for six years.
任何人都不相信我
And I couldn't get anybody to believe me.
就这样 我开始绝望了
As this went on, I began to get desperate.
我不睡觉
I wasn't sleeping.
根本睡不着
I just couldn't...
在那个房♥间我就是睡不着
couldn't sleep in that room.
你听人们说
You know, when you hear people say,
我住的房♥子闹鬼 很酷吧
"Hey, I live in a haunted house. It's cool."
操♥你♥妈♥的 你住的房♥子闹鬼 一点都不酷
Yeah, fuck you. You live in a haunted house. It's not cool.
这并不有趣
It's not fun.
不好玩 不是一个可以告诉朋友的小故事
It's not amusing. It's not a cute story to tell your friends.
我开始渴望得到任何东西
I began to get desperate for something, anything.
在一个车♥库♥拍卖♥♥会上 我发现了一个占卜板
And we were at a garage sale, and they had a Ouija board.
我们把手指放在上面 就那种正常的动作
So, we put our fingers on it, the way you're supposed to do.
拼出来的话都是 伤害你
And all it spelled out was "hurt you,"
一遍又一遍
over and over and over.
伤害你
"Hurt you."
伤害你
"Hurt you."
我觉得有什么事发生了
I... I felt like something was happening.
我觉得非常危险
I felt very, very much in danger.
什么
What?
我妈进来冲洗了浴缸
My mom comes in and rinses the tub,
对我什么也没说
and doesn't say anything to me.
我在想 妈妈
I'm like, "Mom...
有什么事正在发生
something is happening."
但有一瞬间 她看我的时候
But there is a moment where she looks at me,
我可以从她的眼神里看出
and I can see in her eyes
她是知情的
that she's aware.
你妈为什么要那么做
Why would your mom do that?
我觉得她是在拒绝接受现实
I think she was in denial.
我知道我们付不起账单
I knew that we struggled to pay the bills.
经常拖欠房♥租
I knew that we were often behind on rent.
我想我父母害怕如果我惹了麻烦
I think my parents were terrified that if I caused problems,
说这房♥子有不好的东西
that I was saying negative things about the complex,
他们会被赶出去
that they would get kicked out.
几年后 我们家四分五裂
And then a couple years passed, and our home was falling apart.
我爸酒喝得越来越多
My dad's drinking was getting worse
我妈怀了我弟
and my mom got pregnant with my little brother.
他们试图改善现状
They tried to make a better situation.
我妈催我们搬回贝克斯菲尔德
My mom really pushed for us to move back to Bakersfield,
那里租金便宜一点 日子好过点
where the rent's a little cheaper, a little easier to get by,
当初还是一个完整的家
where we had family.
我很兴奋 可以搬出闹鬼的房♥子了
And I was so excited we were moving out of the haunted house.
维修人员说随口说了一句
And the maintenance man says real off-hand,
你们居然坚持了这么久
"I'm surprised you guys lasted that long."
我记得我说了句 什么
And I remember going, "What?"
住在里面的女士谋杀了她两个孩子
"Yeah. Lady who lived there murdered her two kids
就在浴缸里 然后在衣橱里上吊自杀了
in the bathtub and hung herself in your closet."
还不到一周我们就搬进来了
We moved in within a week of that happening.
维修人员当时在更换油布
The maintenance man was literally replacing the linoleum
因为上面有血
because of the blood,
然后把她上吊那里的地毯给换了
and replacing the carpets from where she hung herself...
因为已经好几天没找到她了
'cause she hadn't been found for days.
我在那一刻意识到大家都知道了
I realized in that moment everybody knew.
邻居们知道
The neighbors knew.
我父母知道
My parents knew.
房♥东知道
The landlord knew.
我朋友的父母
My friends' parents...
大家都知道那个公♥寓♥里发生了什么事
Everybody knew what had happened in that apartment.
他们还让我们搬进去
And they let us move in anyway.
六年来
For six years,
我被房♥子里的一个实体
I was tormented, tortured and abused
纠缠 折磨和虐待
by an entity in that house.
