剧集 | 皇家律师(2011) | 导航列表
那...那只是一件个案
That...that was a very particular case.
而那位遵照你们的守则行事
And that officer who had followed your guidelines
并且做出与你刚才相同判断的员工
and reached the same conclusion that you just did then...
他却因玩忽职守而遭到解聘
He was sacked for negligence.
所以手册没起作用
So the guidelines didn't work,
受罚的却是你们的员工
and your employee took the blame.
那次审讯之后
And as a result of that inquest,
你有没有收到命令
weren't you ordered to make improvements
对你们的员工培训程序进行改进
to your employee training procedures?
我们改进了 我们遵守了所有法医要求
Which we did. We complied with all the coroner's rulings.
法医同时要求每车配备三名员工
The coroner also said you should have three officers per van,
对吧
didn't he?
这样就有一个人可以在车内巡查
So that one could travel in the back.
我们正在进行增员
We are in the process of increasing our staffing levels.
好吧
Right.
即便如此 这里
Yet, here
在最近版的员工手册中
in the latest edition of your handbook,
写道
it says...
"一名员工负责看管车内囚犯
"One officer must monitor the prisoners inside the van,
一名员工负责外部的安全
"Whilst one officer secures the exterior,
而另一人负责与紧急服务机构保持联络"
"And another liaises with the emergency services."
因此 这是 一共三个人
So that's, what? Oh, three in total.
我说过 我们打算...
Well, as I say, we are aiming...
但在你招到人前
But in the meantime,
缺一个人 仅靠两个工作人员
how can two officers be expected to follow your protocols
要如何照章行事
when they're a man short?
事实是
The fact is,
如果后车厢能有第三位员工
if there'd been a third officer in the back of that van,
你们该雇的那第三位员工
that third officer that you should have hired...
理查德·道尔可能至今还活着
..Richard Doyle would still be alive today.
让我们脸上难堪
Making us look bad won't
也不能抹杀你当事人的过失疏忽
make your client look any less negligent.
你这也太没有远见了
I have to say that was extremely short-sighted.
很遗憾你这么想
I'm sorry you see it that way.
他依旧是那个忽视犯人垂死呼救的人
He's still the one who heard a dying man's cries and did nothing.
陪审团不会忘记这点的
The jury won't forget that.
-你怎么想 还可以吧 -还行吧
- So what do you think? It went well, right? - Well, to a point.
还有过失疏忽的问题
There's still the issue of negligence.
什么 我都和V&R闹僵了
What? So I've burned my bridges with V&R,
你现在却告诉我还没什么起色
and now you're telling me I'm no better off than I was before?
给我讲讲
Look, talk me through
道尔在车厢里的时候 你听到什么了
what you heard when Doyle was inside the van.
我告诉你了
I told you what I heard.
你想问他是不是喊了
You mean did he shout,
"我胸痛 我觉得我要死了"
"Argh, my chest hurts, I think I'm dying?"
我早十分钟开门又怎么样 五分钟呢
What if I'd opened that door ten minutes earlier? Or even five?
有区别吗
Would it have made a difference?
会有区别吗
Well, would it?
我觉得不太会
I very much doubt it.
但你不能确定 不是吗
But you can't say for sure, can you?
没人能
No-one can.
比利
Billy?
你知道你没得选了吧
You realise this is it now,
先生 你和乔治 你俩可是一辈子了
Sir? You and George. You're in it for life.
你这有点夸张了吧
It's a little melodramatic.
一点都不夸张
Not at all.
因为你要是搞砸了
Because if anything goes wrong,
我们就都没活干了
it's not just you that loses work.
你要是让达根小姐心碎了
You think poor, heartbroken Miss Duggan
她来这里就可能碰上你
is going to instruct anyone else in chambers
她还可能会给我们办公室活干吗
when she might run the risk of bumping into you?
乔治不是这种人 性和工作
George isn't like that. Sex and work.
-她分得开的 -我希望你没看错 先生
- They're two separate things. - Well, I hope you're right, Sir.
