So, will you tell me what has happened?
你愿意告诉我是怎么回事吗
I can't. You'll think I'm very stupid.
我不能说 你会认为我很蠢的
I won't. You're anything but stupid, Mary.
不会的 你才不蠢 玛丽
I came to Launceston with a man.
我跟一个男人一起来的朗赛斯顿
But he left me in the bedroom at the inn.
但他却留我一个人在客栈卧房♥
He made sure I'd have him, and then he left.
他让我渴望他 却就这么离开了
So who is he, this man?
那个男人是谁
Jem Merlyn, I suppose?
是詹姆·莫林吧
And I care for him...
我很在乎他
but I wish I could tear out how I feel
但我希望可以扯开我的感受
and trample it in with the dirt.
丢进泥里再踩上几脚
You're all at sea.
你迷失了
Love's the curse of too many women.
太多女人都遭遇了爱的诅咒
To fear nothing, and desire nothing,
无所畏惧 无欲无求
that's what it is to be free, Mary.
那才是自♥由♥的感觉 玛丽
Was there never anyone you cared for?
你就没有在乎的人吗
Were you never married?
你从没结过婚吗
It wasn't God's path for me.
那不是上帝为我安排的路
There's Mr Davey.
德维先生来了
We'll drop you back.
我们送你回家吧
Mr Davey, see if there's a blanket.
德维先生 看看车上有没有毛毯
I suppose you're disappointed in me.
你一定对我很失望吧
I'm disappointed in myself.
我就对自己很失望
Tonight, I see a different Mary Yellan.
今晚 我看到了一个不同以往的玛丽·叶伦
Here. Get out of these wet clothes now.
来吧 把湿衣服脱了
Thank you.
谢谢
To flout what is expected of us...
嘲笑世人对我们的期望
and cast aside the customs of the age requires great strength.
唾弃现在的风俗 需要巨大的勇气
And yet I have shown the weakness of a woman.
但我还是表现出了女人的弱点
You followed your desires and they were thwarted.
你从心出发 却受到打击
Would you feel differently if the man in question had remained...
如果这个男人完成了整个过程
to complete the act?
你会觉得有所不同吗
I suppose I should be grateful that he left.
看来我该感激他弃我而去了
I hate myself for how I feel about him.
我厌恶自己对他的感情
I don't want to be like those other girls.
我不想成为其他那些姑娘
You feel yourself as different?!
你认为自己与众不同
You leave her be.
别说了
She isn't different.
她也只是平凡人
How old are you, Mary Yellan?
你多大了 玛丽·叶伦
You're nothing but a chicken
你不过是刚孵化的小鸡
with the broken shell still around you.
还没离开破碎的蛋壳
You'll come through your little crisis.
你会熬过这点小危机的
You have no need to shed
你没必要为了一个
tears over a man encountered once or twice.
才遇见一两次的男人流泪
You will forget him very soon...
你很快就会忘记他
and you will learn the things that really matter.
然后学到真正重要的东西
Have you gone over it with the rest of them?
你跟其他人说过了吗
Yes. And they understand?
说过了 他们都理解吗
Course they do. And they'll be there?
当然 他们都会去吗
They will. Joss?
是的 乔斯
Put the maps away.
把地图收起来
Don't do it.
别去做
What is it you want me to do, uh?!
你想让我做什么
Want me to say no,
让我拒绝
when he's already threatened us? Is that it?
可他已经在威胁我们了 你是想这样吗
No...
不
Maybe you could say you missed the ship?
或许你可以说你错过了那艘船
Couldn't you say that, Jossey?
你就不能这么说吗 乔斯
You could say that!
你可以这么说啊
Old man...
老头
time to go.
该走了
Mr Davey...
德维先生
I found out that my uncle is a wrecker.
我发现我姨父故意让船失事
He lures in ships with false lights
他用假光引船靠岸
and murders all the crew.
然后杀光所有船员
He was drunk last night. He told me everything.
他昨晚喝醉了 对我全盘托出
So the landlord talks when he is drunk, does he?
客栈老板酒后吐真言啊
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Have you told anyone?
你告诉别人了吗
Jem Merlyn knows.
詹姆·莫林知道
I believe my uncle is planning to wreck another ship soon.
我姨父好像近期准备再害一艘船失事
So will you bring the Magistrate?
你能通知治安法官吗
I've spent this very evening
我今晚就是跟
with the Magistrate and customs officers.
治安法官和海关官员在一起的
They have confirmed the King is sending down a coastguard.
他们证实国王要派一队海岸警卫队来
There will be watchers on the cliffs
悬崖上会有哨兵
in a chain that will be very hard to break.
要通过他们非常难
Wrecking must cease.
让船失事必须停止了
Smugglers must leave or perish.
走私贩必须离开或受死
So, my uncle will be caught?
那我姨父会被捕了
If there is evidence.
前提是有证据
I love these moors.
我爱这些荒原
They're like survivors of another time.
他们就如另一个时代的幸存者
Climb Roughtor before sunrise...
在日出之前爬上石山
and listen to the wind crying through the stones.
听着石缝中风的呼啸
Then you will feel God.
然后就能感受到上帝
Would you drop me at the turning before the inn?
你能在客栈前面的转角处把我放下来吗
I'd like to get back without my uncle seeing me.
我不想让姨父看到我回去
Of course.
好的
Sir?
先生
Where the bloody hell have you been?
你♥他♥妈♥上哪去了
It's not your business where I've been.
我去哪儿跟你无关
Maybe she's been talking?
也许她去告密了
I have, and I've told them everything about you.
没错 你的事我都跟他们说了
You think you know it all, don't you?
你自以为了解一切 是吧
You don't know nothing.
你根本一无所知
You want to dress like a man, hmm?
你想穿成男人的样子
Then come and do some man's work.
那就来做点男人的活儿
We have to leave, then?
我们是不是得离开了
Move on somewhere else?
去其它地方
Perhaps it's for the best.
也许这样最好
I have business to attend to first.
我还有事要处理
Then we must silence those who will be a threat to us.
然后我们必须让对我们有威胁的人永远沉默
You have a choice to make.
你必须做出选择
Turn King's evidence against your brother.
指证你哥哥
Or pay the price for both of you - and hang alone.
或是承担你们两人的罪责 独自受绞刑
You are mad.
你疯了
I will show you who's mad, girl.
我就让你看看到底谁疯了 姑娘
I wish I could have spared you this.
真希望我没把你牵涉进来
What are you doing, Joss?
你在干什么 乔斯
Your brother thinks he's coming here to kill him.
你哥哥认为他要来杀他了
Whatever my uncle may have been to you, he is inhuman now.
不管姨父过去对你如何 他现在已经毫无人性了
He is MY husband.
他是我丈夫
And you won't talk of him like that.
不许你这样说他
Joss?
乔斯
There's no longer any need for pretence between us, Mary.
我们之间就不用假装了 玛丽
We can be frank now.
我们有话直说吧
That's right,
对了
you'll sleep now.
好好睡吧