你会伤到自己的
You'll hurt yourself.
我不明白 为什么
I don't begin to understand. Why?
尽管发生了意外 尽管被伯迪拒绝
Because, despite the accident, despite being spurned by Bertie,
埃莉诺一直爱着他
Eleanor still loves him.
达到痴迷的地步
To the point of obsession.
出于嫉妒 她试图杀死帕梅拉
And she tried to kill Pamela out of a jealousy
因为她可能会偷走她挚爱伯迪的心
that she might steal beloved Bertie's heart.
小姐 可他把你推下了楼梯
But he's the one who pushed you down the stairs, miss.
不是伯迪 他绝不会伤害我的
Not Bertie. Why would he want to hurt me?
因为他知道是你试图杀死桃乐茜
Because he knew it was you that tried to shoot Dorothy.
但他绝口不提
And he still said nothing
因为他知道没人会相信他
because he knew no one would believe him,
至少你的父亲不会
least of all your father.
他无法袖手旁观等你再次行动
He couldn't stand by waiting for you to strike again,
所以他决定亲自行动
so he took matters into his own hands.
你提到伯迪和帕梅拉的一见钟情
All that talk about love at first sight, about Bertie and Pamela,
是有意让我嫉妒
you were deliberately trying to make me jealous,
试图戏弄我 让我自投罗网
trying to trick me into giving myself away.
我需要给你
I needed to give you an
施加一种不可遏止的渴望
overwhelming desire to go to Pamela's room,
让你用脚走向二楼到达帕梅拉房♥间
to walk up to the second floor.
是什么让你觉得她能够行走
What made you think she could walk?
埃弗拉德 芒乔伊的谋杀案
The murder of Everard Mountjoy.
-你说什么 -让我最难以启齿的事情
-What are you saying? -The hardest thing I've ever had to say.
米妮是凶手
Mouse is a murderer.
埃莉诺 告诉我这不是真的
Eleanor, tell me it isn't true.
他的嗜睡症没有发作 是我杀了他
He didn't have narcolepsy, I killed him.
嘘 孩子
Hush, child.
-你不知道你在说些什么 -是什么暴露了我
-You don't know what you're saying. -What gave me away?
你的新鞋 鞋底磨损了
Your new shoes. The soles were worn.
对一个两年以来没有走过步的人来说很反常
Odd for someone who hasn't walked a step in the last two years.
所以嫁给芒乔伊只是为了获得遗产吗
So marrying Mountjoy was just a way of getting your inheritance?
当他第一次求婚时 我欣喜若狂 那只是演给伯迪看的
When he first proposed, I was ecstatic. That'd show Bertie.
紧接着重磅来袭 他不是男人
And then the bombshell, he wasn't a he.
我不知道什么更糟糕
I don't know which was worse,
他是个女人或是他是冲着钱来的
that or the realisation he was only after money.
-你可以取消订婚 -他说服了我
-You could've called off the engagement. -He convinced me.
说我们都可以得到我们想要的
Said we could both have what we wanted.
他有足够的资金参加远征 而我拥有一个丈夫
He'd have money for his expedition and I'd have a husband,
尊严 在上流社会有一席之地
dignity, a place in society.
尊严 嫁给一个怪物
Dignity! Married to a freak.
或许当你被迫感到自己这辈子都是一个怪物
Perhaps when you're made to feel like a freak all your life,
被无视 被嫌弃
ignored, unwanted,
你会寻找同类让你感到不再孤单
you seek out others to make you feel less alone.
所以婚礼照常进行
So, the marriage was going ahead.
没错
Yes.
直到三天前
Until three days ago,
伯迪再次出现在我的生命中
when Bertie came back into my life.
伯迪 菲利普森先生
Mr Bertie Philipson.
你无法想象我有多震惊
You can't imagine the shock.
再次遇见他让我心跳加快
Seeing him again made my heart soar,
而我意识到无论和伯迪之间发生了什么
and I realised that whatever happened with Bertie,
我无法继续与芒乔伊假戏真做
I couldn't continue the charade with Mountjoy.
他大发雷霆 说他
He was furious. Said he'd
借了一大笔钱 资助去非洲的旅行
borrowed a fortune to finance the trip to Africa.
他正指望我的钱来给他还债
He was counting on my money to clear his debts.
他拒绝解除我们的订婚
He refused to release me from our engagement,
所以我威胁要曝光他肮脏的秘密
so I threatened to expose his sordid secret.
她说一旦我这么做 他就杀了我爱的男人
But he said if I did that, he'd kill the man I love.
我没有多虑
I didn't think twice.
聚会那晚 一直等到所有人在更衣时
On the night of the party, I waited till everyone was changing
我爬进了浴室
and I climbed into the bathroom.
尽管我悄悄进去 他还是看到了我
As I crept in, he saw me.
可为时已晚 我抓住他的脚 把他压在水下
But too late. I seized his feet, forced him underwater.
