剧集 | 皇家律师(2011) | 导航列表
他却从未向他的医生提起过心悸
He never told his doctor about these so-called palpitations?
据我所知没有
Well, not so far as I'm aware.
但他的确向负责押解的警官提过
But he did mention them to the Prisoner Custody Officer.
即便如此 沃德先生怎么能知道
But, even so, I mean, how could Mr Ward have known
死者当时的症状可能最终致其死亡呢
that these were the signs of a potentially fatal condition?
若死者发病时 他立即去查看
If he'd responded to the attack,
就不难看出死者症状的致命性
it would have quickly become apparent.
身患心律不齐而不自知是非常危险的
Isn't an undiagnosed arrhythmia dangerous
因为这种病随时可能致人死地 对吧
because it could kill you at any time?
没错
That's correct.
那么如果这真是死者的死因
So, if that's what killed him,
理查德·道尔也很有可能在睡梦中
Richard Doyle could just as easily have died at home in his bed,
或在电视机前殒命
or watching the TV?
从理论上讲 是可能的
In theory, it's possible.
也就是说 并不能
So you can't actually link
将死者被关在车厢里时承受的心理压力
the stress of being left in the back of the van
当作其心律不齐发作的直接诱因
with this alleged arrhythmic attack?
恰恰相反
On the contrary.
只有当死者身处令他感到焦虑的环境时
The deceased had only complained of experiencing symptoms
他才会出现心律不齐的症状
in situations he considered stressful.
因此 认为这只是个巧合
To suggest that it was a coincidence
认为死者被锁在那个棺材般大小的隔间里
that he was locked in a cubicle the size of a coffin
与其死于心脏病发作无关
when he had a fatal attack
简直荒谬至极
is, frankly, preposterous.
好的
Ok.
就算当时他真是心脏病发作了
So even if he did have an attack,
就算他的心脏病真是由过度焦虑引发的
and it was brought on by stress,
那么你能否断定
can you categorically say that
若提前20分钟叫来救护车
calling the ambulance 20 minutes earlier
就能够挽救他的生命
would have saved his life?
我不敢保证
No, I can't.
但我敢断言 在他死后再叫救护车
But I can say that calling it after he'd died
绝对是为时过晚
was definitely too late.
我当时正准备过马路
I was about to cross at the lights,
只见那两个家伙从天窗里蹿了出来
when these two blokes just popped up through the skylights,
向立交桥方向逃窜
and legged it towards the flyover.
我当时惊呆了
I mean, I couldn't believe it.
负责押解犯人的警官作何反应呢
And how did the officers in the van respond?
我看见他们傻愣愣地坐在车里
Well, they were just sat there like sacks of potatoes,
就叫道 "犯人逃跑啦"
and so I shouted, you know, "They're getting away,"
他们这才身手矫健地从车上跳下来
and then they jumped out pretty smartish.
之后又发生了什么
What happened next?
我听到囚车的车厢里传来敲击声
Well, there was this banging coming from the back of the van,
有个男人在叫嚷
and I heard a man's voice saying,
"放我出去 放我出去 救救我"
"Let me out, let me out, help me."
那么被告迈克尔·沃德作何反应呢
And how did the defendant, Michael Ward, respond?
他站在原地动都不动
He just stood there.
这种状况持续了多久
And how long did this go on for?
至少有五分钟
Well, at least five minutes.
然后突然间 敲击声和叫喊声消失了
And then, suddenly, it was quiet.
我意识到
And then I knew.
意识到事有蹊跷
I knew something wasn't right.
法官大人...
Your Honour...
请着重于陈述案情 劳埃德夫人
Just keep to the facts, please, Mrs Lloyd.
你当时是站在人行道上吗
Were you standing on the pavement?
是的
That's right.
你一直没有离开人行道吗
And did you stay on the pavement?
没错
Well, yeah.
我总不至于站到
I mean, I'm not going to stand
车来车往的马路中间去吧
in the middle of a busy road, am I?
也就是说 你距离囚车有...
So you were say, what, erm...
大概10英尺远
ten feet away?
差不多
About that.
是这样 劳埃德夫人
See, Mrs Lloyd,
囚车的车身装有双层金属板
these vans have double-thickness panels in the walls.
