她只是比较不苟言笑 你会习惯的
That's just her way. You'll get used to it.
在我母亲死后 她就像是我的妈妈
She's been like a mother to me since Ma died.
她身上喷着味道奇特的香水
Interesting perfume she wears.
布雷德利夫人 要来玩玩吗
Mrs Bradley, fancy a game?
不胜感激
Much obliged.
我看到你找到了你的字典
I see you've found your dictionary, then.
每日学一词
A new word every day.
增加词汇量 开阔眼界
Broaden your vocabulary, broaden your mind.
这是布雷德利夫人说的
That's what Mrs Bradley says.
一位女士让她的司机有这样的兴趣真是不常见啊
Unusual for a lady to take such an interest in her chauffeur.
机缘凑巧 指的是意外发现珍品的运气或本领
''Serendipity. Making happy discoveries by accident.''
当然 难点还是在句子中运用这些词语
Of course, the challenge is to use it in an actual sentence.
在我看来 她没有得到
She's no better than she
她应得的幸福 因为她确实离婚了
should be if you ask me. Divorced indeed.
我的艾伯特和我结婚21年了
My Albert and I were married for 21 years.
我们同艰苦共患难
We stuck it out through thick and thin.
可怜的艾伯特
Poor old Albert.
哦 黄油面包 非常感谢
Oh, bread and dripping. Thank you very much.
原来你们在这啊 我找得好苦
There you are. I've been looking everywhere.
我刚才只是在想 我可能永远不会结婚了
I was just thinking, I'll never marry now.
我只遇到了两个我爱的男人
I've only met two men I could ever love.
一个不能爱我 至于另外一个
One couldn't love me and as for the other...
蒙田说过
Just remember your Montaigne.
婚姻好比一个鸟笼
"Marriage may be compared to a cage."
外面的鸟儿想进进不去
"The birds without despair
里面的鸟儿想出出不来
to get in and those within despair to get out."
你当然可以接受这一切 因为你经历过
It's all right for you, you've done it.
没人能说你被束之高阁了 不是吗
No one could accuse you of being on the shelf, could they?
我觉得我能肯定地说
Oh, I think I can safely say
我在高阁上被取下来过 然后掸了一两次灰
I've been taken down and dusted once or twice.
救命啊 我被抢劫了
Help! I've been burgled.
在打完槌球后我洗了个澡 我回来就发现
I took a bath after croquet and when I got back...
-有什么东西不见了吗 -我的手提包不见了
-What's missing? -My handbag.
-那加德给你的项链呢 -在里面
-And the necklace Garde gave you... -Was inside.
伯迪 菲利普森在哪
Where's Bertie Philipson?
-发生什么事了吗 -介意我问问你去哪了吗
-Something the matter? -Mind if we ask where you've been?
一个小时以前 我就开车出去兜风了
I went for a spin about an hour ago.
在你的司机洗完车以后 为什么这么问
After your man finished washing the motor. Why?
发生了一场入室行窃 桃乐茜的项链不见了
There's been a burglary. Dorothy's necklace.
-我是不是被指控了 -当然不是
-Am I being accused of something? -Of course not.
进来喝一杯吧
Come and have a drink.
乔治为他做了很好的不在场证明
There's no better alibi than George.
我们只得到了他一小时前离开了的证词
We've only got the fellow's word he left an hour ago.
他可以溜回来然后将那里洗劫一空
He could have sneaked back in and robbed the place.
或者是
Or...
-当然不可能 -他才和我们待了一个月
-Surely not. -He's only been with us a month.
-或者是 -你不会想说这是管家干的吧
-Or... -You're not saying the butler did it?
或许我们应该把侦探这方面的工作留给你
Perhaps we should leave the detective work to you.
我们暂时先别报♥警♥
Let's not call the police for the time being.
的确如此 我觉得家丑不可外扬
Quite. Something tells me this is best kept in the family.
贺拉斯 这架轧布机坏了
Horace! This mangle's not right.
你知道
Would you happen to know
麦克纳马拉太太在这个家里待了多久吗
how long Mrs MacNamara's been with the family?
为什么这么问呢 你觉得她有可能是贼吗 还是有可能是凶手
Why? You think she could be a thief? Or a murderer?
你羡慕嫉妒恨吗
Some sort of grudge?
她不太友好
She's not exactly brimming with bonhomie.
友好 多么好的词呀
Bonhomie! Such a good word.
知道麦克纳马拉先生发生了什么事吗
Do we know what happened to Mr MacNamara?
他三年前去世的 也许是饿死的
He died. Three years ago. Probably starved to death.
昨晚八点她在哪里
And where was she at 8:00 last night?
-她说她在厨房♥里 -有目击者吗
-In the kitchen, so she says. -Did anyone see her?
显然没有
Apparently not.
阿♥拉♥斯泰尔
Alastair.
我只是 只是在找水喝
Just, uh... Just getting some water.
自从玛乔丽死后 我就总失眠
I don't sleep much nowadays, not since Marjorie passed on.
今晚的满月 就像五月舞会那天一样
Full moon tonight, like the May Ball.
我认为我们今晚不会去游泳的
I don't think we'll be swimming tonight.
