这些孩子的灵魂告诉我 我们会搞定你妈妈的
These... spirit children told me, "We'll take care of your mom."
-他们就是这么做的 -是的
- That's what they did. - Yep.
我真的觉得他们是在保护我
I really felt that they were trying to protect me.
那天晚上 我真的睡着了
That night, I was actually able to sleep,
因为我不用担心任何事了
because I didn't have to worry about anything.
我看到了母亲的灵魂
And I saw my mother's spirit.
我会永远和你在一起
I'll be with you forever.
我感觉肩上的重负不见了
I felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders.
她好像在为伤害我而道歉
It's like she was apologizing for how she hurt me.
我的疼痛正在减轻
My pain was being put to rest.
我感觉很平静
I felt at peace.
从那时起
From that time on,
我再也听不到孩子的灵魂的声音了
I didn't hear from the spirit children anymore.
我青少年时有一段旅程 一段独特的旅程
My teen years, it was kind of a journey, a unique journey for me.
我能预知事情的发生
I could know things before they happened.
我能听到别人听不到的声音
I could hear things that nobody else could hear.
我能感觉到别人感觉不到的东西
I could feel things nobody else did.
在那时我觉得
At... at one point, I was like,
这像超人一样
"Wow, this is like being Superman or something."
但是如果不能帮助别人 那当超人又有什么用
But what good is being Superman if you can't help anybody?
所以我1981年加入了海军
So I joined the Navy in 1981,
去了我第一驻站
went to my first station,
加利福尼亚 阿♥拉♥米达站 企业号♥航♥空♥母舰
USS Enterprise, Station Alameda, California.
两天后 我的部队收到一则消息
Two days later, I get a message down to my division
一个牧师想要见我
that one of the chaplains wanted to see me, and...
他说 你母亲德洛丽丝要我跟你谈谈
he said, "Your mother Dolores wants me to talk to you.
-真的吗 -是的
- Really? - Yep.
几天前
Never met this guy,
我都没见过这人 没跟他说过话
except a couple days ago, never talked to him.
他说 你不了解你的潜力
He says, "You have no idea your potential
和你的能力
with your abilities that you have."
他称之为觉醒
He called it being awake.
你可以用它来帮助需要帮助的人
"You can use it to help people in need."
接下来的春天
I think it was that following spring.
朱莉
Julie...
你和你丈夫迈克一直有些问题
You and your husband Mike had been having some issues,
而且他的情况很糟
and he was in a bad way.
你走进厨房♥说
And you went into the kitchen and you said that,
感觉有些不对劲
"Something doesn't look right."
桌上有一叠整齐的纸
There was paper on the table in nice little stacks and...
他所有的东西都摆在餐桌上
All of his things were laid out on the buffet.
-是的 -钥匙做了标记
- Yeah. - Keys labeled.
-我以为他在打扫 -嗯
- I thought he was cleaning. - Right.
-我都没多想 -嗯
- I didn't even think. - Right.
他走进了老谷仓
And he went into the old barn.
你给我打了电♥话♥ 你
You had called me. I mean, you're...
歇斯底里地说 迈克开枪自杀了
hysterical, and all you said is, "Mike shot himself.
迈克开枪自杀了 天哪 迈克开枪自杀了
Mike shot himself. Oh, my God, Mike shot himself."
我在想该怎么帮助你
I thought, "How do I help you?"
我记得
I remember that.
有一个夏天我回去了 去了你家
And then I went back one summer, down at your house,
我带了我的电子装备 灵魂探测仪
and I brought my RadioShack hack, you know, spirit box.
很不真实
It was unreal.
谁在那儿
Who's there?
谁在那儿
Who's there?
哈维
Harvey?
迈克
Mike?
朱莉 亲爱的
Julie, dear...
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
迈克的灵魂在那栋房♥子里
Mike's spirit was in that house.
真的听到他的声音
And actually hearing his voice
站在那里 有一种解脱
and standing there, it was like a relief
他说很抱歉
that... he was sorry.
我真的没觉得他是想这样来伤害我们
And I really never thought that he did that to hurt us.
-他只是想结束他的痛苦 -嗯
- He was trying to end his pain. - Right.
天啊 目睹了你的感受
God, it was... I mean, just seeing you feel that,
如释重负的感觉
like, you know, weight lifted off you,
让我明白了牧师的意思
I realized this is what the chaplain was talking about.
我该如何去做 以及为什么去做这些事
How and why I can do what I do.
这也证实了我兄弟
And then it validated that my brother actually
真的有了不起的天赋 可以为人们提供帮助
has a pretty decent gift to offer people and to help them.
我发现了自己的意义
I feel that my place on this Earth,
我经历的这个漩涡
after going through that maelstrom that I went through,
是有原因的
there was a reason for it.
我相信 我就是注定要为人们
And that reason, I believe, is that I'm meant to help people
与死者联♥系♥的
connect with the departed.