后来我们搬去了贝克斯菲尔德
So, we went to Bakersfield.
那个房♥子有个真正的后院
We moved into a house that had a real backyard.
这就是我从汽车旅馆搬到公♥寓♥的
It was very much how I felt going from a motel room
深刻感受
to an apartment.
我只记得
And I just remember, like, "This is...
没关系 结束了 停止了
So, this is okay. It's over. I'm done. It stops."
我们开始上学了
We started school.
我认识了邻里的孩子
I met neighborhood kids.
感觉真的很好
It felt really, really good.
过了段时间
So, a little time went by,
我开始放松警惕
and I think I was just starting to let my guard down.
有一天晚上 我和我最好的朋友
And then one night, me and my best friend,
在雾中骑自行车
we're out riding our bicycles in the fog.
杰森
Jason...
杰森 当心
Jason, watch out!
我又看到了她
When I saw her again,
我以为我们逃掉了
after thinking we got away,
我在想 这怎么可能
I thought, "How was that possible?
是房♥子闹鬼 不是人
Houses are haunted, not people."
但并非如此
But that's not entirely true.
她和我一起来了
She came with me.
我们回到了我朋友的家 进去后
We get back to my friend's place and we come in,
他说 妈妈 我们得叫辆救护车
and... he's like, "Mom, Mom, we gotta call an ambulance.
我们得带杰森去看医生 立刻
We gotta get Jason to a doctor. Like... like, now."
这个女人坐在沙发上 双眼放空
This woman is sitting on the couch, just blank,
凝视远方
staring into the distance.
她旁边有一根燃尽的香烟
There's a cigarette burned down to ash beside her
她只是
and she's just...
一直看着远方
just checked out.
然后她转过头来
And she turns her head,
看着我 生气了
and she looks right at me, and she's getting angry
她站起来
as she stands up.
她看着我 但没有看到我
And she's looking at me, but she's not seeing me
然后说 你应该死了
and says, "You're supposed to be dead.
你应该死了
You're supposed to be dead.
你应该死了
You're supposed to be dead."
杰森 你认为你朋友的妈妈
Jason, do you think your friend's mom, um...
就像是一条导管
was being, like, a conduit?
是的 我真的相信
Yeah, I... I really do believe
那个穿白衣服的女人是通过她说话的
that the woman in white was speaking through her.
我真的相信
And I really do believe
你应该死了 是对我的指示
"You're supposed to be dead" was directed at me.
我差一点就死掉了
I had just missed death by an inch.
我意识到这一切还在继续
That was the realization that this was continuing.
我开始感觉没有什么能阻止它
I started to feel like nothing was gonna make it stop.
我开始感觉它越来越近 越来越糟
I started to feel like it was closing in and it was getting worse,
我担心我爱的人会受伤
and I was worried that somebody I loved was going to get hurt.
所以
So...
我做了唯一合理的事情 我跑掉了
I did the only thing that made sense, I ran away.
我放弃了一切
I gave up everything.
我很少在一个地方停留超过一个晚上
I rarely stayed more than one night in one location.
我试着领先一步
I tried to stay one step ahead.
我想 如果我继续前进
And I thought, “If I keep moving,
如果我不停下
if I just don't hold still..."
-她就找不到你了 -她就找不到我了
- She can't find you then. - "She can't find me."
有用吗
And is it workin'?
好像有用
It seemed to. It seemed to.
接着我遇到了一个女孩 你妈妈
And then a girl came along. Your mom.
我们决定试一试
We decided to try and make a go of it.
然后你就出生了
And you were born.
我和我爱的人在一起
I'm with someone I love.
住在一个好地方 生活很美好
I'm in a good place. Life is good.
几年过去后 我想着
And a couple of years had passed, and I thought, "Okay.
我跑过了它 我逃掉了
I outran it. I got away."
我当时在保龄球馆工作
And I had this job at the bowling alley, working in the...
在油炸区
the fry cook area.
下班后
I got off work,
向停车场走去