都希望她可以安详离世
would much rather she met a peaceful end
而非绞刑而死 可仁爱天使并非我
than swing from a noose, but the angel of mercy was not me.
-莨菪碱在这 -对
-The hyoscyamine was in here? -Yes.
并且除你之外
And no one has touched the
没有人接触过这个包
bag since you arrived apart from yourself?
没有 我把这个锁在衣柜里
No. It was locked in my wardrobe.
除了昨晚 我把它放在床头
Except for last night. I kept it by my bed.
夫人 有人可以在你入睡时偷偷潜入
Someone could have sneaked in while you were asleep, madam.
没错 在这种情况下
True, in which case
那个人的指纹一定留在你的包上了
that someone's prints would be on the bag.
我这辈子从未像这样被侮辱过
I've never been so insulted in my life.
你知道我父亲是谁吗
Do you realise who my father is?
小姐 我还真不知道 先生 最后一位
Can't say I do, miss. Last one, sir.
不可思议 太不可思议了
Extraordinary. Quite extraordinary.
-什么不可思议 -包上有两组指纹
-What's extraordinary? -Two sets of fingerprints on the bag.
一组是布雷德利夫人的 另一组不符合在场任何一人
One's Mrs Bradley's. The other doesn't belong to anyone here.
-你确定这是所有人的指纹 -先生 确定
-Are you sure that's everyone? -Positive, sir.
并不是
Not quite.
你忘了埃莉诺的
You're forgetting Eleanor herself.
我猜她在夜里醒来
It's my belief she woke in the night,
在镇静剂的效果下仍虚弱无力
still groggy from the sedative,
而她也认清了要面临的残酷现实
and the full severity of her plight began to dawn.
声名狼藉 审判 可怕的绞刑
Disgrace, trial, hideous death by hanging.
又有谁不会被仁慈的救赎和痛快的死亡所吸引呢
Who wouldn't be tempted by merciful oblivion and speedy death?
宾先生
Mr Bing,
先生 第二组指纹属于你的女儿
the second set of prints do belong to your daughter, sir.
恐怕布雷德利夫人是对的 她是自杀
I'm afraid Mrs Bradley's right. She did commit suicide.
知道了
I see.
探长 谢谢你
Thank you, Inspector.
恕我失陪了
Excuse me.
乔治 你有手帕吗
You got a handkerchief, George?
恕我直言 您不必责怪自己
If you don't mind my saying, you're not to blame yourself.
她是个杀人犯 您做的没错
She was a murderer. You did the right thing.
无论如何 我把这归于精神贯注过强
Anyway, I put it down to hypercathexis.
精神什么
Hyperca what?
精神贯注过强
Hypercathexis. It's a
来形容埃莉诺小姐精神状态的专业术语
technical term for Miss Eleanor's state of mind.
对特别的事物或人 持有
Excessive concentration of desire
过分集中的欲望
upon a particular object or person,
那人就是伯迪 菲利普森
that person being Bertie Philipson.
乔治 你会把宾先生的字典还回去的吧
George, you will give Mr Bing his dictionary back, won't you?
-夫人 当然 那么 结案了
-Of course, madam.So, case closed.
快了 乔治 就快了
Nearly, George. Very nearly.
她说你就像是她的母亲
She said you were like a mother to her.
-埃莉诺这么说过 -对
-Eleanor said that? -Yes.
今早当我抬起她头时
When I held her hand this morning,
我注意到她的手臂上有一个针痕
I noticed a small mark on her arm
像是有人曾给她注射过
as though someone had given her an injection.
真的吗
Really?
对戴手套的人来说很容易
Easy enough for that someone to wear gloves,
皮下注射药物
administer the injection with my hypodermic
最后再把
and then afterwards put
埃莉诺的指纹摁在我的包和安瓿瓶上
Eleanor's prints on my bag and the ampoules.
如果你怀疑 为什么不告诉警方
If you're suspicious, why not tell the police?
因为无论谁给她注射
Because whoever gave her
那人都会因谋杀罪而接受审判
that injection would face trial for murder.
