# 他使我躺卧 #
# He makes me down to lie #
# 在青草地上 #
# In pastures green #
# 他引导我 #
# He leadeth me #
# 在可安息的水边 #
# The quiet waters by #
巴克斯特在八点发现了尸体
Baxter found the body at 8:00.
在七点三十到八点之间 我们都在自己的房♥间里 换衣服准备舞会
Between 7:30 and 8:00, we were all in our rooms, dressing for the party.
-所以没人有不在场证明 -三个问题
-So no one has an alibi. -Three questions.
如果芒乔伊昏迷然后溺死了
If Mountjoy had a blackout and drowned,
为什么在浴缸的两边都有水呢
why was there water on both sides of the bath?
为什么窗户是打开的 门又没有锁呢
Why was the window open and why was the door unlocked?
人有时是会忘记锁门的
People do forget to lock doors.
你有着像芒乔伊一样的秘密就不会忘记
Not if you have a secret like Mountjoy.
在那种情况下 袭击他的人
In which case, his assailant
一定是为了逃走才把门打开的
must have unlocked the door in order to escape.
你在假设凶手是从窗户爬进来的吗
You're assuming the murderer climbed in through the window?
看上去确实像是这样
It does rather look like it.
# 必有恩惠慈爱随着我 #
# Shall surely follow me #
# 我要住在耶♥和♥华♥的殿中 #
# And in God's house... #
他一定得是个身手矫健的杂技演员
He'd have to be quite an acrobat
才能从这里爬到窗户那 夫人
to climb through that window from here, madam.
也许他用了梯子
Perhaps he used a ladder.
如果是这样的话 那么在花圃附近肯定有痕迹
In which case, there'd be marks on the flowerbed.
一根被折断的树枝 看上去刚折断不久
A branch, snapped off. Quite recently by the look of it.
可能是因为承受不了某人攀爬的重量而折断的
Perhaps under the weight of someone using it to climb up.
由此推测出原逃跑路线中被折断的树枝
Thereby cutting off the escape route
迫使犯人必须从浴室的门离开
and forcing the culprit to leave by the bathroom door.
愿死者汲取我们的安慰
May the bereaved among us draw comfort
正如上帝把光给予了他们却独自栖身于黑暗
as the Lord gives light to them that sit in darkness
与死亡的阴影之下
and in the shadow of death.
芒乔伊背对着窗户
Mountjoy would have his back to the window,
所以他不会看到犯人进来
so he wouldn't see his assailant enter.
水流声很大
The water would be running,
因此他不会听到窗户被打开的声音
and so he wouldn't hear the window open.
洗澡时间到咯
Bath time.
您说什么
Beg your pardon?
我自己不是特别熟悉我们所认识的埃弗拉德 芒乔伊
I myself was not overly familiar with the poor departed soul
这个可怜的离世了的灵魂
we have come to know as Everard Mountjoy.
但是据大家所说
But by all accounts,
在很多领域
he was a most remarkable character.
他都是个了不起的人物
In more ways than one.
准备好了
Ready when you are.
-真的有必要这样吗 -很重要
-You are sure this is necessary? -Essential.
我打开窗户然后爬进来
I open the window and climb in.
当我穿过房♥间时 他看见了我 但太迟了
As I cross the room, he sees me, but too late.
我抓住他的脚然后悬在空中 就像这样
I seize the feet and hoist them into the air like so.
他的头完全淹没在水里
His head is completely submerged,
尽管他再挣扎 他活下来的唯一希望是
and struggle though he may, his only hope of survival
我松开手
is if I let go.
他死了 然后犯人关掉了水龙头
He is dead. Then turn off the taps.
地上都湿了
The floor is wet.
浴缸的两边都有水
There is water on either side of the bath.
注意 当他死亡的时候
Note, consistent not with
他被凶手从一头举到另一头 溅出的水花
his being lifted out from one side or the other
和他自己洗澡
when he was dead,
溅出的水花是不一样的
but of his frantic splashings when he was alive.
逃走的时间到了
Time to escape.
但是我爬上来的时候弄断了树枝 所以
But the branch that helped me up is broken, so...
这样做风险很大 但总比跳下去摔死好
It's risky, but better than breaking my neck.
你还好吧
Are you all right?
现在
Now,
我觉得这就解释了埃弗拉德的死因
I think that takes care of how.
我们只剩下凶手是谁的问题了
We are left with who.
# 你面对面注视着他 #
# You behold Him face to face #
# 他的光辉胜过日月 #
# Sun and moon bow down before him #
# 所有在时空间的人们啊 #
# Dwellers all in time and space #
# 赞美他吧 赞美他吧 #
# Praise Him, praise Him #
# 赞美他吧 赞美他吧 #
# Praise Him, praise Him #
# 用上帝的慈悲赞美吧 #
# Praise with us the God of grace #
让我们祈祷
Let us pray.
