我希望你不要问我关于钱的事 布雷德利夫人
I hope you're not going to ask me about money, Mrs Bradley.
我那可怜的老爸会告诉你 我只知道该怎么花钱
As my poor old pa would tell you, I only know how to spend it.
桃乐茜 这个英俊迷人不拘小节的男士是谁
Dorothy, who is this gorgeously dishevelled man?
伯迪 你这样子吓到客人了
Bertie, you look an absolute fright!
没有什么是好好睡一觉不能解决的
Nothing some sleep wouldn't put right.
你还有脸来
You've got a damn cheek.
还像什么都没发生一样在这儿散步
Strolling in here as if nothing had happened.
那恰好是我在这儿的原因 先生 没发生什么事
Well, that's precisely why I'm here, sir. Nothing did happen.
-今天早晨八点半你在哪儿 -在我的公♥寓♥里 怎么了
-Where were you at 8:30 this morning? -In my flat. Why?
有人把埃莉诺推下了楼梯
Somebody pushed Eleanor down the stairs.
天呐 你还好吗
Good lord! Are you all right?
有些擦伤
A few bruises, that's all.
谁会这么做
Well, who could do a thing like that?
-等等 -有人能为你提供不在场证明吗
-Now hang on a minute! -Can anyone vouch for your whereabouts?
不需要有人证明 伯迪绝不会做这样种事的
Nobody needs to. Bertie would never do such a thing.
-谢谢 -失陪了
-Thank you. -Excuse me.
伯迪 我想告诉你
Bertie, I'd like you to
今早我和桃乐茜结婚了
know Dorothy and I were married this morning.
好吧 这么快就转移话题了
Well! Talk about quick off the mark.
我想按照程序来 我应该说恭喜你们
I suppose congratulations are in order.
祝你们俩健康快乐
I wish you both health and happiness.
你太贴心了
How very sweet of you.
伯迪 我想你还没见过桃乐茜的伴娘
Bertie, I don't believe you've met Dorothy's bridesmaid,
-帕梅拉 斯多宾 -斯多宾
-Pamela Storbin. -Storbin?
-银行家 -是的
-The bankers? -Yes.
你好
How do you do?
我很好 谢谢 确实很好
I do very well, thank you. Very well indeed.
斯多宾小姐 请您跟我来
If you'd like to follow me, Miss Storbin,
我相信麦克纳马拉夫人会给你安排一个房♥间的
I'm sure Mrs MacNamara will be able to find you a room.
抱歉 一楼的房♥间都住满了 小姐
I'm afraid all the rooms on the first floor are taken, miss.
我想安排你住二楼蓝色的房♥间
I've put you in the blue room on the second floor.
好的 适当的锻炼对我有好处
Fine. The exercise will do me good.
-对不起 我出言不当了 -没关系
-Sorry. Foot in mouth. -Not at all.
你真勇敢 希望我们能成为朋友
How brave you are. I hope we're going to be friends.
-有什么需要就告诉我 -谢谢
-Anything you need, let me know. -Thank you.
你不会要走了吧
You're not leaving?
按照宾先生的意思 我逗留的太久了
According to Mr Bing, I've outstayed my welcome.
-真可惜 -是啊
-What a shame. -Yes.
我很期待在河边闲逛打发时间
I was rather looking forward to messing about on the river.
真是个好主意 我这就下来
What a delicious idea. I'll be right down.
-啊 梅布儿 你看到布雷德利夫人了吗 -没有
-Ah, Mabel. Have you seen Mrs Bradley? -No.
你给她看过我的自荐信了吗 淘气的乔吉
Have you showed her my references yet, Georgie Porgie?
梅布儿 这事该到此为止了
Mabel, this has to stop.
她并不需要仆人 在伦敦没有职位的空缺 我很抱歉
She doesn't need a maid. There is no job in London. I'm sorry.
-但我们怎么办 -我们
-But what about us? -Us?
-你给我送过玫瑰 -那不是我 那是巴克斯特先生
-You gave me a rose. -That wasn't me. That was Mr Baxter.
我不相信
I don't believe you!
你欺骗我的感情 乔治 穆迪 无♥耻♥
You led me on, George Moody. Shame on you.
有什么事要告诉我吗 乔治
Anything I should know about, George?
没有 夫人 是个误会
No, madam. A misunderstanding.
-是个美女 -不是我的菜 夫人
-Pretty girl. -Not my type, madam.
我来是要告诉你我发现了这个
I just came to tell you that I found this.
桃乐茜的项链 在哪儿找到的
Dorothy's necklace. Where was it?
我看到有东西闪闪发光 我绝对没想到那会是钻石
I saw something catch the light. I never dreamt it'd be diamonds.
看那儿
Look there.
这是桃乐茜的手提包上遗留下来的
It's what's left of Dorothy's handbag.
好像我们遇到的是世上最粗心的小偷
We seem to be dealing with the world's most careless thief.
这并没有什么意义
It doesn't make sense.
为什么有人偷走钻石仅仅是为了把它们扔了呢
Why would someone steal diamonds only to throw them away?
除非他们想要的不是钻石 而是这个手提包
Unless they weren't after the diamonds, but the bag itself.
或者里面的什么东西
Or something in it.
我觉得我们最好去桃乐茜的房♥间里看看
I think we'd do well to look in Dorothy's room.
