in trusting me because I wear the cloth.
你就如此信任我 是错误的
And so you've learned that truth cannot be found in trappings
你现在学到的就是 真♥相♥并不藏于服饰之中
but only from within.
而是藏于衣服下的躯体
You will forget these moors,
你会忘记这茫茫的荒原
and Jamaica Inn,
牙买♥♥加客栈
and your tears for Jem Merlyn.
以及你为詹姆·莫林所流过的泪
If only you will trust... in here.
只要你能信任 内心
Your brother used to twist his hat in hand to us,
你哥哥从前喜欢把帽子在手上拧来拧去
like he was a boy.
就像是个小孩一样
The terror of the countryside,
乡下的恶势力
but to us he was a snivelling child.
但对我们而言 他只是个流鼻涕的小毛孩
You shut up!
你给我闭嘴
It was his vanity that kept us safe.
是他的虚荣心让我们得以安全过活
The more notorious we made him, the better pleased he was.
我们把他传得越臭名昭著 他就越开心
You didn't know him. You made him suffer.
你根本不了解他 你让他受尽苦难
You'll beg even more than he did at the end.
你到时候会比他求饶得更凄惨
And that stupid girl can watch you die,
那个蠢姑娘可以眼睁睁看着你死去
if she isn't already in a dozen pieces.
前提是她还没被碎尸万段
Davey,
德维
where are you?
你在哪儿
Davey?
德维
Jem?
詹姆
You should've killed her.
你该把她杀了才对的
Mary? Are you hurt?
玛丽 你受伤了吗
No. I'm not hurt.
没有 我没受伤
Davey, I know you killed my brother.
德维 我知道你杀了我哥哥
So now I've got your sister.
所以我抓了你妹妹
He won't shoot me. He hasn't got the courage.
他不会对我开枪的 他没那个胆子
He'll kill you.
他会杀了你的
Davey, I'll make a deal with you.
德维 我跟你做笔交易
You send Mary out and I'll let your sister go.
你把玛丽放过来 我就放了你妹妹
The both of you can leave unharmed.
你们两个都可以安然无恙地离开
Jem, he's got a gun.
詹姆 他有枪
Davey?
德维
I'm going to let your sister go.
我会放了你妹妹
But first you send Mary out.
但首先你得让玛丽过来
Davey? Do you hear me?
德维 你听见了吗
You don't think you can beat him, do you?
你也觉得你打不过他 是吧
You're vain, just like your brother was.
你很没用 就跟你哥哥一样
Davey?
德维
I'm letting Hannah go.
我要放了汉娜了
Will you send Mary out?
你愿意放了玛丽吗
My sister is dead.
我妹妹死了
Davey! Mary is an innocent in this.
德维 玛丽在这事上是无辜的
I'll take her place, but you let her go.
我愿意替她受死 但你必须放了她
Davey?
德维
Kill me instead. Please.
杀了我吧 求你了
Would you have me accept his offer?
你想让我接受他的提议吗
You know you can't escape from here.
你知道你是无法逃脱的
They will catch you, and you'll be brought to justice.
他们会抓住你 你将受到法律的审判
You're not...special.
你不是什么 特殊的人物
You're just a man.
你只是个普通人
I shan't escape.
我必不逃脱
But one of us must die here first.
但我们当中 肯定有个人要先死
Who do you choose?
你选谁死呢
Yourself?
是选你自身
Jem Merlyn?
詹姆·莫林
Or me?
还是我
What do you mean?
你什么意思
There is no law here with us today.
今天在这里 法律是不存在的
There is just you, and I, and him.
只有你 我和他
Will you leave it up to fate?
你会把一切交给命运来抉择吗
Or will you choose who lives or dies?
还是由你来选择谁生谁死
If I am just a man,
如果我只是个普通人
it is you who must be God.
那就得由你来扮演上帝了
Who do you choose?
你选谁呢
You.
你
You must die.
你必须死
See, Mary?
瞧吧 玛丽
I was right about you.
我对你的判断很准吧
Mary?
玛丽
There's someone here to see you.
有人来看你了
Ned.
奈德
Hello, Mary.
你好 玛丽
His brother isn't here, I see.
我看 他哥哥的遗体不在这里啊
The man is godless - can you be surprised?
他是个不信神的人 也不足为奇吧
Your farm's been taken over by new folks.
你家的农场被别人接管了
But my mother says that you're to come and stop with us.
但我母亲说 你可以来和我们一起住
How much land does your family have?
你家有多少土地
200 acres.
200英亩
We've orchards, too.
我们家还有果园
Go and see him off, dear.
把他送走吧 亲爱的
I'll talk to him.
我想跟他谈谈
You didn't come to the funeral.
你没去参加葬礼
I said goodbye in my own way.
我用我的方式道别了
I came to see you.
我是来看你的
The Bassatts wouldn't let me up.
巴塞特家的人依然不肯轻饶我
There's a rumour you're to move in with them,
有传言说你要搬到他们家
play nanny to their children. I'm going home, Jem.
给他们的孩子做保姆 我要回家了 詹姆
I want to be back in my own fields.
我想回到我自己的田地里
Well, go on, then.
那你去吧
You'll get there by tomorrow if you hurry.
如果你快点赶路的话 明天就能到
You're harsh today.
你今天很严苛
I'm harsh to all my horses, too.
我对我所有的马也都很严苛
It don't mean I love them any less.
但那并不代表我不够爱它们
What will you do?
你接下来会做什么
Roam God's country, same as always.
一如既往 在上帝的土地上流浪
If you were a man,
如果你是个男人
I'd ask you to come with me.
我会请你与我同行
We could travel the road together.
我们可以一起浪迹天涯
And if you were a woman, I'd have you run the farm with me.
如果你是个女人 我会让你跟我一起管理农场
You'd be grateful for the peace.
你会很享受那种安宁的
God damn it, Mary, that's no life for you!
该死的 玛丽 那才不是适合你的生活
Trapped in some village
困在一个小乡村
and if you put a foot wrong there's hell to pay!
如果你走错一步 就得付出很大的代价
I can't survive you, Jem.
我无法救赎你 詹姆
We speak a different language, you and I.
你和我 我们完全处于不同的世界中
He'd be in jail now if it weren't for me,
如果不是我 他现在一定在坐牢
but do I get one word of thanks?
但我得到他一个字的感谢了吗
But...does she care for him?
但是 她在乎他吗
Of course she doesn't.
她当然不在乎了
The man's a filthy gypsy.
那男人就是个下流的吉普赛人
There has never been a Merlyn come to any good.
莫林家的人从来都是不走正道的
Mary's had a terrible ordeal,
玛丽此前遭受了巨大的折磨
she is not herself.
她现在状态不太对劲
Once you're married, she will settle down, you'll see.
一旦你们结婚了 她的心就会定下来的
I'm sure I've got some ribbons you can take to dress her bonnet.
我这儿有些丝带 你可以拿去给她的帽子做装饰
There you are.
你在这儿啊
Where are we headed?
我们要去哪儿
So do I have your heart, Mary Yellan?
我赢得你的芳心了吗 玛丽·叶伦
I think you do, Jem Merlyn.
我想是的 詹姆·莫林
I know you do.
我知我心已属于你