车体的隔音效果如此之好
In fact, they're so soundproof that,
使得沃德和他的同事 如你所言
well, as you told us, Mr Ward and his colleague
根本就没听见之前犯人跳车逃走
initially didn't hear the prisoners escaping.
那么我们凭什么相信你
So how do you expect us to believe
能够在那么远的距离外
that you could hear exactly
听清道尔说的字字句句呢
what Doyle was saying from that distance?
我听到了什么 我心里有数
I know what I heard.
我听到了那个男孩的垂死挣扎
I heard that boy dying.
劳埃德夫人
Mrs Lloyd,
以我的经验 站在10英尺开外
I suggest, from that distance of ten feet,
加之风声雨声和交通噪声的影响
given the weather and the traffic,
你绝对不可能听到
it would have been impossible to hear
囚车里的人在说些什么
what someone was saying inside that van,
就算里面的人叫嚷声再大
no matter how loud they shouted.
也许我的听觉比一般人更加敏锐
Well, maybe I've got better hearing than most.
她撒谎了 而你却没有拆穿她
She's lying. And you just let her.
我知道她在撒谎
I know she is.
我已经尽力了
I pushed as hard as I could,
没有足够的证据 我不能指控证人作伪证
but I can't accuse a witness of perjury unless I can prove it.
陪审团相信了她的鬼话
They believed every word.
最具说服力的证人
The most convincing witnesses
总是坚信自己说的是对的
are the ones who believe they're right.
至于是不是真的 倒不重要
Now, whether they are or not, that's not the point.
让我上证人席 把真♥相♥告诉他们
Then put me up there, and I'll tell 'em.
他从未喊过救命
He never called for help.
他对我好一通东拉西扯
He called me a this, that and the other,
让我打开门 但从未喊过救命
and told me to open the doors, but he never called for help.
而且他的叫喊声也不是"突然消失了"
And he didn't "Just suddenly go quiet".
我还敲了敲车身 让他安静点
I banged on the side and told him to pipe down.
问题在于 你们只是各执一词罢了
The trouble is, we only have your word against hers.
你觉得如果我知道那孩子快不行了
Do you think I'd have left that lad in there
还会锁着门不放他出来吗
if I thought he was in trouble?
我没有这个意思
That's not what I'm saying.
无论违不违反规定
Because rules or no rules,
我定会立刻把他放出来 去他的守则
I'd have had him straight out and sod the guidelines.
反正我之前也这么干过
Wouldn't be the first time.
你曾经违反过守则吗
You've ignored the guidelines in the past?
我可没这么说
I didn't say that.
别想诬赖我
Don't you start putting words in my mouth.
我知道那是你们律师的拿手好戏
I know how you lot work.
沃德先生 我并不是想给你设圈套
Mr Ward. I am not trying to trip you up.
但陪审团现在觉得你
But they're making out
会为了遵守守则 不惜一切代价
that you followed the rulebooks regardless of the consequences.
我在拘留所干了20年
Yeah, cos I'd have lasted 20 years in a custody suite
那我必然是个墨守陈规的人
if that's how I did things.
事实呢
What about now?
重要的是 只要我照章办事
What matters is the company's standing by me
公♥司♥就会支持我
because I stuck to their rules.
而在这起案件中 我正是照章办事
Which, in this case, is exactly what I did.
如果V&R公♥司♥处事不当
But if there's a problem with the way V&R do things,
请你一定要告诉我
then I need to know.
我可没说过公♥司♥有任何不妥
I never said there was a problem.
沃德先生
Mr Ward,
若你不把真♥相♥和盘托出 我就无法履行职责
I can't do my job if I don't have the full picture.
你的职责就是做我的代理律师
Your job is to represent me.
我已经把我的要求告诉你了
And I've told you what I want.
法提玛
Fatima...
是真的
It's true.
是我害死了他
He's dead because of me.
我能理解 你觉得自己
I understand you feel responsible
应该为哥哥的死负责
for what happened to your brother.
但这并不意味着你犯了谋杀罪
But that doesn't make you guilty of murder.
如果你现在就认罪
If you plead guilty at this stage,
一切就都完了
that'll be it.
我们就失去了听你解释的机会
We won't even have a chance to give your side of the story.
剧集 | 皇家律师(2011) | 导航列表