如果我知道我要找的是什么 那也许会有帮助 夫人
It might help if I knew what I was looking for, madam.
当你找到它了你就会知道了
You'll know when you find it.
乔治
George.
出去一下再进来 行吗
Go out and come back in again, will you?
停下
Stop!
昨晚 当伯迪听到开门声 看到有枪指着桃乐茜的时候
Last night, Bertie said he was standing exactly where I am now
他就站在我现在站的地方
when he heard the door open and saw the gun aimed at Dorothy.
他说 我能看到来♥复♥枪♥指进门
He said, "I could see the rifle poking through the door,
但看不到是谁拿着枪
"but not who was holding it."
听起来没什么问题 衣橱会阻挡它的视线
Sounds right. The wardrobe would have blocked his view.
对 但从这个角度
Yes, but from this angle,
镜子会给他创造一个完美的视角
the mirror would have given him a perfect view.
不仅能看到来♥复♥枪♥ 还能看到拿枪指着桃乐茜的人
Not only of the rifle, but of the person aiming it at Dorothy.
但是如果他看到了那是谁 为什么不说出来
But if he saw who it was, why keep it to himself?
特别是在宾先生指控他的时候
Especially when Mr Bing was accusing him.
的确 为什么呢
Why indeed?
梅布儿 当你把废纸篓里的东西清空之后
Mabel, what happens to the contents of the wastepaper baskets
-会发生什么 -你觉得呢
-after you've emptied them? -What do you think?
年轻人 我们不是在"无理先生"的家里
Young lady, we are not at home to Mr Rude.
对不起 夫人 我不知道 你要去问麦克纳马拉夫人
Sorry, ma'am. I don't know. You'd have to ask Mrs MacNamara.
-她很快就回来 -谢谢 继续干活吧
-She won't be long. -Thank you. Carry on.
-这双鞋很时髦 -是埃莉诺小姐的 夫人 从伦敦来的
-These are very stylish. -Miss Eleanor's, ma'am. From London.
-需要我帮忙吗 -噢 我真是个傻瓜
-May I help you? -Oh, silly of me!
我不小心扔了一份很重要的文件
I threw away an important document by mistake.
家用生活垃圾是怎么处理的
What happens to the household refuse?
马童会把它们拿去倒掉
The stable boy takes it to the tip.
他刚刚离开
He's just left.
靠边停下
Pull over!
我有个阿姨也像她一样疯了 他们不得不把她锁起来
I had an auntie who was mad like her. They had to lock her up.
她没有疯 她很特别
She's not mad. She's unique.
麦克纳马拉夫人不是这么说的
That's not what Mrs MacNamara says.
她应该专注于
Well, she should mind her
她自己的事 而你应该注意自己的言行礼仪
own business and you should mind your manners.
当我在面试乔治做司机这个职位的时候
When I interviewed George for the position of chauffeur,
他告诉我他的妻子离开了他 想要去寻找更好的自己
he told me his wife had left him, gone off to better herself.
他们有个女儿 叫塞西利
There was a daughter, Cecily,
还有个哥哥 叫汤姆 但他人在法国
and a brother, Tom, but he was in France.
哦 多好啊 我说 在旅游吗 不 他说
"Oh, how nice," I said. "Touring?" "No," he said.
他埋在那儿 他在索姆河战役时牺牲了
"He's buried there. He died at the Battle of the Somme."
然后我问他他最害怕的是什么
Then I asked him his greatest
他说 过无聊的生活 夫人
fear and he said, "Being bored, madam."
所以 自然而然地 我当场雇佣了他
So, naturally, I engaged him on the spot.
应该就是这个
This might be it.
你不该这么做 你伤了我的心
"You mustn't go through with it. You're breaking my heart.
B
"B."
这个 B 应该是指
That would be "B" for...
伯迪
Bertie!
噢
Oh!
没事吧
All right?
这绝对是伯迪 菲力普森
It's definitely Bertie Philipson.
笔迹和他给芒乔伊的支票上的一模一样
The handwriting matches the cheque he gave Mountjoy.
我不懂这是什么意思
I don't quite see the significance.
如果我看到伯迪把这张字条塞进桃乐茜的手提包
If I saw Bertie slip this note into Dorothy's handbag,
那么有别人偷手提包就合乎情理
it stands to reason somebody else did.
有人偷了这个
And that someone stole the
手提包单单只是为了看里面的这张字条
handbag purely in order to read this note.
你们好 多么美好的一天
Hello there! Lovely day.
真是个讨女人喜欢的男人
Quite the ladies' man.
我想到了油腔滑调这个词
The word "oleaginous" comes to mind.
油腔滑调 油嘴滑舌
Oleaginous? Oily, slippery.
-用方言来讲是这样的 夫人 -乔治 能给我六便士吗
-In the vernacular, madam, yes. -Can I have a sixpence, George?
-船员 我要一次环岛游 -噢
-A trip round the island, boatman. -Oh!
我很愿意这么做 但是斯多宾小姐
Well, I'd love to, but Miss Storbin...
乔治会照顾好斯多宾小姐的
George will take care of Miss Storbin.
-大概一个小时就行了 -我说 我们是不是像被绑♥架♥一样
-About an hour should do. -I say, are we being kidnapped?
不知道你有没有带烟呢
I don't suppose you've got a cigarette?
刚好还有最后一支 小姐
Down to my last one, miss.
好 我就想要一支
Fine. I only want one.