-他来了吗 巴克斯特 -是的 先生
-Is he here, Baxter? -Yes, sir.
-谁来了 -宴会前的小惊喜
-Is who here? -A little pre-party surprise.
-伯迪 菲利普森先生 -你好啊 老兄
-Mr Bertie Philipson. -Hello, old man!
-埃莉诺 -哦
-Eleanor? -Oh...
没什么大不了 真的
It's nothing, really.
你好 伯迪 请恕我失陪
Hello, Bertie. Do excuse me.
-我说了我们该提醒她的 -要我去叫个医生吗
-I said we should have warned her. -Shall I fetch a doctor?
我觉得你做的够多的了
I think you've done quite enough.
我想出事那晚是伯迪开的车
I take it Bertie was driving the night of the accident.
是的 在我们听歌♥剧回来的路上
Yes. On our way back from the opera.
你很爱他吗
And you were very much in love with him?
这是很久以前的事了 都过了两年了
It was a long time ago. Two years.
从你的反应看 你之后就没见过他了
Judging by your reaction, you haven't seen him since.
没 他只写过信
No. He wrote.
说他很抱歉 不能回应我的爱慕之情
Said he was sorry, but he couldn't return my affections
恩 总而言之 他离开对大家都好
so, all things considered, it was best if he stayed away.
我觉得她现在都订婚了和你之间算是完了
I assumed she was over you now she's engaged.
当然啊 我向你保证
And she is. I assure you.
-也许我该走了 -真是个好主意
-Perhaps I should leave. -What a capital idea.
别这么说
You'll do no such thing.
你忘了他对你妹妹都做了什么吗
Have you forgotten what he did to your sister?
没忘 我也没忘他是我的救命恩人
No. Nor have I forgotten he saved my life.
伯迪是我的朋友
Bertie's my friend.
他在还债 他做的可比有些人觉得的要多
And he pays his debts, more than can be said for some people.
这又不是贷款 你知道的 是笔投资
It wasn't a loan, it was an investment. You knew that.
亲爱的 我相信埃弗拉德
Darling, I'm sure Everard
心里知道他亏欠了什么
has every intention of paying what he owes.
你是认真的吗
Are you indeed?
时间在流逝 我无时无刻不渴望能回到从前
Not a day goes by I don't wish I could turn back the clock.
我从没怪过你 那是场意外
I never blamed you. It was an accident.
我很高兴你能来
I'm glad you came.
我也是
Same here.
还记得我们在这喝茶的那天吗
Do you remember the day we took tea here?
我犯傻
I made a fool of myself,
像个害了相思病的小女生一样对你倾心
gushing all over you like a lovesick schoolgirl.
你不傻 我受宠若惊
You didn't make a fool of yourself. I was highly flattered.
别用那副神气十足的样子对我 伯迪
Don't patronise me, Bertie.
抱歉
Sorry.
芒乔伊看着挺正派的 挺迷恋你的
Mountjoy seems a decent sort. Potty about you.
-你是在嫉妒他吗 -他是个幸运儿
-Can you blame him? -He's a lucky man.
你呢 你有迷恋的人了吗
And you, who are you potty about?
没有 我天天担心着生意亏本
No one. Too busy making ends meet.
或许你今晚能遇上个梦中情人呢 你要留下来吗
Maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams tonight. You will stay?
-额 我觉得你♥爸♥爸可能 -我来说服他
-Well, I don't think your father... -I'll take care of Father.
从那场意外之后 他想尽一切办法让我开心
Since the accident, he'll do anything to make me happy.
梅布尔 这些玻璃要抛光了
Mabel, these glasses need polishing.
你要觉得这些银器也算干净的话
And if you think this silver's clean,
那你就太自我感觉良好了
you've got another think coming.
抱歉
Excuse me.
对不起 还没到六点我就来了 这就是
Sorry, not till 6:00, is it,
职员晚餐吗 我只是有点饿了
staff supper? Only I'm a bit peckish.
我们正忙着呢
And we're a bit busy.
从你工资里扣钱 梅布尔 琼斯
Shilling off your wages, Mabel Jones.
别担心 我不会让你饿着的
Don't worry. I'll see you don't starve.
你觉得宾先生会介意
Do you think Mr Bing would
我从他的图书室里借本书吗
mind if I borrowed a book from his library?
-我和你说了 我还要点时间 -别跟我说这些
-I told you, I need more time! -Don't give me that.
一百块是很大一笔钱
100 pounds is a lot of money.
这点钱都不够支票的印刷费
This cheque isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
我刚在欣赏你的车呢 先生
I was just admiring your car, sir.
你对汽车有些了解
Know anything about motor cars,
-对吧 -足够能看出这车不错
-do you? -Enough to know that one's a beauty.
是啊 我对宾利车情有独钟
Yes. Got my eye on a Bentley.
我也是呢 先生 我要买♥♥也买♥♥宾利车
Me, too, sir. When my ship comes in.
