Don't you like excitement?
你不喜欢那种刺♥激♥感吗
Come.
去吧
Come to market.
跟我一起去集市吧
"Come to market"?
"跟我一起去集市吧"
With a man who's mired in... What?
和一个深陷... 什么
What am I mired in, Mary?
我深陷什么了 玛丽
Come on. I'll take you back.
走吧 我送你回去
I'll come by here at ten on Christmas Eve.
我平安夜那天10点到这里来接你
Meet me by the road.
到路边去跟我会合
I won't be there.
我不会去的
He was up half the night drinking.
他大半夜起来喝酒
He couldn't sleep.
他睡不着
Come on. We can get things done.
来吧 我们可以把事情都做掉的
Is my uncle planning something?
姨父在策划着什么事吗
I was worried where you'd got to last night.
我之前还很担心你昨晚去哪儿了
I was lost on the moors and...
我在荒原上迷路了 后来
Jem Merlyn brought me home.
詹姆·莫林送我回家了
Jem Merlyn, eh?
詹姆·莫林是吧
I was lost and he was kind enough to...
我当时迷路了 他很好心...
Why do you dislike him so much, Aunt Patience?
你为什么那么不喜欢他 帕希丝阿姨
Never said I did.
我没说过不喜欢他啊
You're scared of him, then.
那你一定是很怕他了
Well, if that's what lights your candle.
如果那能让你不再疑惑 那就是吧
He has bad dreams.
他又做噩梦了
No!!!
不
When you've done in here, fetch some water for the trough.
你做完手头的活儿 去给水槽里加些水
This here is Mr Davey.
这位是德维先生
Vicar of Altarnun church.
阿尔特朗教堂的牧师
That's my niece, Mary.
这位是我的外甥女 玛丽
I believe you came to my sermon last week, Mary?
你上周是去听我的布道了吧 玛丽
Yes, sir. I did.
是的 先生 我是去了
I was nearby on the road,
我正好路过附近
and I heard an awful screaming.
然后听到可怕的嘶吼声
I've told Mr Davey we're all right.
我跟德维先生说过了这边一切都好
We don't need nothing.
不需要什么帮助
And you, Mary?
你呢 玛丽
Do you need anything?
你需要什么帮助吗
No.
不需要
Thank you, sir.
谢谢你 先生
I'll be on my way, then.
那我这就走
Who's there?
是谁
Put that knife down!
把刀放下
Uncle Joss?
乔斯姨父
Where've they all gone?
他们都去哪儿了
There's no-one here.
没有其他人在
Just me.
只有我
Dreams.
梦
Dreams, Mary.
梦 玛丽
Brandy.
白兰地
Bring it here.
给我拿过来
You sit with me.
你陪我坐一会儿
They pay gold for this up country.
内地的人拿黄金买♥♥这酒
And what do I pay?
我付出的又是什么呢
Not a sixpence.
6便士都不需要
It's a man's game though, Mary.
不过 这是男人的游戏 玛丽
I've...
我...
..killed men with these hands.
用这双手杀过人
Trampled them under the water.
把他们压在水中
Bashed their heads in with rocks.
把他们的头往礁石上撞
But when I drink, I see their faces staring at me.
但当我喝酒时 我会看到他们的面孔瞪着我
Their eyes...
他们的眼睛
Eaten by the fish.
被鱼吞食了
And their flesh...
他们的肉
Hanging off in ribbons.
成条带状在水中漂着
I don't understand you.
我不明白你在说什么
There's a fog on the water.
水上起了雾
Just outside the bay, there's a ship.
就在海湾外 有一艘船
She sees one big light up ahead, swinging side to side.
那船看到前方有巨大的亮光 左右摇摆
And she thinks there's another ship tween her and the shore,
它以为那是夹在它和海岸间的另外一艘船
with miles of sea to go.
距离几英里
But there is no other ship,
但另外那艘船根本不存在
just our false light.
那是我们伪造的信♥号♥♥灯
So in she comes.
所以它就驶过来了
Straight to us.
径直驶向我们
We hear the scraping as she hits the rocks below...
我们听到船底撞上下面礁石的声音
And then there's the screaming as the ship breaks up.
然后船开始解体 船上的人疯狂喊叫
And they're struggling for shore,
他们都挣扎着往岸上游
'cept it would be better that they swam the other way.
但其实如果他们往反方向游才会比较好
Cos there we are,
因为我们就等在岸边
waiting with our clubs in hand,
手上拿着木棍
ready to break their bones and drown them till they're dead.
准备好打碎他们的骨头 将他们溺毙
You wreck ships on purpose?
你故意让船出事吗
Murder all the sailors.
杀掉所有的水手
Women...
女人
..Children too, if there be any.
如果有孩子 也统统杀掉
Monster, am I?
我是个恶魔 对吧
You judge me!
你批判我这个人
Oh, you don't know the half of it, girl!
你其实根本什么都不懂 小姑娘
You think you're better than me.
你自以为你是个比我优越的人
Think you're too good for me. Is that it?
你觉得你太好了 我不配与你为伍 是吧
I am too good.
我确实太好了
And if your conscience didn't torment you,
如果你的良知不曾折磨你的内心
you wouldn't have such nightmares.
你就不会做这些噩梦了
And you'll hang for this.
你会因这些恶行被绞死的
Like your father did?
就像你父亲那样是吧
My father was a good man.
我父亲是个好人
And it was smugglers who killed him!
是那些走私贩杀了他
No.
不
Your father was a smuggler himself.
你父亲自己就是个走私贩
The law hanged him, Mary.
他是依法被判绞刑的 玛丽
That isn't true!
才不是那样
Tell her, Patience.
告诉她 帕希丝
Tell her what her precious father really was.
告诉她她父亲生前是个什么样的人
You judge me, girl.
你竟有脸评判我 小姑娘
You're the same as me.
你也跟我一样
You came, then!
你终究还是来了啊
And a happy Christmas to you, Mary Yellan.
祝你圣诞快乐 玛丽·叶伦
That's not the greeting I was hoping for.
我期待的打招呼方式可不是这样的
So what's the matter with you, then?
你是怎么了
I know.
我知道了
You've been thinking of me so hard you couldn't sleep?
你一定是对我日思夜想 难以成眠
Yes, I thought of you once.
是的 我是想到过你一次
I wondered who would hang first, you or your brother.
我在想谁会先被绞死 是你还是你哥
He drank himself into a stupor.
他喝得烂醉
He told me that he wrecks ships and murders people.
他跟我说他把船只弄沉 然后杀人
So what will you do? Will you tell the law?
你会怎么做 告诉执法部门吗
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定好
Anyway, you're in it with him.
反正你也跟他一起参与了
I haven't noticed you deny it yet.
我怎么没听到你否认啊
If that's what you think, why are you here?
如果你是那么想的 那你还来干什么
For the sake of your bright eyes, Jem Merlyn.
为了你明亮的眼睛 詹姆·莫林
And perhaps because I am no better.
或许是因为我也好不到哪儿去
My father wasn't good and decent,
我父亲生前并不是个高尚的好人
he was a violent man who hanged for it.
他是个残暴的人 并因此而被绞死
Your brother told me that.
都是你哥哥告诉我这些的
So that's what's put you in this stink, is it?
所以你才变得如此郁郁寡欢 是吧
I feel that everything's a lie.
我感觉一切都是谎言
Your brother's stole
你哥哥毁掉了
everything I thought I knew about myself.
我曾以为我所知的关于自身的一切
Well, that's all right. Be someone else, then.
那也没关系 就自此成为一个新的人吧