你要是再搞砸了 让阿伦知道
Because mess this up and it gets back to Alan,
他可不会再原谅你了
well, you won't be forgiven a second time.
自己好好想想
Something you might want to think about.
-克莱夫 -抱歉 我刚有事耽搁了
- Clive! - Sorry, I got held up.
她都等了20分钟了 明天就要聆讯了
She's been waiting 20 minutes. The hearing's tomorrow.
我这不是来了吗
Well, I'm here now.
太感谢了
Oh, thank you so much.
我渴死了
Completely parched.
我小的时候
You know, when I was quite young...
六七岁的时候
..I was about six or seven...
我被送去上学
..I was sent away to school.
还挺兴奋的
I was really excited,
我觉得会是个很刺♥激♥的历险
I thought it was going to be this great adventure,
但不知为什么 当我到了那里
but for some reason, when I got there,
我突然发现我就是不合群
I discovered that my face just didn't fit.
同年级里有一帮男孩
There was a group of boys in my year, and...
然后
Well...
他们就是不喜欢我 就这么简单
They decided they didn't like me, and that was that.
就是最普通的那些欺负人手段
It was your basic nasty bullying.
挺残酷 有时还
It was cruel, and sometimes it was...
还挺暴♥力♥的
It was actually quite violent.
我恨他们 但我更恨他们对我的影响
But while I hated them and I hated what they were doing to me...
我会有负罪感
..A part of me felt guilty.
感觉好像他们能看到我的一些本质
It was as if they could see something in me that...
就该被惩罚一样
deserved to be punished.
最糟的是
And the worst part was that
最后我还觉得 也许他们是对的
I ended up feeling like they might be right.
才六岁
Six years old.
我都从没想到过要寻找帮助
Those boys made me feel so ashamed,
因为他们让我觉得 我太丢脸了
that it never even occurred to me to ask for help.
即使不是你的错
Because you can still feel guilt,
你也可能会自责
terrible, overwhelming guilt,
甚至极度自责 压得你喘不过气来
even when something isn't your fault.
但这不意味着 你该为此付出代价
But it doesn't mean you deserve to be punished.
玛莎
Hey, Marth.
我听你的建议了
Took your advice.
什么建议
What advice?
那个什么"将心比心"之类的
About the whole "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" thing.
不错啊
Nice.
是啊 挺有用的
Yeah, it worked.
那就好
Good.
这也太累了
It was completely knackering.
-你每次都那样吗 -差不多吧
- Do you do that every time? - Pretty much.
真不知道你怎么做到的
I don't know how you manage it.
想不想出去喝一杯
Listen, do you want to go for a drink?
不行 我还有当事人
Can't. I've got a con.
说起来 我还以为你晚上有安排了
Anyway, I thought you'd have plans?
今晚没有
No. Not tonight.
为什么 她终于看穿你了
Oh, why? Has she finally seen through you?
不是
No.
我在想 咱俩能聊聊...
Listen, I was wondering if we could talk...
旧街酒吧 听说过吗
The Old Street Lounge and Bar, know it?
没 没听说过
No. Can't say I do.
好 你俩周五8点半能到那里吗
Good. Can you both be there at 8:30 on Friday?
当然
Sure.
棒极了
Excellent.
还挺神秘
That's very cryptic.
对了 听着
Anyway, listen...
抱歉
Sorry, sorry...
抱歉 利亚姆 你好
Sorry. Liam. Hiya.
好 好 谢谢你帮忙
Yeah. Yeah, thanks for doing this.
你还能过来吗 太好了
You can still come here? Great. Yeah.
我去翻瓶办公室的酒出来
I'll scrounge together some chambers booze.
让你赶上了
You'll be lucky!
我们又不是小孩子
We're not 18 any more, you know.
好 到时见了
Yeah. See you then.
奈曼教授 我听说过
'Prof Nyman, I've heard of,'
剧集 | 皇家律师(2011) | 导航列表