不知道是谁说的人生中最美好的事情都是免费的
Whoever said the best things in life are free,
那人肯定没欠债 对吧
he didn't have an overdraft, eh?
-能借根烟抽吗 -嗯
-Don't suppose you got a smoke? -Mmm.
谢谢
Thanks.
-我想让你明天来帮我洗车 -好啊 谢谢你 先生
-I might let you wash her tomorrow. -Why, thank you, sir.
我的心情无以言表了
I hardly know what to say.
对了 我想是到了要穿过时企鹅套装的时候了
Right, it's time for the old penguin suit, I suppose.
聚会聚会聚会 是吧
Party party party, hey?
请容我解释 先生 我在看书
Beg your pardon, sir. I was after a book.
我看到了
So I see.
-继续吧 -谢谢您 先生
-Carry on. -Thank you, sir.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
香肠卷 由您真诚的梅布尔制♥作♥
Sausage rolls. Made by yours truly.
谢谢
Thank you.
我
I...
我觉得布雷德利太太应该需要一个新女仆吧
I don't suppose Mrs Bradley needs a new maid?
我不知道 怎么了
I don't know. Why?
额 我不想一辈子困在这种方式里生活了 不是吗
Well, I don't want to be stuck in this dump all me life, do I?
-你觉得怎么样 -好吃 很好吃
-What do you think? -Tasty. Very tasty indeed.
你该说很好看的
Saucy.
哦 我说的是香肠卷
Oh, I meant the sausage roll.
我知道你的意思 乔治 穆迪
I know what you mean, George Moody.
-这是什么 -我的推荐信
-What's this? -My references.
如果我给布雷德利工作的话
If I worked for Mrs Bradley,
那你每天都能尝到
you could have something nice and tasty like that
好吃美味的东西了
every single day.
梅布尔 工作了 快快
Mabel, work to do. Chop, chop.
我觉得你该知道梅布尔是什么意思
I think you should know Mabel's spoken for.
-额 她不是看起来的那个意思 -恩 不
-Well, she doesn't act like it. -No, well...
她的爱慕者正要找合适的方式给她表白呢
Her admirer hasn't quite found the words to convey his feelings.
那你代我给他些建议吧
You give him a tip from me,
巴克斯特先生 一朵玫瑰胜过万千情话
Mr Baxter. A single rose speaks volumes.
-阿德拉 你一如既往的迷人 -谢谢
-Adela, lovely as ever. -Thank you.
大家都什么时候来
When's everybody due?
八点半 我讨厌他们来之前
8:30. I hate this bit just
要等待的这段时间 这很让人紧张
before they all come. It's so nerve-racking.
你有意识到
Do you realise this is the
这是你参加的第一个我的生日会吗
first one of my parties you'll ever have been to?
别胡说了 我们每年都办生日聚会
Nonsense. We had birthday parties every year.
是的 但是爸爸从来都没来 总是说忙
Yes, but Pa never came to mine. Too busy.
恩 我们会把那些逝去的时光补回来的
Well, we'll just have to make up for lost time.
言归正传 加尔达晚上会说一些祝词
Now, Garde's going to say a few words of congratulations.
不了 谢谢 这是我的夜晚
No, thank you! This is my night.
我可不想哥哥喧宾夺主
I don't want big brother stealing the show.
-如你所愿 -伯迪 要来些吗
-As you wish. -Bertie, would you?
有人看到我未婚夫了吗
Has anyone seen my fiance?
他有嗜睡的坏习惯
He has a terrible habit of just dropping off.
婚姻会改变这些的 至少改变一段时期
Marriage will change that. For a time, at least.
说真的 也只有你会这么说了
Honestly, the things you say.
够了伯迪 是时候庆祝了
That's it, Bertie. Time for bubbles!
亲爱的米妮
Darling Mouse.
她就是为聚会而生
She's quite the life and soul of the party.
哦 这都是她遇到芒乔伊之后的改变
Oh, a total transformation since she met Mountjoy.
要知道她过去一直郁郁寡欢
Remember how morose she used to be.
那是你印象里的埃莉诺
That's the Eleanor you remember.
谢谢
Thank you.
桃乐茜 曼纳斯 太不稳重了
As for Dorothy Manners, flibbity-gibbet.
-那是什么鬼节拍 -那叫爵士
-What is that infernal racket? -It's called jazz.
-那节拍永远跟不上调子 -亲爱的阿♥拉♥斯泰尔 你就没年轻过吗
-It'll never catch on. -Dear Alastair, were you ever young?
你最清楚了 你还记得剑桥的五月舞会吗
You should know. You ever think of that May Ball in Cambridge?
那是个月圆之夜
The night of the full moon.
在那之后 我们还游泳了
And afterwards, swimming in the river.
-怎么了 巴克斯特 -我觉得你该来一下 先生
-Yes, what is it, Baxter? -I think you should come, sir.
是芒乔伊先生
It's Mr Mountjoy.
# 我们忘乎所以 #
# ...we're merely and mammals #
# 来纵情狂欢吧 #
# Let's misbehave #