-你究竟想要说什么 -没什么
-What exactly are you trying to prove? -Oh, nothing.
可昨夜我有段不寻常的经历
But I had the oddest experience last night.
一股刺鼻的异味弄醒了我
A strange smell so pungent that it woke me,
我明显感觉到
and I had the distinct
有人来过我房♥间
impression that someone had been in my room.
直到早晨这股味道还未散去
The smell was still there this morning.
樟脑丸
Mothballs.
夫人 还有什么事吗
Will there be anything else, madam?
假设
Assuming someone loved
一个爱埃莉诺的人仁慈地帮她解脱了
Eleanor enough to help her to a merciful end,
那一定很难独自承担这个秘密
it would be hard to bear that secret alone.
我想 并不孤单
Not quite alone, I hope.
你在这干嘛
What are you doing here?
桃乐茜告诉我埃莉诺的事 不敢相信
Dorothy telephoned me about Eleanor. Shocking.
是啊
Yes.
你看到斯多宾小姐了吗
I don't suppose you've seen Miss Storbin?
怎么 看上了下一个金主
Why? Got your eye on the next goose to lay the golden egg?
-不得不说 这话过分了 -伯迪 天哪
-I'd say, that's a bit strong. -Bertie! Thank God.
-我一听到消息就赶来了 -糟糕透了 可怜的埃莉诺
-I came as soon as I heard. -It's so awful. Poor Eleanor.
不 你更可怜
No, poor you.
这让我脑海中浮现起
This rather puts me in
一个古老的猜谜游戏 因果(每个人轮流从11个选项中选择一个词或短语)
mind of that old parlour game, Consequences.
贫穷的伯迪 菲利普森和富有的帕梅拉 斯多宾
Poor Bertie Philipson met rich Pamela Storbin
在周末的乡间别♥墅♥相遇
at a country house weekend.
-他对她说 -请容许我送你回城
-He said to her... -May I offer you a lift back to town?
-她回答 -太棒了
-She said to him... -What a delicious idea.
接着因果循环
And the consequence was...
-小姐 你看上去太美了 -那是辆豪华汽车
-You look lovely, miss. -That's an expensive motor car.
宾利 帕梅拉父亲的礼物
A Bentley. A present from Pamela's father.
布雷德利夫人 你觉得怎么样
What do you think of that, Mrs Bradley?
你可真是个幸运的男人
I think you're a very lucky man.
我的格言 在生活中创造属于自己的幸运
You make your own luck in life. That's my motto.
显然 你会小心驾驶的吧
Evidently. Drive carefully, won't you?
感谢你的前来
Thank you so much for coming.
我听说你们
I hear you're going off
要和加尔达 桃乐茜一同度蜜月
on a joint honeymoon with Garde and Dorothy.
是的 桃乐茜的点子 她是不是很聪明
Yes, Dorothy's idea. Isn't she clever?
嗯 桃乐茜是相当聪明
Oh, yes. Dorothy is very clever indeed.
我想接下来就是你们这对了
I gather you two are next.
-祝贺你们 -谢谢
-Congratulations. -Thank you.
-亨利 快走 -亲爱的 好
-Come on, Henry. -Yes, dear.
-空气中充满了爱意 是吧 -显而易见
-Love is in the air, eh? -Apparently so.
我想你在不紧不慢地寻找新对象
I take it you're in no hurry
那种年纪大的已婚人士
to have another crack at it, the old wedded bliss.
-也不能这么说 并不是 -好吧 说得好
-I can't say I am. No. -No. Right. Fair enough. Fair enough.
-阿德拉 再见 -阿♥拉♥斯泰尔 再见
-Well, bye, Adela. -Goodbye, Alastair.
-夫人 一切都好吗 -是的 乔治 你呢
-Everything all right, madam? -Yes, George. And with you?
-很好 -好极了
-Never better. -Splendid.
回家吧
Home, I think, don't you?
乔治 有晚报吗
Have you got the evening paper, George?
-夫人 有 -谢谢
-Yes, madam. -Thank you.