剧集 | 约翰·威尔逊的十万个怎么做(2020) | 导航列表
grotesque content on the planet.
要想解决一些你不喜欢的事物其实很简单
It's really easy to settle for something that you don't like.
因为…
Because
如果你绝不承认
if you never admit you're
你对什么东西有不满
unhappy with something…
那…
then
你就不需要做出什么改变
you never have to change anything.
我们多数都不会…
Most of us don't speak up
在产生不满时声张
when we're dissatisfied…
然后问题就会…
and then things just
越来越多
begin to accumulate
最后 你也没法…
until you can't really
想到会有什么改观
imagine an alternative.
你可以结束一段让你一无所获的关系
You could end a relationship that offers you nothing,
或者你干脆就赖在其中
or you could just stay in it
再不出来
indefinitely
因为这…
because it's
实在太难过 翻不了片了
too hard to move on.
这一处脚手架已经
This scaffolding has
在这里留了20年了
been up for over 20 years.
位于埃奇库姆大街409号♥
It's at 409 Edgecombe Avenue
哈林区的糖山一带
in the Sugar Hill area of Harlem.
没错 我看着这玩意长大的
Yeah, it's been here my entire life.
真不知道…
I don't know
是什么时候建起来的 打算什么是拆掉 这个…
when it was put up, when they plan on bringing it down. It's…
这东西一直都在这里
It's just something that's been here.
比如我记得我们以前在这里玩闹
Like, I-- I know we used it for, like, sports and games.
记得会玩警♥察♥抓坏蛋的游戏
I know I used to play, like, manhunt,
回爬上去 跑来跑去
and we used to climb up this and just run it.
能懂吧 对我来说…
You know, to me, I--
我从小就知道这东西
I've known it my whole life,
它对我而言就是地标
so, to me, it is a landmark.
可是…
But,
不管各位对它们产生了怎样的情感依赖
despite whatever emotional attachment you have…
脚手架的设计初衷绝不是为了能停留这么久的
scaffolding was never designed to be up for this long.
我最近在第五大道遛弯
I was walking down Fifth Avenue recently,
我发现有一篇脚手架已经…
and I saw that a bunch of scaffolding had just
塌了
collapsed.
破损的木板和砖块掉了一地
There were broken planks and bricks everywhere,
好在没人受伤
but thankfully, nobody was hurt.
似乎这些老旧的脚手架就像…
It seemed like all this old scaffolding was a
倒计时的定时炸♥弹♥
ticking time bomb.
可人们并没有
But instead of
去考虑怎么能让脚手架尽快拆除
figuring out a way to get it down sooner,
唯一引人注目的进步…
the only noticeable innovation has
是让架子…
been to make it more
更漂亮
stylish.
2009年 业内…
In 2009, they
搞了一次脚手架设计大赛
held a scaffolding design competition,
而 这个…
and this
玩意… 胜出了
thing won.
不久之后
Not long after,
这些奶油色…
its creamy,
珍珠白色的立柱
pearly-white pillars
开始慢慢出现在了本市一些更…
started to pop up on some of the city's more
上流的建筑周围
genteel buildings.
尽管这种感觉透光更好
Although it may be brighter and
不再那么像个洞穴了
less cave-like,
这种新型的脚手架好像没有那么…
this new scaffold seems a lot less
容易个性改装
customizable.
能挂东西的地方少了
There are fewer places to hang things.
我也很难想象
And I can't imagine an
这里能像从前那样拍动作片
action scene working the same way.
搞得好像这玩意希望…
It's almost as if it wants
纽约能变成一个不一样的都市
New York to be a different city,
结果看起来
where it looks like
似乎每栋建筑
every building
都是在同一家买♥♥的建材
shops at the same store.
我也不是很确定
And I'm not sure that
把脚手架变成一种地位的象征
turning scaffolding into a status symbol is
真的能给我们带来更安全的环境么
really making us any safer.
好在
Fortunately,
有个脚手架行会
there was a scaffolding convention
正在新奥尔良进行
happening down in New Orleans.
因此我便动身
So I went down there to
去看看在近未来有没有
see if there was a solution on the horizon that
能够让所有人满意的解决方法
could work for everyone.
我在那家喜来登刚刚检完票
When I checked into the Sheraton,
就看到了脚手架产业对这里的入侵
I could already see signs that the scaffolding industry had invaded.
这里本该是脚手架技术的最前沿
This was supposed to be the cutting edge of scaffold technology,
我非常…
and I was,
我非常期待
I was very excited.
这是你发明的吗? -对
Did you invent this? -Yeah.
为什么发明的?
Why did you invent this?
因为我有个外窗清洁工坠楼身亡了
Because I had a window cleaner fall off a building and die.
我们可以做成4米长
And we can make it 13 feet long.
这一款是2.5米的
It's an eight-footer now,
但我们有小的附刷
but we-- That's a small side brush,
可以两边都加上附刷 就能清理…
so we can add two side brushesand it'll clean…
大概有两倍的清洁量
It'll clean almost twice as much.
我只跟极个别人进行了交流
I only talked to a couple of people
很快大会的组织方就来找我了
before the organizers of the convention approached me
说我必须停止拍摄
and told me that I needed to stop filming.
为什么?
Why is that?
因为涉及到专利信息
他说这里有太多行业机密了
They said that there were too many industry secrets here,
很难相信我不是来偷♥情♥报的
and I couldn't be trusted not to steal them.
所以我不能逛了么?
So I can't go around--
不能
行吧
All right.
我彻底败了
I was crushed.
幸好呢
But thankfully,
还有相当多的从业者
there were a bunch of scaffolding people
在酒店外闲逛
hanging around outside,
他们并不介意透露
and they were fine telling me
他们那点小秘密
all their secrets.
生意很好 生意特别景气
Business is good, business is booming,
我们的… 销♥售♥额每年都会增长
our s-- our sales are increasing year over year.
你要是在纽约
If you're in New York City,
肯定逃不开脚手架的
you will-- you will never get away from scaffolding,
我人格担♥保♥
I can promise you that.
你们担心…
Do you worry about
你们各处转悠的时候 坠物掉到自己头上么?
stuff falling on you when you walk around cities?
会啊 -有时候会担心
Oh, yes. Yes. -Sometimes, yes.
除非那脚手架是我老公架的
Unless my husband has done the scaffolding,
那我就不怕了
I don't worry about it.
如果看到一幅架得特别好的脚手架
When you see a well-done scaffolding job,
你们会觉得有美感么?
do you see beauty?
会啊
Yes.
还觉得很安全 -是啊
And safety. -Yes.
脚手架可以当成一种艺术吗?
Can scaffolding be art?
当然可以
Yes, it can.
那就是艺术品 那就是
It is art. It is art.
我在城里游走时
Walking around downtown,
我还真没看到…
I actually didn't even
有脚手架
see any scaffolding.
可能因为…
Maybe this is because
新奥尔良的脚手架…
all the scaffolding in New Orleans was
就是建筑物的一部分
actually built into the architecture down here.
这是种非常美观的选项
It was a beautiful alternative.
如果纽约用上永久性的构造
Would New York be better off if we had something permanent
取代临时搭建的玩意
剧集 | 约翰·威尔逊的十万个怎么做(2020) | 导航列表