为我们将接受的馈赠而祈祷
For what we are about to receive,
让我们诚挚地感激上帝
may the Lord make us truly thankful.
阿门
Amen.
这是埃莉诺最爱吃的 干得好 麦卡纳马拉夫人
Eleanor's favourite. Well done, Mrs MacNamara.
-我什么都不要 -你应该吃一点东西 小姐
-Nothing for me. -You should eat something, miss.
谢谢你 我不是小孩子了
Thank you. I'm no longer seven years old.
人生是一场丰富多彩的盛会 我们还得继续走下去 埃莉诺
Life's rich pageant must go on, Eleanor.
说得好 爸爸
Well said, Father.
我们都很震惊 尤其是埃莉诺
We've all had a shock, Eleanor in particular.
但是生活在继续 所以我要宣布一件事
But life does go on, which is why I have an announcement.
我已经问过桃乐茜她是否愿给我这份荣幸 当我的妻子
I have asked Dorothy to do me the honour of becoming my wife.
我很高兴 她已经接受了我的求婚
I'm happy to say, she has accepted.
你们说句话呀
Somebody say something.
你已经失去理智了吗 我的孩子
Have you taken leave of your senses, boy?
曼娜斯小姐 这是不是有点太突然了
Miss Manners, isn't this rather sudden?
不见得
Not really.
之前我们只是不想抢了埃莉诺的风头 但是既然
We just didn't want to steal Eleanor's thunder, but now that...
-我很抱歉 我觉得这太不像话了 -伯迪
-I'm sorry. I think it's appalling. -Bertie!
拜托 想想埃莉诺
I mean, for Eleanor's sake.
你们这样做真是太无情了
It's the most insensitive timing I can imagine.
我真的不介意
I don't mind, really.
-我为你们两感到很高兴 -看到没 伯迪 你就应该这样
-I'm truly happy for you both. -See, Bertie, as you should be.
他只是想表现得有礼貌一点 不是吗
He's just being sweet. Aren't you?
调皮鬼 这是什么
Naughty boy. What's this?
加德 这是你母亲的遗物
Garde, that was your mother's.
在严格的条目下 她把这个遗赠给我
And she bequeathed it to me with strict instructions
让我在我订婚那天送给我的未婚妻
to present it to my betrothed on the day of our engagement.
太漂亮了
It's sublime.
-扣环好像坏了 -坏了
-The clasp appears to be broken. -Broken?
你怎么弄的 这项链价值不菲啊
What the devil do you mean? It's worth a fortune!
亲爱的 没事的 任何事情都是可以弥补的
It's all right, darling. Nothing that can't be fixed.
我把它放到这里面
I'll pop it in here
然后下次去城里的时候我会把它修好
and I'll have it repaired next time I go up to town.
我 我很抱歉
I'm... I'm sorry.
桃乐茜说的对
Dorothy's right.
-这没什么大不了的 -没什么大不了
-No harm done. -No harm?
你不和我商量一句就宣布订婚
You announce your engagement
还说没什么大不了
without a word to me and say no harm.
我希望你能为我感到幸福
I'd hoped you'd be happy for me.
我倒希望你对我多一点尊重
And I'd hoped you treat me with a little respect.
让我们为这对幸福的夫妇干杯
A toast to the happy couple.
加德脾气脾气一直很暴躁
Garde's always had a temper,
但自从那次战争以来
but since the war he has
他就更加喜怒无常
these rages which flare up for no reason at all.
-伯迪说这是弹震症 -他是怎么救了加德的性命的
-Bertie says it's shellshock. -How did he save Garde's life?
他们都怎么说那件事
They don't talk about it much,
但有一天晚上 我把伯迪灌醉了
but I got Bertie squiffy one night.
他告诉我在帕斯尚尔战役的时候 加德被一名狙击手击中了
He told me it was at Passchendaele. Garde was hit by a sniper.
其他人都把他丢下让他等死 但只有伯迪没有放弃他
The others left him for dead, but Bertie refused to give up.
他在泥淖中背着他走了数英里
Carried him for miles through the mud.
多么勇敢啊
How very brave.
现在喝茶还为时尚早 不是吗
It's a bit early for tea, isn't it?
午饭你没吃什么东西
You didn't have any lunch.
亲爱的 如果没有你我该怎么办
Dear Mrs Fusspot, what would I do without you?
我不能吃这个
Oh, I couldn't possibly,
但我知道有一个人
but I know one person who
非常爱吃干果牛油蛋糕 那个人就是我的司机
is very fond of fruit cake. My chauffeur.
麦克纳马拉太太 给他一片吧
One slice of that, Mrs MacNamara,
你就可以交到一辈子的朋友
and you'd have a friend for life.
谢谢你 夫人 我会记住的
Thank you, madam. I'll bear that in mind.
我觉得她不是很喜欢我
I don't think she likes me very much.