有的时候我觉得我应该爱上你的 阿黛拉
Sometimes I think I should have fought for you, Adela.
就像昆斯伯里反抗伦道夫一样
Queensbury rules against Randolph?
你是没有希望的
You wouldn't have stood a chance.
我们本可以一起幸福的生活
We could have had a good life together.
也许吧 但我的丈夫很英俊
Maybe, but he was very handsome.
我迷恋上了他 青春懵懂总会犯错的
And I was very smitten. The folly of youth.
你依旧是那么明艳动人
I still see shades of the young you.
琼枝绝代风华 遗世朱颜未改
"Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety."
阿♥拉♥斯泰尔 亲爱的阿♥拉♥斯泰尔
Alastair, dear Alastair.
有两件事 是你一生中绝不能做的
There are two things in life you can never do.
第一 在侍者还没准备好的时候吸引他的注意
One, catch a waiter's eye before he's ready to see you.
第二 让时光逆转
And two, turn back the clock.
我永不言弃
Never say never.
我发现我越来越不能相信他人了 即便是老朋友
I have an increasing inability to trust people, even old friends.
阿♥拉♥斯泰尔当然有权利在他自己的房♥子里偷偷转来转去
Alastair has every right to creep around his own house,
但仍然有一个凶手无法无天
still, with a murderer on the loose,
谁都会有所怀疑 不是吗
one can't help but wonder, can one?
桃乐茜
Dorothy!
不是我♥干♥的
It wasn't me.
-发生什么事了 -伯迪 先把枪放下
-What's going on? -Bertie, put down the gun.
伯迪 你在干什么
Bertie, what are you doing?
我发誓不是我♥干♥的
Look, I swear it wasn't me.
看上去像一场非法闯入 夫人 厨房♥的门被撬开了
Looks like a break-in, madam. The kitchen door's been forced.
-听到没 我告诉过你是有贼进来了 -到底发生了什么
-See, I told you it was a burglar. -Exactly what happened?
介意我喝一杯坐下来谈吗
Anyone mind if I help myself to a drink?
-你还真是厚脸皮 先生 -爸爸 别这么说伯迪
-You've got a damn cheek, sir. -Father, it's Bertie.
我知道这看上去很糟 但事实很简单
I know it looks bad, but the truth is very simple.
那时我的头非常疼
I had a thumping headache,
我一直睡不着 我记得桃乐茜有一点阿司匹林
and I couldn't sleep, and I knew Dorothy had some aspirin.
然后 楼下伸手不见五指
And then, there wasn't any light under the door.
我本想回去睡觉的 但头越来越疼
I was about to go back to bed, but the pain was getting worse.
所以我偷偷进去了 我看到了桃乐茜 她睡得很熟
So I crept in and I saw Dorothy. She was fast asleep.
像往常一样 她戴着眼罩睡觉
With her sleep mask, as usual.
我也看见了在床头柜上的阿司匹林
And the aspirin on the bedside table.
当我听见有人进来的时候 我正准备离开
And I was about to leave when I heard someone coming in,
所以我躲在了衣柜的后面
so I stepped behind the wardrobe.
我觉得这是我的某种条件反射
Sort of reflex action, I suppose.
我能看见枪管伸了出来
I could see the rifle,
但没有看到是谁拿着枪 然后我大叫
but not who was holding it. And I called out...
桃乐茜
Dorothy!
她动了 谢天谢地
...and she moved, thank God.
桃乐茜 你没事吧
Dorothy, are you all right?
我跑过去确认她是否安然无恙
I ran to see if she was all right.
我冲了出去 但犯人已经逃走了
Then I rushed out, but whoever it was had gone.
我走回房♥间 发现了掉落在地上的枪
And so I came back in. The rifle was on the floor.
我把它捡了起来 这时布雷德利夫人进来了
I picked it up and that's when Mrs Bradley came in.
-所以当时你戴着眼罩 -我总是戴着眼罩睡觉
-So you were wearing a sleep mask? -Always do.
-事实上你没有看见任何东西 -没有
-And you didn't actually see anything? -No.
我醒来就听到伯迪在叫我的名字 我只看到了他
I woke when Bertie yelled my name. All I saw was him.
还有那把枪
And the rifle.
为什么我要伤害桃乐茜呢
Why would I want to harm Dorothy?
我不想听你解释 报♥警♥吧
I neither know nor care. Call the police.
爸爸 请理智点 一定是有人闯进来了
Father, please, be reasonable. Someone obviously broke in.
起码 伯迪应该是清白的
At the very least, Bertie deserves the benefit of the doubt.
让我说 他就应该被判十年苦役
I'll tell you what he deserves. Ten years' hard labour.
天哪 他可是我的救命恩人
For God's sake, you're talking about the man who saved my life.
我希望你今晚就离开这儿
I want you out of this house tonight.
打一针见效会更快
An injection would take effect more quickly.
打♥针♥ 不要了 谢谢
Needles, no thank you!
这样就可以了 只要它能帮我睡着
This'll do fine, as long as it helps me sleep.
-谢谢 -不用客气 小姐
-Thank you. -It's no trouble, miss.
-你确定自己没事吗 -没问题的
-You're sure you'll be all right? -Hunky dory.
谢谢你这么贴心
Thank you for being sweet.