我不敢看
I couldn't look.
他停止挣扎
And then he stopped struggling.
我本计划按原路返回
I'd planned to escape the way I came,
可在我上来的时候 树枝断了
but the branch had broken on my way up,
所以我别无选择 只能从浴室正门离开
so I had no choice but to leave by the bathroom door.
接着我开始为庆祝
And I then began to get ready for the party
我和被我刚杀死的人的订婚聚会做准备
to celebrate my engagement to the person I'd just killed
冷血无情
in cold blood.
当这一切结束后 我要让伯迪娶我
When this is all over, I'll ask Bertie to marry me.
不为爱 你不能强迫一个人爱上你
Oh, not for love. You can't make someone love you,
而他得到了钱 我得到了他 两全其美
but he'll have money and I'll have him. We'll be so happy.
她这是怎么了
What's going to happen to her?
我想说 我真的很抱歉
I want you to know that I'm truly sorry.
我也是
I'm sorry, too.
米妮很抱歉
Mouse is very sorry.
夫人 为获得真♥相♥不惜一切代价 是吗
The truth at all costs, is that it, madam?
-你知道你做了什么吗 -你怎么能这么做
-You realise what you've done? -How could you?
阿德拉 她会死的
She's going to die, Adela.
我的女孩 她会因谋杀而被绞死的
My little girl, she's going to hang for murder.
先生 感谢你的坦率
Thank you for your candour, sir.
这是我的职责
I felt it was my duty.
对你们的遭遇感到遗憾
I'm sorry for your troubles.
探长 我以为你在惠茨特布尔
Inspector. I thought you were in Whitstable.
没错 直到我妻子吃了只牡蛎 引起食物中毒
Well, I was, till the wife tried an oyster. Food poisoning.
我猜宾小姐还在睡
I take it Miss Bing is still asleep.
是的 我带你去她的卧室
Yes. I'll show you her bedroom.
她应该就要醒了 只服用了温和的镇静剂
She should wake soon. It was only a mild sedative.
在这种情况下 我不觉得我该等
Well, under the circumstances, I don't think I can wait.
当然了 探长 最后面那个房♥间就是
Yes, of course. Inspector, it's the room at the end.
先生 谢谢
Thank you, sir.
这本该是段愉快的时光
This was supposed to be such a happy time.
宾先生
Mr Bing!
布雷德利夫人 你通常随身携带
Do you normally carry
大量莨菪碱(曼陀罗花的主要成分)吗
quantities of this hyoscyamine, Mrs Bradley?
不 这是一种来自美国的新配方
No, it's a new compound from America.
我买♥♥回来为了做实验
I brought it back for analysis.
你是有行医资格的医师吗
Are you a qualified medical practitioner?
你明知我不是
You know very well I'm not.
然而你却给你的教女服用
Yet you gave your goddaughter
这种未知且未经测试的来自美国的药剂
a drug unknown and untested outside America?
先生 这经过你允许了吗
Was this with your permission, sir?
当然 她处于极度糟糕的状态
Yes, of course. She was in a terrible state.
我只给她服用了一安瓿(一种密封的小瓶) 和我两天前晚上
I gave her a single ampoule, precisely the amount I gave Dorothy
给桃乐茜服用的量一致 并没有任何副作用
two nights ago with no ill effects whatsoever.
-你爱你的教女吗 -你在暗示什么
-Were you fond of your goddaughter? -Just what are you implying?
只构想出一到两种假设
Oh, merely formulating one or two theories.
不明白您什么意思
Dazzle me.
你说你看到布雷德利夫人配镇静剂
You say you saw Mrs Bradley administer the sedative.
是
Yes.
那么 那剂药是昨夜为宾小姐配制的
So, that's one dose administered to Miss Bing last night,
而另一晚 是为你 夫人
and the other night, one for you, ma'am?
对 我无大碍
Yes. I was fine.
那应该是一盒12瓶 只用了2瓶
That's two out of a box of 1 2,
应当留下10瓶 然而现在只剩8瓶
which should leave 1 0, yet only eight remain.
你能解释失踪的那两瓶去哪了吗
Can you account for the two missing ampoules?
不能
No.
宾小姐招认犯下谋杀罪
Miss Bing had confessed to murder.
她知道她要上绞刑架
She knew she was going to the gallows.
鉴于如此不幸
Given that unhappy circumstance,
某些爱她的人或许
someone fond of her might
决定帮她脱离苦海
well decide to put her out of her misery,
把她从比死亡还要遭的定数中拯救出来
save her from a fate worse than death.
一些人可能认为这是一种安乐死
Some might call it a mercy killing.
而陪审团称之为谋杀
A jury would call it murder.
-说的够清楚吗 -探长 你说得没错
-Dazzling enough for you? -You're quite right, Inspector.
任何关心埃莉诺的人
Anyone who cared for Eleanor