, not even murder, to get it.
所以他不惜一切代价 哪怕是谋杀